• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 1,329 Views, 66 Comments

Beyond Sisters Love - Harmony Split



Cloudchaser and Flitter made it work, they fought against everypony’s judgment and the laws forbidding it. However, there is worse to come as echoes of the past return to haunt their future. How far will they go to try and save their love?

  • ...
5
 66
 1,329

We're home

Chapter ten: We’re home

“Oh Celestia, that was one crazy week,” Flitter said as she walked in through the door.

“I know what you mean,” Cloudchaser laughed, following behind her.

“Welcome home, girls,” Wave said with a smile as he kept busy in the kitchen.

“Dad, when did you learn to cook?” Flitter asked.

“He’s full of hidden surprises,” Lightning said with a smile as she walked down the stairs. Both sisters noticed that she was walking a little bull legged, but rather than say anything, they just giggled to each other.

“Oh, I wanted you to know that my extended leave was approved. I get to stay with you two for another week!” Wave practically shouted the words.

“Another week… great…” Cloudchaser said in a monotone voice.

“You don’t want me to?” Wave asked.

“It’s just…” Flitter said with a blush.

“What?” Lightning asked.

“Well… mom’s a screamer,” Cloud finished.

Lightning smiled, “I’m not the only one, Moany Bear.”

All three mares laughed. It was true — more than one night everypony had been kept up, secretly trying to outdo the others. For Wave, it had been an… unusual adjustment. But Lighting had been right. These mares, his girls, they were not his daughters — not really. The girls Lightning had given birth to were gone. He lost his chance with them.

These two mares, these two were not them. These two were two mares that had their own life, that loved each other, and had found their own happiness together. He had spent the last three days getting to know them, and he had to say, they were wonderful mares.

Lightning and Wave were connecting with each other like they hadn’t for years. The two had found new passion in their marriage — a new respect and love for each other. One that would see them through even this rocky time. While Lightning still found mares more appealing than stallions, she truly did love her husband. His happiness became hers, his pleasure became hers.

And it wasn’t like the experience didn’t come with its own pleasure.

“Oh mom, how did it go with Celestia?” Flitter asked as she took her spot at the table — a spot that was practically connected to Cloudchaser.

Lightning and Wave smiled. “She’s fine with it. Both of your parents are now officially royal courtesans.”

“Yeah, great, our parents are the princess's sex slaves,” Cloudchaser said sarcastically.

“Jealous?” Lightning asked with a smile.

Cloudchaser was about to answer, “maybe”, but a hoof grabbed her own. Cloudchaser looked over and saw a smile on her sister’s muzzle, one that lit up her world. “No, not really.”

“Is that so?” Wave asked.

“Of course, I have something way better than a princess,” Cloudchaser replied with a smile before kissing Flitter.

Lightning watched their exchange with faux interest. While she was facing her daughters, her attention was only on her husband. She smiled as he watched his girls kiss — no cringe, no look of disgust, and no hesitation was on his face. Just a grin of his own. He had accepted their unusual relationship, and his unusual family.

“Normal’s boring anyway,” Lightning said under her breath.

“How right you are…” Flitter said after they broke the kiss.

Wave whistled. “Get a room you two.”

“This is our house. You and mom should be the ones getting a room,” Cloudchaser laughed.

They all laughed at that as the stallion brought over the soup he had been cooking. He placed it down before filling everypony’s plate with it. “Enjoy it. Something new just for you.”

Flitter looked critically at the soup. “If it’s half as good as mom’s, you’re hired.”

“Thank you,” Wave said with a smile as he took his seat next to his wife. He was in the chair for exactly two seconds before his wife grabbed his muzzle and pulled him in for a long deep kiss.

When they held it, Flitter started to giggle and swoon a little at the open display of romance. For the soft hearted mare, it brought back memories of her fillyhood. A time when she would eagerly await her dad’s return from his latest practice session, or when her mom would kiss him as she headed off to night classes for her law degree.

Cloudchaser simply looked embarrassed. “Ugh… now I lost my appetite.”

Lightning pulled back with a smile on her face as she stared at her husband's shocked expression. “Great, more for us,” she said with a laugh.

“Well, I guess I can eat,” Cloudchaser responded, earning another laugh from her sister.

“What was that for?” Wave asked in a whisper.

“For being the greatest husband and father I know,” Lightning whispered back.

“Says the wife that got her husband laid by the princess,” Wave said back with a smile.

“What can I say? Being married to me has its perks,” Lightning laughed back.

“That it does, but she was never one of them.”

