• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 1,329 Views, 66 Comments

Beyond Sisters Love - Harmony Split



Cloudchaser and Flitter made it work, they fought against everypony’s judgment and the laws forbidding it. However, there is worse to come as echoes of the past return to haunt their future. How far will they go to try and save their love?

  • ...
5
 66
 1,329

Under Celestia's wing

Chapter five: Under Celestia’s wing

Cloudchaser recovered from the shock first. “Mom? What are you doing here?”

“Well, I’m your official defender, dear.” White Lightning chuckled softly before continuing. “And I don’t think that’s a good way to greet your mother after over a year apart, do you?”

“Why did you accept the case? With what we’ve been accused of?” Flitter mumbled, not really knowing what to say.

“I think that we should talk over that in private,” she replied softly, surprising the sisters. It was like she was okay with all what they were accused for. Or perhaps she just didn’t believe it. Either way, Cloudchaser and Flitter both found themselves dumbfounded by this turn of events. Celestia had said she would hoof-pick their defense and boy, did she ever. “Are you going to follow me now or would you two like to stay there all day?” White Lightning chided from the back door, snapping the sisters from their thoughts.

“Where are we heading, mom?” Flitter asked nervously.

“To see Celestia, of course. She has some plans for the court. We’d both like to do what we can without causing any more trouble.” White Lightning chuckled softly.

“Wait. You know it, believe it, and you’re okay with it?” Cloudchaser yelled now.

“Quiet, dear. We don’t want anypony to hear us,” Lightning whispered, still leading the way.

“I don’t understand. How are you okay with it?” Cloudchaser asked, this time in a lower volume. Her brain was refusing to process any more information until it got an answer to this burning question.

The white mare sighed. “Let me explain it later. We have a lot to do before the court begins.”

“Mom?” Cloudchaser stopped, refusing to go on.

With a stern look, White Lightning turned back and faced her oldest daughter, “Cloud, some conversations are meant to be had behind closed doors. This is one of those. You will get an explanation, but not right now and especially not while the princess is waiting on us. Now, as you so elegantly pointed out, I am your mother, so you will either come along, or I’ll paddle your flank until you do. What’s it going to be?”

Cloudchaser blushed slightly, remembering that her mother wasn’t one for empty threats. “Alright, alright. But we want an answer later.”

Flitter found herself in a very awkward position as she watched the exchange. Part of her really, really wanted to see that. However, when Cloudchaser gave in, she had no choice but to sigh and continue walking. Still the image of her sister with a tender red flank refused to leave her mind.

“Flitter, are you okay?” Cloudchaser asked as she draped a wing around her. The action startled Flitter and she jumped with a silent ‘eep’.

“I’m fine — just worried about the court,” she replied, trying to get the image out of her head.

“If you two would hurry up there would be less to worry about,” White Lightning said with a sigh as she was forced to keep waiting.

“Yes, mom,” both sisters said at the same time and they started walking forward. Lightning eyed the wing over Flitter but said nothing. Circumstantial evidence was worthless at the best of times. Besides, they are sisters — it would be unusual for them not to show some affection with each other. She knew it meant more and so would any onlooker, but court wasn’t about what you knew, it was about what you could prove.

And that’s exactly what I’m worried about with Celestia’s idea, Lightning thought.

They walked the rest of the way in silence. The three mares soon approached a large door with two royal guards posted on either side. When they got closer, the left guard nodded at them and opened the door with a flick of his horn. “The princess is waiting for you.”

They went inside and the door was quickly shut behind them. Princess Celestia was lying on some cushions, scribbling notes on a piece of paper. “It’s good to see you again, Lightning. Please, make yourself comfortable. I just have to finish these here.”

White Lightning smiled. “Thank you, Celestia,” she said before motioning her daughters to some cushions.

“You know Celestia personally?” Cloudchaser whispered, eyes wide.

The princess answered. “Yes, I’ve known your mother for some time now,” she said with a small chuckle, and Lightning laughed too.

