• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,432 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,432

PreviousChapters Next
And Now For Something Completely Different

Author's Note:

The first of the crossovers I have planned. Be sure to check out DJSkywalker726's story "Ten Against One."

Deep inside the friendship palace, a void of darkness opened, tendrils lashing out at the air. It deposited its passenger, a rather roughed up human male before it closed, leaving its stain on the surrounding area.

The young man groaned, getting to his feet, trying to ignore the pounding in his head. “Twilight? Applejack? Anyone?” he called out, frowning at his unfamiliar surroundings. “Great. Where the hell did that jackass send me?” he grumbled, continuing on his way. He blinked, exiting out into a hallway, his eyes drawn to the crystal walls.

“Ummm... hello?” he called out, frowning when only the echo of his voice replied back to him. “Ok... let’s see if we can speed this up...” he popped up the dial of the Omnitrix, giving it a spin and pressing it down on the desired alien. Almost instantly, he was replaced by a grey ghost, one wandering eye gazing around.

“Always wanted to try Ghostfreak,” he thought to himself as he floated down the hallway, phasing through several walls on his journey. He went undisturbed, eventually winding up in a foyer. Just as he was about to phase through the door, it opened. He floated there dumbly as Twilight walked in, accompanied by a foal and two ponies he didn’t know, one of them wearing the Omnitrix. He remained floating there, just staring at them.

“Umm... what?” he managed to say, thoroughly lost.

Twilight and the unknown unicorn stood staring blankly at him, while the foal fainted dead away and the pegasus was staring at him in horror. “Nyx!” Twilight yelled, jumping to help the foal.

“H-how...” and then the pegasus stallion fainted back, the unicorn catching him.

“Twilight, where the hell are we?” the ghostly being asked, snapping out of his stupor.

“Um... do I know you?” Without warning, the pegasus stallion awakened, jumping in front of Twilight and the foal in a defensive stance.

“Stay away from them Ghostfreak, or else!” he growled.

“Ok, i’m getting really weirded out here,” Ghostfreak said, holding his hands up.

“I will not fall for your tricks!” the stallion yelled.

“Look, I just woke up in your Fortress of Solitude knock off, ok so lay off,” he retorted, narrowing his eye.

“Heeeyyy, what’s wrong with my castle?” Twilight huffed.

“Yeah, this is a nice castle, much better than the one my sisters had in the Everfree that’s for sure,” the stallion muttered.

“Ok look, let’s all just calm down here,” Ghostfreak said, putting his hands up again. His eyes widened as his Omnitrix started to glow red, accompanied by a beeping sound. “Oh come on!” he shouted, reverting back to his human form.

The ponies stared in surprise at the human, until the stallion started laughing. “Ohoho, whew! Thank the gods! I was really getting worried there for a second!”

“Another human?!” said the mint green unicorn. “Sorry, but I’ve already got one.” She looks at the stallion and licks her lips.

“I need an adult!”

“I’m an adult.”

“Not you!” He picks up Twilight and the foal and places them between him and the unicorn. “Nope!”

The new human wasn’t exactly paying them much attention, nursing a wound on his shoulder. Several others were visible on his body, along with a few bruises. “Can I get some help here?”

Surprisingly, it’s the stallion that moves forward, looking at the wounds with narrowed eyes. “Hmm, stab wound, not mortal, but is definitely gonna need some stitches. Twilight, can you go get the first aid kit? We need to treat this before it gets infected.”

“Um, alright Ben, if you say so.” She disappeared instantly in a bright magenta flash, returning a moment later with a kit. The stallion takes it in his hooves and begins rifling through its contents.

“Now,” he said, pulling out some rubbing alcohol and a swab, “this is gonna sting like a mofo, so be prepared.”

“Just get it over with,” the human responded, wincing a bit.

The stallion began to clean the wound, the human wincing from the stinging alcohol. “This is only the cleaning, the stitches will be much worse. Trust me, been there, done that, never wanted to go back, but still did.”

“Oh I know,” he responded, clenching his fists. “I am so claiming that guy’s sword.”

“Thought this kind of wound looked familiar. Haven’t been stabbed with a sword in ages myself, but I’m not complaining.” He hands the human a towel, a needle and thread in his hooves. “Bite down hard, no sense in biting your tongue off.”

“Thanks,” he said biting on to it, nodding his head. He closed his eyes, bracing for the pain.

As the stallion sewed up the wound, Twilight had a question, having moved the still unconscious filly to her back. “You’ve been stabbed with a sword?”