“Could you stop that talk at the table, at least?” Cloud asked with ears folded back. “Or do you want to see me seduce Flitter right now?”

“Dinner and a show?” Lightning said back as she turned her attention to her two girls.

“You can’t be serious,” Cloudchaser said back, some understanding of what she just walking into dawning on her. “Dad?”

Wave laughed. “Don’t mind us, Silver Moany Bear, after all, it is your house.”

Flitter looked at Cloudchaser who was grinning now. “No, Cloudy. If you do this, you can sleep on the couch tonight.”

“Aww, no risk, no fun!” Cloudchaser said before leaning in, peppering small kisses on Flitter’s muzzle. “Besides, you won’t let me sleep on the couch.”

“Cloudchaser! Stop it!” Flitter tried to sound hard, but the voice that came out was more of a coo than anything else.

As she watched her daughter pepper her sister’s muzzle with kisses, Lighting leaned into her husband’s coat. She sighed as she enjoyed his warmth, his touch. He surprised her with his next action, the stallion wrapped his wing around his wife, completing their embrace.

Flitter found her stern gaze dropping at the sight. She began giggling at her sister’s actions, then laughing as they became more and more ticklish on her skin. Cloudchaser had been right — she was never at any risk of sleeping on the couch. In truth, Flitter did not know if she could fall asleep anymore without her sister’s hooves wrapped around her, and she didn’t want to find out.

“Give up yet?” Cloudchaser asked with a grin.

“Yes, yes, you win!” Flitter replied, her voice in a full-on laughing fit.

“Still going to make me sleep on the couch?” Cloudchaser queried, a faux pout on her face.

Flitter grabbed her muzzle and pulled her in for a kiss. Their lips connected, their tongues finding each other as they shared in their embrace. When she pulled back, Flitter asked one question: “What do you think?”

Cloudchaser sighed loudly as she got up and left the table. “I’ll get the spare blanket.”

“Cloudy!!!” Flitter yelled as her sister started to walk up the stairs.

Cloudchaser looked back and laughed.

“We kinda took it…” Lightning said under her breath.

“What, why?” Flitter asked, confused.

“The bed in the spare room isn’t self cleaning,” Wave said with a blush on his muzzle.

Flitter didn’t need any other explanation, but Cloudchaser made it worse. “I bet I can top that mess!”

“We’re not going into any kind of competition with that! Now eat!” Flitter said before leaning in. “We’ll see tonight who will make the bigger mess,” she whispered into Cloudchaser’s ear.

The grin on Cloudchaser’s muzzle was all their parents needed to know. They looked at each other and laughed.

Flitter looked down at her soup and took a sip, smiling as the smorgasbord of flavor hit her tongue. “Wow, this is really good, Dad.”

“Thanks. It’s one of a few recipes I learned on the road.”

“It can’t be that good,” Cloudchaser teased before taking a sip herself. “I stand corrected. W-what is it?”

"Ratatouille," Wave replied. "I learned how to make it on the road."

“I hope it wasn’t ran over by a carriage, but it is good.”

“Glad you like it and no, it was the landing path from the headquarters,” Wave joked back.

“Okay, stop, you two,” Lightning said, looking up from her plate. “With you on the kitchen table I feel like I’m back in flight school canteen again.”

“Oh, you mean where you met dad?” Flitter asked.

Lightning laughed. “Yep, the very same.”

“Didn’t he dump his tray on you?” Cloudchaser asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Dropped,” Wave corrected.

“I would’a kicked him in the flank for that one,” Cloudchaser said.

“I tried,” Lightning said with a raised eyebrow.

“She did. She chased after me for almost thirty minutes,” Wave replied as he reached out a hoof and grabbed ahold of his wife’s.

“Even then he was a superb flyer, a true sight to behold.”

“You weren’t too bad yourself,” Wave said as he kissed Lightning on the side of her muzzle.

“But then, how did you two?” Flitter asked, confused.

“Well, I think we can tell them the rest of the story now,” Lightning said with a grin.

“Oh, really?” Wave replied with a smile.

“Oh no,” Flitter said with a blush, having a good idea of where there was going to go.

“Well, much like today, we had ratatouille for lunch that day. And, well, when I tripped, the tray fell on your mother. As you can imagine it left quite a mess. She was so pissed off that she started to chase after me. Well, I took off as fast as I could, just seeking to outpace her.”

“You tried to outpace me,” Lightning said back with a glare.

“I’ll admit now, I didn’t really want to.”

“What?!?!” Lightning yelled.

