• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 3,995 Views, 155 Comments

The Alchemist - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



I don't know where I am. All I have is a backpack, a journal, a knife, and a lighter. How did I get here? Where is here?

  • ...
21
 155
 3,995

Chapter 25: Until I Die

Chapter 25: Until I Die

I was reading from my journal. It had stuff on the elements of harmony. It brought back some of my lost memories. I was reading this as I was trying to process swat I had just read. The diagram and instructions of its original purpose. Its was incomplete, but completely amazing. Theoretically with this one could-

"Hey Mimic."

"Huh? Oh hey Ditto."

"You just can't stop reading from your journal."

I closed it.

"Just seeing if I can remember anything from this."

"Well with luck you just might."

"Yeah, just might."

We just talked for a little. We were talking on improving our fighting skills when I had a brilliant idea. I told Ditto about my idea and we agreed to it.

"Wouldn't the ponies be worried if we do that?"

"Hmm. Good point. Let's just tell Pinkie to tell everyone else not to worry."

"Well, okay then. Once a week?"

"Once a week."

. . .

"So now what?"

"Want to go get some cake?"

"Sure why not."

I took my skateboard as we began to walk to sugar cube corner. Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen? I just shrugged off my uneasiness. It was probably nothing anyway. Probably. We got to Ponyville as everyone we passed said hello to us. We entered sugar cube corner as Pinkie greeted us and told us to sit down and wait for a cake.

"Here's your cake!"

"Thanks Pinkie."

"You're welcome!"

We ate the cake as I kept feeling something was wrong. Why do I keep feeling something's not right? I tried to ignore it as I ate the delicious cake.

"Been a while since I have eaten cake."

"Same here."

"Mind if we join you?"

I turned around to see Fluttershy and Rarity.

"Sure why not."

They sat in front of us as we just ate cake.

"Have either of you seen Twilight on your way here?"

"No, why?"

"She went to Zecora's and should have been here by now."

"She probably just got delayed. Right Mimic?"

I stopped to think on what they said. She left. She's in the forest. Twilight had told me about Zecora. But something didn't gel right. What was it?

"Mimic?"

"How long has she been out?"

"About an hour dear. But why do you ask?"

Bad feeling...gone for an hour...forest... Something was definitely wrong. I got up and began to run into the forest. I could hear the rest running behind me. I think I heard Pinkie’s voice as well. I didn't have time to explain. I looked back briefly and saw them chasing. I looked in front of me and saw Aj with tons of apples. I jumped her as she had a questionable look.

"What’s the rush?"

"No time to explain-"

There was a bright purple ball that shot up from to the sky that came from the forest.

"...That's Twilight's distress signal..."

Oh why did my feeling have to be right? I continued to run as I entered the forest and ran in the direction the signal came from. Now Aj was chasing me as well. I ran until I heard Twilight screams. I burst through the branches and tall bushes as I saw Twilight. She was against a tree as this thing that had the body of a lion, a scorpion tail, and some wings was about to strike her with its tail. I ran over to her and pushed her out of the way when the scorpion tail struck my shoulder. Why do these ponies always get in trouble? The creature removed its tail from my shoulder. The others caught up to me by this point. They went to help Twilight while Ditto came to help me.

"What the hell is this thing?"

"It’s a manticore."

"How do you know its name?"

"Tell you later, right now lets just get rid of-"

Ditto was attacked from behind. I saw the wolves. Again!? Why can't these wolves ever leave me alone? My body glowed blue as I shot air blowing the wolves away. While I was distracted getting the wolf off of Ditto the manticore's tail struck me again. Fuck that hurts. I blew both the manticore and the wolves away. I got Ditto to his feet.

"Take care of the wolves. I have the manticore."

"Sure."

He went behind me to face off the wolves while I faced the manticore. I activated fire as I readied to fight this thing. I was running at it when it began to fly off. I shot both its wings as it came down. Can't run away now bitch. I activated shadow when I was struck from behind. I felt something huge flatten me like a pancake. I then felt it get off me. I quickly got back up on my feet as I saw another manticore behind me. The thing that squished me.

"God fucking damn it."