The sisters looked between their mother and the princess, trying to follow, but they were unable to get it. “What?” they both blurred out.

“I don’t have to explain myself to my daughters,” Lightning replied with a blush before nodding to the princess. “Let’s head back to the subject.”

“Why do you both want to help us?” Cloudchaser asked bluntly. “You haven’t visited us for over a year, you never even write,” she said to her mother, then turned to Celestia. “And you, the Princess of Equestria herself, are trying to help us with everything too. Why?”

Celestia and Lightning shared a gaze before sighing. “Let’s say Celestia and I can understand what you’re going through and what complications you have to stand up against.” White Lightning said, her voice barely a whisper.

“Mom, you understand?” Cloudchaser said, flabbergasted. “You don’t have a sister.”

White Lightning stood up on her hooves. “Celestia, what’s said in this room is confidential, yes?”

“Yes, this is an official meeting and rules of attorney–client privilege apply. I’m present in an advisory role and as such I‘m held to the same rules. Nothing said here can or will be used in court.”

“Good. Cloudchaser, I know you and Flitter are in a romantic relationship with each other. Heck, you two did such a piss poor job hiding it that all of Equestria knows by now. I might not have a sister, so I can’t know exactly what you’re going though, there are other types of relationships that are equally taboo in this land.”

“Like what?”

“Celestia and I have been an item for some time now. And before you ask, yes, we buck every chance we get.”

Cloudchaser raised her eyebrows. She looked at Celestia who nodded, confirming everything her mom had just said.

“What about Dad?” Flitter asked, her voice shivering slightly.

“I love your father and I don’t regret anything, especially not you two. But, to be honest, I’m not really into stallions,” Lightning replied with a sad smile. “I keep him happy, and he allows me this. We both love each other deeply and when I told him that I really wasn’t satisfied by him, we decided that this was an equitable solution for the both of us.”

“So dad is okay with you loving and bucking the princess?” Flitter blurted out.

“Yes, is that so hard to believe? He wants me to be happy too. Outside of the bedroom, we love each other and care for one another like any other husband and wife. Inside, I satisfy him, and he lets me be satisfied by Celestia.”

Cloudchaser looked worried at Flitter who started to whimper. Crawling closer, she curled her sister in a winged embrace, pecking her cheek.

“I-It’s just a bit much to take in,” Flitter said, but rested in the warmth, relaxing a bit.

“For two sisters that are each other’s special someponies, I figured you two would be more open to unorthodox relationships.” Lightning smiled.

“You’re our mother, and all those years, we’ve seen you and dad as a normal married couple. What did you expect?” Cloudchaser asked her. “We love each other, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t aware how wrong it is in other’s eyes. We just ignore it most of the time.”

Celestia frowned. “So you don’t approve?”

“We never said that,” came Flitter’s muffled response. “It’s just a lot to take in.”

Lightning walked up and wrapped a hoof around both her daughters. “Girls, nothing’s changed. I love you both, your father loves you both. I simply have two lovers in the bedroom, one that happens to be the Princess of Equestria. Because of that, it saved my marriage. Before we came up with this, your father and I were going to get a divorce. He said that if he couldn’t make me happy, he wanted me to be with somepony that could.”

“I understand,” Cloudchaser said with a smile towards Flitter, deeply snuggled against her chest. “I don’t want a stallion or any other mare. I know that she makes me happy, even if it is wrong. Everything we do, I can cherish with her. It’s something that makes my heart burn with desire time and time again.”

“Good, I assume we can get back to the matter at hoof now?” Lightning asked. As the sisters nodded, she continued. “Celestia has an idea about how we can get you through all of this without any harm, and without causing any trouble to the royals.”

Both sisters’ ears perked up at that and Celestia faced them with a small smile. “As you know, incest is forbidden by a law that was created over a thousand year ago. It wasn’t even created by me, but the royals that were worried about the clean bloodlines in Equestria. Before then, incest was quite common. Mostly between sister and brother, but also occasionally other parts of the family. The royalty took note of this and forced me to pass a law against incest.” Celestia sighed and looked at Lightning, who continued.

