• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,447 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,447

PreviousChapters Next
A Rather Indy Adventure

“You ok, Rarity?” Jason asked as he sat up, giving his head a rub. They were in what looked like a jungle, the sounds of various wildlife filling the air.

“MY MANE!” Rarity screeched, upon finding herself in a mud puddle. “I just had it washed!” She sobbed, breaking into tears.

“Yes Rarity we could possibly be in another universe and your biggest worry is your mane,” Jason said with a roll of his eyes as he got to his feet. “Look, I’m going to use Hodgepodge and see if I can get us home.” Rarity nodded, calming down a little. “Omnitrix, Hodgepodge,” he commanded. Nothing happened. “Omnitrix, Hodgepodge!” he commanded, glaring at it. Nearly yelling at this point, he repeated, “Omnitrix, Hodg-” but he was cut off by the transformation.

“Jason... I don’t believe that’s Hodgepodge,” Rarity sniffled, rubbing at the mascara that was running down her muzzle.

“Oh no, I’m right here!” Hodgepodge said with a smile.

“What the hell?” Jason asked, looking at his body. He had taken on his Chimera form, “Ok seriously, what the hell?”

“That idiot Hodgepodge wassss too ssscared to come out by himssself,” Hughes’ distorted voice came from behind him.

“Hey! That stare was freaking scary ok!? I’m still shaken up! I wasn’t coming out by myself, no way, no how!” Hodgepodge said, his voice coming from directly to Jason’s left.

“Just shut it both of you, I’m just going to turn us back to normal ok?” Jason asked, to which they gave sounds of agreement. Jason tapped the Omnitrix, which made a brief beeping sound. “Ok what the fuck?” Jason asked in exasperation.

“Error detected,” the Omnitrix chirped, “User form will randomize upon timeout until internal repairs are complete.”

“Well isn’t that fucking wonderful? I get to be stuck behind you idiots for who knows how long,” Hughes complained, not even trying to hide his contempt .

“Look, we’ll figure this out later but like it or not we’re all stuck controlling one body at the same time, so could we please just cooperate? I’d rather not argue with myself,” Jason said, really just having about enough of this insane nonsense.

“Ok!” Hodgepodge said happily.

“Fine,” Hughes said with a hiss.

Rarity just stared at the creature in front of her, her muddy mane forgotten just a tiny bit. It had the front half of a lion, the back half of a gazelle and a cobra for a tail. Jason’s voice came from the lion head, Hodgepodge’s voice came from the gazelle head growing from the left shoulder and the third voice came from the cobra head.

“Excuse me gentlemen, but may I suggest finding some form of civilization?” she asked, looking from head to head, not sure which one to focus on.

“Lady’s got a point fellas,” Hodgepodge spoke up, looking at the others, “Best get this show on the ground!” he said cheerfully.

“Alright, let’s get moving,” Jason said, taking a step forward and finding, much to his relief, that he had control of the body.

“So...” Rarity said as they began to walk, trying her best to avoid dirtying her hooves or coat any further, “Have you given this form a name yet?”

“I actually haven’t, first time using it,” Jason admitted as they walked.

“Ooh! Ooh!” Hodgepodge said, swaying his head back and forth, “I have the perfect name!”

“What could you posssibly have come up with?” Hughes asked, keeping an eye out for any danger.

“Bellerophon!” Hodgepodge shouted, feeling rather proud of himself, a feeling that spread to the others.

“Bellerophon?” Rarity question asked, raising her eyebrow, “May I ask where you came up with that name Ja... err Hodgepodge?”

“Well Bellerophon is the name of the Greek warrior who killed the chimera in mythology so I thought it would be appropriate,” Hodgepodge explained with a smile.

“That’sss... actually rather intelligent...” Hughes admitted, looking at Hodgepodge, who beamed brighter at the compliment.

“I have my moments.”

“How long do you think we have until we change form?” Jason asked as he pushed through the undergrowth, Rarity following in his wake.

“Well, the watch usually lasts for fifteen minutes so... I’d say somewhere around there,” Hughes said, going back to observing their surroundings.

“Well I do hope you can get us home soon, I really need to hit the spa again,” Rarity said, looking at her hooves with a shrug.

Jason couldn’t help but let out a groan, turning to look at her, “Are you seriously telling me that’s the biggest thing you're worried about?”

“Of course not...” Rarity said with a nervous chuckle, shrinking ever so slightly under the three gazes that were locked on her.

“Uh huh, sure Rarity,” Jason said, not really believing her.

“Hey ugly,” a mare’s voice cut in, “Didn’t your mother ever tell you not to eat fillies?” A gray and gold flash shot out of the bushes, slamming into their side, sending the chimera tumbling away.

“Hey, are you ok?” the mare asked, watching Bellerophon get back to their feet, shaking their heads.

