• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,447 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,447

PreviousChapters Next
Getting To Know Yourselves

Author's Note:

I realize this is a short chapter, but the next few should be pretty long.

Panucian: http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Khyber%27s_Panuncian

“I need help!” Slash shouted as he ran into the hospital, carrying Jason on his back. Applejack galloped in after him, her eyes wide.

“What happened?” a nurse asked, rushing over to them to examine Jason.

“We were attacked by some kind of creature! It did something to him!” Applejack explained, watching as the doctors moved him onto a gurney.

Before the doctor could respond, the Omnitrix pulsed, sending a surge of power through Jason. His veins glowed green, his body convulsing.

“Strap him down!” the doctor ordered, holding Jason still with his magic, “What is that thing doing to him?” Before he could answer, the Omnitrix chirped. “Omnitrix has detected mutagenic virus infecting user. Omnitrix is repairing genetic damage done to user and suppressing virus.”

“So... i-is he going to be ok?” Applejack asked with tears in her eyes, looking at the Omnitrix.

“User’s immune system is also being boosted by this unit. Chances of survival are high,”

Applejack let out a sigh of relief, watching as the doctors moved Jason into a room.

“Come on Applejack, let’s go tell everypony else,” Slash said, leading the exhausted mare out of the hospital.

****

Jason groaned as he came to, getting to his feet. “Where the hell am I?” he asked as he looked around, rather confused. All around him was blackness, yet somehow he was on solid ground. “Am I... in Hel?”

“No Jason,” his own voice responded. “You are not in Hel. You’re very much alive.”

“Who the hell are you?”Jason asked, spinning around. He stopped, freezing when he saw himself. Well, not exactly himself. This version was clean shaven and wearing a nice white suit.

“Well, seeing as how you’re Jason, call me... Hughes,” the copy said, nodding his head. “Yes, Hughes will do quite nicely.”

“Ok Hughes, please enlighten me, where the fuck am I?” Jason asked and crossed his arms, thoroughly unamused with the situation.

“Well currently you're in a coma, brought on by the T-virus that Majura infected you with,” Hughes smiled, watching as a look of horror took over Jason’s face. “No need to worry Jason, the Omnitrix is keeping you alive.”

“So what... you’re some kinda hallucination?” Jason asked, tilting his head to the side in confusion

“Close, but wrong,” Hughes said, walking closer to him. “Normally, you would only see me when you go Alien X, but the coma was a good enough excuse for us to meet.”


Jason just stared at him before sighing. “Well... you're better than those two floating faces. Can I, I don’t know, get a chair? I’d rather not spend my coma standing up.”

“Jason, we’re in your mind, we don’t need chairs,” Hughes said, looking at Jason like he was talking to a child.

“Humor me,” Jason said, giving his doppelganger an unamused look.

“Just focus on making a chair appear, it’s not that hard,” Hughes said, gesturing with his hand. “Even someone like you should be able to manage that.”

“Great, my own mind is insulting me,” Jason said, rubbing the bridge of his nose. “That certainly speaks volumes about my mental health.” He closed his eyes, conjuring up the sitting room of a mansion. “Ah, much better!” he plopped down on a couch, letting out a sigh. “So, what do we do now?”

“We could do an endless amount of things until you wake up, though I doubt you could come up with more than ten,” Hughes said, taking a seat in one of the chairs and crossing his legs.

“Seriously, stop insulting me,” Jason said, glaring at him. Hughes was about to respond when Hodgepodge appeared, drinking a can of root beer.

“What? You started the party without me?” Hodgepodge asked, letting out a burp and devouring the can like a goat would.

“Why are you here?” Hughes asked, a look of annoyance on his face, “This is between me and Jason!”

“I’m a pure manifestation of chaos,” Hodgepodge responded, reclining in a pool chair. “Make me leave.”

Jason sighed to himself, shaking his head. “I knew this place was going to make me crazy...” He magicked up a bottle of whiskey, downing it as he listened to the two bicker back and forth.

****

Fluttershy hummed to herself as she fed the various animals around her cottage, exchanging greetings with them. She was about to answer when a loud snarl caught her attention. Her newest arrival, a strange rocky dog creature, was currently growling at a fox, trying to steal its meal.

“Now that isn’t very nice,” Fluttershy said, getting between the two. “There is plenty of food to go around,” she said, making sure that the fox got his meal.

