• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 3,805 Views, 311 Comments

Xenophobia - CompleteIndifference



Two exterminators crash in the peaceful land of Equestria, along with their prey.

Comments ( 18 )

you haven't been gone five minutes and i just noticed this story and am roflamo-ing at the pending it lives.

Whoah. It updated. :rainbowderp:

I actually pulled this from my favorites not to long ago for being dead... and now it's back on the list once again.

That'll teach me to make assumptions.
anyway, I am thoroughly reminded why I still bother sticking around.

My wonderful, wordy friend, you have delivered a good feeling with this chapter. A deep and dreadful feeling, and so very good.
I have to say the first half of this chapter was powerful. Exterminator is now a very scary word thanks to that, and I sure love scary words.
It goes without saying that I enjoyed it, even despite the so slightly pretentious lullaby (Only those few like you get away with that sort of thing).

Noticed only a few tiny errors:
"she yipped in pain, spitting blood from her dirt-cakes jaws."

"She knew it was wrong everything was so wrong and she needed to say something be angry feel betrayed cry why couldn’t she cry and scream and stop being so… so… Fluttershy was so afraid."
I think a few commas are missing there.
Generally, nothing else bothered me.

Thank you again my friend, for continuing to deliver the finest in cross-over.
-The Human (Mark 2)

“You have done all that I have asked of you. Now, I think, you deserve some compensation.” He swept a paw across the cave. “Inside each of these lovely sacs are your rewards. There’s plenty for everyone.” The assembled monsters looked at one another, chittering in what Dinky guess was confusion.

This Discord is a massive prick. Also... Poor Dinky.

media.tumblr.com/8b1daed5832e02ab19a75df89e2d2453/tumblr_inline_mssfpz35Sb1qz4rgp.gif

Nice to see you back in action, man! Also loving the no holds barred, shit's kicking off.

i read your entire story in two days and LOVE it.
fav'd and follow'd.

HOORAY!!! It finally updated!! Oh man, looks like things are about to get very bad very soon. I think Jer and Ray may need to give the Equestrians a crash course in Xenomorph killing. Keep up the good work!

wow just wow...spent the last 12 hours reading this from star to end and all i can really say is wow. an absolutly amazing and engrossing story. well thought out characters, a decent plotline, and a fair bit of character development. Simply could not stop readng this until i had finished. i really do hope you continue this story i wanna see if ray and jer really leave the ponies or if they decide to stay after dealing with the Xeno hive

Great stuff. It really makes me sad that well written, original, and good stories like this can have so few likes and the mass of stupid schlock that pollutes the feature box can get so many.

Re-read the entire thing to start to finish and I hope you keep writing this great story! If I had more thumbs up to give they would be yours good sir.

Judging from Rainbow's frantic reaction, I can only guess that Twi and Mac's discussion of equestrian moral code has gravitated heavily towards the bed :rainbowlaugh::twilightblush:

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your story; you've created some interesting characters, and I'd like to read more about their misadventures :twilightsmile:

The next chapter is going to be insane and filled with badassery.

I hope they retrieved the other canister for the machine gun...
Otherwise it would be a huge waste as well as possibly giving deadly technologies to aliens. I'd reckon it's not hard to come up with the basic gun design if you have a set of working bullets on hooves. Don't make them do it though! I hate fics in which ponies are so OP they figure everything we achieved in thousands of years just in a few hours or days.

Also, why does everyone go with the "canon" of alicorns actually controlling celestial bodies? Can you explain to me how the stars can be "missing" just because 1 alicorn is unconscious? It could have been done in a parallel universe or a word that doesn't follow our laws of physics, but if you combine our reality and theirs, then it is impossible and at least would have been noticed by now. There is no point in controlling stuff that is perfectly fine on its own unless you are a control freak. Are you implying Luna switches on and off THOUSANDS of suns just on a whim? But gets knocked out or incapacitated just as Celestia did?

Furthermore, if radio signal travels at the speed of light there, then the speed of light is canon. That means that Celestia can't control her sun on a whim because it would take around 8 minutes for a change in its position to become visible on Equus (and that is if magic travels instantaneously and not with the speed of light... else it would be over 15 minutes for a change to take place with 7 or so minutes of casting). And no, it can't be located closer because then it would burn everything living on the planet. No, it can't be made smaller and cooler because then it wouldn't produce light in the same spectrum as to support Earth-like life. So that was a really stupid move there, you would have done better if alicorns were just liars who gained power and absolute control through carefully creating and altering history over the ages.

Also, can you imagine the destruction the non-linear movement of the Sun and the Moon would bring? It is totally impossible with real physics you seem to portray in this fic. And for a finisher... if you're implying that Luna is manipulating real stars, then she would have to switch them on and off TENS and HUNDREDS of years in advance of the actual event. So good luck predicting when and what to do. TL;DR you can't honestly combine a stupid canon of a kids show with real world physics.
Plus if they are really that powerful, if they are gods they claim to be, why did they fail to predict that Ponyville was gonna get infested and stop it?

Also, ponies are such sissies. I wonder why Celestia didn't stop herself from stealing and extorting stuff because it was wrong and against morale codex? I want to see how they act once shit hits the fan. Also, I wouldn't mind if one or several of Mane6 got crippled or died in the process. I just hope RD will be alright since she's a cutie =P
Are you planning to add some shipping (as in humans returning the given attention) into the mix?

All in all, a good chapter as usual. I just recommend you to re-evaluate the canon of this story and come up with either a plausible explanation/excuse or remove/replace those bits from the story... It wouldn't lose much from it, but instead you'd gain a powerful extortion mechanism which the humans can use in the future... as well as not breaking the suspension of disbelief. In any case, I will be waiting for more! =)

P.S. It still has a number of grammatical errors. If you need a proof-reader, feel free to ask me the next time! I'm not too good at sentencing, tenses and all that fancy stuff but I'm good at spotting grammatical typos and such =P

Awesome story, gonna keep a eye on it.

How is going the work of the next chapter?

Why is it always the great stories that get left behind? Hoping you come back, you did a fantastic job here in this story and I’d love to see it finished.

Login or register to comment