“I had a cute mare chasing after me — why would I want that to end?” Wave asked.

Lightning felt herself torn between wanting to kiss him or cuff him over the ear, so she did both.

Wave rubbed the small bruise on the side of his head with a smile. “Well, I did make her fur a mess, so I led her on a small chase around the outer edges of Cloudsdale. Soaking us both. After thirty minutes she started to tire out, and when I saw her land, I dropped down right behind her.”

“Wait, you just landed right behind a mare that was looking to whoop your flank?” Cloudchaser asked, confused.

“What can I say? Her mane… wet… I wanted to see more of that.”

“I made him pay for that,” Lightning replied.

“What happened?” Flitter asked.

“I jumped on him, pinning him to the ground while staring at him in rage.”

“She had you pinned?” Cloudchaser asked.

“Yep, I couldn’t go anywhere even if I wanted to,” Wave said with a smile.

“What did you do?” Cloudchaser asked.

“The only thing I could do: I told her she was the most beautiful mare I’d ever seen, then I kissed her.”

“Wait. The only thing?” Flitter asked. “That’s kind of hard to believe.”

“Well, that’s how it happened,” Lightning chuckled.

“I bet you kicked his flank first for that,” Cloudchaser grinned.

“Not really. I just kissed back,” Lightning blushed slightly.

“Wait, why didn’t you tell us this part earlier?” Flitter asked.

“You know how you said it was kind of hard to believe?” Wave asked, Flitter just nodded. “Well, it wasn’t the only hard thing.”

“Wait… no, you… you didn’t,” Cloudchaser said in disbelief.

Lightning blushed as she looked down, smiling.

“Mom, you didn’t even know him,” Cloudchaser replied.

“I spent thirty minutes chasing after him… he had a cute butt.”

“You two just bucked after one tried to kill the other? You two are insane. Even more than us,” Cloudchaser exclaimed shakily.

“I think it’s kinda romantic,” Flitter said with blushing cheeks.

“Don’t you get any fancy ideas now,” Cloudchaser just growled.

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” Flitter replied with a soft kiss.

Lightning watched her daughters kiss. It was so easy to see the foals they had been, and yet… yet that wasn’t what she saw now. She saw two mares that she loved, and that loved each other in turn. They had grown into strong, independent mares. It made her smile, a smile that she also saw on her husband. She glanced over and took a look at Wave Chill.

The stallion’s silver-gray fur and ragged blue mane always looked unkept. He kept a rugged, manly look to him, almost as if he were always ready to do whatever needed to be done whenever it was needed. It was that attitude that had caused her to fall in love with him. He simply seemed to be this rock, the anchor to her boat.

He wrapped a wing around her and pulled her close. She smiled at that; somehow, the stallion always smelled like the ocean. Over the years it had stopped being a surprise to her — it simply was. Lightning’s favorite vacation spots had always been the sea shore. She told Celestia it was because she enjoyed the smell of the sea, and while that was true, it wasn’t the only reason.

It always reminded her of him.

Suddenly a blue hoof appeared in front of her face and ran along the side of her muzzle. “Why are you crying?” Wave asked softly so as to not alarm his daughters.

She looked at his hoof in shock, surprised to see a small amount of liquid upon it. Closing her eyes, Lightning knew the reason. She reached her muzzle up and whispered into his ear. “Because I’m happy.”

Despite her whispering it, all three ponies in the room heard it. When she pulled her head back there were three sets of grinding faces looking at her. All of which were full of kind eyes. Two of those had tears running down their muzzles.

“You two are too sappy,” Cloudchaser said with a scowl on her muzzle as she saw her sister and father crying at her mom’s words.

“Come here, you!” Flitter said as she practically jumped on her sister’s lap, wrapping her up in a very unwanted kiss.

“I’m happy too,” Wave said as he did nothing to wipe the tears from his eyes. It had been so long since the two of them had truly felt like this. Lighting pressed her muzzle to her husband’s and just held his embrace as the two enjoyed their shared warmth.

“Why don’t you two call it a night — we’ll clean up down here,” Flitter offered, surprising both of her parents. They each looked up, seeing their daughters already cleaning the table.

How long were we? Wave thought before he realized a critical truth, he didn’t care how long he had embraced his wife. He simply glared into his wife’s loving eyes. She nodded and smiled back. “Well, if you girls don’t mind.”

“Just don’t wake the neighbors, mom,” Cloudchaser said in a half joking, half serious tone of voice.

“Yeah, can’t have two of us doing that,” Lightning said as she started to work her way up the stairs, a small swing in her hips.

