• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,395 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,395

PreviousChapters Next
The Forever Knight Rebellion part 1

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait for this chapter, and the fact that it's rather short. The next one will be longer, this I swear! Also have some art! Done by fellow author, Jsyrin.

-Several Days earlier-

Fluttershy hung on for dear life as Zed tore down the path towards Ponyville. The young pegasus could swear that she heard her heart beating in her ears. Behind them, the group of armored ponies galloped in an effort to catch up with them, though Zed seemed to be able to stay ahead of them.

Fluttershy let out a sigh of relief as the town came into view, though she didn’t lessen her grip on Zed’s fur. “H-help!” she managed to call out, her eyes wide, voice trembling.

“Fluttershy dear, whatever is the matter?” Discord asked, appearing next to her, keeping pace with Zed easily. “So ponies giving you trouble, eh?” he asked looking over his shoulder. The commotion had drawn quite the concerned crowd, the townsponies murmuring amongst themselves.

Zed slowed herself, turning to face their pursuers. She growled, baring her fangs at the knights.

“Just relax, Fuzzball,” Discord said, floating between the knights and the others, “I’ll take care of these ruffians!” he announced loudly enough for the whole town to hear. It wasn’t really that hard, just to get rid of a few troublesome ponies, but he had to play it up, if only to make up for his loss to that pretender Hodgepodge.

“I don’t believe you will,” another voice broke in, drawing everyone's attention. The speaker was a hooded pony, his face painted up like a skull.

“And just who are you, my macabre friend?” Discord asked, tilting his head to the side. There was something off about this pony – at least, that was what his instincts were screaming at him. “I don’t believe we’ve met before.”

“They call me Hex, and we are not friends,” the pony answered as he took out a small stone. “In fact, I’m more akin to a nightmare.” He grinned as the stone glowed then fired a beam of energy at Discord.

“That tickles,” Discord chuckled before his face contorted in pain, “W-what are you doing to me!?” He seized up in pain, his body feeling like it was on fire.

“I am stealing your power, Lord of Chaos.” Hex smirked as the gathered ponies looked on in horror, “We can’t have you ruining our plans. Don’t worry, we’ll put your powers to good use.” With that, Discord let out a final scream of pain, before exploding into energy, which the stone absorbed greedily.

“D-dissy...” Fluttershy squeaked out, her eyes wide and her fear utterly forgotten. “Dissy!” she screamed before bursting into tears.

“I don’t know what you just did but you better return Discord to us!” Twilight shouted, flying out of the crowd. “I order you, as a Princess of Equestria, to release Discord!”

“I don’t answer to you, Twilight Sparkle,” Hex snorted, glaring at her. “Though I am glad you saved me the trouble of seeking you out myself.” He channeled his magic through the stone, firing a spell at Twilight. It caught her before she could react, and both her wings and her horn vanished.

“W-what did you do to me?” Twilight asked, looking herself over, eyes wide with panic.

“I merely stripped you of the title you didn’t deserve,” Hex smirked, before getting knocked off his hooves by a blast of green magic.

“What are you waiting for?” Slash asked, jumping in front of Twilight, “Evacuate the village! Tell Chrysalis to get Jason,” he ordered, glaring at her as she just stood there, “Go!” he shouted at her. She jumped a bit, snapping out of her funk.

“Everypony, quickly, head toward the old castle!” she commanded, pointing toward the Everfree, “It’s the only chance we have,” she turned to Rainbow Dash, who had taken to comforting Fluttershy. “Rainbow, I know you're worried about Fluttershy but I need you to go get Chrysalis, she’s still at the hospital with Jason.”

Rainbow sighed, pulling away from the sobbing mess that was Fluttershy. “Yeah, I got ya egghead. You just stay safe, okay?” she said before taking off into the sky. Twilight turned to watch Slash fighting off a few knights before following the rest of the townsponies into the forest.


Meanwhile, at Canterlot

“Blueblood, this had best be important, I wish to get to bed,” Luna complained, gazing at her nephew, “I swear to Faust if this is about some illegitimate foal...” she snorted, hardening her gaze into a glare.

“You wound me dear aunt,” Blueblood pouted, sounding hurt, “Do you really think so low of me?”

Luna just sighed as they entered his room, though she raised her eyebrow at the purple unicorn mare that was waiting for them.

“Greetings princess,” the mare said with a smirk on her face, “It’s so nice to meet you, I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time.”

