• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 3,990 Views, 123 Comments

A Displaced Mask Hunter - Runic_Soul



There's a saying that, 'No good deed ever goes unpaid'. However, in my case, said 'payment' has me running for my life or facing petrification. Oh, yeah, and there's these masks I have to grab, or who knows what will happen

  • ...
13
 123
 3,990

Interlude 1 - Delving into (In)Sanity

Alex let out a huff as he flew the forest. At this rate, Josh’s promise will take a lot longer to fill out on my end, he thought as he weaved in between the trees, his mind thinking over the massive fight that happened a little bit ago. To be honest with himself, he probably could’ve handled his true ‘first encounter’ a lot better, but Alex had been rather upset with ‘Rainbow Dash’ for her recklessness. Honestly, if she had just paid more attention-!

Alex’s thought process was cut short as a white sphere the size of a volleyball appeared in front of him, and he veered down to avoid it. “What on Aqua Magna?” Alex said as he sharply swooped upwards before deactivated the Kadin, landing on the ground which is only a few feet under him. As he looked up at the orb, the sphere pulsed before a voice began to speak.

“Hello!” A male’s voice said to Alex, “You have been selected to join the War of Shadows! My name is Time Spinner, and two fellow human/Displaced are having at it. Crush the orb, and one or more of my assistants will explain everything you ask.”

“Another Displaced?” Alex mused aloud, before smirking and said aloud, “Why not?” Momentarily letting his Mask activate, Alex leapt up with the Mask boosting him, and clapped his hands together into the sphere, popping the orb like a balloon.

As Alex landed on the ground, a flash of red light momentarily appeared behind him, and he heard something land behind him twice. “So, this is one of the people that Time Spinner wanted recruited?” He heard a voice ask, and he turned around, only to find two ponies standing behind him. One of them was a brown pony with freckles that were lighter than her brown fur, with a black mane that was braided, making her seem rather similar to ‘Applejack’, while the other was a cream-colored pegasus with a long red mane, while also wearing a hat that looked like it belonged to the Cat in the Hat.

“So, ye’re trying to join the war, huh?” The brown earth pony said, looking Alex up and down before commenting, “Well, you’ll certainly have your work cut out for ya. Other than yah being metal and all that, yah don’t look like yah could do as much damage as an apple seed.”

“Even an apple seed can grow a mighty tree that can topple walls,” Alex quipped with a hint of frustration, before also telling the brown pony, “But it can also produce the poison that can also fell an enemy.”

“Hey, both of you cut it out before I give you both an Ear Rape!” The cream pony shouted, making Alex start at the sheer volume.

“Y-yes, Fluttershout,” The brown pony says, and Alex looked at the pony in surprise. Was this ‘Ear Rape’ really that bad?

“Now, as I was going to say,” Fluttershout said, “I’m Fluttershout, Element of Rage of the Elements of Insanity, and this is Applepills, the Element of Obsession. And you are?”

“Alex Nima, member of the Original Order of Mata Nui,” Alex told them.

“Well, Alex,” Fluttershout said, “We’re here to invite you for the War of Shadows. This war is due to a Displaced by the name of Darth Folteren, who is attempting to invade the world of another Displaced called Lee Connors, who was Displaced as Venom. Rather than fight it out between themselves, however, they’re planning on inviting several Displaced to help them. Lee will be defending his world with the help of the Alliance of Heroes, while Darth Folteren will be attacking Lee’s Equestria with the much more powerful Empire of Nightmares.”

“Just because it’s more powerful doesn’t mean that it’s the right thing to choose…” Alex commented, but kept quiet as Fluttershout glared at him.

“However,” Fluttershout continued to say, “As we mentioned earlier, we would like to offer you the chance to be a deciding factor in this war, by joining one of the two sides. So, what do you say?”

“Well, considering that I’m a Toa, I obviously have to help Lee defend his world,” Alex said with a grin, “So, sign me up for the Alliance of Heroes!” While he outwardly showed the appearance of a simple man, internally, his mind was churning with how this could turn out. The fact that the opposing forces are being led by a Sith Lord alone meant that this would be an uphill battle. But with the other people helping the Sith, who were most likely all villains… He wasn’t sure if he could win any of the battles. I’ll have to find a lot more Kanohi if I want to even have a small chance of surviving this war, he thought as he shook Fluttershout’s hoof.

“Well, if ya’ve got any more questions, just use mah Token, and I’ll be there quicker than a tumbleweed in a dust devil,” Applepills said as she handed Alex what looked like a gold necklace with an ornament shaped like a classic red-and-white pill, with a red apple in the white half of the ‘pill’, and a white apple in the red half.

“No, I think I’m good,” Alex said as he gave Fluttershout a mild glare for the insinuation that he was incapable of handling himself, and the pegasus gave him a glare in return before disappearing in a flash of light with Applepills joining her shortly after. Alex stood in the silence of the forest for a minute before shaking his head. Focus, Alex!, he thought as he activated his Kanohi, and took off away from the town. If I’m going to be getting in this war, he thought as he continued his flight through the forest, Then, I’ll need a lot more variety in Kanohi, as soon as possible!

