• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,412 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,412

PreviousChapters Next
That Shadow Guy Who Sells Things

Author's Note:

A short chapter I know. Also, I am aware that this is the third crossover so far and I swear that after I get done with the Gilgamesh crossover, I'll put the crossovers off for a few chapters. For those that are not aware, this is a crossover with Jysrins Let's Just Say That Umbra Really Needs to Put a Lock on His Diary. Go read his stories, there great.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/202429/lets-just-say-that-umbra-really-needs-to-put-a-lock-on-his-diary

Also if it's not obivious, this takes place after the upcoming conclusion to the Gilgamesh crossover. I really hope it doesn't turn into a five parter....


As a point of interest, I’ve actually met two Omnitrix users before. One was the standard Ben 10, the other, a dude named Jason Hughes.

You all remember Ben, right? I sold him some stuff and pranked him?

Wait... that’s... a surprisingly large amount of people, now that I think about it.

Well, anyways, Jason.

Man, I don’t even know where to start with him, so I’ll start at the beginning.


So, there I was, cruising down the inter-dimensional ‘highways’, when all of a goddamn sudden, POOF, there’s a new Splinter Universe popping into my path.

“Wh- HOLY MOTHERF–!”

VWORPLE

That was the start. The prologue, if you will.

Now, Chapter One starts with me realizing that I forgot to auto-sync with the local timeline, so instead of appearing right when Jason did, I arrived a few weeks after he did.

Right after Gilgamesh popped in, actually.

You can imagine my surprise at seeing Ponyville completely totalled, but y’know, after a few millennia of existence, nothing really surprises you after a while. Except for the random crap that happens in the Void, because shit, man, that place is just... not at all predictable.

Ahem.

Well, there I was, sitting in the middle of the ruined street, not a soul for hundreds of feet. Well, okay, there was Derpy a few meters over, but she didn’t really notice me stuck in a shadow under some loose rubble.

‘Note to self: Read all of your updates, not just the urgent ones.’

Side note: I get memos every time someone makes a Splinter. Sometimes I pop into new timelines on accident because my flight path is on a direct collision course and I don’t notice in time.

I may be nigh omnipotent and omniscient, but I still fuck up every now and then.

Nobody’s perfect, not even Joey. Take that to heart, dear reader.

Side note two: There is no fourth wall.

AHEM

‘Okay, time to get up. Let’s see who’s Universe I crashed into... Jason Hughes, eh? Omnitrix? Sounds like Auric’s gettin’ a new recruit for his army.’

And with that, I pulled myself out of the shadow I was in, stretched out into a tall, nightmarishly thin, vaguely Slenderman-esque shape. Scaring people was always fun, no matter where I was.

And thus, I walked out into the ruined (But still busy) Ponyville streets, heading towards my destination uncaring of any other life form nearby. Where was I headed? The Library, of course.

And when I stepped out into daylight, the screams started.

And it was funny, though also annoying.


POV Shift: Jason Hughes, Wielder of the Omnitrix V1.0


“Jason you know that’s... uh really disturbing to watch right?” Twilight asked, watching as Jason, in the form of Upchuck, swallowed another pile of debris.

“Yeah, you keep telling me that. Would you rather me eat it all or have to move it yourself?” he asked, patting his pudgy belly. The alicorn went silent, looking away. “I didn’t think so,” he said, lashing out with his tongues, grabbing a cartwheel, pulling it into his gullet.

“Monster!” a scream called out, followed by the sounds of ponies screaming.

“Ugh what now?” he asked with a frown, spitting out his meal, now in the form of a green energy bolt. “Let’s go!” he commanded, jumping onto Twilight’s back.

“Hey!”

“Just go!”

The alicorn rolled her eyes before running toward the direction ponies were running from.

“Hey you!” he shouted at the intruder, some sort of shadow thing. “What business you got here? You're scaring the ponies!”

“Hmm...am I? Oh dear, I guess I chose the wrong form today, hm?” It spoke in a low, sibilant hiss, and chuckled, “Ah, I’m just foolin’ ya. Gimme a sec here, then we can make some proper introductions.” A sound not unlike a zipper whispered through the area, and when it ended, the shadow was noticeably more humanoid and had eyespots, “Ah, there we go. Ahem, my name is Umbra Shadow-Walker, Systems Administrator of this Multiverse Branch. You, my new friend, are Jason Hughes, Omnitrix Wielder; and judging by the residual Void energy floating around you have, one, been teleported to a different Universe, Ben 10’s from the warp signature, and two, bee attacked by... Gilgamesh? Hmm, I need to have a talk with that asshole one of these days about collateral damage.”

“Hey! Gilgamesh is a great guy! Ok, I’ll give you the collateral damage but he helped me out a lot!” Jason argued, getting off Twilight’s back.

“You two wrecked the town and he skipped out on helping clean up.”

“It’s fine,” Jason dismissed, much to Twilight’s irritation.