“Who are you?” Luna asked, her instincts screaming at her to get away, though she ignored them.

“I am Charmcaster, and I’m the last pony you're ever going to see!” the smaller mare shouted, brandishing a dagger as she lunged forward. Luna reacted too slowly, crying out in pain as the blade cut across her eye.

“You insolent whelp! You dare attack me!?” she demanded, spreading her wings out to their fullest. She charged her horn, only to have the magic dissipate as she felt a sharp pain in her flank. She looked behind her, staring dumbly at the knife sticking out of her cutie mark. Blueblood had used Charmcaster’s attack as a chance to inflict his own attack. Luna’s eyes widened as the flesh around the knife started to turn to stone. “B-Blueblood, what have you done?” she asked, the petrification already finished with the rear half of her body.

“I am sorry dear Aunty, but you never would have given up your rule voluntarily, so we had to get you out of the way,” the prince said with a remorseful look as the petrification effect traveled up her neck. “Don’t worry, you’ll be taking Discord’s place in the castle gardens. I’m sure the little foals will love you.”

“Blueblood you trait-” Luna start only to be cut off as the transformation completely covered her.

Blueblood sighed as he looked over his handiwork, beckoning to summon some servants. “Take this to the gardens, and if so much as a single piece breaks off, so does your head!” he shouted as they moved the statue out of the room.

“That went smoothly,” Charmcaster commented, stowing her dagger away in her bag, “We should meet up with His Majesty quickly, once I activate the mental conditioning, it won’t be long before one of the servants reports us.”

“Then let’s move,” Blueblood said, trotting out of the room with Charmcaster on his heels. It didn’t take long for them to meet up with the Forever King, his body encased in glorious, and rather intimidating, silver and black armor. His breast plate bore their order’s crest while his helmet obscured his face with a red visor, topping off the look with a pair of horns, one on either side of his own horn.

“I trust Luna has been dealt with?” the king asked, turning his attention to Blueblood and Charmcaster, “We can have no mistakes.”

“Of course, my liege,” Charmcaster bowed, “As per your orders, Princess Luna has been petrified and is being transported to the gardens as we speak.”

“Good, then it is time, activate your spell,” the king ordered, watching with a hidden smirk as Charmcaster unleashed her spell. Throughout the castle, guards fell under her sway. In the throne room, those protecting Celestia turned on her, pointing their spears at her.

“What is the meaning of this?” Celestia demanded, filled with a mix of confusion and anger, “How would you turn your weapons upon your own princess?”

“Allow me to answer that,” the Forever King announced as he trotted into the throne room, Blueblood and Charmcaster flanking him, with most of the rest of the castle guards following behind them, “They are currently under my control, Celestia.”

“And just who are you?” she asked as calmly as ever, carefully eyeing the crowd of ponies before her.

“I am the Forever King, and I am here to take the rule of Equestria for myself,”

“Just what makes you think you can do such a thing?”

“Currently, all other threats to my rule are gone. Twilight Sparkle has been reduced to an earth pony, Discord is destroyed, and your dear sister Luna is naught more than a statue.” the King explained, a hint of pride in his voice. “Even more, that fool Jason is in a coma, I could not ask for more success. Now, you will abdicate your throne to me, or I will order my knights to destroy the statue that is your sister.”

“You wouldn’t dare!” Celestia shouted, her eyes going wide at the mere thought.

“I would and I will, now give me the throne or Luna will die.” The king spoke with an even, cold tone, meeting Celestia’s gaze.

Celestia took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She got to her hooves, moving over to the King, prostrating herself in front of him. “I, Princess Celestia, hereby abdicate the throne of Equestria,” she touched her head to the floor in submission.

“Good,” he said, using his magic to lift the crown from her head, tossing it to the side. “Charmcaster, if you wouldn’t mind.”

Charmcaster nodded, levitating a long pointed object out of her bag. She moved it over to Celestia, sliding it over the alicorn’s horn. Once it was on completely, it glowed for a second, causing Celestia to flinch.

“This magic suppressor was made just for you, it will allow you to summon magic to move the sun and moon but for no other purpose,” the King explained, moving past Celestia, taking his place on her throne. “Blueblood, escort Celestia to her quarters. Charmcaster, relay the order to all our forces! Equestria now belongs to the Forever King! Begin the Purge immediately!” he bellowed, reclining on his new throne. Everything had gone off without a hitch.

PreviousChapters Next