“This law is old, and if you ask me, outdated by now. You won’t believe it, but there are a lot of incestuous pairings out there, they just do much better jobs hiding it. And that’s where Celestia’s idea comes into play. She will banish you from Cloudsdale, a town where you two are well known. You will move to a smaller, much quieter town or city where nopony knows you. If you stay under the cover we give you and as long as nopony that knows you gets wind of it, everything should be fine.”

Celestia chuckled. “I suggest that you two will move to Ponyville. It’s a nice, peaceful town as far as I know.”

“What if somepony sees us? I think Rainbow Dash is already planning on moving there,” Cloudchaser asked.

“Cloud, Rainbow supported us all the time. Why would that change once we moved there?” Flitter gave her a deadpan expression.

Cloudchaser thought about her sister’s reply. It made sense; however, before she could accept there was only one thing she still needed an answer to. “We’ll get to be together?”

“Of course,” Celestia said and laughed, with Lightning chiming in. “Why should we try to separate you two? Your love is clear, even to a blind pony.”

“But how will the royals react if we are still together?” Flitter asked.

“Why do they have to know that I banished you together?” Celestia asked with a raised eyebrow.

Cloudchaser smiled and nodded at that. However, Flitter still wasn’t happy. She wanted one more thing answered. “What about Cerulean Skies?” At the mention of his name, the room went dead quiet.

“We have enough witnesses to prove that he was trying to do it again. Don’t worry, dear,” Lightning said with a slight scowl in her voice.

“Cerulean might have been able to force our hooves on the incest issue, but his trial is completely separate. He’ll be in court next week, and as a repeat offender, well, let’s just say the laws allow for a little more leeway in sentencing.” The devilish grin on Celestia’s face was all the comfort Flitter needed. Although it wasn’t even a match for the one on their mother’s face.

“Don’t forget what I said,” Celestia said with a chuckle to Lightning, “you’re not allowed to flay him.”

“What? His skin will grow back, or not. I don’t really care either way.” Lightning said as she blew the princess a raspberry.

“His coat will, not his skin. And you should let that tongue stay where it belongs.” Celestia blew her one back.

“Or what?”

“You’ll see then.”

“Oh, I’d love to try it out.”

Cloudchaser looked uneasily between the two older mares. “Uh… can we stay on topic?”

Celestia and Lighting blushed, giving each other a look that said, ‘later,’ before looking away.

Flitter coughed and Lightning focused on her. “Uh, well, where were we? Ah, yes. We hope that this plan leaves the royals a bit in the dark and that it grants you a life together.”

“And you think they will just let it go like that? Are they that dumb?” Cloudchaser asked in disbelief.

“They are quite smart, actually. But all you have to do is make it seem like it was their idea all along and they’ll go along with it. Trust me, I’ve been dealing with them over a thousand of years,” Celestia replied with a wink.

A knock on the door startled the group. As soon as Celestia replied, the door was pushed open and a guard looked in. “Your highness, they’re all here now. Court can start on your demand.”

“Thank you. Please tell them we will convene in thirty minutes,” Celestia said softly.

Sharply, the guard saluted and left, closing the door behind him.

“I think it’s time to prepare. Everything that was said in this room, stays here. I hope you two can improve your acting skills by then.” Celestia smirked at the sisters. Both Flitter and Cloudchaser blushed at that. They both knew they had completely dropped the ball with hiding what they were doing before now.

The twenty minutes were filled to the brim with Lightning walking her daughters through everything they had to expect during the trail. To the sisters’ credit, both of them stood up to their mother’s questioning without issue. Celestia simply sat back and watched. True to her word, she only served as an advisory role for Lightning. Something the experienced mare had no need for.

At the twenty minute mark, Celestia left to go to court room. Lightning got each of her daughters a glass of water and told them to use the restroom, even if they didn’t have to go.

