• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 3,996 Views, 155 Comments

The Alchemist - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



I don't know where I am. All I have is a backpack, a journal, a knife, and a lighter. How did I get here? Where is here?

  • ...
21
 155
 3,996

Chapter 2: The Not So Welcome Guest

Chapter 2: The Not So Welcome Guest

I opened the door and was shot by what sounded like a canon. I was thrown backwards as confetti fell from the air.

"Grab 'em!"

I did not like the sound of that so I jumped up and fled. I could hear voices and foot steps. I must have outran them because their footsteps were getting faint. I was then tackled by something blue. I began to struggle against my attacker. Cmon, you are stronger than this! Fuck off, voice in my head. I threw it off. I got a good look at my attacker. It was a blue pegasus. I whispered under my breath.

"What the fuck..?"

I saw other ponies coming for me. I saw one had a rope, and was swinging it around with its tail. How the fuck does that even work? The rope flew at me. Grab it! I just did as the voice said and grabbed it in my hand. I went over and used the rope to tie the blue pegasus. I don't know how, I don't know why but you exist. And I can't have you chasing me, whatever the fuck you are. I had made the orange pony with the rope fall on its face when I grabbed the rope. The others were behind. The orange one and the blue one where the fastest of the group, so it seemed.

I booked it and ran down random streets, taking random curves and turns. I ran into what looked like an ally. There was a bush there and I jumped into the bush. I had lost the other ponies. Great now what? Check your backpack. I didn't like the sound of the voice, but decided the backpack could save my life. I opened it and grabbed something. There was a journal with an outer circle, and inner circle, strange symbols in between both circles, a triangle inside the outer circle and just overlapping the inner one. Inside the triangle was a big golden 3. It was locked. This won't help me. I put it to the side and looked for other items. I had some chalk. There was a lighter. I found a knife. It looked like a butterfly knife. This will do.

I was putting my stuff away when I had placed my hand on the big 3. It gave off a light glow and unlocked. What..? I opened it and saw the first page. It had said 'property off' but the name was torn out. Under it it said 'Science of Alchemy'. I flipped to the next page and saw two things. On the left it said 'Alchemy: Elemental Control' and at the bottom it said 'Draw for emergency's'. On the right page it said 'Main Four'. There were four symbols, looking like the weird circle with symbols in between the outer and inner circle, just like the cover of the journal. Some thing about these symbols and circles made me feel something. It's like I have seen thousand like these but different, yet this is the first time I have even seen these.

"I think he went over here!"

Those creatures were not far off. Draw for emergency's? I had a small knife as my weapon. It could only get me so far. Fuck it, what do I have to lose? But what do I draw with? I remembered the chalk. I had several. I could hear a very faint voice.

"Twilight, are you sure it's dangerous?"

"Of course it is Fluttershy, it came from the Everfree forest."

"That doesn't make it dangerous."

"That thing looked exactly like the creature I had told you about."

"Oh... the one who destroyed everything?"

"Yes, that one."

What the fuck are they talking about? They heard a noise elsewhere and left. With that done, I took out a chalk and drew one of these four circles. Now what? I remembered that the book unlocked when I had placed my hand over it. I just looked at my hands. I placed both on the circle and the circle gave off a bright blue glow.

"I saw something over here!"

Fuck! Whatever I just did, I hope it was worth it! Nothing happened. The circle faded away. The fuck!? I just put my stuff in the backpack and put it on. I could faintly hear the footsteps of the creatures that were chasing me. I jumped out of the bush and ran for my life. I held my knife in my hand. I was running as I turned the corner I saw something bright purple projectile coming in my direction. I just covered my face and waited for impact. I felt something fly off just ahead of me. I could barely see something collide with the purple projectile and swirl into nothingness in the air.

The fuck was that!? I was about to run when something tackled me.

"Hold still ya varmint!"

