• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,412 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,412

PreviousChapters Next
Of Men And Horrible Tentacle Monsters part 3

Author's Note:

Once again, major spoilers for "I Will Hunt You Down", read at your own risk.

Goop: http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Goop

The moon hung high in the sky, shining its soft, radiant glow down upon Ponyville. Crickets were chirping, a calming breeze bent the grass ever so softly.

All was quiet and peaceful.

“Pffffft!”

...except for Sugarcube Corner, where Nemesis, Jason, and Slash were all enjoying mugs of fizzing apple cider.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me Jason! A chaos duel? With Discord? Did you win?” Nemesis asked with a goofy grin on his face.

“Hell yeah I won!” Jason said, sipping his cider.

“He also left the sun glowing green, Celestia was not happy about that,” Slash added, shaking his head.

“Discord had no chance against the power of teh internet,”

Nemesis guffawed. “You beat him with internet logic? Hah, nothing beats that!” Nemesis and Jason clinked their glasses together, while Slash just stared at them in confusion.

“What are you two on about? What this “Intornet?” Slash asked, frowning.

“Internet is love, internet is life.” Nemesis joked, then took another sip from his cider. “It’s kind of difficult to explain, think of the largest library you can imagine. i mean it, the biggest you’ve ever seen.” Several seconds passed. “Good? Okay, now imagine it about twenty times bigger than that, and populated with a bunch of sexual crazed monkeys and you’ll start getting an idea.”

“I don’t like being called a monkey dude,” Jason said, casting a glare at Nemesis. “I get enough of that here,”

Nemesis shrugged. “Just using something he might be familiar with, aside from a Displaced I don’t think Equestria has seen any other humans before. Besides, it’s not like ponies aren’t everywhere on the internet too, they got freakin’ famous after that show.”

“What show?”

Nemesis looked over at Jason and arched an eyebrow. “I don’t suppose the name My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic rings any bells?”

“Why would it?” Jason asked, looking rather confused.

“Oh geez...” Nemesis rubbed his head for a moment, then set his mug down on the table between the three of them before he sighed. “Well, good thing you’re both sitting down, because have I got a story for you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Welp, the cider’s all delivered, time fer chores,” Applejack told herself, pushing away that little part of herself that wanted to just skip them. She moved up to the first tree, giving it a good buck, listening with satisfaction as the apples fell into the baskets.

Not far away from Applejack, a tall, lean figure stood in one of the trees, watching her. It didn’t move when she trotted towards the tree it was standing in, it just regarded her with an indifferent gaze. When she finally reached the tree however, it jumped. It fell through the air silently, landing on the ground next to her in a crouched position, from which it slowly stood.

“Gah!” she shouted, jumping away, her heart pounding a million miles a minute. “What the hay were ya thinkin’!?” she shouted, looking up at the big creature. “Ya nearly squashed me!”

“Scans indicate small traces of mutagen compounds.” The figure went on, unheeding of her words. “Probability of interaction with target: Eighty percent. Sufficient distress vocalization at latitude four three point nine oh, longitude five seven point one four leaves approximately nine nine point nine nine percent likelihood of attracting target to immediate area.”

Applejack blinked. “Uh...pardon?”

Suddenly, the figure’s fingers locked around her throat, and effortlessly lifted her off the ground. It raised its other hand to her face, and several very lethal looking claws formed. “Start screaming.”

“Let go of her!” Big Mac commanded, rushing over to help his little sister.

The stallion’s rear legs connected with the figure’s body, but it did not flinch. It casually looked down at Big Macintosh, then grabbed him by one of his legs. “Interference will not be tolerated.” It swung him around once, hitting his head into the side of a tree and rendering the stallion unconscious.

“Big Mac!” AJ shouted, staring wide eyed at her brothers limp body.

The creature looked from her to Big Mac’s body before it dropped him. Several long tendrils erupted from the creature’s back then, each with a small, spinning blade on the end. they crept closer to Big Macintosh’s body as the figure continued to glare at Applejack. “I will not repeat myself again. Scream.”
***

“So all of this is just a TV show?” Jason asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Pretty much, from what little I know of it,” Nemesis spoke as he sipped from his mug again. “Gilgamesh explained it to me, I wasn’t into the show back on earth.”

Jason was about to open his mouth when a scream pierced the air, “That sounded like Applejack!” Jason jumped out of his seat, running out of the shop.

Nemesis stood, then glanced back to Slash. “My weapons are all at Twilight’s, can you get them and meet me over at Sweet Apple Acres? By the sound of things, I might need them, and I don’t have the strength to carry them myself right now.”

“Don’t get yourself killed,” Slash nodded, moving off to grab said weapons.

Nemesis nodded, then ran off after Jason. He hoped everything was okay...

“Applejack!” Jason shouted, rushing out into the orchard. “Where are you!”

At this, the creature’s grip loosened on Applejack and she was able to breathe. His head turned in the direction of Jason, and he released Applejack and allowed her to fall to the ground with her brother. “Your services are no longer required,” It spoke with its indifferent tone before it sprinted off, its legs naught but a blur as it ran in Jason’s direction.