Soon, both girls stood outside of the courtroom with their mother. “You two ready for this?” Lightning asked her daughters.

“Yes.” They both said, surprised that they actually meant it. The talk with their mother and Celestia had instilled a certain confidence in them.

That feeling faded when they walked through the door. The courtroom was full of pegasus ponies, all of whom looked at them with hatred in their eyes. Instantly Flitter knew the reason: the pony glaring at them with the smug look on his face had them all come in for this. Cerulean Skies — or more likely his father — had had them all pack the courtroom.

Flitter held her head high as she walked behind her mother. Nopony was actually dumb enough to say anything in the court precinct, but that didn’t prevent looks of disgust from being thrown their way.

As they took their seats at the table for the defence, Cerulean blew little kisses to Cloudchaser. While she pointedly ignored his movements, Lightning did not. She pulled out several acorns from her briefcase and made a point to violently smash them to bits with her hoof on the table, an action that drew every eye in the room. Without ceremony, she calmly swept the remains of the nuts into a trashcan under the table.

There were no more kisses after that.

“All rise for Princess Celestia,” the guard at the door announced to the room.

As every mare and stallion got up, Celestia walked in and headed to the front of the courtroom. “Please be seated,” Celestia said. Everypony took their seat. “We’re here today to review the accusations Cerulean Skies made against the sisters Flitter and Cloudchaser. For the prosecution we have?”

A white unicorn bowed for the prosecution. “Swift Justice, your highness.” Lightning stiffed up just a little at the sound of his name. Swift Justice was one of the best lawyers bits could buy. Still, it wouldn’t change anything.

“For the defence we have?”

“White Lightning, your highness.” Lightning bowed her head.

“Swift Justice, your client has accused the defendants of incest under the Incest is not Wincest Act. Please proceed with your opening remarks.”

“Thank you, your majesty. Incest, the disgusting attraction to someone you’re related to — someone that you share blood with. A thousand years ago it was outlawed, and for good reason. It is my intent here today to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the defendants are guilty of those very same acts, and to insure that they are punished, and labeled, accordingly.”

“Swift Justice, I might have to remind you now, that you have no say in any possible punishments and labeling ponies is against the law,” Celestia said with a stern look.

“Of course, your highness, forgive me, I misspoke.”

“Of course. White Lightning, for the defence?”

“Your highness, my clients are nothing more than sisters. They’re sisters; sisters that were born together, that grew up together, and that love each other with a special bond that only sisters can share. Any possible evidence that the prosecution may have is circumstantial at best. I intend to prove that these accusations are nothing more than the actions of a convicted rapist that was simply trying to repeat his office.”

“White Lightning, Cerulean Skies is not on trial here. That’s next week.”

“Indeed, your majesty.” Lightning bowed before taking her seat.

“Prosecution, you may proceed.”

“I’d like to call my first witness, Cerulean Skies.”

They all watched as the cocky stallion made his way to the front of the room. When he took his seat, Swift Justice walked up to him. “Cerulean, in your own words, what did you witness that day? Keep in mind, you’re not on trial today.”

“After I approached Cloudchaser we were… regrettably caught up in a small scuffle, during which the poor mare hit her head on the ground. I was taking her to see a doctor, and that’s when her sister accosted my person.”

“Cerulean Skies, you’re not on trial here today and neither is Flitter for that charge that she has already been acquitted of,” Celestia interrupted.

“Forgive me, your highness. During our… talk, Flitter herself admitted that Cloudchaser was her marefriend. Instantly I knew how wrong that was and reported it to the authorities at the first possible opportunity.”

“No further questions, your majesty.” Swift Justice bowed before moving back to his seat.

“Cross examination for the defence,” Celestia said.

White Lightning stood up and took one last drink of her water. She then moved forward to approach the stallion she wanted to flay alive. “Cerulean Skies, is it true that you were involved in an incident with Cloudchaser when you two were in flight school?”

“Objection: relevance?” Swift Justice asked.