“Lover’s spat?” Umbra teased, “Seen a few of those in my life, but never like this. Heh, it’s almost cute.”

“I am not his lover!” Twilight shouted, glaring at Umbra. “I’m his mentor.” she said, huffing.

“I leave you two alone for five minutes and you’ve already meet another weirdo.” Air Razor said with a scowl, moving over to the trio. “What exactly are you supposed to be?”

“He’s a shadow, and he’s an admin for the Universe or something,” Jason said as his Omnitrix timed out returning him to human form. “OH! You told Ben about that War right?!” Jason asked, snapping his fingers.

“Hm? Oh yeah, Ben! Yeah, I told him. What, he say somethin’ ‘bout me?”

“He just told me that you visited him and that he was going to fight for some guy and I told him I’d help, and he gave me a badge and told me that he’d call me when it was time.”

“Well, I’ll pop over later, tell him I can call you. Right, now where did I put that...?” Umbra seemed to fade slightly for a few moments before suddenly snapping back to full clarity, with something in his hand, “This, Jason, may look like a shitty iPhone knock off, and in a way, it is, but it is also a – pause for dramatic effect – interdimensional, infinite-battery, communicator!”
[TRUMPET FANFARE]

“Oh, and it does everything an iPhone does, but better. Since it works anywhere in the Multiverse. Suck on THAT Apple!”

“Oh man, the things I could do with this as Grey Matter,” Jason said, looking at the phone, grinning like a mad man.

Umbra’s eyespots widened, “NO. Not only no, but HELL NO. The last Galvan to even attempt to upgrade 7D tech vanished from the MULTIVERSE. Poof. Gone. So, don’t; please. We’re still looking for that poor Galvan. We don’t need to look for another one.”

“Ok ok, I won’t screw around with the phone of awesome, I swear.”

“Good. Now then, if you don’t know how to work an iPhone, it’ll switch to the OS of the smartphone you’re most comfortable with.”

“Yeah... I’ve never had a smartphone.”

“Right... NOVA, tutorial mode, please.”

“Tutorial Mode now Active. Scanning... User Registered; Jason Hughes.”

“Stop drooling Twilight.” Jason said with a chuckle.

“I-I wasn’t drooling!” Twilight said, shaking her head, quickly wiping her muzzle off.

“Of course not.”

Umbra smirked, “You totally were.”

She covered her face with a wing, blushing heavily.

“You think this is good, you should have been here when Luna, Gilgamesh and I pranked her,” Jason said, laughing. “Oh that was glorious. Plus, Twilight ended up having to give the ‘talk’ to Spike.”

“Oh that had to have been awkward.”

“It was the most awkward conversation of my life,” Twilight muttered, glaring at Jason.

“So, the iPhone did you call it?” Air Razor asked, trying to get the conversation back on track.

“Hm? Oh yeah. It’s not really an iPhone, it’s, I guess I just call it a MultiCom, since it sounds more useful that way.”

“You don’t really sound sure of yourself,” Air Razor commented, raising an eyebrow.

“Never had to come up with a name before, most of the people I gave this to just called it an iPhone. Well, hmm, now that that’s done, I believe I have some other artifacts that might just interest you.” Suddenly, a large shadow cart appeared out of nowhere.

“Dude... are you scannable?” Jason asked, his eyes wide. “Because that is just amazing.” he moved over to Umbra, waved his Omnitrix arm at him, frowning when nothing happened.

“Sorry, but if you wanna be like me you’d best learn how to change into a 7+ dimensional creature instead of the 3D one you are, because you need at least 4 to survive the Void between Universes. Also, you need to be made of shadows, and those don’t have DNA. Now, step into my shop, and seek out whatever you want. Just don’t touch the ones marked ‘DANGEROUS’ until I can gift wrap them first; some of them are rather... volatile. Aside from that, I’ve got at least six of almost anything in the Multiverse.” Umbra preened, not unlike a cocky bird of paradise... made of shadows.

“Wow, just wow.” Jason said, his eyes going wide. “ I feel my inner hoarder squeeing in joy right now.”

“Just one thing: you need to pay for everything you buy. First timers get a six percent discount, repeat customers a ten percent discount on the item they buy the most, personal friends and combatants in the War of Understanding get a forty percent discount. You may pay in anything that has any sort of value, I don’t care if it’s money or a lucky sock. It just needs some sort of value. If you need me, I’ll be naught but a shout away. Happy hunting!”

“Ok Twi, break out the bits.” he said starting to walk down an aisle.

“What why me?”

“Your a princess with an unlimited budget. You don’t have to but I’d imagine Umbra doesn’t want me shooting diamonds in his shop.”

“Well, actually, I’d be fine with that as long as nothing got damaged.” Umbra’s eyespots turned into little upturned crescents, “ That should help with the budget issue, ne?”

