• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 3,995 Views, 155 Comments

The Alchemist - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



I don't know where I am. All I have is a backpack, a journal, a knife, and a lighter. How did I get here? Where is here?

  • ...
21
 155
 3,995

Chapter 28: Energy and Tin

Chapter 28: Energy and Tin

I heard laughter of what sounded like two children. I heard clattering on objects.

"I found the lighter Steven had."
"That's great! What should we burn?"
"Um. . .How about this?"
"That's perfect! Let's light it up!"

I heard more clatter. I then heard something crackling. Then I heard something else clatter and yelling.

"Watch out- "

I couldn't hear the name as I heard yelling then silence.

"What the . . ?"

~

I slowly woke up. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a hospital bed it looks. I heard groaning and turned to my right. There I saw Ditto also waking up. I sat straight up and stretched my arms. Quickly cracking my back I was fully awake. I heard the door open just as a blue glow came from my jacket. If it has to do with energy, I swear. . . I saw Celestia and the girls coming this way.

"Oh good, you're awake."

"That I am. What up Celestia?"

"Um. . .what?"

"Did you want to talk about anything?"

"I just wanted to thank you for the disaster yesterday."

"Yesterday? Damn, how long was I out?"

"Around twenty hours."

"Holy shit."

I took out my journal and flipped through the pages. The pages that were blank, which was half the journal, I assumed was to be 'unlocked' later. I found new writing under a label called 'Energy'. I face palmed.

"What is it."

"This stupid journal. It tells me what shit is only after there is something that is connected to what the shit is happens to me."

"Well . . . what does it say?"

"Talks a about 'Energy'."

"Oh, what's that? And how did you find out about it?"

"Chryssy used it on me and it fucking hurts like a bitch."

"Chryssy?"

"Faster to say than Chrysalis. Anyways lets see what this says."

I began to read. So apparently this 'Energy' is a form of power fueled by different things such as emotions and intentions. Those different things factor in deciding what the type of energy does. So Chryssy's form of Energy was Tainted Love Energy as she called it.

"What does it say?"

"So this Energy is a form of power. How it is used is based off of what fuels it and the person wielding the Energy."

"What's wrong? You keep saying Energy like there's something wrong."

"It's just that energy in and of itself is not a physical. However Energy that the journal describes is different, that and the Energy Chryssy threw at me, I felt that. It even scorched the floor."

"So?"

"So something physical has to be possessed by Energy. It sure as hell ain't liquid or solid. It would be a gas but the Energy was something else."

"So what, it's plasma?"

"Most likely."

The girls had sat down at some point as Twilight raised an unsure hoof. I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes, you in the front?"

"What's plasma?"

"You guys don't know what Plasma is?"

All of them shook their head 'no'.

"Really? It only makes up 99% of the universe."

"The universe?"

"Oh God I have so much to teach you. Anyways, plasma is the fourth state of matter."

"Matter? What's a matter?"

"I dunno, what's a matter with with you?"

I could have sworn I heard crickets. Two seconds later Pinkie burst out laughing while the other girls and Celestia looked lost. Ditto just gave me this face that spoke 'that was so bad'.

"That was terrible."

"Tough crowd. Anyways, you know what liquids, solids, and gases are right?"

They all nodded.

"Well that's what's called matter. And plasma is the fourth state of matter."

"The fourth state?"

"How do I explain it? Imagine an ice cube. It's a solid, what happens when you heat it up?"

"It melts, and turns to water."

"Right, now it's a liquid. What happens when you heat the liquid up and what do you get?"

"Steam."

"Otherwise known as gas. Does anyone know what happens when you heat up the gas?"

All of them shook their heads 'no' again as Twilight raised her hoof again.

"Yes?"

"It turns into plasma?"

"That's right. Plasma is what lightning is made out of. The sun, also plasma."

