• Published 2nd May 2015
  • 2,145 Views, 89 Comments

Endstone and Harmony - PrincessOfTheEnd



Faeron can feel something wrong. Something about the magic in the air, and how her limbs don't quite feel right. It's only when she sits up and sees herself, though, that she knows how wrong this situation is.

  • ...
3
 89
 2,145

Chapter Six

Faeron looked between the four others in the room then let out a hissing sigh, glaring at the floor so she wouldn't need to look at anyone. "No, not really..." Faeron's ears flattened further as she pushed away images of a grinning scaly snout and black fire and ash. She stepped away as she noticed Pinkie leaning over to wrap a foreleg around her, and noticed Spike looking at her. He was frowning a little, and the little green fins that probably hid his ears were drooping. Faeron quickly looked away.

"Did I do something? I'm sorry," she heard Spike say. She had to bite back a rather nasty reply. He wasn't her.

"It's like the opposite of when Fluttershy met you. Sudden enthusiasm verses shaking from... Fear?"

"Maybe she is like Fluttershy? Remember Dragon Mountain?" A raspy voice said. The same person as earlier- Rainbow, wasn't it? Faeron looked up again in time to see Twilight perk up and nod.

"Yes, I do! Faeron," Twilight turned to look Faeron in the eyes. "Are you afraid of dragons?"

Faeron blanked, blinking. "I don't... I don't know. I know I was scared of a dragon, but she is dead." Faeron looked down and glared at the floor again, taking deep breaths. She was uncomfortably aware of everyone staring at her, and pushed down the urge to lash out at the nearest person. 'Those damned crystals...'

"Would you like to talk about it?" Twilight asked. Faeron shook her head, then had a thought, and looked at Rainbow.

"Waypoints, or at least the kind I use, are magical anchors which can be sensed by the person who made them. I use them as anchor points for long-distance teleports; it's less likely for me to teleport into a wall if I use them then." Faeron said. Rainbow reared back a little in surprise.

"Huh?"

"You asked earlier about waypoints, and I said I'd answer when I got my bag, so..." Faeron noticed that the waypoint she'd placed down in the library was still visible, so she deactivated that part. The glowing tree symbol vanished. Twilight perked up.

"Could you show me how to make one of those? I don't teleport often, but having a semi-permanent anchor point to jump to would come in handy!" Twilight said. Faeron blinked.

"Uh, sure? It took me a while to learn but it's actually pretty simple, so..."

Twilight squeaked happily, the former conversation apparently forgotten, and clapped her front hooves together. "New magic!" Spike grinned a little at that, and Pinkie walked over to a random bookshelf. Rainbow sighed.

"Egghead stuff, right. Can I go check something?" Rainbow asked, looking at Twilight, who nodded. "Right, I'll see you in a bit." Rainbow waved and made for the door. Faeron watched her leave before turning back to Twilight, who smiled at her.

"I'd like to properly introduce myself. My name is Twilight Sparkle, it's nice to meet you," Twilight held out a hoof. Faeron shook it uncertainly, focusing a little bit of magic through her ring to prevent falling over.

"Likewise, miss Sparkle."

"Just call me Twilight. Now, is there anything I should know that would be useful for this?" Twilight asked. Faeron nodded, mimicking Twilight and sitting on the floor.

"You need to be able to connect to the Ether without teleporting," Faeron said. As a demonstration, she shifted part of her consciousness into the Ether, and her vision quavered with her form. She quickly withdrew, as the sensation was disorienting.

Twilight stared for a moment, then lifted a hoof to her mouth, looking thoughtful. "I've never done that before, how would..." She trailed off, eyes widening for a split second before she closed her eyes and lit her horn.

A moment passed and there was a faint crackling sound, and Twilight opened her eyes. They looked distant and unfocused.

"Did it work? Wow, that's weird, it's like i'm seeing two things at once," Twilight said, her eyes darting around. Faeron grinned. From what she'd read, it wasn't often that someone managed that on their first try.

"That's perfect. Now, to make a waypoint, the simplest way is to weave a bit of magic between the ether and the material plane, then tune it so it gives off a distinguishable signal." Faeron nudged Twilight's aura with a thread of tuned magic as an example—sweet Terra her magic pool is immense—and she felt Twilight's magic latch on to hers for a moment before pulling away.