I faced up and saw my attacker was the orange pony from before. I pushed it off when strong wind, coming FROM MY HANDS pushed it way back. I just looked at my hands. What the fuck!? I stared at my hands as something in my mind clicked. Was what stopped that purple projectile me? I saw a purple pony coming at me but then changed directions and ran toward the orange one. I just ran off.

I heard a type of blast come from behind me. I turned around as I saw another projectile coming toward me. Well now is the time to find out! I concentrated on my hand and thrust it forwards like I was shoving something. Sure enough a strong blast of wind came from my hand and stopped the purple projectile. I turned and began to run again. How did this happen? I was never able to do that before. I don't think so. Then it clicked. Was it that circle? That..what was it... alchemy? Elemental control it was called. What does that mean for me? I would have to do that later as I saw the blue thing come from around the corner and make a beeline for me.

I looked at my hands. Might as well experiment with this. I focused on my hands and controlling the air and imagined a gust of wind. With my hands I threw them from left to right, like I was throwing something aside. A blast of wind appeared and threw the flier off balance, hitting it against the wall. She seemed like she was knocked out cold.

"Rainbow!"

I turned and saw the purple pony coming for the blue one. I saw she had a rainbow mane. I was to focused on escaping to focus on the pony talking. I ran away from there. I ran until I turned and ran into another pony. I hadn't seen this one when the ponies chased me. She had like a light yellow color. I just stared at it, and it at me. We slightly fidgeted from side to side, unsure of what to do. After three second I ran and left it alone. As long as it doesn't tackle me, attack me, or try to trap me, I have nothing against it.

I was running as I tripped over this giant lizard. I just looked at it, and it at me. It had fear in its eyes, no doubt. Then I heard the same voice behind me.

"Spike!"

I felt something make impact with the back of my head sending me forwards and face planting to the ground. I am going to get a concussion, I swear. The voice sounded feminine. I was suddenly surrounded by a large purple sphere. I banged against it trying to break free.

"Spike go get the others. Tell them I caught the creature."

"A-Alright."

Oh great, the lizards talk here too. Wherever here is. I focused on air and tried to burst through. I made a crack in the sphere but it healed itself. I tried again and it healed itself.

"You can't break through this."

"Watch me."

She was startled by something and eyed me.

"You can talk!?"

"You are talking, and you are a fucking pony. I don't see what is surprising about this shit."

She just eyed me and shut up. I opened my backpack and reopened my journal. I looked at other circles to draw. I grabbed a chalk and began to draw one on the sphere. That caught the attention of the purple pony who trapped me in a sphere.

"What are you doing?"

I placed my hand on it as bright blue light glowed from the circle with symbols. I focused and aimed at the sphere. Nothing happened. I aimed again, nothing happened. Elemental control... Elements... The main four... Something came to my mind as I stared at the ground. I don't know how, I don't know why, but I knew what the circle with symbols stood for. I looked at the ground at focused on it. I had my hand at a downwards angle , trying to take control of the earth. Chunks of earth began to float and I threw them at the sphere.

"You can't get out with simple levitation magic."

Magic? This bitch is on drugs. Or is it me who is on drugs? I focused on making two pillars form sideways to emerge from the ground and crash into the sphere. I had all my force into my hands as they slightly trembled. I had both my arms down at an angle away from my body. When I thought it ready, I quickly moved them from bottom left and bottom right to top left and top right making my arms cross X manner. Two side ways pillars hit the sphere at extreme force and cracked the sphere.

"How..?"

I just ran for my life. Where can I escape to? The forest... Fuck its this guy again. I think I might be on drugs. Or insane. I was running and contemplating on where to go. When I realized that the voice in my head had a point. The only real place I could go to was the forest. I saw the bridge from when I crossed. I heard something from behind me. Another feminine voice.

"Hey!"

I turned around and saw a pink pony with a canon at the ready.

"Leaving without your party?"