“Diamond Head it is then.” Jason said with a nod, lifting up a power morpher. “Oh hell yeah. Hey Umbra you got a cart or a basket?”

“Bags are to the left of the door, carts to the right, baskets to the right of the carts. Make sure you avoid the Dementor filled bags. Those are for sale, though. Just don’t open them. They’re the evil-feeling, squirming ones.”

“Will do.”Jason said, grabbing a cart, placing the power morpher in, starting to tour the place with Twilight and Air Razor.

“Oh, by the way, the Power Ranger / Super Sentai stuff is a package deal, each morpher comes with a separate Morphing Grid programmed in, and the Zords and stuff are in a subspace pocket inside the Morphers. So, they’re actually damn expensive. Just a warning.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” he said, slapping Twilight’s hoof away from a glowing stone. She glared at him but continued to follow him. “Where do I find the high frequency blades?”

“Well... depends on the blade. HF Shaving Blades are in Aisle 10, Health Care; HF Swords and Knives are in Aisle 29, Advanced Weaponry; any other High Frequency Blades would be in Aisle 72, Miscellaneous Blades.”

“How about something specific like Jetstream Sam’s blade?”

“Aisle 29, Advanced Weaponry. Or, Aisle 80, Video Game Blades. Or, Aisle 603, Metal Gear Stuff.”

“Thank you.” About half an hour later, Jason came up to the front, presenting his haul: a stasis module, a kinesis module, a set of terminus armor, a HF blade, chaoseater, a hypercube, a proton pack, replicator and a power morpher . Twilight had several spell tomes, ranging from Final Fantasy to Elder scrolls, along with the eye of Agamotto. Slash had picked up a pair of... sunglasses.

“Ah, those sunglasses. Good choice, since they’re probably the... 700,000th most expensive thing in the shop. Which is really high up on an infinitely long list. Nigh indestructible, guaranteed to make even the dumbest nerd look badass, and it’s got several enchantments on it that magnify just about every badass trait one may have. I’d use them, but they don’t really work on shadows.”

“So how much for everything?” Jason asking, leaning on the cart.

“Let’s see... 600,000 bits -6% Discount- 40% discount... and that leaves us with taxes and... y’know what, just give me a block of diamond measuring approximately six feet by three feet squared.”

“Thats a lot... “Twilight said, gulping.

“Don’t worry, I got this.” Air Razor said, returning to his true form. He started to grunt, regurgitating a large metal sphere. “Would a miniature star surrounded by a dyson sphere cover it?”

“Where the hell did you even get that!?” Jason asked, jumping away to avoid radiation.

“Thats classified. Anyway, will it do? Celestia wants this thing gone anyway.”

“...Not quite. Even with that, it’d still add up to a block of diamond about... eight cubic feet? That’s two by two by two, if you didn’t already know. Or, about two thousand bits.”

“I can just pay the bits.” Twilight said, placing a bag of bits on the counter. “Thats 2,000 bits, plus an extra 100. I believe in tipping.”

“Your tip is graciously accepted. Alrighty then; anyone want a receipt and/or free coupons and a member card?”

“Member card?” Jason asked, tilting his head.

“Like those reward cards at Safeway or whatever. Except for my store. Buy enough stuff from here and you get a random, but useful, item for free. It’s sorta win-win, except for your wallet,” Umbra explained, then cocked his head to the side, “Hang on, I gotta take this.”

Placing his fingers to where his right ear would be, Umbra spoke to no one in particular, “Lan, what is it this time? TENEBROUS AGAIN!? What did that ass do now!?... Another paradox entanglement web!?... Why can’t we demote him?... IT”S IN THE EQUESTRIA CLUSTER!?!?! Ah shit, Fausticorn’s gonna be pissed. She has enough on her plate as it is!... No, I’m not ‘in love’, Fausticorn’s like my second mother! Lan, Lan. No. Shut up. When the hell did you get so... snarky?... What? No. Nevermind. Right. I’ll be there... Yeah. Okay... Mhmm... God this is gonna take forever to sort out. Bye.” Removing his fingers from his ear-area, Umbra addressed the confused group in front of him, “Sorry guys, need to reset part of this area of the Multiverse, don’t worry you won’t notice anything; it’s a lot farther away than you’d think.”

“Oookay. Well yeah I guess we’ll take the membership thing.” Jason said, looking at him strangely.

“Great~”

“One last thing, tell that Auric guy I’d like to talk to him, I already told Ben I’d help but I’d rather talk to him in person.”

“‘Kay, I’ll tell him. Well, I gotta go now; I’ll see y’all later.”

“Have fun debugging existence.” Jason said, walking out of the shop, having put most of their haul into the hypercube.

“It was nice meeting you.” Twilight said, prancing out of the shop with a big grin.

Slash just nodded, putting his disguise back up before following his charges out.

“Goodbye for now!” Spinning dramatically, Umbra disappeared in a flash of shadows and a distinct–

VWORPLE

PreviousChapters Next