“That was very rude of you Ms. Yearling,” Rarity said with a huff.

“What!? Rude!? That chimera was going to use you as a chew toy!”

“That chimera happens to be a good friend of mine,” Rarity said, sticking her nose up into the air and trotting over to check on Bellerophon.

“Wait, how do you know my name?” Yearling asked, eyeing Rarity suspiciously. “I recognize you now! You’re one of those mares that broke into my house last year!”

Rarity froze, a wince on her face. She slowly turned to Yearling, a sheepish smile on her face, “I wouldn’t exactly say we broke in...”

In a flash, Yearling was in her face, their muzzles almost touching, “It looked pretty textbook to me.”

Before they could continue, a bright green flash went off. They both looked over, seeing that the chimera had changed into a pegasus.

“Ok... that was weird,” Jason said, shaking his head, “Ok, what the hell is your problem lady?”

My problem!?” Yearling nearly screamed, getting in his face, “How the hell did you go from a chimera to a pegasus?!”

“I’m awesome, thats why,” he said, pushing her back slightly. “Who the hell are you anyway?” he asked, looking her over. She was a golden pegasus with a monochrome mane that looked like a grayscale version of a rainbow. She was also wearing stereotypical explorer gear.

“Jason, this is A.K. Yearling, also known as Daring Do,” Rarity introduced, quickly getting between the two.

“Daring Do? You mean that Indiana Jones rip off Dash keeps gushing about?”

“Who are you calling a rip off?!” Daring demanded, flaring her wings out with a snort.

“Please Jason, don’t antagonize Ms. Do,” Rarity sighed, already getting a headache.

Jason blinked, shaking his head, “Ok, I think Hughes was leaking out a little.” He turned to Daring, “I think we got off on the wrong foot. I’m Jason, Jason Hughes. You’ve probably at least heard of me.”

Daring just looked at him, raising her eyebrow, “Can’t say that I have,”

“Seriously? I’m a freaking prince, how the hell have you not heard of me?” Jason asked, looking at her like she had grown a second head.

“Don’t take it the wrong way dear,” Rarity spoke up, “She didn’t even know Twilight was a princess when we first met her.”

“By Yggdrasil... that means... you don’t know,” Jason said, looking at Daring with horrified eyes.

“Know what?” Daring asked, crossing her arms.

“N-nevermind,” Jason said shaking his head. “Where are we anyway?”

“The east jungles of Zebrica,” Daring said, looking around, “Rumor is somepony found a vast ruin here, I’ve been tracking Ahuizotl for weeks, I just know he’s going to try and loot the place.”

“I suppose we should help since we’re already here,” Jason said, getting to his hooves.

“I guess you two can come along,” she said with a nod, “Just don’t get in the way,”

“She’s way too much like Dash...” Jason grumbled, shaking his head. Rarity nodded in agreement. “Lead the way Daring,” Jason said, walking next to Rarity. Couldn’t he ever just catch a break?


Twilight took her seat, glancing at her fellow princesses. Celestia was still in rough shape, her eyes red and puffy from her long periods of sobbing. Luna looked like she was trying to keep her cool and Cadance had a rather passive air about her. She gave Twilight a small smile, which Twilight returned.

“What is taking that man so long?” Luna asked with a huff. “We sent him that message an hour ago, Ponyville is not so far as to take an hour to get here!”

“Maybe he got held up with something?” Cadance asked, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

“I don’t see with what,” Twilight said, shaking her head. “He was just at the spa to get the poison joke antidote.”

“Excuse me your Highnesses,” one of the drones guarding the door spoke up, sticking its head into the room, “We’ve received word from the drone that delivered the message to the boss, it said that Lady Rarity attempted to teleport the two of them here, something went wrong, and they disappeared.” With the message given, it bowed its head, backing out of the room, closing the door.

“That man just attracts trouble,” Luna said with a sigh, shaking her head.

“Should we try and find them?” Cadance asked, pouting a little with worry.

“They’ll be ok, Jason will get them back safe,” Twilight said with a smile, “I have faith in him.”

“Regardless,” Celestia finally spoke, her voice hoarse, “We will continue the meeting without him. Bring in the prisoner!”

A pair of changelings wearing royal guard armor in Jason’s colors stepped inside. Between them trotted a very quiet Nightmare Moon, her wings tied to her sides and an inhibitor on her horn.

“Nightmare Moon,” Celestia began, locking eyes with the mare, “Do you know why you’re here?”

“Because of what happened to Luna...” she said in a quiet voice, shrinking under the solar diarch’s gaze.

“You and Eclipse transformed me into a monster!” Luna shouted, narrowing her gaze into a glare, “If it were up to just me, I would have you banished to the moon for eternity.”

“T-thats not true,” Nightmare said, her ears splaying back.

