• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 3,995 Views, 155 Comments

The Alchemist - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



I don't know where I am. All I have is a backpack, a journal, a knife, and a lighter. How did I get here? Where is here?

  • ...
21
 155
 3,995

Chapter 15: I Hate Wolfs

Chapter 15: I Hate Wolfs

Origami swans where flying all around me. I had found a way to animate objects through that journal of mine. It was a nice thing to see. Paper birds really flying around. Just as I was about to animate another origami swan, I saw a flash of light to my side. I saw Twilight. She was about to say something but she stopped as she saw all the paper swans flying around.

"What's all this?"

"Nothing. I'm just experimenting. So what is it you came by to say?"

"The girls and I are going to a nearby lake to swim. We where wondering if you would like to join us."

"Sure, I could use a time to relax with friends."

"So we are your friends."

"I dunno, maybe. I didn't know how to put it another way so I was using 'friends' loosely. I mean, you did try to kill me."

"We said sorry already!"

"Yes and I quote, unquote, accepted that apology."

I stopped animating the paper swans and they all fell. Twilight just stared at them. Once she was done staring we left. I couldn't be teleported with her and she couldn't fly with me, so we had to walk. We walked to the place where I saw the girls, spike, and two others I didn't know. A white pony with with a purple mane and a red pony with a orange-ish mane. Twilight got in. I took my finger-less gloves, jacket and shirt off and hung it on a nearby branch. I left my chalk, journal and my knife with my shirt. I got in the lake. I was doing a back stroke slowly as I heard Twilight calling me over. She was with the two that I didn't know. I just swam over.

"Yeah, whats up?"

"I was going to introduce you to them. I know you haven't met these two. This is another one of my friends. This is Rarity."

"Pleasure."

She shook my hand.

"And this is Big Macintosh, Apple Jack's older brother."

He didn't say shit. He just shook my hand. We talked a little then they left. I just leaned near the edge of the lake. We where swimming for, I don't know how long. Once we finished swimming we got out. My clothes where wet. How am I going to dry of my cloths? Twilight saw my dilemma. She couldn't exactly help since I was magic proof and all. She tried, my clothes where still wet. I got an idea. I got the chalk over by my shirt. I drew the symbol for water. I took the water out from my clothes making it immediately dry. I threw the water back into the lake. Twilight had this look like she was trying to process what I just did. I just put my shirt back on and out the chalk and knife back into my pocket. We all started to walk somewhere. I was a little behind them. The next thing I knew was that my entire view was upside down. Everyone I was with looked back shocked.

"Yay! We caught the monster!"

"What are you three doing here?"

"Apple Jack! W-What are you doing here?"

I start seeing these going back and forth. One with Apple Jack. One with Rarity. And one with Rainbow. I was just watching. Eventually all three just looked down with their ears folded down like Blossom had done. Then they came to me and spoke in unison.

"Sorry."

Then they walked back. Twilight came over to me.

"Sorry about that. I'll get you down."

"Nah, it's okay. I got it."

I took out my knife and threw branch holding the rope which was holding me. I cut the rope and began to fall. I landed on my feet. The three little ponies where watching at me amazed. For what reason, hell if I know, but that's how they where. I then kicked the tree. The knife fell down. I grabbed it before it hit the ground and put it back in my pocket. I didn't even know if that would work. Thank God it did, because then I would look stupid, randomly kicking a tree.

"Alright. Now who are these three ponies?"

"This is Apple Bloom, Aj's little sister. Sweetie Belle, Rarity's little sister. And Scootaloo, very close with Rainbow."

I noticed that Twi didn't say Rainbows sister. She had said 'very close with Rainbow'. I was going to ask more later, for I felt it inappropriate when both people are right here. We just walked. Those three just kept staring at me. I had this creeping feeling. Like something was...just wrong. The girls where talking. Then I heard something snap.

"Shut up."

"What? What's wrong-"

"I said shut up!"

They where silent. They where just staring. I heard a rustling of leaves. I heard a twig snap to my left.

"Something is out here."

