• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,412 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,412

PreviousChapters Next
Plan 10 From The Omniverse

The sight before the returning group was rather shocking. Chrysalis and Cadance were sitting at the table, animatedly talking about whatever was on their minds.

“Oh, there you are!” Chrysalis said with a smile, looking up from their conversation, “We were wondering when you’d be back.”

“We uh... had some stuff to do,” Jason said, taking a seat next to her. He put his arm around her, gesturing for the others to sit down as well. “I expected you two to be clawing each others eyes out by now,” he joked with a grin.

“Well, to be honest, I thought the same thing, but we started talking and worked out our differences,” Cadance said with a smile.

“What did ya’ll talk about?” Applejack asked, tilting her head to the side.

“Mostly about how annoying Shining Armor is,” Chrysalis said, giving Jason a nuzzle, “That stallion is more trouble than he’s worth.”

Twilight opened her mouth to protest but stopped, tapping her hoof to her muzzle in thought. “Well... Shiny can get a little overzealous about his hobbies...” she admitted, nodding at them.

“Must run in the family,” Jason teased, causing everyone to laugh.

“Hey!” Twilight protested, not liking that the joke had suddenly swung her way.

“Come on Twi, ya have to admit, ya can get a little crazy with yer hobbies sometimes,” Applejack said with a laugh, shaking her head. The others gave their own affirmations, making Twilight look away with a huff.

“I’m not that bad...” she pouted, crossing her eyes.

“Oh relax Twi, we all have our flaws. Except me of course,” Dash said with a smug look on her face.

“Yo,” Gilda called from the doorway. “Lunch is cooked. You dweebs staying to eat?”

“You’re all more than welcome,” Jason said with a smile, getting up.

“I suppose I could get a bite to eat before heading back,” Rarity said getting to her hooves. She watched as everyone filed out of the room, moving up rather gingerly to Chrysalis and Jason.

“Something up Rarity?” Jason asked, looking down at her.

“Oh um... well...” she stuttered a bit, a light blush coming to her cheeks. Chrysalis just raised her eyebrow, looking down at the unicorn. “I-It’s nothing dear.” She gave them a smile before picking up speed to join the others.

“That was... odd...” Jason said, scratching his head, “What do you think that was about?”

“Oh I have an idea, though let’s just let her figure it out,” Chrysalis said, shaking her head. She said nothing more, keeping her eyes on Rarity.

“If you say so,” he said, putting his hands into his pockets. By Yggdrasil ponies were weird.


“It’s nice to get away once in a while, you know?” Jason asked the others, the group currently sitting on a train bound for Rainbow Falls. Zed was laying beside him, her head resting in his lap.

“In all honesty Jay, ah have no idea how ya can stay in that place, gives me the heebie jeebies,” Applejack said with a shudder, “It just don’t look right.”

“Eh... ya get used to it,” Jason said with a shrug, petting Zed’s head, causing the Baskurr to purr happily. “It’s not really that bad, it’s actually rather warm. Anyway, what are you guys planning to pick up?”

“I’m going to trade my mint condition Power Ponies comic for another!” Spike said with a grin, carefully showing off said comic.

“Ah’m goin’ to check out the vintage stalls!” Applejack said with a smile, gesturing to her small cart full of junk. “I’ve been saving up for this all year!”

“I’m uh... looking for a gift. Yes, a gift!” Rarity said with a chuckle, looking around rather nervously.

“I’m just going to trade off some extra books from the library,” Twilight said, motioning to the small stack of books next to her.

“I’m getting me that first edition Daring Do and the Sapphire Statue book! It’s the only one in Equestria and its the only one I need to complete my first edition collection!” Dash smirked, flaring her wings out.

“Oh um... I’m going to trade my bear whistle for a bird call.” Fluttershy pulled the whistle from under her wing, smiling a little.

“What about ya’ll? Whatcha looking for Jay?”

“I’m going to trade off the last of my money,” Jason said, pulling out his wallet. “I got like what....” he opened it, pulling out his bills. “I got... three hundreds... two fifties... a couple of twenties and a crap ton of ones.”

“What in the hay is that stuff?” Dash asked, leaning in for a closer look, “You call that money?”

“Yeah, it’s money,” Jason said, rolling his eyes, “Unlike Equestria, my world doesn’t have enough gold to use it as our currency, so we print bills.”