"I think I get it. So if I do—" Twilight cut herself off mid-sentence and screwed up her face, her horn glowing brighter, and then there was a flash. Then, floating at the tip of Twilight's horn, was a translucent pink book. It was very detailed; there were tiny dents in the pages where the sheets would be, and there was an indent on the cover in the shape of a starburst, like her markings.

Twilight opened her eyes, then looked up in surprise. "Did I do that?"

Author's Note:

I actually have another illustration that I made ahead of time that I intended for this chapter but I didn't get far enough into the story to use it... Whoops =V
If you think there's an issue with my writing, please point it out, I'd appreciate it!

Comments ( 15 )

Yay, another chapter. Love this story.

7751724 It would have been out sooner but I took a bit longer than I should have while scanning for errors :twilightsheepish:

7751755 I hope you enjoy it :pinkiehappy:

7751724

ditto

also the picture at the end is cute

I like it. Wish the chapters were long, but whatevs.

Like, fave.

7751769
If it takes that long to scan for errors then you should let us help like post an unedited chapter or just posting the chapter and let us point out little mistakes so you can have time to do other things what ever you do in your free time or whatever. Best wishes.

That talks about the dragon... The only one who could kill her is Steve. What are Endermen' relations with Steve?

7751778 And the worst part is, the tumblr blog has about five posts. And it's rather out of date, so I might need to edit... it a lot.
I will write down a guide to the world Faeron is from, at some point. I've been meaning to for ages but I keep finding excuses not to.
I can explain the rings now, though, since it's from a minecraft mod and not my headcanon alone. She has two: The ring of Arcana, from the Equivalent Exchange mod, and the Void Ring, from same. The ring of Arcana has four modes: green speeds up the growing of plants, red can shoot fireballs, yellow can summon lightning, and blue can shoot snowballs. The wearer also has fire resistance, and can fly while it's equipped.
And the void ring lets you teleport.
I'm very sorry my chapters aren't longer, I'm not... A particularly good writer.

7751780 thank you! I took time off of working on a comission to do it ^.^


7752345 Thaumcraft, Equivalent Exchange, a few bits and pieces of other mods, and lots of original stuff. Faeron's world started out as a fanfiction for The Blackrock Chronicles, so it's heavily influenced by that.

7752379 ahhhh, well.... Steve, in this AU, is just the first Spawn. He's not particularly special other than being extremely, extremely old, and rather famous for being a good builder and a generally nice person. Ender relations with Steve were okay 10 years ago, since he was one of few people who actually knew where a portal was, but after the incident that ended up with the Enderdragon being the ruler of the land for years, it kinda... Soured. He's still one of the people who hesitates to take a sword to one, though :twilightsmile:
He's not really important to the story much, though =V

7752259 It doesn't take me that long to edit, I just procrastinate a lot. I think it's been multiple years at this point since I updated anything for the story this is a spinoff for.

7752813
Well, by Steve I meant Players, or as you called them Spawn, in general. Being nice is nice through))
Considering Alchemy part, do minecraft Exchange schematics(no idea how to call that EE thing, where you learn items for first time, and can replicate them later) carry to Equestria, and vice versa whether Equestria-specific items can be made in Minecraft. By the way, how much a Element of Harmony would cost?

Another thought here ... If Equestria also has Ender, where Twilight managed to enter, who lives in it?

7752995 I'm not sure how to answer the first question, I'll get back to that later after I've thought about it a bit. An element of harmony would be worth.. Lots of red matter, as in more than half a stack. I wouldn't recommend Condensing one though, I think it would break Equestria.
The Nether and the End are connected to the Overworld naturally, they were sort of by-products. Equestria doesn't have the same kind of makeup, so it wouldn't have an End, or a Nether (the closest equivalent to it would be Tartarus and that's a prison, not a hell world). To make up for it, though, the magic field is much more naturally saturated and dimensional travel is safer.

7753857
I guess it was because of Enderdragon they were forced to do this in Minecraft AU. Now she's dead, and nobody has to attack anymore. Well, it is still a good idea to avoid Players, as Endermen are good loot for most of them.

7753857 Xzrea pretty much hit the nail on the head with their reply. This particular version of endermen aren't naturally aggressive.

9796431
....mnehhh... :ajsleepy: I'd like to complete it, or at least get far enough in to use the illustrations I made that I hadn't gotten to yet, but my inspiration for it kind of went kaput. So I guess, yes (until further notice)

9798657
Rip. I know the feeling.

You really need to complete this one it is epic And I really want to see how it goes on The story is just getting good and you cut it off like that that is no way to end a story please continue this one

Login or register to comment