“Motivation to lie, and integrity of the accused, your highness.”

“I’ll allow it,” Celestia said.

“Yes, she accused me of rape when we were in flight school.”

“And you were convicted?”

“Yes.”

“And the day you made this accusation was what, the first or second day you were released?”

“Second.”

“So, on the second day as a free stallion, after serving time for rape, you just happen to run into your victim, you just happen to get into a ‘scuffle’ with her, and she just happens to get knocked unconscious? What an unfortunate stallion you are.”

“What’s your point?”

“Simply this, doesn’t it make more sense that a loving and devoted sister might say something like that to keep her sister’s rapist away from her?”

“That’s not what happened!”

“Of course it isn’t. I mean the word of a convicted rapist carries so much more weight than that of a devoted sister, aren't I right?”

“There were others that heard it too!”

“I’ve already covered that — she simply said it to keep you away from her.”

“No, she meant it.”

“So you say, but we’re in court, it’s about what you can prove not what you say.” Lightning glared at him before looking up. “No more questions, your highness.”

“Cerulean Skies, you may step down.” When he did, gone was the smooth swagger of his walk. The stallion didn’t feel nearly as confident as he had coming up. “Your next piece of evidence, Swift Justice.”

“My next piece is simple: Flitter and Cloudchaser’s cloud home,” the unicorn said before levitating several pictures from his briefcase and projecting them on the back wall. Flitter gasped as she saw the pictures. There were four in total: two shots of the outside of their home, and two that seemed to have been taken from inside.

Lightning scowled. “Objection! These pictures invade the privacy of my clients.”

“They were made by guards as they were tasked to find evidence. They fall under law and are admissible,” Swift Justice said.

Celestia frowned nearly unnoticeably. “Objection overruled. Continue please.”

“As we can see here, the guards examined every room. Now, what is interesting about these photographs is that there appears to be only one bedroom. It was just a minor detail they noted during their search, but I think quite telling. Why would they only have one bedroom, if not to sleep together in it?”

“Your highness,” White Lightning said as she stood back up. “Allow me to… educate those that may not be aware of a few facts of life. You see, not all of us can afford to simply move into a lavish house that’s fully constructed and furnished. Those, like my clients, that are perhaps not — how should I put it? — as fortunate as the prosecution, have to make do with what they can afford. My clients are currently in the process of adding a second bedroom and have been for some time. However, building and furnishing a house is not cheap. As such they are forced to make do with one bedroom, not because they want to, but because they have to.”

“And your clients sleeping arrangements?” Swift Justice said with a frown.

“None of your business. However, even if they do share the same bedroom from time to time, I feel I must remind you that they’re sisters. Most likely they slept in the same bed growing up. Why would that change just because they are adults now?”

“And that’s not the least bit suspicious?” Swift asked.

“It’s circumstantial. I trust I don’t need to explain what that word means?”

Swift Justice looked visibly struck by that as White Lightning sat back down with a smug smile on her face.

“Anything else to add, Swift Justice?” Celestia replied, doing her best to keep her expression neutral. Inside she had a grin on her face to match her marefriend’s.

“I would like to hear what the accused have to say to this,” he growled.

Celestia looked at the sisters. “Your reply on this?”

Cloudchaser laughed out loud, much to Swift Justice’s confusion. “These pictures are really old. We were just starting the cloudshaping of our new home when the incident happened. We’d barely even finished shaping the bathroom. As far as our bedroom arrangements are concerned, since you seem so interested in that, most of the time Flitter used the bed while I slept on the couch. It might be true that we sometimes shared the bed, but that wasn’t much different than in our old home. I guess you simply don’t understand how good it is to have your sister in your embrace, Mr Justice. However, only a short time after my release out of the hospital, we completed the house and added the second bedroom.”

“That seems good enough for me,” Celestia said, cutting off any further conversation.

“Your highness?!” Swift Justice turned to her.