Spotting the creature moving toward him, Jason stopped, taking a breath. “Omnitrix, Goop!” He became a strange green blob, held in place by an anti-gravity projector.

The creature stopped about fifteen feet away from him, cocking its head to the side slightly. “Anomalous mutagen detected.” It spoke with a robotic-like fluency, then lunged at Jason with its claws outstretched. “Acquiring.”

Jason dropped into a puddle before flying up, his gooey body turning acidic as it touched the creatures skin.

The creature retreated immediately, its skin sizzling as its eye flared red. Slowly, the wound mended itself, but not before the creature had gone into a death like stillness. “Adapting,” it droned, before the trees on either side of the creature began to frost over. Waves of mist began to roll off of it, and it approached Jason again, whose goo began to turn to ice as the creature approached.

With a call of, “Omnitrix, Heatblast!” he switched forms, sending a torrent of flames at it. “Let’s see how you take the heat!”

The creature stopped, and made a strange rasping noise before Jason threw a fireball at it. The area lit up with yellow as the fireball found its mark and covered the area with smoke and heat. Then, a very large and rock-like fist erupted from the smoke and nailed Jason in the face. When the smoke cleared, the creature was still there, except now his body was covered in hard, rock-like material, similar to that of Crabdozer. It said nothing however, and walked calmly towards Jason as he scrambled to recover from the hit.

“That doesn’t make any sense!” he muttered to himself. He put some distance between them before changing into XLR8. He activated his hypercube, pulling out his high frequency blade.”Let’s see how you like this!” he snarled, rushing at the beast, his sword slicing through it’s skin like butter.

The blade seared through its flesh, but the creature didn’t cry out or cringe. its eyes lit up red, before the red covered its entire body and it sank down into a red puddle of goo. The goo lashed out suddenly, grabbing onto XLR8’s legs as the creature emerged from the goo, its form solidifying enough to to punch Jason in the gut, then smashed its fist into his face and sent him sprawling.

Nemesis reached the orchard finally, his eyes widening upon seeing who Jason was fighting. “No...” Nemesis mumbled beginning to sprint towards Jason. “No, no, no, no, no, NO!” he leaped onto the creature’s back suddenly, grabbing him around the throat. “Jason, run!” He called. The creature simply glanced at him. “Interference will not be tolerated.” He spun and nailed Nemesis in the face, sending him flying across the ground before smashing into a tree, but still conscious.

“Get out of here, I can take this thing!” Jason shouted, getting up. “Omnitrix, NRG!” he shifted into the hulking suit creature, firing a blast of radiation at the goo.

“You don’t understand! It’s—” Nemesis had to cover his mouth as Jason hurled radiation, but he backed far enough away to stay out of danger. He grit his teeth and balled his hand into a fist. “God...damnit!” Nemesis punched a nearby tree, glaring at the creature. “It followed me here...”

The goo writhed for a moment before it gathered in the center of the radiation, then took on a sleek, black sheen. The figure stood once again, now covered from head to toe in a shiny, black carbon skin. It raised its hand and fired a large chunk of carbon from its arm, striking Jason in the head.

“Gah!” he shouted, shrinking in size. “Thats it!” he shouted, flying back into his suit. “Omnitrix, Diamondhead!” He turned his arm into a blade, moving to impale the creature in the stomach.

The creature shifted again, this time his skin taking on a red hue as the air around him immediately began to heat up, and the grass around him caught fire. He caught Jason’s attack in his hands, then lifted him up as his claws dug into Jason’s diamond skin. He turned, and slammed Jason onto the ground, and began to approach him slowly once more.

“B-bastard...” Jason cursed, reverting to his human form, blood flowing freely from his arm.

Nemesis gasped, and ran towards the two, fury in his eyes. “I don’t care if I can’t do anything like this, I need to do something!” Nemesis released a growl he didn’t hear under his breath.

What can you do like this? a voice in the back of his head nagged. You’ll only be a burden if you help. The only way you could help is if you turned into a monster again, and we both know you won’t do that.

“If I have to be a monster to save people like this...” Nemesis growled, his size growing as he spoke. “So be iiiiittt......aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS!”

Meanwhile, the creature approached the injured Jason, his red eye glowing brighter as he shifted back into his own regular form. “Acquiring mutagen DNA—”

Before it finished its sentence, it was plowed into by Nemesis, his old self once more. Nemesis grabbed the creature, carrying him with him as he ran, before he stopped and smashed the creature into the ground, then raised his fist.

YOU! he brought his fist down, causing the ground to shake and the creatures limbs to flail.

WILL NOT, He brought his fist down again, and the ground began to crack.

HURT, The ground shook again.

THESE PEOPLE!!! He brought his fist down again, and a massive dirt cloud launched into the air, obscuring the two from view.

All was silent for a moment, but when the dust cleared, Nemesis was standing over a freshly made crater in the ground, the creature’s limbs sticking out of it.

“I um... brought your weapons,” Slash said, flying over to the hulking Nemesis. He dropped them at his feet, moving off to check on Jason.

Nemesis quickly put on his weapons, before sighing. I think he might be dow—

“Target located. Nemesis acquired.”