"What is it?"

"Not sure. But it's getting closer. We better-"

I felt something behind me. On instinct, I turned around and saw that wolf. You can't fucking leave me alone?! I grabbed its head and flung it back the way it came from. I could hear about four other not far off. I looked back at them.

"You might want to leave now."

"We're not leaving you."

"Shes right."

"Girls. Thank's for trying to help but you have to go."

I activated the symbol for earth. I looked at them.

"Brace for impact."

I made the ground underneath them disappear. They all fell. The underground tunnels I had where not that far. So I extended the hole and made a tunnel going in the direction of ponyville. Well they're safe. I heard a growl behind me. But i'm not. I had to start fighting for my life. I activated fire quickly. I started shooting fire balls everywhere. These wolfs do not burn. My journal fell out. I had to get it but the wolfs where not giving me the chance to get it. My journal opened itself. It started to flip through pages. It turned to a blank page.

I was still defending myself as I saw my journal do this. On the blank page it began to glow blue. A alchemy circle suddenly appeared on the page. I was getting hurt. Now I didn't know what it was or did but I tried it anyway. I drew the circle and activated. For a moment, all I saw was red. Then my vision cleared.

"What the fuck was that?"

I saw that the wolfs where keeping their distance from me. What? I looked at my body to see it was on fire. It startled me for a moment. I was about to freak out. But I noticed I wasn't feeling any heat. I was just looking at this. I looked at the wolfs. They where about to attack. I exploded. Not intentionally. Just instinct. My flames erupted making a giant explosion. And my body being the epicenter. With the wolfs out, my body returned to normal. I smiled at what just happened.

"Oh. Am I going to have fun with whatever I just did."

I picked my journal which was somehow unharmed. I put it away. Now I had to walk. I was walking for a while. I walked to ponyville. I was on a road until I found the bridge. Literally the moment I crossed the bridge I was tackled. I was tackled by Fluttershy who was asking if that explosion had hurt me. Once I got her off me, I had everyone else just looking at me.

"What?"

"That blast came from where you where."

"...Blast?"

"The giant mushroom explosion!"

"Fuck, was it that big?"

"It was huge!"

"Poor timber wolfs."

"Those wolfs are still alive."

"They are? Even after that?"

"Their body parts come back. And those fuckers do not burn."

"...That..."

"...Was..."

I looked at the three little ponies who had got me in that trap. They where wide eyed and each was talking in a low voice. Did I scare them? I could heard Discord laughing when I thought that. Why he was laughing, I had no clue. I was about to ask the girls if I scared the three little ponies when they all yelled in unison.

"AWESOME!"

I flinched when the yelled. There goes my hearing. I looked back at the girls who all flinched when the little ponies yelled. I looked back down at the three little ponies when they each asked a question that overlapped each other.

"Why didn't the explosion hurt you?"

"What was that explosion?"

"Can you show us?"

"Hey, hey, hey. One at a time."

They each raised their hoof. ...Okay? I pointed to Sweetie Belle.

"You."

"What was that explosion?"

"My power."

Didn't answer much, but it was an answer. I then pointed to the Scootaloo. Strange names these ponies have.

"Why didn't the explosion hurt you?"

"Because I can't be hurt by my own power."

Lastly I pointed to Apple Bloom. Apple Jack and Apple Bloom. Is all the family apple?

"Can you show us how to do that?"

"Sure."

"Really!?"

"No."

"Aw, why not?"

"Do I even have to answer that question?"

I sighed from being slightly tired. They sighed from disappointment. I walked off to the distance and sat under a tree. The others sorted what they had out. Then the three ponies walked away with some of the others. With that over I was going to walk away when Fluttershy called me over.

"Hey what's up?"

"Can you come with me?"

"Sure."

We began to walk toward her house.

"Twilight told me about the vampony."

"Batpony."

"Oh, right. Batpony. What was she like?"

"...What do you mean?"

"Well, no pony has ever really got to meet a vam... I mean batpony."