“Why would anypony want to stab my Benny with a sword?!” the unicorn stated, sounding aghast.

“When you’re in the royal family and go around advocating peace in troubled times, you tend to make enemies. There were many times before that, but it happened a lot more frequently in my later years. Aaaaand done!” the stallion finished, biting off the thread. “That’s the best I can do with a simple first aid kit, so you might want to see a real doctor at some point, just to be safe.”

“Thanks,” he said after spitting the towel out. As he moved his arm around he said, “Twilight, I’m not exactly sure whats going on.”

“I get the feeling that I do,” said the stallion. He started moving further into the castle. “Come with me to the living room, we got some things to discuss.”

“As long as I don’t get stabbed again we’re golden,” the human said, following after the stallion and looking around. Twilight and the unicorn followed as they moved into a very comfortable little den. The girls took the couch while the stallion and the human took two very comfortable chairs.

“Alright, so where do we begin with you, human?” asked Twilight.

“My name is Jason, Twilight, seriously?” Jason asked, crossing his arms with a wince.

“I’m sorry, but the only human I know is sitting in the other chair.”

“That doesn’t make any sense, you let me spend the night in the library. Hell, my alicorn form is based off your DNA,” he said, raising an eyebrow.

“Um, that’s impossible. My library was destroyed over two weeks ago.”

“It’s true! Plus if there was another human before my Benny, then I would have known about it!” stated the unicorn.

“I can prove it.” Jason said, popping up the dial of his Omnitrix before pushing it down. “Star Ocean!” he shouted, now in the form of an alicorn. “Forgive the name...I need to think of a better one.”

“Wow!” the unicorn beamed. “Hey Benny, that one looks and works different from yours!”

“Yes, Lyra,” ‘Benny’ sighed, “that’s because it’s an earlier model. An imperfect one at that.”

“It’s been working fine for me,” Jason responded, a frown on his muzzle.

“Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be rude, just wasn’t a big fan of the original Omnitrix. Personally, I prefer its recalibrated state from the second series, but working with the finished model is much more beneficial.”

“Well you keep your tacky-ass iPhone model,” Jason retorted, glaring at him.

“Jason, you are a guest in my house and I would appreciate it if you would not use such crude language in front of my daughter, even if she is unconscious at the moment.”

“When did you even get a kid!?” he asked, clearly getting worked up.

“That’s not the point at the moment,” the stallion interrupted. “What is the point is what you are doing here, Jason. I was already under the impression that there are a lot of us out there, but I was not expecting contact with another of our kind so soon after my previous one.”

“What are you on about? Contact with who and what's with this us thing?” Jason asked, tilting his head.

“Ah, so I’m your first human after traveling to Equestria, that puts things in better perspective... and I know you have questions Twilight, but I promise to explain everything to you later on.” Twilight closed her mouth, looking slightly embarrassed and disappointed. “So allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ben 10 and, like yourself, I am a Displaced.”

“You’re Ben 10?” Jason asked, his left eye twitching. “Sure why not, I’ve already run into Ansem, Xemnas and the damned Arishok! Who next? General Zod, Rita Repulsa! Freaking Vilgax!?” he demanded, slamming his hooves on the table. While the girls looked frightened by the burst of anger, Ben simply chuckled a little.

“It seems your world has been visited by several Displaced. That is certainly surprising. And no, I’m not the Ben 10. I was simply cosplaying him at Comic-Con before I made a deal that ended me up here. My name was already Ben and for reasons you don’t need to know I already had the ten, so bingo bango here we are five thousand years later.”

Jason took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. “Sorry about that... my life has just gotten really insane the last few days... “

Ben nodded sagely. “Ah, so you have only recently been displaced. I remember back when I first got sent here. Those were not happy times, especially with all the hell I’ve had to put up with. But after several millennia this place grows on ya.”

“Thats just dandy... “ Jason said sighing. “Wait... I remember you,” Jason said, pointing at the unicorn.

“Huh?”

“You were at that party Pinkie threw for me. You took one look at me and shouted ‘I knew it!’”

“...I don’t follow.”

“Don’t mind it, Lyra,” Ben said. “You must understand, Jason, you are not on the Equestria you know anymore. This one has only ever had one human inhabitant and that is me, has been that way for five thousand years and I intend to keep it that way. But from the sound of it, I feel I should warn you that Lyra will no doubt cause you some grief, I know she is for me.”

“You will fall for my affection!”

“We only just met!”

“Don’t care, you are this world’s only human and I’m its only anthropologist. We are destined for each other! Plus, have you seen yourself?!” Lyra puts on a sultry look. “Damn, boy you sexy.”

“Ok... that’s just weird.” Jason said shaking his head. He tapped the Omnitrix, blinking when he ended up as a Qunari. ”Huh, didn’t expect to use this one for a while.”

Ben looked at Jason strangely. “What the hell is that thing?”

“A Qunari. The Omnitrix scanned him when he stabbed me. I wonder if yours can scan this form?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ben shook his head. “No thank you. That thing is creepy lookin’. I’ve already got way too many problems as it is without forms like that.”

“Your loss,” Jason said shrugging. “How are you still transformed?”

“Form lock. Remember, I’ve had years to mess with this watch. Voice commands finally kicked in after about fifty years, and the lock code didn’t come forward until after my second century.”

“You're serious?” Jason asked, giving him a flat look.

Ben smirked. “Kid, you can’t make this shiz up! I’ve seen some things man, and some stuff. I wouldn’t recommend it!”

Jason just rolled his eyes, his Omnitrix timing out. “I’ll need to look into that when I get back.”

Ben smiled at him, placing his hoof to his Omnitrix. “Omnitrix, disengage form lock, code 1010.” A second later, Ben was consumed by green light. What emerged was what appeared to be the famous hero from the second series. “Ah, it feels good to stretch the fingers. You never miss the little things until you can’t do them anymore.”

“So you got stuck looking like Ben?” Jason asked, looking him over. “That has to suck.”

“No, my old life sucked. You try being an orphan on the streets with a terrible mental condition. This place has done wonders for me!”

“I was talking about being stuck as someone else. I don’t think I could do that,” Jason said with a shiver.

Ben simply shrugged. “Believe it or not, I actually looked like this back on earth. Messy brown hair, green eyes, the only thing I’ve been stuck with is the costume, which is awesome by the way. You’re letting life get you down too much dude, ya gotta relax and let things settle a little bit.”

“Yeah, you try doing that when thing from your childhood try and kill you.”

“I don’t follow.”

“I take it you’re not a gamer?”

“Street orphan usually confined to a psych ward, hello! The only thing I knew about culture was Cartoon Network and to stay away from Lady Gaga and if I ever saw Justin Beiber, shoot him down.”

“Sorry...”Jason said, rubbing his neck, making his shoulder length hair sway a bit.

“Don’t sweat it, do you see me upset? Pssh, that was a long time ago, and it was nice after a certain point. I’m just happy to be alive.”

“Ah, happiness is a choice and all that nonsense?” Jason asked

“Hey, when all you’ve known is depression, you just gotta live life to the fullest, even if it’s an immortal one. That’s how I live, and that’s how my sisters live, or at least how I taught them to.”

“Wait, you're immortal?” Jason asked in disbelief.

“Were you not paying attention to the fact that I’ve been here for five thousand years? Magic, man, it does wonders.”

“To be honest... I zone in and out of conversations... it’s a leftover from my ADHD.”

“Ah, yes, ADHD, what I wouldn’t have given for such a simple mental disorder way back when. It would have made things so much simpler.”

“Well um... what do we do now?” Jason asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

“Now? Now we get something to eat. No sense working on anything on an empty stomach. Anyone know how to cook?”

“Me! Me! Me! I’ll do it! I’ll do it!” Lyra proclaimed while bouncing in her seat. Ben looked worried, but his stomach won out.

“Fine, but make it simple, please?”

“No problem my Benny boo!” She walked off towards the kitchen, a new spring her step. Ben, however, was just shaking his head in defeat.

Twilight gave him a small smile before getting up herself. “I’m going to go put Nyx to bed, I’ll be back in a moment.”

“Sure thing, Twilight. So, Jason, do you have any questions?”

“I take it your pony forms aren’t based on Twilight and her friends?” Jason asked, leaning back in his seat.

Ben shook his head. “No, I’ve had my three forms for years, though I mostly stick to using the pegasus form.”

“I scanned Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Twilight. Don’t have a unicorn yet.”

“Interesting. For me, alicorn DNA is out of the question. My sisters are made entirely of magic, instead of normal DNA, and Twilight seems to be unscannable otherwise the watch should have already done so. My guess is that it’s because she was originally a unicorn and becoming an alicorn didn’t change her on that kind of level.”

“Makes sense. Though they all think I’m related to them now. AppleJack all but forced me to move in with her family.”

“That’s certainly a new take on scanning,” Ben laughed out. “I’ve only just met the girls, but I’ve already become their slave.”

“Applebloom convinced me to go to her school’s family day, did not end well.”

“Now you have me curious,” Ben said leaning in a little closer.

“Well this pink filly kept insulting me. I ignored it but I got Rath instead of Lodestar and I think you can imagine the rest.”

Ben shuddered. “You have no idea. Be glad you can control him. It’s not that great when you can’t.”

“Oh that reminds me, did you scan Discord?”

“No, and I don’t want to! That guy was nothing but trouble back in the day. I know the girls say he’s reformed, but I’m not putting any faith into it until I see it for myself. Besides, he knows not to mess with us!”

“He sounds like the guy who played Q on The Next Generation. Can’t remember the guy’s name though. It’s John something...”

“Again, you’re looking at the wrong dude for that kind of info. Television was a treat for me, and I demand to this day that the guy who said I should be allowed two hours of Cartoon Network a day should be given a big ol’ cookie! Other than that, I didn’t have much to go on. I did not have a privileged childhood. I had one filled with doctors, both physical and mental.”

“So... do you know what happened to the library?” Jason asked, changing the subject.

“Twilight told me it was destroyed by the demon Tirek. I remember my sisters telling me of him, but I never expected he would ever try to take over Equestria, let alone twice.”

“So, should I expect him to show up?”

“Dunno, I’ve only just been freed from imprisonment myself.”

“Thats helpful,” Jason said, rolling his eyes.

“Well sorry for being a statue for four thousand years! You want someone to blame, blame my sisters!”

“You know, on that note, I don’t think Luna likes me.”

“How so? I don’t know what your Luna is like, but if she’s anything like my sister then she’s normally nice to everyone, even if she can come off as a little harsh.”

“She came to the library decked out in black armor. I swear she’s looking for an excuse to hit me with that hammer.”

“Hmm, odd, but Luna always did have an itchy trigger finger. Even if she doesn’t have fingers or know what a trigger is. The only advice I can give you is don’t give her reason to bash your brains out. That’s about all I can offer man.”

“Thanks. Good lord, what is taking her so long with that food?” Jason asked, looking toward the kitchen with a frown

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” Lyra yelled as she walked in with a few plates, Twilight following behind with two more. “I hope you both like spaghetti, it’s my specialty! Bon appetite!” Ben and Jason both took their plates, taking a bite each.

“Wow, Lyra this is really good!” Ben said before stopping. He slammed a hand to his head. “Dang it! I almost forgot!” He got up and walked over to the fireplace, which was still burning from the earlier morning. Using his fork, Ben scraped off a little bit of food into the fire, muttering something as he did so. He returned to his seat and dug into his meal with fervor.

“What are you doing?” Jason asked, not bothering to swallow his food.

“A little sacrifice to the gods. Keeps me in their favor.”

“Personally, I worship Odin,” Jason admitted with a nod.

“Interesting. I’ve had some... experiences with the Greeks so I kinda picked up on a few of their traditions. A little sacrifice is a good way to keep yourself in their favor. I will swear that it’s the reason I’m still living to this point.”

“The Greek gods were a bunch of dicks. Don’t even get me started on what happened to Me--” Jason was interrupted as Ben shoved his hand over his mouth.

“Don’t bad mouth the gods! It doesn’t end well!” Ben shouted, a look of fear on his face.

“Oh please.The only god I fear is Loki.”

Ben leaned in to Jason’s ear and whispered. “Look, I don’t care if you don’t believe in them, but here... those gods are very much real! Do not test them or it will not end well for you. My... comrades have suffered their wrath before and I don’t want a fellow Displaced to have that kind of fate.”

“So wouldn’t that make Odin real as well?” Jason asked. “Why wouldn’t he intervene on my behalf?”

“Look, this ain’t some Percy Jackson shit where every god exists. Here, the entire world falls under Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, and the list goes on. You want Odin, you’re gonna have to find a world where he’s real. The other gods were very specific on that.”

“Why do I feel like I’m in a bad anime?” Jason asked groaning, slumping in his seat.

“Now you know how I felt around Umbra.”

“Umbra?”

“Right, sorry. Forgot I’m the first of our kind you’ve met. Umbra Shadow-Walker is, well, an admin for the multiverse. He visited me last night to explain the whole thing to me, basically there are a lot of schmucks out there who got beamed to Equestria, most them through the Merchant, like me. It’s a whole bunch of complicated stuff, there’s even a war brewing.”

“I bought this Omnitrix from a guy dressed as the Merchant.” Jason said looking at it. “Anyway, you were talking about a war?”