Nemesis barely had time to act before the creature was on its feet once more, standing only a few feet from him. It lashed out, nailing Nemesis in the side of the head with its fist.

Nemesis went flying, bouncing across the ground before finally coming to a stop near Jason and Slash.

He slowly rolled to his feet to recover, but the creature didn’t give him a chance to do it. He sprinted at Nemesis, who only had enough time to dig his feet into the ground before it hit him again, though this time Nemesis had braced himself.

Nemesis growled, his eye flaring red before he grabbed the thing’s leg, twirled, and threw it. it sailed quite a distance before the sound of something crashing far off could be heard.

“Friend of yours?” Jason asked, getting to his feet, holding his arm.

No friend. nemesis growled again, grabbing his launcher. it calls itself Majora. Some...acquaintances of mine back home made it to kill me. It adapts to whatever hits it, it’s basically my natural predator.

“I see... “ Jason said before smirking. “I got... an idea... “ he shook his head, looking pale. “Omnitrix, Ghostfreak,” he command, shifting into the spectre.

Nemesis looked at him in bewilderment before Majora emerged from the treelines. This time he was covered head to toe in a thick, metallic substance. He made a whirring sound upon spying them and began to walk towards them, clearly in no hurry.

I’d love to hear it, whatever it is! Nemesis shot a rocket at Majora, who reeled his arm back and smacked the missile out of the air. it spiraled to the side and exploded in the sky.

Jason flew forward, phasing into Majura, possessing it. “Now!” he shouted in it’s voice. “I’ve suppressed it’s adaption ability!”

Sorry about this! Nemesis called to Jason as he unhinged his gatling gun. he began to fire rounds into Majora, who began to twitch and spasm violently.

“M-malfunction...” Majora droned as it tried to force Jason out.

Nemesis roared and charged, smashing a fist into Majora’s stomach, who buckled over. Nemesis brought another fist up and sent Majora into the air, before launching a tentacle and bringing him back into the ground, where he began to violently smash him into the ground repeatedly.

“Just finish it already!” Jason shouted, feeling the pain surge through Majora and into himself.

Nemesis complied, reeling in Majora to smash another fist into his face and send him sprawling. Nemesis unhinged his rocket launcher, pointing it directly at Majora’s body. Jason, get out now! He pulled the trigger, and the sound akin to a jet taking off could be heard as the missile made its way towards its mark.

Jason waited until the last possible moment, flying out of Majora just as the missile hit. “Think.... that got him?” Jason asked, reverting to normal.

After a brilliant explosion, Nemesis waited. He watched the area of smoke and flame, and slowly a figure started stumbling out of the carnage.

Wait... Nemesis warned.

As Majora stumbled towards them, he was obviously hurting. He was limping heavily, his skin caught on fire as he continually shifted into different forms of himself, and parts of his skin and body were missing.

“M-malfunction...” he droned again as he fell to his knees. “Primary objective... must...” he continued to try and make his way towards them on his knees, but he fell forward, flat on his face, and did not move anymore.

“Think it’s dead?” Jason asked, wincing as Slash used changeling goo to stop his bleeding.

Nemesis glared at the body for a moment more before he growled and kicked it, sending it smashing into a tree with a crunch. Hopefully it is now. Nemesis stared after the body before he turned and began to make his way towards the center of the orchard. I need to leave.

“Hey man... I-I’m sorry,” Jason said, walking with him.

You have nothing to be sorry for. Nemesis said as he picked up his weapons. They followed me here. They put someone else’s family in danger, I put someone else’s family in danger, I can’t do that. Not again.

“If I had been stronger, you wouldn’t have needed to turn back into a monster,” Jason said, staring at the ground.

It’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself for what can’t be helped, I knew I would need to return to being the actual Nemesis again sooner or later. My Equestria needs him still. Nemesis was still latching weapons onto himself.

“Still...” Jason looked at him, trying to argue with him.

Nemesis pulled on his Genji Gloves, then turned and put a hand on Jason’s shoulder. For what it’s worth, I enjoyed the hell out of the time I spent here. Once my Equestria’s dealt with, we really should grab a drink again. You have an amazing family, he gestured to Applejack and Big Macintosh as they began to rouse out of their unconscious states. Protect them, and protect that girlfriend of yours too. Nemesis grinned.

“Yeah I will,” Jason said, nodding. “You stay safe ok?”

Can’t make any promises, but I’ll try. I have a queen to talk to once I get home. Nemesis threw him a vial. Hold that in your hand, and say ‘Nemesis, our contract has concluded’. Then it’s yours to keep, in case you need me again.

“You got it,” Jason said, holding it up, “Nemesis, our contract has concluded,”

Right on cue, a portal opened behind nemesis and he glanced back at it. So long, Jason, Slash. Let everyone else, especially Pinkie, know I said thank you. Sincerely.

Nemesis turned and marched through the portal. He was quickly engulfed in a blue light, and vanished as the portal closed behind him.

“Hey Jason, that thing’s body is gone,” Slash called with a frown, standing at the spot where Majora’s body had been. “Jason?” he asked, turning just in time to see Jason collapse to the ground with a thud.

PreviousChapters Next