The creature snarled at her, looking like it was getting ready to pounce.

“Oh my, they didn’t feed you?” Fluttershy gasped, pulling the surprised beast into a hug. “Come on, let’s get you something to eat.” She let go of the creature, leading it into her cottage. “I have some fish, if thats ok with you.” With a quick nod from the canine, Fluttershy retrieved a fish and offered it to the creature.

It took the fish, starting to wolf it down. Once finished, it licked its lips, letting out a contented trill.

“Oh my, you were hungry,” Fluttershy said, blinking. “Oh um... can I ask what your name is?”

The creature growled, sitting on its haunches.

“Zed, I like that name,” Fluttershy smiled, grabbing a dog bowl and filling it with water. She placed it in front of Zed, smiling as she started to lap it up. “What are you going to do now?”

Zed paused for a moment before giving her version of a shrug.

“Well, I could help you find a new owner,” Fluttershy offered with a smile. “I take care of all the animals here in Ponyville, and that includes helping them find good homes.”

Zed tilted her head, letting out a short growl.

“Oh well... my friends and I already have pets, but I had somepony in mind already,” she said, giving Zed a smile. “I was thinking you’d be a great match for Jason,”

Zed stiffened up, letting out a loud growl.

“Now, now, it was just a suggestion,” Fluttershy said with a calm even tone, “You two have a lot in– eep!” she squeaked out as Zed pounced on her, knocking her to the side – only for a spear to slam into the floor where she had been standing a second before.

“W-what?” Fluttershy muttered out, vaguely aware as Zed moved off of her, assuming a protective stance in front of the timid pegasus.

“Well, looks like you were right,” an armored pony spoke, stepping inside the cottage. “Come on beastie, the king wants his prized pet back.” Several other ponies walked in, holding various weapons.

Zed growled, baring her fangs at them.

“Now beastie, we can do this the easy way or the hard way,” the lead knight said, taking a step forward.

Zed stood her ground. The Nemetrix activated, transforming her into a large, red furred, saber toothed cat. She grabbed Fluttershy’s tail and tossed her onto her back with a squeak before barreling through the knights and out the door.

“After them!” one of the knights shouted, chasing them into town.

***
“I think we should give all your Equestrian forms celebrity names,” Hodgepodge said, currently eating the pages of a People magazine like one would eat a bag of chips.

“Why?” Jason asked, tilting his head. It was hard to tell how long he had been in his weird head-space, time seemed to be non-existent here.

“Why not? I already have the voice of Christopher Walken.”

“Why do you have the voice of Christopher Walken?” Hughes asked, crossing his arms as he looked at the annoying creature.

“I dunno, I just do,” Hodgepodge said, shrugging his shoulders.

“How long have we been here?” Jason asked, sitting up from his couch. “I really, really, really don’t want to deal with you idiots anymore.”

“How rude!” Hodgepodge said, looking offended. “And I’ve taken time out of my busy schedule to keep you company and you just insult me. For shame Jason!”

“Oh shut up!” Jason shouted, tossing the couch at him, only for it to go through him.

“Jason...” Chrysalis’s voice slowly drifted through the endless void. “Jason please, you have to wake up!”

“Well, thats your cue kid!” Hodgepodge said, floating over to him, “Now you be careful out there, don’t get killed and make sure you give Chrysalis a big kiss for me!” he ordered before grabbing Jason and tossing him up into the air.

Jason groaned as he opened his eyes, his vision focusing on a very relieved Chrysalis. “Hey babe... whats up?”

“Oh thank Faust!” Chrysalis shouted, pulling him into a tight hug. “I thought you were never. going to wake up.”

“Hey uh, Chrissy,” Jason started, frowning a little. “Why are we in the hive?”

“It wasn’t safe there anymore,” she said looking away, “We had to bring everypony here when we evacuated the town.”

“Wait what!” He looked at her, shock evident on his face. “Why the hell did you evacuate Ponyville!?”

“Those knights that attacked you,” Chrysalis looked back at him, a worried look on her muzzle, “They launched a full scale rebellion several days ago. I managed to get you and the town into the hive before anypony could get hurt.”

Jason just stared at her, shaking his head. This wasn’t happening, it just couldn’t be.

PreviousChapters Next