• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 3,148 Views, 56 Comments

When Balloons Float to the Stars - Aybee



When Pinkie Pie is done making everypony smile for the day, what does she go back to? A lonely room full of overly bright party decorations to keep her smiling. But what happens when the brightness can't cheer her up anymore? Who will make her smile?

  • ...
11
 56
 3,148

How Well Pink and Purple Mix

It was raining. Of all the rotten luck, it had started to rain. Twilight was already a nervous wreck, and now on top of all else, it was raining! How she was going to cope with this, she didn't know, but for Pinkie's sake, she was going to keep it together. Even if their date was about to get ruined by RAIN of all things. Twilight face-hoofed and grumbled to herself as she slipped into her dress, using her magic to help her ease into the soft fabric.

She was, above all, excited for the date this evening. A nice dinner at an Istallion restaurant, perhaps a lightning bug show. But now? They'd have to settle for dinner in. The restaurant would be packed for sure. No one wanted to cook on a stormy evening. But maybe this was better. Twilight began to see the upsides in staying home to eat. Pinkie wouldn't be rowdy and goofy in public (not that Twilight minded the pink mare's behavior), it was a more intimate setting where ponies wouldn't be watching them all evening...yes, perhaps a quiet dinner in would be a very good idea.

Twilight began to fidget with her mane, wondering what to do with it, when there was a knock on the door. Twilight had already sent spike over to Sweet Apple Acres for the night, saying that he could help bake pies with the country family. He insisted that he wanted to stay at the Carousel Boutique, but Twilight doubted Rarity wanted a lovestruck baby dragon around when she was making that new order for Sapphire Shores.

Twilight trotted downstairs to open there door, and there, standing out in the rain with an umbrella in her mouth, was Pinkie Pie. Twilight's heart skipped a beat when she saw her friend all tidied up in her new dress, which was strangely a mix of both pink and purple. The same pink and purple that made up Pinkie and Twilight's coats. Twilight brushed away a thought about how marvelous the two colors went together as she smiled brightly at the still dry mare before her, taking her umbrella with her magic and setting it inside in the umbrella rack.

"Hey there Pinkie. You look great. I mean...yeah, really, really great." Twilight managed to sputter out, very much at a loss for words at the beauty of the baker in her dress. Her mane and tail, which as a rule was very unruly, had been wrestled down into a wavy waterfall, a mix between the board straight style of her saddened state and her bright, bouncy, curly locks. And just around her azure eyes, there was a little lavender eyeshadow to make her eyes seem dusky and smoky. Twilight couldn't take her eyes from the gorgeous mare before her.

"Hee~! Thanks Twilight. You look really, really great too." Pinkie says in an almost husky voice, leaning in to give Twilight a gentle peck on the cheek, causing the princess to blush darkly.

"I thought that maybe we could eat in, instead of going out tonight." Twilight squeaks out, motioning with a hoof to the table for two set with candles and all other trimmings.

"That sounds amazing. I was hoping that we could stay in tonight." Pinkie states in the same sultry tone, her eyes never once leaving Twilight's as they converse.

"R-Really? Oh! Well then, that fits great! I made lasagna with spinach, extra cheese. I hope you don't mind?"

"Spinach and extra cheese? Twilight, how did you know I loved that combination?"

"I, uh...talked with the Cakes. They gave me a few tips. They seem pretty happy about this, you know."

"Yeah...they've known that I've liked you for a really long time. They always had great things to say about you, and always told me to go for it. Strange how things happen, huh?" Pinkie says as she makes her way to the table, smiling over at Twilight in a tender manner. Twilight nods in agreement to Pinkie's words before using her magic to pull out Pinkie's chair for her, blushing lightly as Pinkie aims another world brightening smile at the alicorn.

"Thank you, Lady Twilight." Pinkie says teasingly as Twilight cuts the pink mare a slice of the steaming lasagna, setting it on her plate before making herself a portion.

"You are most welcome, Lady Pinkamina." Twilight says indulgently, also grinning when she speaks. But Twilight's words cause Pinkie to frown, and Twilight immediately backtracks.

"I'm sorry, did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to upset you..."

"No, Twilight. I'm alright. Just...Pinkie Pie, okay? I don't like to be called Pinkamina anymore." The baker lifts her eyes to look at Twilight, causing the alicorn to almost visibly flinch at the pain that resides in those sky blue eyes.

"Of course, Pinkie. I'm sorry." Twilight says in almost a whisper, her ears lowering slightly at the sudden somber tone in the air. In an attempt to bring back the lighter side of the conversation, she uses her magic to brush a wavy lock of pink hair from Pinkie's eyes, blushing brightly when surprise replaces the pain.

