• Published 2nd May 2015
  • 2,145 Views, 89 Comments

Endstone and Harmony - PrincessOfTheEnd



Faeron can feel something wrong. Something about the magic in the air, and how her limbs don't quite feel right. It's only when she sits up and sees herself, though, that she knows how wrong this situation is.

  • ...
3
 89
 2,145

Chapter Two

Faeron sighed and landed near the treeline. The sun had set and risen twice, which still confused her. Although, it wasn't quite as confusing as the checkerboard pattern the ground past the forest seemed to have. Or the fact that the ground seemed to be emanating entropy.

She breathed in and absorbed a little of the surrounding flux, restoring the energy she lost while flying, and making the air a little less heavy with rogue magic. She sighed lightly. Excessive amounts of magic in the air always made her uncomfortable.

"Well, what do we have here?" A voice purred from behind her. Faeron whipped around, but saw nothing. Frowning, she turned to start walking out of the forest, and came face-to-face with... Something.

Whatever it was seemed to be a mishmash of several different creatures, although words for it as a whole were lacking. Faeron felt uneasy, it had a very heavy magical aura.

"It's not every day you see something like this, and you're not one of mine..." It said, rubbing its chin with a golden talon. Faeron backed up a few steps, glaring at it.

"...What, or who, are you?" She asked, trying to ignore the pressing aura of warp coming from the being. It pouted.

"You don't know me? I'm Discord, spirit of chaos and disharmony!" The newly introduced Discord said with a flourish (his name even spelling out in flowery letters above his head), and his pout shifted into a grin. "And you, well, you are curious." He finished. Faeron blinked as he flashed away.

"Interesting how? The teeth, or something else?" She muttered. Discord's voice sounded from above her.

"Oh, the teeth are indeed interesting, but you just reek of chaos. Why would that be?" Faeron glanced up and saw him floating in the air above her head, looking down at her.

"It... May be from the entropy I absorbed, this place has an abundance of it." She said quietly. She didn't know whether it was a good idea to tell him that or not.

"Mm, perhaps, but I don't believe I've heard of a pony able to absorb entropy before." Discord's eyebrows turned into white roses. "What has Celestia been up to since my imprisonment?" Faeron blinked.

"...Who's Celestia?" Faeron asked, ignoring the rest of the sentence.

"Oh, nobody important, now, you were saying?" Discord snapped his paw and summoned what looked like green tea. Faeron stepped back a little.

"I... can absorb excess magic, usually the discarded kind left over from spellcasting... Or the stuff spilling out from an aura node if it overloads." She said, starting to turn away. This guy was giving her the creeps.

"Oh come now, don't you want to have a little fun?" Discord grinned, floating in front of her. "Lets see how you tick." He said. Faeron backed away a step and let out a low growl. She hoped he didn't mean what she thought he did.

Faster than she expected, Discord floated down and prodded her in the back of the head. She suddenly felt a powerful ache in her skull, like her mind was being pressed. Her vision started swimming, and for a second before her vision went dark, she could swear she heard a hum.


"Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing!" Discord said, lifting a glass of chocolate milk to his lips.

"Not as wonderful as friendship!" Twilight Sparkle and her friends announced their presence. Then did a double take. Next to Discord's throne was a pitch black pony with jagged teeth, and unfocused slit eyes, which were letting off a malevolent indigo light. The pony's mane was a ruffled violet that seemed to shine a little.

"What in Equestria did you do to that pony?!" Twilight glared at Discord. She hadn't seen any ponies with changes like this yet. He frowned, then smiled.

"Absolutely nothing. Well, I may have messed with her mind a little bit, but other than that she was like this when I found her." He said smugly, drinking his glass and throwing the chocolate milk away. "Are you really trying this again?"

"That's right! You couldn't break apart our friendship for long" Applejack stamped her hoof as she finished. Discord rolled his eyes.

"Oh Applejack don't lie to me, I'm the one who made you a liar." He started pulling the elements of harmony towards him, bringing the bearers with them. "Will you ever learn?"

Twilight Sparkle frowned and teleported among her friends, putting up a magic bubble and guiding it and her friends to the ground, where it promptly popped.

"I'll tell you what we learned, Discord. We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for!" She stamped her hoof. Whatever Discord did to the pony next to his throne, it would hopefully be undone when they used the elements.

"Eurgh, gag!" Discord made a face. "Fine, go ahead, try and use your little elements! Friend me. Just make it quick." He teleported from his spot in front of the bearers into his throne. "I'm missing some excellent chaos here." He grinned. Beside his throne, the pony was staring at the bearers, making an unsettling noise.

"Alright ladies, lets show him what friendship can do!" Twilight nodded at her friends as they powered up the elements, but a shout startled them.

"Wait wait wait!" Pinkie Pie opened her mouth under a cotton candy cloud for a few seconds, before bouncing over to her friends and growling. Discord yawned.

The six ponies started glowing, and the gemstones on the necklaces started letting off beams of light. Discord opened his eyes as the beams whizzed past him. "What's this?" More beams of light shot from the necklaces. "No." Twilight's eyes started glowing, followed by the rest of her friends, and a bright light formed around them that turned into a bright rainbow, which headed towards Discord. "Noooooo!" Discord screamed, raising his arms as if to shield himself as the Elements of Harmony impacted him, turning him to stone.

The Elements created a dome of light which covered all of Ponyville, expanding to rid Equestria of the chaos Discord brought. The pony next to Discord's throne collapsed, and was laying on the floor when the light of the elements disappeared.

As the elements deactivated, the bearers dropped to the floor, and watched as the stone statue of Discord fell to the floor. But most directed their attention to the black shape where Discord's throne used to be.

Fluttershy fluttered over to the black shape on the ground, followed by her friends. The rise and fall of the pony's sides meant they were alive, which was good. Fluttershy, however, froze up when she got close enough to see the pony's face.

"Twilight...?" She said worriedly.

"Yes Fluttershy?" Twilight asked, not close enough to see what Fluttershy was talking about.

"Her teeth didn't change..." Everypony froze.

Author's Note:

This went a bit fast, in my opinion. Constructive criticism welcomed; if you know a way to make this chapter better, I will happily hear your explanation.
I might not be able to post a new chapter next Friday, because I'm going camping and there is no internet or electricity there, so my computer will only have battery power for me to work on it. And my handwriting is really slow.