• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 3,148 Views, 56 Comments

When Balloons Float to the Stars - Aybee



When Pinkie Pie is done making everypony smile for the day, what does she go back to? A lonely room full of overly bright party decorations to keep her smiling. But what happens when the brightness can't cheer her up anymore? Who will make her smile?

  • ...
11
 56
 3,148

Last Chapter; The Beginning

The sun was shining bright when Pinkie woke up, surrounded by the smell of parchment and ink, along with that smell that was wholly unique to her lover, Twilight. The pink party pony turned her brilliant azure eyes to the lavender mare beside her, wondering at how beautiful she could be, even in sleep. It had been almost a year since they had gotten together, and it had been wonderful, every minute. The Cakes were sad that she had moved out and into what was now the magnificent crystal castle at the edge of town, but they were overjoyed that Pinkie had found her very special somepony.

Using her Pinkie powers, she slid out of bed without waking her lover, smiling tenderly at the sleeping face of the mare she loved. After her daily routine in 0% volume, like only Pinkie Pie could, she slipped out of the Royal Bedchambers, (Pinkie always called it that, just to be funny) to head downstairs, ushering the Head Chef aside to cook Twilight her breakfast. The first few times this had occurred, the Chef had been outraged, that is until he had tasted Pinkie's Perfect Princess Pancakes, a newly designed recipe just for Twilight. He was then more than happy to oblige the mare in making her Princess' breakfast.

While she was hustling and bustling about the kitchen, she hummed her little song to herself, a tender smile on her lips as she whipped up a huge stack of the delicious wheat pancakes with blueberries and bananas. When she was done, she made a decent sized plate for Twilight, then the rest towered on a plate for herself, looking not unlike the Leaning Tower of Pancakes. She stared up at the pancake stacks for a long time, wondering how she would go about doing her 'special something' this morning. She bit her lip and stuck out her tongue in her normal Pinkie Pie thinking style, before her face exploded into a massive, muzzle splitting grin. It was going to be perfect.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight lifted her head from her soft pillows, her mane nothing but a bat's nest and her tail matching. She smacked her lips slowly as her brain sputtered to life, her first thought being 'Where in the hay is Pinkie?' She looked around for a long while before letting out a soft sigh, wondering if there had been a party emergency, to which Pinkie would race off in a heartbeat. She got up and grabbed her manebrush with her magenta magic aura and slid it through her mane, taking a while because of all the tangles. Her tail quickly followed until they were in perfect order, but before she could open the door, it burst open of its own accord to allow in a large tray, with Pinkie following behind.

"Twilight, I didn't think you'd be up yet! I was making you breakfast in bed! Your favorite too!" Pinkie's voice had a little whine in it upon seeing Twilight up and out of bed already, and her face went from a bright smile to a disappointed frown.

"Oh! I'm sorry Pinkie, I didn't know. Tell you what, I'll get back in bed and you can give me breakfast then, okay?"

"Okiedokielokie!" Cried the sugar fueled mare, her smile returning as she watched Twilight climb back into bed.

When Twilight was comfortable back in bed, the blanket pulled over her, Pinkie giddily jumped up and down on her hooves before pulling the purple mare's plate over to her, making sure the dollop of whipped cream on the top was positioned right below Twilight's mouth. After a sweet thank you and a kiss to Pinkie's cheek, the newly crowed princess lowered her head to lick up the whipped cream, only to pause and swish it around in her mouth, a little clinking sound echoing from her mouth. She then stuck out her tongue and levitated a bright golden ring from her mouth, and her face changed completely.

"P-Pinkie...is this...a-are you...?" Twilight stammered out to the pink party mare, her eyes wider than the pancakes before her. Pinkie's only response is to get down in a kneeling position and smile up at the Princess, before preforming her little speech.

"Twilight, you are the most amazing, most wonderific, most super awesome mega fantastic pony in the whole wide world! I love you so so so much, and I would be the happiest mare in the entire world if you would maybe consider thinking about possibly wanting to be my wife?" When Pinkie was done, she looked away in a very un-Pinkie like manner, her cheeks stained with a shy blush. It took a few moments for the words to ring through Twilight's head enough that she could respond.

And her response was to leap out of bed and tackle the pink pony to the ground, repeating 'Yes!' over and over and over again, tears rolling down her cheeks in pure happiness and delight. The giggles of both ponies could be heard echoing around the castle as they wiped their eyes to cuddle, not even worrying about the spilled pancakes on the bed. And they were happy, both the Balloons and the Stars.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony, I'm so so so sorry that it took so super duper long to get this done, but now I will be starting a new story that should be completed a lot faster than this one. Thank you so much for being patient with me! I love you all! :trollestia:

Comments ( 9 )

i like it and can you make a sequel for this story

6770059 I wasn't planning on making a sequel because the epilogue pretty much summed it up. But if you're really that into it, I can definitely write more TwiPie fics. :pinkiehappy:

6770097 ok and i was hoping you would make a sequel where it show pinkie pie and princess twilight sparkle married life since pinkie pie did ask to marry the princess in this chapter

6770108 I suppose I could do something of that nature in the future if I get enough people asking for it.

"Twilight, you are the most amazing, most wonderific, most super awesome mega fantastic pony in the whole wide world! I love you so so so much, and I would be the happiest mare in the entire world if you would maybe consider thinking about possibly wanting to be my wife?"

well at least they dated before the story was enging

Hey everypony, I'm so so so sorry that it took so super duper long to get this done, but now I will be starting a new story that should be completed a lot faster than this one.

hopefully not, I would actuallly prefer a long story, or one in which the story doesn´t end after they started dating, a bit like this one if I remember it correctly. Well it was really nice for one of the shorter storys. I really prefer the long ones, but some storys like this one, are pretty good the way they are....
I guess what I meant is you did a really good jo, the story feels nice.

6770292 I wouldn´t say no:twilightsheepish:
6770108

Aww what a wonderful way to end the story.
Well done

And I would love to read the sequel to this :heart:

Login or register to comment