“You didn’t call them as a witness and one cannot be forced to testify against oneself. I’ve… entertained your line of questioning but now I’m putting an end to it. Do you have a problem with my ruling, Swift Justice?”

“N-no, your highness,” he replied weakly and slumped back onto his chair while Lightning did her best to stop herself from laughing like a filly. “Is there any further evidence you would like me to take into consideration, Swift Justice?”

He paused in his chair, almost like he was collecting his thoughts. “My last witness, Rainbow Dash, refused to show, your highness.”

“Do you have any witness to call, White Lightning?”

“Just one, your highness. The defence calls to the stand Rainbow Dash.”

If Swift Justice’s jaw was able to fall off, it would’ve at this moment, seeing as he watched the rainbow-maned mare flied into the courtroom. He glared at her with a look that could kill a pony at a thousand yards. If Rainbow noticed, she paid it no mind.

The cyan mare did a small flip in the air before landing right in the witness stand. “Sup?”

Lightning couldn’t help herself, she cocked a little smile of her own. “Rainbow Dash. You are the manager of the Cloudsdale weather team, no?”

“Was. I transferred to Ponyville a few weeks ago.”

“I heard that you spent quite a long time with the sisters, and even trained Flitter to cloudshape?” Lightning continued.

“That’s right. They’re very good friends of mine.”

“Flitter worked under you, correct?”

“Yep. She was always a hard worker. Occasionally I’d find her with her head in the clouds, but hey, we’re weather ponies — that’s almost part of the job description.”

Not even Celestia was able to hold back her giggles at that.

“So if I asked you to describe their relationship with each other, how would you describe it?”

“Two sisters that love each other and live in the same house together?” Rainbow shrugged.

“No further questions, your highness.”

Swift Justice stood up and walked towards the cyan mare. “Rainbow, I’m curious, why didn’t you accede to my witness request?”

“Objection: the witness is not on trial here!” Lightning said.

“Sustained. Swift Justice, keep your questions relevant to the trial.”

“Understood, your highness. Rainbow, you said that they love each other, how do they love each other, precisely?”

“Uhm, like sisters?” Rainbow replied.

“Not like, lovers?”

“Objection: leading the witness!”

“Sustained. Swift Justice, do not make me warn you again.”

“Dude, that’s sick. Is that what you fantasize about?” Rainbow asked him.

Swift Justice simply frowned. ”Miss Dash, did they do anything that could lead to more than sisterly love?”

“If you think that cuddling with each other is more, then sure. They are one soul, always there for each other. Heck, Flitter once burned her wing on a thundercloud and Cloudchaser freaked out, worried about her. But I never saw them doing anything more than simply care for each other like sisters should do. And on a side note, you should really leave your fantasies at home.”

“Permission to treat the witness as hostile?”

“Denied. Are there any further questions for Miss Dash?” Celestia asked, looking between White Lightning and Swift Justice.

“No, your highness,” White Lightning said.

“No, your highness,” Swift Justice said as he turned to retake his seat. Rainbow blew him a raspberry as soon as his back was turned.

“Miss Dash, you are dismissed,” Celestia said.

“Just Rainbow, princess,” Rainbow said with a smile as she leapt over the table and left.

“Do the defence or prosecution have any more evidence they wish this court to consider?”

“No, your highness.”

“No, your highness.”

“I’ll now hear closing remarks before considering my verdict. Swift Justice, we will start with you.”

Swift Justice took a quick drink of water, placed it back on the table, and stood up. “This trail is a sham.”

“What was that?” Celestia stood up now, facing Swift Justice directly.

“I said that this trail is a sham! All your decisions have favoured the defence!” Swift Justice raised his voice further with each word.

“Give me some more evidence or proceed with your closing remark, Swift Justice.” Celestia sternly replied.

“Firstly, you chose White Lightning, the mother of the defendants as their defender. Secondly, I wonder what they did in your chambers, just before the court started? I hereby question the validity of this trial and demand an investigation.”

