• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 7,266 Views, 28 Comments

Sunset Serenade - SoulFyre



Sunset and Rarity's romantic relationship during the events of Rainbow Rocks.

  • ...
10
 28
 7,266

Chapter 4

”Oh my gosh, Rarity that’s amazing.”

Sunset stared, wide-eyed and with an ear-splitting smile, at the mannequin that Rarity stood next to.

They were in Rarity’s design room and it was messier than usual. Fabric was everywhere, sketches lined the walls and hung from strings that crisscrossed the room, there were sewing machines with material still strung through, and tools were scatter all over the room’s tables.

Sunset broke her gaze from the outfit on the mannequin and looked Rarity over. The fashionista was obviously frazzled. Her hair was a mess and there were bags under her eyes behind her red glasses. The hand she had placed on the mannequin’s shoulder looked to be more for support than anything.

Sunset stepped forward and pulled Rarity into a bone-crushing hug; one that Rarity returned, with less intensity given her exhausted state.

Sunset lessened her hug and pulled back enough to capture her girlfriend’s lips in a passionate kiss. Rarity returned it with great vigor, pouring what energy she still had into it.

They parted when it became clear that Rarity was having trouble breathing. Sunset held the panting Rarity in her arms.

“Heh heh, sorry about that Rarity,” said Sunset, “guess I got a little excited.”

Rarity composed herself before she spoke, “Nonsense. No apology needed, darling. I just haven’t slept and I am truly exhausted.”

Sunset smiled and kissed Rarity on the nose before reluctantly letting go. She found herself catching Rarity when her support left.

“Oh god, sorry Rarity. I didn’t know you were leaning on me so much.”

“Quite all right.”

Sunset helped Rarity to a nearby chair that the fashionista quickly collapsed into.

Rarity sighed deeply. “Well?”

“Well what?”

Rarity rolled her eyes. “Aren’t you going to try it on?”

“Oh,” Sunset looked back at the mannequin, “definitely.”

She moved over to the mannequin and stripped off her jacket and set it on a nearby table, but as she went to remove her shirt, Rarity coughed.

Sunset looked back at her quizzically with her shirt halfway up her body.

Rarity was blushing. “Um Sunny… maybe just, I don’t know.” Rarity was obviously struggling to find her words.

Sunset’s eyes widened. “Oh, right.” She let her shirt fall back down. “I should go behind the screen.”

Sunset carried the mannequin behind a folding screen set up on the on the other side of the room and returned to pick up a pair of boots that were left behind.

After she returned behind the screen she peeked out with a smirk. “I could just strip out there, put on a show. Not the first time you’ve seen me naked either.”

Rarity’s blush deepened. “I-I wasn’t even looking last time.” Sunset cocked a brow. “Well maybe a peek, just… just stay behind the screen, pervert.”

Sunset rolled her eyes and disappeared behind the screen. “Oh yeah, I’m the perv.”

Rarity grumbled, but her eyes were drawn to the outline of the girl behind the folding screen. Said girl was going out of her way to slowly slip out of her clothes in a sensual manner.

Rarity gulped. “J-just hurry up.”

Sunset let out a short laugh before complying, the sensuality of her movements now gone.

Sunset quickly stripped the mannequin and slipped the clothes on herself.

She took a deep breath before stepping out from behind the screen.

Rarity’s jaw dropped.

Sunset now wore a teal and yellow dress over blue jeans. Over the dress she wore a new, shorter leather jacket with an orange stripe on each arm. Her boots matched the jacket, orange stripe near the top, silver buckles stood out against the black leather.

Sunset was looking down and away with her hands behind her back. “Well, do you like it?”

“Incredible.”

Sunset blushed.

“I knew it would look amazing on you, but seeing it now is just… you look just incredible, darling.”

Rarity stood up and moved across the room. She pulled Sunset into a hug and kissed her cheek.

Sunset returned the hug and the kiss. “Thank you Rare. You really didn’t have to do this.”

Rarity just smiled. “Nonsense. You needed a something new to better fit the new you.”

They held the embrace for what felt like a heavenly eternity, the actual time unimportant. What mattered was each other.

They pulled back and looked each other in the eyes.

The look in Rarity’s eyes was all that Sunset needed to finally say the words she couldn’t find until now.

“I love you.”

Rarity smiled as her eyes watered. “I love you too, darling.”

They closed the distance and their lips met once more.

In that moment, everything was perfect.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. Probably shouldn't have posted the first chapter just before the holidays. And after the hectic holidays this year I had a really bad case of writer's block. But I just saw the new music video with Sunset Shimmer, "My Past is Not Today", and it reignited my creative spark.

This chapter was written and posted in less than an hour, late at night, and after several viewings of the awesome video so it's unedited. Technically this story takes place after the three other chapters I have planned, but I couldn't help it. Hope you enjoy it.

Also, my descriptive ability doesn't do this justice:

SQUEE!!

Comments ( 6 )

For a moment there I thought this was an April's Fools prank, what with Chapter 5 instantly following Chapter 1 and being less than 1.000 words long.

Anyway, have all of my yes, I have been fangasming for hours from that video. :pinkiehappy:

Why is this chapter five? Also, I'm not sure if I want to praise you or curse you for writing this ship.
...
Shut up and take my upvotes!

5811874 Well crap. Just rewatched a bit of the first movie and they do say that he broke up with her... I'll give it a fix. Thanks for pointing that out.:pinkiesmile:

not a bad outfit but i don't now why, it just does not seem to how could i put it? click? while it's sunset wearing it.
However keep writing and I would like to see more chapters soon:pinkiehappy:

So, with the third movie coming out in October is there going to be another sequel?

I loved this story, it is exceptionally well written & you made Sunset & Rarity so adorable together.
The only issue I have is its too short! I wants moar!!
Keep up the great work ❤

Login or register to comment