Before Wave could follow his wife, a hoof wrapped around his neck, bringing him in for a hug. Wave looked down in shock as a pale green haired mare with a pink bow hugged him. “Flitter?”

“I love you, dad,” Flitter said, her voice sounding like she was holding back tears.

Wave felt tears falling from his own eyes. He wanted to ask why. He wanted to say he had been a horrible father and didn’t deserve her love. But that’s the thing about love: it’s not earned; it’s given, freely.

It’s an irony of life that the greatest treasures have no price. They cannot be bought, stolen, or taken. They are only given freely. Often when we feel like we are the least deserving of such things.

“I love you too, my daughter.”

Another hoof wrapped around him. Wave cried openly as he felt Cloudchaser wrap her wing around them both. “I love you too, Cloud.”

Cloudchaser didn’t say it back, but she didn’t have too. Her actions said it for her.

Flitter pulled back first, surprising Wave. Cloudchaser took longer to let him go, only doing so when she heard her sister giggling at them. “Now get going. It’s rude to keep a lady waiting,” Cloudchaser said with a wink.

“You’re right about that,” Wave said. Although he wasn’t looking at her, his eyes were glued to another set at the top of the stairs. A set that looked at him with kindness and love, and, a little… a lot of lust as well.

The two girls watched as their father ran up the stairs, a noticeable purpose in his movements that spoke of a certain motivation to his actions.

Flitter giggled while Cloudchaser just huffed. “I’m glad I’m with you and not a horny stallion.”

“Cloudy, sometimes you’re no better, especially in heat.”

Cloudchaser blushed. “That’s not true…”

“It is or shall I count all the times?” Flitter raised an eyebrow.

“That’s not fair!” Cloudchaser rolled her eyes while Flitter just blew her a raspberry.

Cloudchaser frowned as she watched her sister walk away. That frown became a small smile, and then a grin when she remembered something. “Shall I remind you who bought all of our little toys.”

Flitter paused in her walk, her face draining of color.

Cloudchaser grinned. She knew she had just played her trump card.

Flitter turned to her. “Yeah, you're the one that insists on breaking them in though. Or should I remind you how many batteries we go through.”

Cloudchaser laughed, soon joined by Flitter. “Maybe we are as bad as stallions.”

“I think we are,” Flitter replied as she walked over and kissed her sister on the side of the muzzle. “But with a lover as hot as you, can you blame me?”

“Have you looked at yourself lately?” Cloudchaser asked as her sister turned away. She caught an eyeful of her sister’s flank.

“Now, now… no sex in the kitchen,” Flitter reminded her.

“Who said anything about the kitchen?” Cloudchaser asked with a smirk.

Flitter only needed a moment to figure it out. “Race ya!” she exclaimed before rushing to the stairs, her lover and sister hot on her tail.

***

The sunlight shone through the window, illuminating Cloudchasers fur. She woke to its gentle warmth, a warmth that paled in comparison to the body laying next to her. Looking down she saw her sister’s muzzle pressed firmly against her coat, softly nuzzling up to her in a loving embrace.

Cloudchaser did her best not to move. She didn’t want to wake her sister — not yet anyway. Besides, her own body did not want her to move either. Last night had been kinda… rough and her body had no compunction about reminding her of that fact. Still, she took pride in one thing: between the noises heard around the house last night, she had won.

Of course she knew her mother would win the ‘most dirty bed’ challange, but the sisters’ bed was self cleaning, so that wasn’t really a fair challenge.

So much had happened, so much had occurred over the last few months. It was scarcely believable at times. And yet, if given a million do overs, she wouldn’t change a thing. The journey had been rough; it had been full of anxiety, terror, and heartbreak, but it ended just as she had wanted it to. She got to wake up each morning to her sister’s touch, to simply holding her as she slept.

The smell of waffles wasn’t bad either.

“Wait, waffles?” Cloudchaser said as her mind put two and two together. Either her dad or mom were already up — up and cooking breakfast.

“Flitter, I think we got breakfast,” Cloudchaser said as she lightly shook her lover.

“Not again, Moany Bear. I’m a little tired,” Flitter said back, half asleep.

“Oh, too tired for me?” Cloudchaser said with a pout.

Flitter blinked her eyes clear as she stared at her sister’s face. “Well…” she started before her nose picked up on the smell, “maybe after breakfast.”

Cloudchaser giggled at that. “Come on. I don’t think it will wait forever.”