That sounded extremely ominous when the pink one said it like that. She fucking fired that shit. On instinct I concentrated on the ground and raised my arms making a rock wall raise on front of me. The confetti flew and hit the wall making it go side to side and upwards. I ran towards the bridge as I saw. I was just about to cross it when something grabbed my leg and pulled me down. It was a rope. That orange pony was at me again. Before it could get close I quickly took off the rope and ran. She was right about to throw it again when I was halfway through the bridge. Right before the rope got to me I raised another wall halfway through the bridge just behind me.

"What in tarnation!?"

That was the last thing I heard before I entered the forest. I just kept running. I had no idea of where I left. I ran down a worn out path. It was the best way not to get lost in this forest. I followed it for about half an hour. I was tired. I walked until I heard running water. A river probably. I went off the path. I didn't want to get lost so I made a small pillar on the trail that led in the direction of the noise. I followed and saw a river.

"Well at least I have water. And fish if I am that lucky."

I reached the river and saw something else. A castle. It looked old and worn down. It had some missing bricks here and there but it was...

"Perfect. That will be my home for the foreseeable future."

Now I did not know how deep this water was, and I didn't want to find out. I went back to the trail and made the small pillar sink back into the ground. I came back to the river and wondered how to cross it.

Make a bridge with that alchemy of yours.

"I forgot about you."

I did help you escape.

"That you did. I am insane."

No you aren't

"I am talking to a voice in my head, of course I am insane."

I may be a voice in your head, but that doesn't mean i'm not real.

"Okay i'll play along. Then who are you?"

Just think of me as your personal little God of Chaos.

"That's not ominous at all."

Sarcasm aside, make the bridge.

"Yeah, whatever."

I focused on the ground and moved my hands like I was pushing something with all my force. Just as I did that, a rock road moved from my side of the river to the other side. It was just above the water so it didn't stop the flow of the river.

"I didn't actually think that would work."

You doubt me?

"Seeing as you are a voice in my head saying it's something real, yes I do doubt you."

And yet you listened to my advice when you were in trouble back there.

"Shut up."

I walked across the bridge I made. Once on the other side I moved the bridge back into the earth so no one could follow me. I walked up to the castle and opened the doors. It made a loud noise as I opened it. I went inside and closed the doors. I walked around. It was very dark. I opened my backpack and pulled out the lighter from earlier. With my lighter out I saw some torches hanging on the wall. I did not want to light the main room, for fear that someone would see the light. I only lit one in the main room so it wouldn't be so dark. I walked and found a stairway. It was a spiral stair heading upwards.

I walked up the stairs, lighting the torches along the wall since the area was enclosed. I came to the first stop. I entered. It was a room, looked like a library or an office. I entered and lit a torch on the wall. It wasn't that big a room.

"Well, I found a place to sleep if anything."

I went outside and continued to climb the stairs. I reached the top. There were four openings, and four pillars holding up the roof. I was on a tower from what I saw.

"And I have a search tower. I can see that demonic town from here. Wait."

I saw light coming from the town. It was hard to see but I think the town's residents had come outside. They must have gotten worried about my appearance.

"I did nothing to them and they attacked me."

All you need now is for them to look for you and hunt you down.

"Gee, thanks for jinxing it."

It's what i'm here for.

I just stared at the town for a few more seconds and went back to the room I saw earlier. There was a couch near the wall. I just went toward it, and lay down. I had to tuck in my legs so I could fit. I had put my backpack down near the desk but kept two chalk sticks and the butterfly knife. The chalk in my left pocket of my jeans, and my knife in the right. I was paranoid now that someone was going to enter and I would have to means of defense.

Tomorrow would be a new day. A new day in this hell of a place I now had to call home. Then again, could I really get home? And back to my life? I wish I knew.

Sleep well human.

"Good night voice in my head."

And with that, I fell asleep. Wishing with all my heart that what had just happened to me was just a dream, and I would wake up back home.

Author's Note:

Glvfrug
Lv wkdw brx