The entire courtroom went into an uproar at that. Even those ponies that Cerulean Skies had packed the courtroom with couldn’t believe that Swift Justice would raise such accusations against the princess.

One of the three noble pegasus ponies sitting along the wall behind the Princess stood up, facing the room. “We do not concur with Swift Justice’s accusation. We can’t see any evidence that Princess Celestia favoured the defence, or their clients. Your baseless accusations are a blatant attempt to cover up for your failure during this trial. Swift Justice, give your closing remark and keep down otherwise!”

“This is nothing but a farce!” Swift barked. “You are all simply denying the obvious offensive facts!”

White Lightning stood up behind him. “The facts are that your client has a reason to have a grudge against mine; the facts are my clients acted to protect each other; the facts are that you just accused a Princess of Equestria, Princess Celestia of conducting a sham trial in front of an entire courtroom of ponies and the presiding nobility of Cloudsdale. As far as your accusations go, yes, they are my daughters, but who better to defend them then their mother? There’s no law against that, and I’m sure that you don’t believe that I, their mother, would defend them if I thought there was something wrong going on between them?” Her voice was bittersweet at the last sentence.

“This is absurd!”

“SWIFT JUSTICE!” The voice boomed throughout the courtroom as Celestia fell back to a voice she had not used in decades. When the echoing stopped, everypony was staring at her. “One more outburst like that and I’ll find you in contempt of court. Now, do you have any further closing remarks?”

He gulped, shook his head and sat back down.

“White Lightning, any further closing remarks?”

“No, your highness.”

“Very well, I shall consult the nobles of Cloudsdale, and we will reconvene in five minutes time. Swift Justice, I never want to see you in my courtroom again, is that clear?”

To his credit, he didn’t try to fight it. The stallion just nodded his head in agreement.

“Five minute recess,” Celestia said with finality before she stood up and went into the back room, followed by the small group of noble pegasus ponies.

“Five minutes? Is that good or bad?” Cloudchaser asked her mom.

“It means she’s already made up her mind and that she only needs to confer with the nobles. Based on how the prosecution acted, it’s pretty much in the bag.” White Lightning laughed. She had never imagined that Swift Justice of all ponies would lose his cool like that.

While she’d requested five minutes, Celestia had only needed one to discuss the case. Before anypony was ready for it, the royal guard announced her return. “All rise for Princess Celestia.”

She came back out and resumed her seat, along with the nobles that each reclaimed their own. “Please, be seated,” Celestia said with a smile.

“Despite some unpleasantries, I’ve reached a decision that is fair to the defendants, and in the best interest of all parties involved. Cloudchaser, Flitter, please stand.”

The sisters did so.

“It is the opinion of this court that you are both found innocent of all charges levied against you. The prosecution presented nothing but circumstantial evidence — hearsay at best. However, it is the nature of ponies that once you are labeled as such there is no way to remove that label. As such, upon the advice of the Cloudsdale nobles, in order to ensure the least disruption to the weather system there and the weather across Equestria, I have no choice but to banish you from Cloudsdale. At the expense of the city, your home will be relocated to a small village called Ponyville, where you will each be given a job equivalent to the one you have now.”

Cloudchaser looked at her mother. “There is no weather factory in Ponyville as far as I know…” she whispered.

“Maybe you can join me on the weather team?” Flitter asked. “Or we can take up foal sitting, I’ve always loved watching little foals run around.”

“Court dismissed.” Celestia spoke and everypony raised while Cloudchaser and Flitter smiled happily, along with their mother. Even Celestia couldn’t help but smile.

Sure, things were going to be different now, but it didn’t matter to either sister. They would be able to stay together, and that was all that really mattered. Even if they did have to move into a new town.

Author's Note:

Chapter five dooone.
Celestia is bucking with White, tztz.
Sorry, just couldn't hold myself :rainbowlaugh:
Before anypony of you whine that I destroyed Princest:
This story is before Twilight and Ponyville.
That means Luna isn't back from her banishment!
Anyways, hope you enjoyed it.:twilightsmile: