• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,428 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,428

PreviousChapters Next
Royal Announcements

“Jason, please pay attention!” Twilight snapped, scowling. “This is very important!”

“All you’re going to do is tell me how to make a speech. Trust me, that ain’t gonna work. I did a semester of Public Speaking and all I managed to get was a C,” Jason said with a roll of his eyes, tinkering with a device on his left wrist.

“What is that thing, Jay?” Applejack asked, ignoring the glare she got from Twilight. “You’ve been messing with it since we left.”

“Well, Gilgamesh had this thing that let him play music whenever he wanted so, I figured I’d make one of my own.”

“How exactly DID you make it?” Rarity asked, looking at the device curiously.

“I turned into Grey Matter and just sorta made it,” Jason said with a shrug. “Don’t ask me how, I don’t understand even half of what I do as Grey Matter.”

“So does it work?” Dash asked, not looking away from her ‘Daring Do’ book.

“Only one way to find out,” Jason stated, pressing a few buttons. Hearing the strumming of a guitar, followed by sounds of a cowbell, he smirked. “My lovely friends we do indeed have more cowbell!” he exclaimed, grinning like a mad man.

“Is... is that actual human music?” Twilight asked, her eyes widening as her annoyance was forgotten, to be replaced with intrigue.

“Yes it is, my dear Twilight. You’re now listening to Blue Oyster Cult’s ‘Don’t Fear the Reaper.’”

“Oh my,” Fluttershy spoke up, frowning at the name. “Why is everypony scared of the Reaper?”

“Well, the Grim Reaper is one of the more popular human representations of death. He’s normally depicted as a human skeleton wearing a tattered black cloak and wielding a scythe. His job is to see the souls of the dead off to their final resting place.”

“Do you believe in this ‘Grim Reaper?’” Rarity asked, a bit put off by the idea.

“Nah, I believe in the Valkyries. Warrior angels that come down from Asgard and take the spirits of fallen warriors to Valhalla,” Jason explained, leaning back in his seat. He looked out the window, watching as various scenery rushed past.

“So,” Rarity said, clearing her throat. “How are things going between you and Chrysalis?” she asked, hoping to change the subject to something less morbid.

“Well... we’re doing alright...” Jason mumbled, rubbing his neck. “I don’t think she understands how to date someone that isn’t a changeling.”

“What do you mean? Are you two fighting?” Rarity asked, moving from her seat, getting uncomfortably close to Jason. “You simply must tell me!”

“Umm... we’re not as much fighting as well... Chrysalis is trying to court me as a changeling king and not as a human,”

“Oh I can understand that,” Fluttershy said, a soft smile gracing her muzzle. “Discord can get like that sometimes... eep!” She lost her smile as everyone in the train car began staring at her.

“Fluttershy, is there something you want to tell us?” Twilight asked, eyebrow raised.

“Yeah, are you and Discord bumping hooves?” Dash asked, finally looking away from her book.

“Rainbow Dash,” Rarity berated, giving the pegasus a stern look. “There is no need for such crude language.” She cleared her throat, turning to Fluttershy. “Now Fluttershy dear, are you and Discord...” she paused gesturing with her hoof, “seeing each other?”

Fluttershy blushed, doing her best to hide behind her mane. “Um... y-yes...” she whispered, trembling a bit.

“Ok,” Jason said, clapping his hands. “Let’s not give Fluttershy an anxiety attack, ok?” He gave the other girls meaningful looks. “I realize that they are a um... weird couple but it’s their business.”

“Oh my gosh! Fluttershy has a special somepony!?” Pinkie Pie shouted, bursting into the train car, her eyes wide. She dashed over to the timid mare, getting in close enough for their muzzles to touch. “Why didn’t you tell me?! Now I need to throw you a belated ‘Congratulations for getting a special somepony’ party!”

“Calm down there Pinkie!” Applejack grabbed the pernicious pink party pony, pulling her away. “Fluttershy must’a had a good reason for not tellin’ us.”

Fluttershy was spared from having to answer, as the train slowed, pulling into the train station.

“Hey girls, I’ll meet you at the castle,” Jason said, getting up. “Omnitrix, Ghostfreak.” Following the familiar green flash, he was replaced with the ghastly visage of Ghostfreak. He saluted the girls, turning invisible before floating off toward the castle.

After about a half hour of wandering the hallways, Jason finally managed to find the throne room. The others were already there, looking rather miffed. “Hey everybody I’m here,” Jason said, making himself visible and waving at them. He touched the Omnitrix, returning to normal.

“Good, the guest of honor is here,” Celestia said, giving Jason a smile, while Twilight glared at him in irritation.

“Yeah... still not sure this is a good idea...” Jason said, giving Celestia a frown. “I mean... I suck at speeches and well... I have issues with crowds.”

“You be fine Jason,” Luna said, walking into the room. “You faced down Sir Gilgamesh, speaking to a crowd is hardly an equal challenge.”

“Yeah Jay, besides, you’ll have us to back you up,” Rainbow said, grinning.

“That doesn’t make me feel any better,” Jason mumbled, running a hand through his hair. “Where is Chrysalis anyway?”

“Chrysalis will be joining us shortly. As I understand, she’s making some short term adjustments to her hive,” Celestia replied, walking over to him. “Do not worry Jason, I know you can do this.”

“Hay yeah Jason! Ya’ll just have to believe in yerself.” Applejack said, pulling him into a hug. In a few seconds the rest of their little group joined in the group hug, despite Jason’s protests. The poor human just sighed, letting the ponies pile the love onto him while the princesses watched on in amusement.

