• Published 31st Dec 2014
  • 673 Views, 30 Comments

Changes - Talon and Thorn



Lyra's moving away to University and Bon Bon knows what that means, the two of them should split up, long distance relationships just don't work. Lyra disagrees, can she convince her marefriend that things will work out?

  • ...
1
 30
 673

Two Hearts (Bon Bon's POV)

Two hearts

As she staggered out of the noisy bar Bon Bon couldn’t help but once again think that today had all been a dream. She’d got the loan, not quite the sum she’d wanted, but enough for the building, most of the refitting, and setting up costs. There was some more exotic equipment she’d hoped to purchase that she’s have to get later now, but certainly enough for her immediate needs.

After leaving the bank she’d galloped home as fast as her hooves would carry her and announce the good news to her family. Her father had vaulted the counter when she’d told him, it gave the mare he was serving at the time quite a surprise. Her mother had even stopped in the middle of an experiment, and the two of them had insisted they take her out to dinner to celebrate and then after, on to a bar.

Somehow word of her good fortune had spread around town and the place was packed with well-wishers. Her friends, and just passing ponies, all congratulated her and promised to purchase her goods just as soon as she opened, which would still be the better part of a year away, but the intention was nice.

She took a deep breath and shivered a bit, autumn was well on its way now. There was only one thing that was missing, one thing that would always be missing now, Lyra. On any other day in the past the mint unicorn would have been there with her, would have been the first pony she would have told, would be her first customer, but now she was away in Canterlot, and would not be back for quite a while yet.

Bon Bon sighed, watching her breath fog in front of her and started to trot home. Her parents had left a few hours ago, and the rest of her friends had been slowly drifting away in ones or twos, leaving her to walk alone. She and Lyra would normally be one of those twos, she thought morosely. Then shook herself, no she couldn’t be like this. Well maybe for today, but she had to get over it, move on, Lyra had told her she did want to stay together, that just being apart would not break them up, and she had to believe that.

She looked up at the house in front of her and searched for her key. Once the new shop was finished she’d move there, another change. She supposed it was all part of growing up, she grinned, that wasn’t something nopony could accuse Lyra of doing. Looking up again as she opened the door she saw the moon in the sky silhouetting distant Canterlot. That same moon must be shining down on Lyra, whatever she was doing right now.

She quietly trotted up the stairs and into her room before slumping onto the bed. She sniffed, there was still a trace of her lover's scent from yesterday, another day or two and even that would be gone. She glanced over at the picture by her bed, her and Lyra at the running of the leaves last year, she reached up and gently touched the image of the unicorn. “Goodnight, Sweetie,” she whispered before rolling over and closing her eyes.

After a few minutes twisting and turning it looked like sleep wasn’t going to be forthcoming. Sighing Bon Bon rolled from the bed, maybe she should start in the kitchen again... no, this time there was something else she needed to do to settle her mind. She searched through the well organised contents of her bed side cabinet for a moment and brought out a pencil and paper. She paused for a moment before starting to write.

Dear Lyra
I miss you so much...

Author's Note:

Comments as always are welcome

Comments ( 6 )

Aww, both writing a letter at the same time...:heart:

Good friggin' lord this is too cute. I hope this gets full-canon status, because it more than deserves it.

5492858

Yep, that was one of my cameo's, the others are Nocturne (Scootaloo's mum) as one of the guards and Kibitz and Confidant from Mountain.


5498203

Yeah I see Honey as having difficulty communicating with most other ponies outside of her very specific field even her daughter despite her inheriting her obsessiveness just about something else.

5507090

Really? She did pick them up very quickly then as she went full Lulamoon on her first night there and apparently had before. Plus she was plastered for her first trip to Oaton. I think Ponyville might have driven her to drink but that she was always rather prone to the booze before.

5575324

Well although she knows her mother she isn't in regular contact with her where as her fathers have raised her so yes she's not close to her. Thinking of her as a distant relation is probably to closest thing to their relationship.

5508430

Also, she was so drunk the 1st time she was in Oaton tnat she does not remember it and she has no idea how she melted the IcePalace because she was drunk at the time.

Login or register to comment