"S-Sorry. It was in your eyes. I like to look at you're eyes. They're very beautiful. YOU are very beautiful." This causes Pinkie to flush deep red, and before she could think of anything to say to that, she picked up her fork and began to eat. Taking her friend's silence as an approval of the compliment, she smiles and begins to eat as well, the meal continuing on in relative (If comfortable) silence.

When the meal was done, Twilight lifts the plates with her aura and sets them down quietly in the sink, standing and moving over to Pinkie with a sweet smile. She offers her hoof to the baker, who takes it almost shyly as she slides from her chair.

"I thought we could dance...since we can't go watch fireflies. Is that alright?" The Princess asks softly as she leads her companion upstairs to the record player that she kept in her room, save for parties. The lower floor of her room was perfect for dancing, clean and round and empty. And when Pinkie nods, she opens her door and leads the pink mare inside, using her magic to start up the record player, the song 'Can't Smile Without You' by Barry Marenilow starting up. Twilight looks Pinkie right in the eye as she steps forward, their cheeks just barely brushing as they connect to each other by setting their chins on the back of each others lowered necks.

And they danced for what seemed like hours to that song, and when it was over, they almost wept for having to part. But when they finally broke away, Twilight twisted her head at the last moment to catch Pinkie's lips in a soft, unexpected kiss that shattered the world around them into nothingness, and the only sensation that they felt was that of each others lips. Their eyes fluttered shut into the tender kiss, each one pouring the feelings in their hearts to the other mare as their lips remained interlocked.

And yet, even this had to come to an end, leaving both breathless and wanting for more. Twilight knew that restraint should be shown here, rational thought. Pinkie knew that she shouldn't take advantage of what was given, a single kiss. But both tossed aside the bindings of civility and propriety as their lips once more met, this time in a passionate, heated, indeed almost molten kiss that seared in heart's fire the bond between the two.

Barely a breath had been taken, not a word had been uttered, and yet suddenly they were both up on Twilight's bed, the smell of fading teleportation magic lingering in the air. Fabric rustled and was tossed to the floor, both quickly shedding their clothes in favor of feeling fur on fur. Twilight rolled Pinkie below her on the cloud soft mattress, their lips never faltering on each others as Twilight's wings slowly brushed Pinkie's hips and Cutie Mark, causing the pink party mare to gasp and arch herself into the gossamer touch.

Both were almost mindless with need for each other when Twilight pulled her head back and took a breath of air, her mind clearing for a single thought. Soft. She took her own advice and slowed down the kisses and the gentle caresses of the sugar sweet mare below her, causing Pinkie to almost whine with desire. But when the pink mare saw the look in her lover's eyes, she quieted. That was a look so full of wanting and barely restrained, animalistic need, that Pinkie had no doubts of what would come.

Twilight lowered her lips to Pinkie's cheek, brushing her lips back and forth over the soft fur there, slowly moving her mouth lower on the neck of her bright pink companion. She tasted like frosting and fire, the two flavors a very strange but not unpleasant mix. Pinkie wrapped her hooves around Twilight's neck as the alicorn dipped farther, the softness of her tongue brushing through Pinkie's fur causing the baker to shiver and let out an airy, subtle moan. The sound makes Twilight almost whimper with arousal, but she strengthens her resolve and continues at her current pace, now moving towards Pinkie's soft belly.

Pinkie's breath hitches in her throat as she feels Twilight's tongue brush just over the subtle curve of her stomach, almost opening her lips to beg for Twilight to move lower. But she didn't need to say a word, for Twilight obeyed without hearing a single sound, and Pinkie's mind almost burst with the pleasure of the touch of her tongue. Pinkie could barely keep herself from screaming after a moment of the delectable ministrations of her lover's tongue. But just before Pinkie's vision could explode, Twilight pulls away, and this time, Pinkie does whimper.

"Its alright Pinkie...I'm not done yet. I just want to watch your beautiful face..." Whispered the alicorn mare, and Pinkie quivers with both excitement and delight at the tone in Twilight's voice.

Twilight's horn lights up suddenly as the lavender mare slips their lower legs together, and Pinkie could feel a soft pressure between them, cradled right between their most private regions. And then Twilight began to move, slowly at first, but quickly picking up speed as they moan and call out each others names. The pleasure between them grew and grew until, with a scream from them both, their whole world implodes upon itself, nothing but utter bliss ruling their minds.

When reality begins to fade back into their sight, Twilight relaxes onto the bed beside Pinkie, pulling the exhausted mare against her heaving chest. And they lay there like that until they fell asleep, content to be in their lover's arms. But right before they fell asleep, Twilight whispered something when she noticed Pinkie's fur mingling in with her own as her eyes began to slip shut.

"Wow...pink and purple really do look great together..."

Author's Note:

Sorry sooooo much for the delay on this chapter! I had some stuff to deal with, but I've got it taken care of for the most part, and here it is! Enjoy!