About another twenty three minutes of explaining and they finally understood how and what plasma is. They knew what matter was and how it worked they just didn't have a name for it. Just like they had the concept of what the universe was but hadn't come up with the name 'universe' yet. I had a feeling I would run into that a lot. It was during this time that a thought came to my mind. Why is tin foil valuable? The girls were leaving as I called Celestia over.

"Hey Celestia. Why is tin so valuable?"

"You don't know why?"

"If I did I wouldn't have asked."

"Well, tin when put into a magical potion being brewed it enhances the potion ten fold."

"Oh really? Damn, no wonder it's valuable. How did you find out about tin?"

"We have found small scraps of it all over Equestria. It's very rare and very valuable."

"That makes sense. So it increases any portion ten fold. I can see how that could be useful."

The door opened as I saw Shining and Cadence walk through.

"Why hello you two."

"Hello. My husband and I just wanted to thank you for saving us from Chrysalis's invasion."

"Yes, it would have been very difficult to take care of them ourselves."

"It's no problem."

I was getting a major headache. I suddenly felt a rush on information passing through my mind as I remembered lots of shit that had to do with Energy. I was breathing heavily.

"What's wrong?"

"You okay Mimic?"

"Yeah, no i'm fine. I just had a rush of memories return to me."

"Memories?"

"Ditto, did I ever tell you about energy?"

"No, you never mentioned it before."

"I didn't mention it, but I sure as hell knew about it. In fact, I think I discovered it."

"Well what did you remember?"

"I remember I learned at least one thing. Did I ever talk about magic with you before?"

"Very briefly from time to time, why?"

"Magic and Alchemy are like brother and sister."

"What?"

"They both descended from the same parent source. The parent source being Energy. You know the blue glow and line of particles you see when using alchemy?"

"Yeah?"

"That's what I had called Alchemic Energy. You know the colorful aura when magic is used?"

"Yeah?"

"Also Energy it is called Magical Energy. The Energy is. . . controlled, or harnessed in a way. The Energy Chryssy used was the raw form of Energy. Just plain Energy until you use it, like Chryssy's Tainted Love Energy."

Another twenty three minutes of talking about energy and then talking to Cadence, I swear her name Mi Amor Cadenza translates to something, and Shining and Ditto and I were ready to leave. It was still morning. Like eight thirty in the morning. I sighed. What a perfect morning for a perfect day. Then I heard something that made my blood go cold. I promise you you'll have better days Mimic.

Author's Note:

~Happy Pi Day!~

On a scale of 1 - 10 how well do you know Pi?

Comments ( 12 )

:rainbowderp: -0 other then a line from the center to the edge

On a scale of 1 - 10 how well do you know Pi?

That the concept of Pi actually being a continuous stream of numbers actually makes it impossible to do anything with it except the stuff you do in high school.

Anyone who tells you that 3.14 is not the end of Pi is snob.

And anyone who cares about this sort of thing needs a hobby.

RC
RC #3 · Mar 15th, 2016 · · ·

On a scale of 1 - 10 how well do you know Pi?

3.14159265
I have a friend who know around 95 digets of it, so in contrast to my 9/10
he has 95/10

On a scale of 1 - 10 how well do you know Pi?

I know that Clank from Ratchet and Clank knows what the final digit is.

mi amor cadenza translates to my love cadence i know becauseim mexican

7030656
You must be fun at parties, huh?

9102600
You wouldn't say that if you saw me dance...you would know the answer already. :pinkiehappy:

9102690
Glad you have a sense of humor, at least.
'Cause you're clearly joking.

9102782
definitelymaybeprobablynotno

What does this have to do with alchemy?! Nothing in this so far has anything to do with alchemy. Especially all the eldritch symbols and arcane garbage your adding. That is not alchemy that is sorcery! Literally in the first chapter he gains the ability to temporarily, which is even more stupid either give him the ability or not, control the basic elements. Then he claims magic doesn't exist, then what the actual buck is he using?! Because it is not alchemy!

Good story, would like to see it continued/finished at some point.

Login or register to comment