I summoned my shadow warriors as I began to fight these things off. I turned to see Ditto. He was doing good but the wolves were completely surrounding him. He was able to fight them off with luck. I continued to attack the manticore when I realized something. Where's the second one? I looked around and saw it going after the girls. I had my shadow warriors fight off the manticore I was dealing with as I headed for the one about to attack the girls. I got in front of them. The manticore tried to stab me with its tail as I grabbed it with my hands.

You made the wrong choice coming after us. I grabbed its tail with both my hand and dragged it. With the strength I could muster I threw it against multiple trees. With one manticore out, the other injured from my shadow warriors they both began to encircled us. I heard screaming from behind. The wolves were proving to be too much. I saw one get close and bite Fluttershy. I quickly ran over to them as I fended the off.

"We have to take them to a hospital now!"

"Wait up!"

He grabbed my arm. The girls then grabbed him and the next thing I knew was my body began to glow blue and we were in the hospital. I felt nauseous. Everyone inside were staring at us. Nurses ran toward us and took them to medical rooms. I couldn't hear anything. Ditto and I just followed them. Once inside the room they took Twilight and Fluttershy in I could hear again. They both were in critical condition. Nurses were running to and from. Can I heal them? I don't know what's wrong with them though.

"Ditto."

"Huh?"

"Should I try to heal them?"

"I thought you said you needed to know what needed to be healed in order to heal them."

"Exactly but they are both in critical condition. And the other girls are bleeding."

"There are risks in doing this."

"I know there are, but should I try and heal them?"

"Better than doing nothing. I say go for it."

"Okay then. Girls get next to Fluttershy and Twilight."

"What? Why?"

"Just do it."

They all got near each other. Ditto made the nurses get back as they all stared at me. Blue particles began to float around me. They made a circle around us as their wounds slowly disappeared.

"Hey it wo-"

I felt extreme pain all of a sudden. I felt cold. I fell to the floor and began to shiver. I could tell there was huge amounts of blood on the floor. My blood. So cold. Everyone was running around me. The girls seemed worried. So cold. I was shivering pretty hard. Cold. I felt something on top of me. So very cold. And that was the last thing I remember as everything went dark.

~Ditto PoV~

Mimic was on the floor curled up into a ball shivering. The girls were in panic. Nurses were running around trying to help him. There was so much blood on the floor.

"Is he okay?"

"What do we do?"

"Omygoshomygoshomygosh-"

"Wait he saying something!"

They leaned in closer as he whispered something.

"He said so cold."

"Quickly get him a blanket!"

The nurses got him onto a bed. I was busy trying to help bandage his wounds that appeared randomly. After half an hour of bandaging his wounds he was on the bed out cold. We all saw it best to leave and come again the next day.

~Days Later~
~Mimics PoV~

I slowly woke up as the light blinded me. I sat up. I was in pain but at least the bleeding stopped. I saw my bandages. There was something that confused me. Why is there no blood on my bandages? Did they change them? If so how long was I out?

"Hey your awake."

"Huh? Oh hey Ditto."

"You should take it easy. You were pretty injured."

"How long was I out?"

"About five days."

"Five days? Well then."

"How are the girls?"

"They're fine. Their wounds were healed thanks to you."

"Yeah. But there is something I want to test out."

I began to think back when I noticed where my wounds were located. Where the girls had wounds, I now had. Did I absorb the wounds?

"Test what?"

"Tell you later."

We just began to talk for a while. We were laughing as the door opened and I saw the girls. I smiled.

"Hey girls. How-"

I was bear manticore hugged by these girls. They were yelling thing in my ear. Ditto thankfully got them off of me as I was trying to breathe once again.

"Please don't hug me like that again if i'm severely injured."

"Sorry."

"It's okay. Just don't do it again."

We began to talk for a while. Basically what’s happened since the last few days, how they were worried, shit like that. We were just having a nice conversation as Twilight asked me something.

"Hey Mimic?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for saving us a few days back from both manticores and the timberwolves."

"No problem."

"Can I ask why you did?"

"Why? I wasn't just going to let you girls get hurt. If I know you're in trouble I will help out."

I smiled.

"I'll be protecting you until the day I die."

"Probably will die from that if something extremely dangerous attacks us."

"Yeah probably."

We just talked a little more as time passed. The next day I was allowed to leave. I just went hunting with Ditto, ate some more meat, and went to sleep. Why can't my life be simple?

Author's Note:

Four Basic Elements

Water

Earth

Fire

Air