***

“They really need to invent shaving cream here,” Jason complained as he walked out of the bathroom, running his hand over his now shaved face. He sat down on his bed, cracking his neck, followed by his back.

“Jason?” Chrysalis’s voice carried from the door, followed by a knock. “Are you in?”

“Yeah I’m here, come on in Chrissy.”

“Must you call me that?” she asked with a pout, trotting into the room. She took a place next to him, getting comfy.

“Your name is a mouthful and you know it,” he smirked, though after a moment his smirk faded. “Look Chrysalis, we need to talk.”

“About what?” she asked, a frown appearing on her face again. “Is something the matter?”

“Our relationship isn’t going to last if you keep treating me like a changeling,” he explained, looking into her eyes.

“But you are-”

“No,” he cut her off, getting in closer to her. “I am not a changeling King, I am a human male. I have different likes, needs and I find different things attractive. My point is, if you’re just going to treat me like a King and not take the time to get to know the real me, we’re done.”

Chrysalis went silent for a moment before letting out a long sigh. “You’re right Jason, I apologize. I will try to understand you better in the future, though it may help if I were to see what a human female looks like.”

Jason stared at her for a few moments before letting out a sigh. “That’s actually a pretty good point. This is going to be so damn weird. Omnitrix, Razor.” Taking on his changeling form, he took in a deep breath, letting himself be consumed in green flame, only to be replaced by a female version of his human self. “Now I know what Loki felt like...” he mumbled, glad he was able to conjure up some clothes.

“You realize I’m going to have to see under the clothes as well, yes?” Chrysalis asked rather innocently.

“That’s such a lie.”

“Oh come now Jason, I want to craft the perfect female form for you, so please, off with the clothes.”

Jason glared before letting out a sigh, “Fine, but if you tell anyone about this, the hive is going to need a new queen.”

Chrysalis just giggled to herself, watching as Jason removed his clothes.

***
“Thank you all for coming today,” Celestia said, looking along the table, giving the assembled ponies her best smile. “I have done as you requested and brought the male alicorn to Canterlot.”

“Good,” Firm Law, one of the more influential nobles spoke up. “Where is this alicorn?”

“He should be along any time now,” she said, perking up when the doors opened up. Jason walked in wearing rather imposing black and green armor, a rather irate Twilight trotting in after him.

“Good, we are all here,” Luna said from her spot between Cadence and Celestia.

“What is this... creature doing here?” Prince Blueblood asked, frowning at Jason. “I thought you said you brought the alicorn!”

“I did bring the alicorn,” Celestia said, calm as ever. “I take it you’ve heard of Jason’s shape-shifting device?”

“What are you implying?” Firm Law asked, narrowing his eyes.

“What she is implying is that, I am the alicorn,” Jason spoke up, crossing his arms. He locked gazes with Firm Law, resisting the urge to flip him off.

“Thats ridiculous! Thats like crowning a changeling merely because it can become an alicorn!” Law protested, banging a hoof on the table. “You’ve already invited those bugs into our nation and now this? Have you gone mad?!” Many of the nobles nodded in agreement, letting out angry murmurs.

ENOUGH!” Celestia roared, using the Royal Canterlot Voice. The table fell quiet, all eyes on the solar diarch. “Now then,” Celestia said, clearing her throat. “I realize my choice to treat with the changelings is controversial, but I believe I have made the right decision. As for my choice to make Jason a crown prince, need I remind you that alicorns have the right to rule by default?”

The nobles remained quiet, though many wore rather angry looks on their muzzles.

“Now let us discuss what Jason’s duties shall include,” Celestia began, though at this point, Firm Law stopped paying attention, he shot Jason a hateful glare. He remained silent for the rest of the meeting, silently exchanging looks with the human.

***

“Celestia has truly lost her mind!” Blueblood paced back and forth, ranting to the ponies gathered in the room. “What next? Is she going to let the minotaurs have a say in our affairs?!”

“Stop your whining Blueblood, we’re almost ready to make our move and once we do, he’ll no longer be a problem,” a slender unicorn spoke up. Her mane was a deep silver while her eyes burned a bright red. Her purple coat seemed to shimmer in the light.

“That’s Prince Blueblood to you!” the stallion snapped, focusing his rage at her, “You will treat me with respect!” He got up in her face, snorting.

“Blueblood, I suggest you settle down,” Firm Law said, cutting in before Blueblood set Charmcaster off. “Charmcaster is right, our plan is about to be set in motion,” Firm Law said, turning to the gathered ponies. “We stand to change Equestria! No longer will we live in the shadows, forced to tolerate those wretched creatures we call allies! We will retake Equestria for ponykind!” he shouted, to the thunderous stomping applause of the assembled ponies.

“Quite the speech Firm Law,” a new voice spoke up, causing the commotion to die down.

“Thank you my liege,” Firm Law said with a bow. “Our plan is nearly complete my lord, we simply await your orders.”

“Good,” The Forever King spoke, looking over his gathered subjects. “Charmcaster, you and your uncle will accompany our forces down to Ponyville. Our sources tell me that the Breezie migration will be passing through there in a few days, we shall strike while the town is distracted.”

“Yes, my lord,” Charmcaster said with a bow, “I will inform my uncle of this at once.”

“Good.” He turned to leave, but he hesitated. “One last thing, take our ‘pet’ with you, something tells me she’ll love the exercise.”

Author's Note:

Ugh, this chapter took forever to get out! Though can any of the guess who the Forever King is? Bet you can't! Anyways, get hype for the showdown of the century! Who will win the battle of chaos? Reigning champion Discord or the up and coming challenger Hodgepodge? Place your bets now!

PreviousChapters Next