Flitter groaned, but got up slowly from the bed. She was the first to leave the room and go down the stairs, Cloudchaser needed much longer. She could feel every single muscle and more. She was completely sore, the reason for that a certain sexy mare walking in front of her.

She wasn’t really surprised to see that indeed their parents were up and had already prepared breakfast. What surprised her more, however, was that her parents looked extremely fit and well, despite everything she had heard last night.

Flitter looked back and saw her sister making her way down the steps. She recognized that walk and felt a little guilty about it. Maybe we overdid it last night, she thought. With her right wing she pulled out her sister’s chair, letting her sit down without having to do it herself.

Cloudchaser nodded her thanks as Wave walked over with a plate of waffles held in his mouth. Wave laid out a plate of waffles for each of his girls as Flitter took a seat beside her sister at the kitchen table. He grinned when he saw Cloudchaser’s face contort as she struggled to get comfortable on her flank, a noticeable soreness from her activities last night.

Lightning was much the same when she sat down, Wave thought with a smile.

“What do you two have planned for this weekend?” Flitter asked.

Lightning and Wave looked at each other, a small giggle passing between them. “Well, I am still on leave from the Wonderbolts and your mom did take a few weeks off from her job, but, well, we have another job now too.”

“Oh, princess duties call?” Cloudchaser said, chuckling.

“You could say that,” Lightning smiled.

“Oh, oh, you just gotta fill us in on all the gossip with the princess!” Cloudchaser said.

“Really, what makes you think we know any of that?” Wave asked.

“C’mon, really? You’re both bucking her. You gotta know something,” Cloudchaser said with a smile.

“Cloudchaser, language!” Wave said more on reflex then actual offence.

“Said my sex slave parents.” Cloudchaser blew him a raspberry.

“Well, she has us there,” Lightning admitted, laughing.

Wave grumbled under his breath, but said nothing.

“Well, as you both know, the summer sun solstice is coming up. Celestia has mainly been getting ready for that.”

“Oh, this one is special, no?” Flitter asked.

“Yep, she’s even sending her prized student to come oversee it.”

“Celestia has a student?” Cloudchaser asked.

“Yep, a… Twilight Sparkle if I remember correctly.”

“She found another alicorn?” Flitter asked, remembering when she took on Princess Cadance as her niece.

“No, apparently she’s just a unicorn,” Lightning replied.

“A unicorn?” Flitter asked, surprised. Celestia only took on the best of the best as her personal students. For a unicorn to make that list… well, that said a lot.

“Yep, she should be coming in on Monday, so we’ll have this weekend to help Celestia… relax.” Lighting said with a wink as she placed her hoof on her husband’s thigh.

“It’s a tough job, but somepony’s gotta do it,” Wave said sarcastically.

All four of them laughed at that.

Flitter turned to her sister and saw the smile on her face, “Do you think we’ll get to meet her?” she asked Cloud.

“Maybe, I doubt somepony that has the princess’s attention could come to town and not leave at least a little impact.”

“Yeah, but how much impact can one pony leave?” Flitter asked.

“Well, if you’re anything to go by, I’d say a life changing one,” Cloudchaser said as she brought her sister in close for a hug.

Flitter leaned into the hug and breathed in her sister’s scent. “I love you, Cloudy.”

“I love you too, Flitter.”

Author's Note:

And with that, another story with the sisters is done.
I hope you enjoyed it, until next time! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 13 )

When I was reading the early parts of this chapter, I remembered TiM: Preening is a family affair and feared you were going to go full-on family orgy. I'm glad you didn't.

Whoo! This was an awesome story.

6114579
Just a bit sexy fun :twilightsmile:
6114636
Thanks!

6118365
Maybe? :raritywink:
But definitely not in the next time, I'm afraid.

Such… much… genius.

6807485
Are you sure you don't mix that up?
She never said that in Shaping^^

you have to make a new book dude this series is awsomer than rainbow dash her self:rainbowderp::rainbowhuh:. :pinkiegasp:

That was great! :rainbowwild::heart: (And I too vote for a sequel!) Maybe something that follows along season 1?

Another great story, another upvote and another fave.

6807576 In Hearths Warming Cloudshaping she did right at the begining

7364686
I'll have to take a look again by time
This story is old, can't remember everything

Alright, this was hands down the best series of Flitter and Cloudchaser I've read. Everything - the pacing, the emotion, the series of events, they were real and not too unbelievable. I love how you gave every character equal importance in this story. Congrats, you got an upvote and a comment from a holy goddess that loves romance and sadness too much. I'll definitely keep an eye out for more of these type of stories from you. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment