• Published 3rd Nov 2014
  • 1,233 Views, 18 Comments

Supercharged - Ponyess



This all started with a crash and me falling off my scooter. Good things I have friends who pull me back together.

  • ...
9
 18
 1,233

A Flutter on the Wind: 8

Author's Note:

Sweetie Belle's POV

”Ah reckon it is time to head home for dinner by now, Ah don’t want them to miss me!” Apple Bloom pondered as we had left the Carouselle Boutique behind.

“With our luck, we are bound to stumble across some Pony and be distracted on the way, I guess we could as well get on our way!” I pointed out.

“We have an entire village full of Ponies to stumble across, several of which I wouldn’t mind seeing. Like Rainbow Dash or possibly Flutter Shy, she is very nice, even if she is on the shy end of the village!” Scootaloo pondered in response.

“I could not say I mind see either of them. Or even Ditzy Doo, if we are speaking of Pegasi mares. We are going to see Cheerilee tomorrow, even if she is a mare Earth Pony. You will have a field-day explaining what happened to you, Scootaloo!” I pointed out.

“Oh yeah, that will be quite the story, wouldn’t it, Sweetie?” Scootaloo responded with a wide smile on her face.

“Unless this is all just one of Luna’s dreams? Yes, you will have an adventure, just to explain this to her. Then we will have to face the entire class, while we are at it!” I put forth in a good jest.

“Ah reckon. They will give us a riot oh laughter, when they see ya!” Apple Bloom suggested with a silly face.

“Oh, wait. Yeah, they will give me a riot of laughter, alright. Doesn’t matter what I say. I am looking like an adult to them, and a blank flank at that. Maybe, but no. No point in trying to lie about this. I am still the same Scootaloo!” Scoots stumbled.

“Yet, unless we imagined what I know I saw, you were clearly flying. I can’t deny that part!” I pointed out.


“I doubt it. As much as my flight may feel like a dream coming true to me, but it had none of the dream-like feel to it. Like when Luna was there explaining to me that I had to face my fears, lest they were to consume me and destroy me!” Scootaloo pointed out.

“Oh, that dream, I still recall how my version of it turned out. We managed to save my sister Rarity from the horrific consequences that my actions would have entailed, had she not been there and helped me out. Although I am very grateful for your part in helping me as well. I couldn’t have prevented that disaster, all on my own. Your assistance was invaluable. I wouldn’t want to be without either of the two of you there, or in my life in general!” I pointed out, in no uncertain terms.

“Wait, now you are talking of the episode where you sabotaged the Head Dress Rarity crafted for Sapphire Shore, right? Now, that was an adventure, alright. At least the twenty percent cooler than average, there!” Scootaloo put forth.


“Ah reckon, that’s what y’all need friends for!” Apple Bloom pronounced in her honest manners.

“Since the day at Diamond Tiaras Cutesiniera. Fate had it, we are bound to stick together. Our friendship does strengthen us, just as it does for Twilight Sparkle and her friends!” I emphasized.

“I am not sure I am comfortable with the comparison, but your point is still valid. Our friendship won the day at her party, just as it has done for us so many times since!” Scootaloo put forth.

“We all met on that party, as much as we all hated to go there in the first place. Diamond Tiara had had a field day seeing to it. Yet, she was made to pay for that mistake. Once we teamed up, she lost the party. Who cared about her and her silly mark, after that!” I responded with a smile.

“Speaking of Ponies we expected to see, I think Flutter Shy is coming in our direction and she clearly has seen me!” Scootaloo suggested.

“Just be gentle with her, she is a friend. I don’t want to scare her. She is too nice for it!” I responded.

“Ah reckon, she’s as nice as a Pony can be!” Apple Bloom pointed out.

“Exactly. We’re lucky to have such a kind friend!” Scootaloo pointed out, just as Flutter Shy sets hoof on the ground before us.

“Greetings, Fluttershy. Such a nice day to see you!” I expressed warmly as I stopped before her.

“Hiya, Sweetie Belle. But, who is your new friend?” Flutters responded with a curious and confused smile on her face.


“She is Scootaloo. You don’t recognice her? Even if she has grown and finally managed to learn to fly, but still!” I pointed out.

“Yes, I guess the fact that I saw her fly competently threw me of the most, even if her size does help you hide who you are, Scootaloo!” she responded with a silly shy smile as she looked up.

“I have been growing from just after Twilight Sparkle tried to help me, healing me from the incident as I crashed on my scooter!” Scootaloo returned.

“I guess her magic has been a bit shaky since she was forced to face Tirek, with the combined force of all four Alicorns. We did notice that she had problems controlling her magic, when she got back from Canterlot, after Celestia had sent a message, summoning her at the time!” Flutters pondered.

“At least she tried to help me. On the positive side, she managed to help me with my flying, and she did heal my body just as she promised!” Scootaloo pondered with growing confidence.