“Yes, it appears two Displaced, Auric Fulcrum and Teridax, have gotten into a full blown War of Understanding. Umbra recruited me and I’m currently awaiting Auric’s call for the war to begin. He said they could use all the help they could get and I offered my services.”

“Teridax... as in Bionicle?” Jason asked, looking up from his plate.

“That’s what it sounds like. I honestly have no idea what I’ve gotten myself into, but I promised to help and I’m not going back on my word. Auric seems to be the good guy in this fight, so I’ll be supporting him, along with Umbra and whoever else got shanghaied into this mess.”

“Well...I wouldn’t mind helping,” Jason said, taking another bite of his meal.

“I don’t think they would turn you down,” Ben said with a smile. Then he lifted up his Omnitrix and began to type in a series of commands. The watch lit up and a small ray of light formed a Plumber’s badge out of nothing. Ben grabbed it and threw over to Jason. “That’s my call sign, my totem if you will. When the call comes in I’ll relay the message to you. Two Bens are better than one, am I right?”

“That is true,” Jason said with a grin, putting the badge into one of his pockets. “Now I just need to figure out how to get home.”

“I think I may have a solution to that,” Twilight said as she put down her meal.

“Speak away o’ mare of science!” Ben announces, causing her to blush slightly.

“I think what we need is someone who understands the multiverse. Someone who Understands. Someone like...”

Ben visibly paled. “...I don’t know about that Twilight. Sure he’s a little easier to deal with than the others, but he’s still one of them.”

“You talking about Alien X?” Jason asked, raising an eyebrow.

“...Partially. Ok, let me level with you, Jason. See I have a... condition.”

“Go on.”

“Ever since the accident that took my parents, I’ve suffered from multiple personality disorder. Basically my mind is split with ten different personalities in my head, not including mine. I suffered on earth for years until I came to Equestria where the voices just stopped. It was then I found out that it had only gotten worse.”

Jason nodded, gesturing for him to go on.

“Like the original user of the watch, I started out with ten aliens. The only problem was, that transforming into them would strip me of my control. The voices took control of those original ten, making it, to this day, unsafe to use any of them.”

“Damn. I take it one of those was Ghostfreak?”

Ben paled slightly, but immediately hid it. “N-no, he’s not one of the voices. Alien X, Humungousaur, Big Chill, Echo Echo, Swampfire, Rath, Brainstorm, Goop, Chromastone, and Cannonbolt are unusable by me.”

“I can’t imagine being stuck like that,” Jason said, shaking his head.

Ben nodded. “Thankfully, the voices are unable to access the form lock, so they are restricted to the fifteen minute time-out.”

“I could try going Alien X.”

“In all honesty, though I won’t like it, it should be me that does it. Yours would probably be unable to move and you’ll be stuck bickering with the two voices inside the Celestialsapien. My Alien X does not appear to be restricted as such and he usually does the right thing. I think we should trust this to Voiceless.”

“If you say so dude,” Jason said with a nod, watching him.

Ben stood up and took a deep breath, letting out slowly. “Okay, here goes nothing.” He dials in the alien on the holographic interface, the face plates slides back revealing the power core and Ben pushes it down into the watch. Immediately Ben begins to spasm in pain, clutching his head as the light overtakes him. When they look again, Ben had been replaced by a slender, humanoid figure that looked like space in human form.

The figure began to look about the room as if taking everything in. Then his eyes meet Jason, still not saying a single word. He points at Jason and beckons him forward.

“Well, it was nice to meet you guys,” Jason said gulping, moving toward the figure.

Voiceless turns away from him, lifting up a white hand and making a circular motion. He pushes his hand forward and a large white circular outline floats away, stopping a few feet from them. The innards of the outline begin to turn into a swirling vortex that grows to the size of a human. Alien X stands aside to allow Jason through.

“It was nice meeting you Jason,” called Twilight.

“Good luck, other human!” Lyra said.

“Maybe we’ll meet again!” he called back, though Alien X stops him just as he approached the portal. He points at Jason’s Omnitrix, motioning for him to let Voiceless see it. Jason warily lifts his wrist and Voiceless grabs on to his arm. He moves his hand to the Omnitrix and began to type in a command. Once it was complete, the watch lit up.

Voice command module activated.

“That is just awesome,” he said with a grin, nodding in thanks.

Voiceless bowed his head slightly before releasing Jason’s wrist. He steps back and nods toward the portal.

“Well, seeya guys, tell Ben it was nice meeting him!” Jason shouted before jumping into the portal. He vanished in a flash, the portal closing behind him.

PreviousChapters Next