“Who would even trade you for that stuff anyway?”

“Look at it this way. I’m an alien here, if you could, wouldn’t you want something from another world?” Jason asked, replacing the money into his pocket.

“He’s got a point...” Twilight said with a nod.

“Of course I’m right,” Jason said with a smirk, “Though, as for what I plan to trade for? I was just going to get whatever caught my eye,” he said, patting Zed’s head. She leaned up and licked his face happily.

“I think we’re here!” Pinkie shouted, bounding over to the exit as the train came to a stop.

“Come on, girl,” Jason said, getting up. Zed hopped down from the bench, giving herself a shake. She followed after Jason, looking around. They walked off the platform, with Twilight leading the way. Jason looked on in wonder as they passed some rainbow waterfalls. They continued through a small tunnel, and got bombarded with loud cheers once they reached the other side. All the ponies had gathered up, cheering for Twilight, they even had a banner. “Huh... I guess I have that to look forward to next year. Welp, we’re off everyone, see ya’ll later,” Jason said as he and Zed walked off, the crowd already dispersing.

Jason hummed to himself, passing by various ponies. “You’re Prince Jason, right?” a small voice called out to him. He turned around, spotting a little grey pegasus filly rushing over to him.

“Yup, that would be me alright,” he said with a smile, “What can I do ya for?”

She smiled, producing a photo of him, along with a red quill.

“You know,” he said, taking them from her and signing the picture, “I never actually thought I’d be doing this.” He smiled and gave back the objects. She gasped with joy, giving him a smile before rushing off. He chuckled a little, moving deeper into the fair. He spotted a stall selling what looked like action figures based off his forms. He looked at the operator, who was a sparkling translucent yellow pony. He did a double take before walking up to her.

“Oh my! Prince Jason!” she said, giving a quick bow.

“There’s no need for that,” he said, giving her a smile. “I was just interested in your wares,” he said, looking them over. He picked up an NRG action figure, turning it about in his hands, “Did you make these yourself? They have great craftsmanship.”

“Oh yes, I did! I find all of your transformations fascinating!” she said before her eyes widened, “You're not mad are you?”

“Of course not, in fact, I was hoping to trade you for the whole set!” he said with a smile.

“The whole set? Oh my, what um, what do you have to trade?” she asked, looking at him uncertainly.

“Well, how about I let you take some photos of forms I haven’t used yet?” he asked, showing off the Omnitrix.

“Deal!” she said without hesitation, quickly setting up a camera, “Ready when you are, your Majesty!”

“You really don’t have to call me that,” he told her again. Popping up the dial of the Omnitrix, he browsed through the selection. “Ah, here we go.” He pressed down on the dial, sinking it back into the watch. With the customary bright flash, he shifted into a slender, reptilian creature. He was light purple mottled with darker purple spots, with a black spike sticking out of the back his head, and three eyes; one red, one green and one blue. “This is ChamAlien,” he said as he posed to let her take a few pictures. He went through several more forms, a mix of default Omnitrix forms and the ones he had picked up from Equestria. The Omnitrix timed out, reverting him to normal. “That enough?” he asked, smiling at her.

“Oh yes, of course!” she said with a grateful nod, “As promised, you may take the whole set!”

“Thank you,” he said with a smile, placing them all into his cube. As he turned to go, he paused and turned back. “Actually there is one more thing.”

“What is it?” she asked, tilting her head.

“Mind if I get a scan of you?” he asked, holding up the Omnitrix.

“M-me?” she asked, her eyes going wide.

“Of course, I don’t have a scan of your species yet and you're the first I’ve met so, what do you say?”

“Yes!” she shouted, jumping up and down in place. She stopped after a few moments, clearing her throat. “I uh... would be honored.”

Jason stepped closer, causing the Omnitrix to beep. “Uncatalogued DNA detected,” it chirped, passing a yellow light over the mare before it resumed its normal color.

“Thanks,” Jason said, smiling at her.

“No, thank you!” she said, looking up at him. “Oh, before you leave may I um... see your new form?” she asked, giving him the classic puppy dog eyes.

“Of course,” he said with a smile, dialing up the form and shifting into it. His coat was a deep shimmery blue, while his mane and tail were white, with various shades of blue running through it.