“I can clearly see your improved flight, I can’t deny what I just saw!” Fluttershy confessed with a confused grin.

“We just had to go and see Zecora, with another unforeseen side-effect though. Zecora competently stabilised her aura, even if it seems as if it also progressed and sped up the development!” I pointed out.


“And now, I will have to face class tomorrow, with the body of a fully grown mare. At least to the outwards appearance!” Scootaloo pointed out.

“I sympathise with you there. It is not the way it went down for me, yet it feels like it could go down a similar way, nonetheless!” Flutters added.

“This sounds more like Twilights nightmare, when she was to go back to Kindergarten as a fully adult Mare. I just hope they don’t stare at me!” Scootaloo pointed out.

“That makes perfect sense, that IS still her nightmare, but the staring is a part of mine as well. I just can’t shake it, it pushes me into a full-blown panic each and every time!” Flutters responded.

“At least, you are not an Adult, yet. Even if you look like one, right now, but what does your feelings tell you, Scootaloo?” I inquired.

“Truthfully, I don’t feel any more mature, but rather to the contrary. Does that make any sense to any of you?” she responded, with a crooked grin in all sincere insecurity.


“Your feelings are rebelling against your growing body, I guess!” Flutters suggested bravely.

“We could ask Nurse Redheart for a few tests? I don’t feel up to seeing Twilight Sparkle right now, even if I know I am bound to see her soon enough. I still like her, it is just the way her magic worked out the last time!” Scootaloo responded.

“Understandable. Then we can go and see her first thing after class. It isn’t as if it is an emergency right now. I want to be back at the orchard before it is dark and we have a class to attend to tomorrow!” I suggested.

“Ah reckon that’d be about right!” Apple Bloom put forth.

“I don’t particularly feel like missing class. Cherilee always have something fun and useful to teach us!” I pointed out.


“That is good. If only I had a teacher like Cherilee. Only if Pinkie Pie could have her doubled and one of her sent back to old Cloudsdale, but that isn’t happening, as much as I may hope for it. At least, now I am here and you get to enjoy her classes. Besides, if Cherilee had been my teacher, maybe I would never have ended up down here with you in the first place, which means I would have stayed up there. I would have missed all my friends I have here and all the adventures I had because I am here!” she pointed out.

“That’d suck. If you had never been in the situation that brought you down to us, Rainbow Dash had never performed at the time and we would have missed out on way too much!” Scootaloo pondered.

“That does summon up our feelings on the occasion. Just that we need to get back to the Club Housse before it is too dark in the forest!” I pointed out.

“If you are going to your Club House, I can see why you need to be there before it starts to grow dark!” Fluttershy admitted.


“We had better be on our way. Besides, I know we will see you soon enough. You are coming over frequently, helping my sister Rarity with her cat!” I continued.

“Yeah. I love helping her with that, it’s after all part of who I am and what I do. I’ll see you Crusaders another day!” she responded as she took off, flying on her way to where she was going, when we saw her.

--- --- ---

Comments ( 9 )

This took to long of a wait for this good of a story

5601327 Just curious, how long would have been acceptable, in your eyes?

The quality of a story is largely depending on taking the time to get the right inspiration and secure the details, before I publish, as opposed to waiting for you to point out any possible flaws for me.

5601697
I was trying to say it is really good while being cryptic

5602589 Oh, I guess I misread your intent a bit, there.

For some reason, it did sound more of impatience, but I guess it wasn't my rate of publishing chapters, then?

I have a few difficult subjects to go up against in this story, the Rhyming of the Zebra is but the first one of many. There is the challenge of how to make the Apples come out right, as opposed to all the possible pit falls available.

6385043 Just curious, what is causing you to laugh?

6404729
Why don't you ever finish the story you have a whole bunch of cool concepts of stories but you rarely actually finish them. Why?

7085202 I think I could say that you just answered the question.
All these cool ideas, just screaming out to me; demanding that I start writing that one story,a and the next, and the next.
Of course, the cool ideas can't become cool stories, before they have been completed, can they?
I may need some encouragement and remanders to keep up thes stories you enjoy reading.
Anything that makes the story develop into the story you enjoy reading, and keep it along the lines initially envissioned.
Of course, this does include helping me find things that doesn't come out as good as intended, and suggesting how to fix these issues.

7087467 this is a very good story I would like for you to complete it honestly is very cool concept I'm not that good at criticism because I rarely see a problem I'm bad at punctuation so I don't see it that often I'll tell you if I see any spelling errors I'm pretty OK at that I just like for you to finish the story it seems like a cool concept oh and if I tell you it seems fast-paced that's saying something because I'm usually okay with that, this one I didn't notice a problem but some of your other stories I did

No offense, but the dialogue feels REALLY forced. It's like I'm reading a fic about the CMC being robots, not Scoots being an alicorn.

Login or register to comment