“Quiet!” Luna snapped, making the mare jump slightly, “You will only speak when prompted!”

“I want to hear what she has to say,” Cadance cut in, “I say we let her speak.”

“I agree, we should hear her version of events, it’s only fair,” Twilight said, nodding in agreement.

Luna looked between the two, letting out a snort, “Fine, speak.”

“We already existed inside of Luna before The Nightmare took hold,” Nightmare started, looking at the floor. “It created us from her emotions. I was born from Luna’s loneliness and helplessness while Eclipse was forged from her jealousy, anger and resentment,”

“So thats why you’re so... skittish,” Cadance surmised, looking at her, “No offense of course,”

“None taken, Your Majesty.” Nightmare kept her head down, trembling ever so slightly.

“Tell me, Nightmare Moon, if we were to let you free, what would you do with yourself?” Celestia asked with a calm tone.

“I-I wouldn’t have the slightest clue. The ponies would probably hate or fear me for what I am and I wouldn’t have anywhere to go...” she meekly replied as she sat down on her haunches, her gaze falling to the ground.

“Would you try to hurt them or bring about eternal night?”

“Oh no,” she said shaking her head, “I don’t think I have it in me to hurt anypony.”

“Hmm... we shall confer on what to do with you, a moment if you will,” Celestia said, then she cast a soundproof dome over their table. Luna looked pissed, gesturing wildly, eyes narrowed. Celestia kept her composure, trying to calm her enraged sister. After a few minutes of this, Celestia dropped the shield, all but a pouting Luna able to conceal their emotions.

“After much deliberation, we have decided your fate,” Cadance spoke, looking at Nightmare, “Due to your nature and compliance with us, we have decided our best course of action is to reform you. You will be placed under the gentle care of Fluttershy due to her prior success with Discord. With her help, we hope you will be able to become a model Equestrian citizen. If not you will be banished to the moon, do you understand?”

“Yes, Your Highnesses,” Nightmare said, bowing her head.

“Then we are adjourned,” Celestia declared. The four of them got up, all but Twilight departing.

“Come on Nightmare,” Twilight said, giving the timid alicorn a smile. “You’ll love Fluttershy, you two are a lot alike,” she said while leading her out of the room. In all honestly, they would be perfect for each other.


“Wait, hold up,” Jason, now in the form of Siegfried, said, holding up a talon.

“What is it?” Daring asked with a sigh. Her attitude hadn’t improved over the previous night, having been woken up several times by his form changes.

He reached into the ground and with some effort, dislodging a large object. He shook the dirt off, revealing a large, intricate looking horn.

“What is that?” Rarity asked, stepping forward for a closer look.

“A horn,” Jason said simply. He placed it on his back, saying nothing else.

“Whatever it is, we still have to get to that ruin,” Daring said, starting to move again. “We shouldn’t be too far away at this point.”

“I hope so, my hooves are starting to chip,” Rarity said with a sigh, holding one up to her muzzle, “Why does this always happen to me?”

“Look, if it gets you to stop bitching, I’ll pay for the damn spa trip myself,” Jason said, rolling his eyes.

“Well, thank you Jason,” she said, trying her best to fix her mane, “Though you don’t have to be so crass about it.”

“We’re here,” Daring said suddenly, standing a little ahead of them.

“Really, it’s about...” Jason froze as he stared at the ruins, unmoving.

“Jason?” Rarity asked, a frown growing across her muzzle, “Is everything alright?”

“It...” he started, a few tears running down his face.

“Ugh, what is it now?” Daring asked with a sigh, “Your weirdo watch acting up again?”

“It’s Valhalla,” Jason said, ignoring them both. “They found Valhalla.” Despite being in ruins, Valhalla was still a sight to behold. Most of its structure had been damaged by Surt’s flames but the walls still stood strong. Its great doors hung open, one of them held on by its lower hinge while the other was off altogether.

“Valhalla? You know what this place is?” Daring asked, coming up behind him.

“From what Jason has told us, this is sacred ground, a gathering place for the honorable dead as they waited for the end of the world,” Rarity spoke up, moving up next to the awestruck Jason.

“That bastard is going to loot Valhalla,” Jason said, coming out of his stupor, “I’m gonna kill him!” Jason screeched, his talons digging into the dirt.

“Now Jason, your anger is completely justifiable but I don’t think killing him will solve anything,”

“He’d be dead, thats what it’d solve.” Spreading his wings, he zipped into the ruins. The sounds of rummaging could be heard up ahead, so he hid under a table.

“All of this is junk sir,” a stallion’s voice could be heard, followed by the sound of metal hitting the floor.

“Keep looking, there has to be something good here,” a vaguely Spanish voice called out, followed by more sounds of movement.

“Repairs completed,” the Omnitrix chirped, “Reverting user to default form.” There was a flash, startling the looters.