Comments ( 21 )

6105471

When did he get the Kadin? He has Nuparu's Mahri Volitak, Hahli's Inika mask, and some unnamed healing mask.

... *Casually posts the latest chapter*

The Avsa could be used in a Changeling Arc as that could be the scource of why they are emotivores. Chrysalis put it on and it corrupted her. The powers the Avsa has sounds exactly like the Changelings minus the Shape shifting. Might also include Matau's Mahiki, mask of Illusions.

Hmmm... That gives me a few ideas, but as you can see from when Dox put it on, that would require for Alex to take it off of her... If you'll excuse me! *Heads off to the plotting room*

Hewkii's Sanok, mask of accuracy might provide some hilarious scenario's if he fights Rainbow Dash, throwing rocks everywhere, still hitting her. That's gotta be the Ultimate troll mask.

*grins maniacally* Thank you for that idea!

Looked up the Difference between the Volitak and the Huna, Vakama's mask. The Huna makes the user Completely Invisible, where as the Volitak makes the user mostly invisible, while muting the user's sounds. Both leave a Shadow.

Really? Huh, I didn't realize that.

I'm Curious if putting on a Krana would turn Alex into a Bohrok or control him. Or would a Bohrok Kal's be needed. Also, Rahkshi.

No, Krana and Kraata don't transform him. They aren't actual masks, after all!

I'm also wondering if Alex can use creatures such as the Vahki as minions, as the Vahki were robotic enforcers, that only went evil because of Turga Dume (Teridax).

For Tank, Alex might use Axonn's Rode, or even Kraahkan (If he can wear it, though its just a mask, not Teridax himself. Might have to be a mask for emergencies.)

And what of Bara Magna? might we see Characters from there?

Due to the Nature of the Mahri and Gali's Mask, it opens the door for a story under the Ocean. Let's hope no Barraki.

...No comment.

Wait... If Alex gets the Olmak. Maybe he can go fight the Merchant, and Stop him. Never Underestimate the Power of Bionicle.

While that's possible, he's still got to get all of the other masks before he can try that. After all, he's

Oh and Please tell me Equestria isn't an Island. Cause that could explain why there were Bohrok in Equestria. DUN DUN DUUUNN!!!

6142224 I didn't say take it out completely, I said move it to the start of the next chapter, so 6 ends on an "OH, snap!" and the interlude details how much OH there is in that snap.

6141513 Bionicle Wiki is a wonderful thing.

6167334 True enough! Heck, without it, I'd probably forget 70% of the Kanohi names!

6167342 I pretty much went on a wiki Spree where I got alot of the Ideas. You pretty much got me back into Bionicle. Lets hope the reboot lives up to its legacy.

6167342 Also, are we gonna see story arcs within the bionicle world? Ect. Twilight + dimensional portal = Alex going on rescue mission. 'nuff said. And Maybe we can actually meet Characters from Bionicle. Lewa and Chute-speak/tree-speak.

Random thought. Bohrok are the Bionicle Droideka/Destroyer Droid.

Droideka vs Bohrok Epic showdown

6167349 Oho, trust me when I say...

...It probably won't. Case in point: The Kanohi are their element sources, rather than _being_ something that 'unlocks' their element, and the fact that Lewa is now the 'Master of Jungle' rather than being the Toa of Air.

I wonder if the mask of rahi control would work on the ponies.... And you have got to add the rahkshi at some point. The mass destruction... the chaos... IT'S TOO GOOD TO PASS UP! :pinkiecrazy:

6228151

Damn you! Why must you remind me of that horrid anime?! Why!!!!!!

Hey Runic! You ever gonna update this? It's been a couple of months!

6167385 Are you ever going to update your story?

6881975 Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to actually write out what's going to happen next chapter until recently, hence my unofficial hiatus in regards to any updates. Thankfully, I've been getting a lot of planning in, so I should have this updated soon! Now if only my colleague's online schedule would be as efficient...

6882825 Yay! because there are currently only a handful of good bionicle displaced. and yours and mine ore some of them.

Also, if you want to do a crossover with Arthur (A.k.a. Ignika) let me know and I will gladly do the crossover! XD

6883006 why aren't there more bionicle displaced stories? Almost anything from the world of bionicle in equestria would lead to interesting stories.

6883006

I've got a Bionicle Displaced with a bit of a twist... Care to check it out? I'll definitely check yours out, either way...

7824001

Define interesting... Would my tale fit it?

7922925 trust me your story is an interesting story.

Warning: Rant.

And by interesting I mean that bionicle crossing over with mlp offers so many possibilities for stories. First off Bionicle has some great villains and certain villains in both it and mlp are so similar. Makuta Teridax--nightmare moon
Roodaka and the Vizorak--chrysalis and the changelings
Irnakk--the tantibus
ETC
Second: both the Toa and the mane six are similar. Both groups in a way follow and uphold the three virtues. Both groups at first consisted of six members but overtime got new members.
Even bionicle characters who ARENT Toa could provide a lot of possibilities. Like imagine how fluttershy would react to creatures like the Rahi or Keetongu.

Interesting... Wait, war?

Question: Update?

hay do more chapters soon:heart::pinkiecrazy:

Continue Thais masterpiece this story one of i be honestly Sad If canceled

Login or register to comment