"Well, what can I say about her? She seemed like you normal ponies. The only thing that seemed different was her color of coat and her fangs. Aside from that she seemed normal. Well, relatively normal."

We talked some more. Since her house wasn't exactly that far, our conversation wasn't long. With that over we said bye. I was walking away when I forgot to ask her if I should bring back what I didn't use in the aid kit she gave me. I was going back when I saw her on a chair in the backyard. She had a cello. You play the cello? I was watching. She played softly but didn't really try. I walked to her and just stood behind her.

"You play the cello?"

She jumped.

"Mimic! W-What are you doing here?"

"I was going to ask you if you wanted that aid kit, but right now i'm curious about you playing cello."

She looked around. I looked where she looked.

"What are we looking for?"

"It's just that no pony knows I play cello."

"Why?"

"Because i'm bad at it."

"Then practice."

"How did you do it? You played the cello swiftly and you didn't seem to mess up."

"Well, I didn't know how I was doing it. I just did what felt right. How about you do that? Just do what feels right."

"I don't know. Can you do it with me?"

"Sure. I'll have to go back to the castle to get the cello."

"No it's okay, I have a one here."

"Alright."

She left to get the other cello. I just laid down. I waited for Fluttershy when I was thinking what I was going to do. The first time I played the cello it was an accident. I saw Fluttershy come back with a cello. I sat on a chair she brought over for me.

"So now what?"

"I dunno. Do what feels right?"

We where just testing the sound. Then I got an idea. Would that even work? I had to try either way.

"Fluttershy."

"Yes?"

"Try to follow my lead okay?"

"Okay."

"And don't hesitate to play. Just play from the heart."

She seemed to like the idea of playing from the heart. I was wondering where I got playing from the heart. I had better things to do now. I began to play. No idea what I was doing. It was like last time. I was just playing without knowing what I was playing.

We where playing for a while. I could see from the corner of my eye that other ponies stopped to look. Fluttershy didn't notice though. I smiled. Fluttershy was playing beautifully. She was playing without hesitation like I told her to.

We played as more and more ponies came to see what the commotion was all about. At this point we had a crowd. They where all just staring. Listening. We where just about done with the song. When we finished with the song I told Fluttershy to get ready.

"Get ready for what Mimic?"

Just then, the whole crowd stomped on the ground. Which I assumed was the equivalent of clapping. I could see why they couldn't exactly clap two hoofs together. They would fall forward. Anyways, She was about to fly away when I grabbed her. While everyone was doing their style of clapping, I bowed making Fluttershy bow as well. They all came to say how great we played. When they all said how much they enjoyed it they left. Then the girls came by saying how great it was. Saying that they didn't know Fluttershy played the cello.

"You where great Fluttershy!"

"I didn't even know you played the cello."

"Uh..Mimic?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

"Um...in private?"

"Okay?"

The girls stayed inside while Fluttershy and I walked in her house. We went upstairs for some reason. Fluttershy just came in front of me.

"Why did you do that?"

"What?"

"Why did you make me stay? I told you no one knew I played the cello. And what if they thought I was bad?"

She continued worrying for a while. I could see her eyes where getting watery. I sighed. I fell on my knees and hugged her, which caught her by surprise.

"Fluttershy. They loved your music. Didn't you see how they cheered you on?"

"I-I know but-"

"No buts. They loved it. Your friends loved it. You shouldn't let your fears stop you from what you want to do. The only one stopping you from achieving something is you."

Still no idea where I got that from. She softly cried on my shoulder. I just sighed and stayed to comfort her. After a few minutes she stopped crying. She looked at me and smiled.

"...Thank you. I needed that."

"No problem. We should get back to the girls. They're probably wondering whats taking us so long."

"Yeah."

We left. The girls could tell she had cried. When they asked she just said she had some stuff to think about and that I helped her. They all looked at me. They each thanked me. I told them it was nothing. I drew the symbol for fire on the ground. I placed my hand and activated fire. I looked back. I smiled, waved by, and flew off. Such an interesting day.

Author's Note:

May the fourth be with you