“Come out! We know you're here!” the Spanish voice commanded.

“Good, I’m glad you know,” Jason said, getting out from under the table, “You're trespassing,”

“Trespassing? This is just some old ruin, one that I intend to pick clean.” Jason saw a strange blue dog-like creature, with hands on its forelimbs and a third hand on its tail, who he assumed was Daring’s enemy, Ahuizotl.

“This is Vahalla, sacred home of the einherjar,” Jason said, pulling out Laevateinn, “I will not allow you to dishonor its memory.”

“Ahuizotl!” Daring shouted, coming up behind Jason, Rarity at her heels.

“So we meet again Ms. Do,” Ahuizotl said with a laugh. “I’m afraid you won’t-” He was interrupted by Jason darting forward and punching him in the gut. Ahuizotl fell to his knees, clutching his stomach.

“Uncatalogued DNA detected,” the Omnitrix chirped, passing a yellow light over Ahuizotl.

“Now listen here you Aztec reject, I’m not averse to killing you,” Jason said, holding his sword to the creature’s throat. “Get. Out.” He narrowed his eyes, pressing the blade harder against the creature’s neck.

“O-okay,” Ahuizotl wheezed. Jason released him and he got to his feet. One of his minions came to his aid, helping his master stagger out of the ruins.

“You wouldn't have really killed him would ya?” Daring asked, rather shocked to see her arch-nemesis defeated so quickly.

“I would have,” Jason said, watching the looters leave. “This place is sacred, I wasn’t going to let them defile it any further,” he said, taking a deep breath to calm himself.

“I’m glad you didn’t, you’re a better man than that Jason,” Rarity said. She looked up at him and smiled.

“Yeah... at least I hope I am,” he said, looking around. The dining hall was a mess, with benches and tables tossed all about, “Give me a moment ok? I’m gonna clean this place up,” Jason said, shifting into Ditto. He split himself to at least a dozen clones, which proceeded to dart about the room, fixing it up as much as they could.

“Huh, that watch is pretty damn useful,” Daring said, watching in awe, “Where do I get one?”

“Sadly, Jason has the only one,” Rarity said, looking around. “This place gives me so many ideas~!” she said, nearly squeeing.

“Hey! No squeeing in Valhalla!” one of the Dittos scolded. “There,” another said. The Dittos all merged back together into a single being, and Jason reverted to normal.

“Well, this is a sight I never thought I’d see,” a male voice broke in. They all whirled around to find a very large boar standing in one of the many doorways. Behind him stood a goat, who was watching them intently, “A Jotun and two talking horses, and here I thought the Aesir were weird.”

“Let me guess,” Jason started with a smirk, “ You’re Saehrimnir and the goat behind you is Heidrun?”

“You know these two?” Daring asked, looking between them.

“Yup, Saehrimnir was feasted on every night and Heidrun gives mead instead of milk.”

“You let them eat you!?” Rarity asked, looking absolutely sick to her stomach.

“Calm down lady, I can’t die. To be honest, it was a pretty good gig, I’d get food and shelter and all I’d have to do is let them eat me every night. Next day I’d come back to life and the cycle would repeat... until they all died that is.”

“You know, a friend and I are in need of a steady supply of meat, how about we strike up a similar deal?” Jason asked, sitting on a bench.

“If you can provide me with some food and a place to stay, we got a deal,” the boar said with a nod. “What about you Heidrun?” The goat let out a bleat, nodding her head. “Alright she’s in too.”

“Well that settles that,” Jason said standing up, “Time to head home.”

“Oh, here,” Saehrimnir said, tossing Jason a large scroll. “It’s a map of the realms, you’d probably want it, one of the last few valuable things here.”

“Thanks,” he said, storing it away along with the horn. “Well Ms. Do, it was nice meeting you, but we should go. Omnitrix, Hodgepodge,” he commanded, shifting forms correctly this time. “Ta-ta!” he said with a wave before teleporting them away.

Daring just stared at the now empty hall, sighing a little, “When did my life get so weird...” she asked, before setting off to explore the ruins.


“Ah, it’s good to be home!” Jason said as their little group walked back into Ponyville.

“Oh yes, it’s straight to the spa for me,” Rarity said, a spring to her step. As they walked along, a pair of stallions pulling a cart raced past them. A bottle tumbled out of the cart and landed nearby.

“I wonder what was up with them?” Jason asked as he picked up the bottle. He looked it over and with a shrug, popped it open and took a sip.

“Well? What is it?” Rarity asked, raising her eyebrow.

“This is a really good energy drink,” Jason said licking his lips, “Really good actually. I wonder who those guys were?” he asked as they resumed the walk into town. He didn’t look forward to explaining their new companions to the others but hey, at least they had meat now.

PreviousChapters Next