“Whoa,” she said, looking him over, “What are you going to name this one?”

“Lapis. Lapis Lazuli,” Jason said with a smile. “Well, thank you.” He continued to smile, waving as he turned to leave.

“Be safe!” she called out, waving in return.

Jason spent the next few hours walking around, picking up various objects as gifts and such. He even managed to pick up a Orthros scan for Zed’s Nemetrix. At various points he saw Fluttershy and Dash darting back and forth, carrying different items, at one point he swore he even saw them with that Orthros.

“So, did everyone get what they wanted?” Jason asked, walking up to the girls.

“I did!” Spike said with a smile, presenting his new comic.

Applejack opened her mouth to talk, only for a loud boom to fill the air. Everyone still present looked up, watching as a rift was torn open in the sky. Out of it came a very large silver construct, which hovered in the sky. Smaller greenish constructs flew out of it, landing throughout the town. Short bipedal creatures emerged from them, wearing black armor and carrying strange silver objects.

“Um... what the hay are those?” Dash asked, pointing to one, her eyes wide.

“Oh shit,” Jason said, shaking his head. “Ok girls, I need you to get the citizens out of here,” he ordered, cracking his neck.

“Jason? Do you know what’s going on?” Twilight asked nervously as the figures got closer.

“Yeah, we’re being invaded,” he replied, drawing his sword. Beside him, Zed growled, sharing her master’s anger. A moment later, the silver construct projected the image of a fat greenish creature into the sky above the town. Its skin was reminiscent of a frog’s, its eyes red.

“Greetings, citizens of whatever this backwater planet is called. I am commander Porunga of the glorious Incursean empire. Our esteemed leader Attea has decided to add your planet to our empire. Surrender now and none of you will be harmed.”

“Fuck off!” Jason shouted up to Porunga, giving him the finger. “Ok, he’s going to be pissed off so... yeah girls, get the citizens out of here, Zed and I got this,” Jason said, running off before any of them could protest. “Zed, Slamworm,” he commanded, causing the Baskurr to shift into a very large orange worm creature. She let out a screech before burrowing into the ground. The Incurseans opened fire on him, though most of their fire was absorbed into Laevateinn.

Zed erupted out of the ground, knocking over a few stalls and scattering a group of Incurseans. She dove back under before they could retaliate, striking out several more times against them.

“Stupid fucking frogs!” Jason seethed, using a repulsion glyph to take out an oncoming group. A few snuck up behind him, preparing to take him out. Jason spun around, only to find the Incurseans out cold, a grinning turquoise pegasus with a striped orange and gold mane hovering there.

“Looks like you could use some help,” she said, a cocky smirk on her face.

“Just don’t get yourself killed,” he said with a chuckle.

“Heh, I’m way too fast for these clowns,” she boasted. Darting off, she knocked a few more soldiers off their feet.

“Y’know, might as well test this out,” Jason said, closing his eyes. He opened them after a second, though now they were pure red. He slammed a fist into the ground, sending out a shockwave of ice, which froze a few of them solid. “Oh, this going to be fun,” he said with a grin.

Meanwhile, the girls were doing their best to keep the citizens safe. Dash knocked a soldier away from a foal, panting a little, “There’s so many of them...”

“It’s like the wedding all over again!” Applejack shouted, bucking an Incursean in the stomach.

“This isn’t nearly as bad!” Dash called, ramming one into wall. A sudden scream caught their attention, making them whirl around. Fluttershy had been cornered by several Incurseans, each of them aiming their weapons at her. Dash let out a scream, flying quicker than she thought she could, knocking them all away from the terrified mare. “No one hurts my friends!” her body glowed brightly and she took off, leaving a solid contrail behind her. She flew around every Incursean she could find, including their ships. She then turned toward Porunga’s ship, making a beeline for it. She picked up speed, starting to perform an aileron roll. A split second later, a rainboom tore across the sky, only this time, it ripped a hole in the world itself. “Go! Home!” she screamed at the ship, wrapping it in her contrail before bucking it into the rift, watching as it dragged the rest of their invasion forces with it.

“Whoa...” Jason said having watched the whole thing in awe. Dash flew a circle around the portal, closing it. She then quickly flew down to Fluttershy and pulled her into a tight hug.

“I’m okay, Rainbow,” Fluttershy cooed softly, hugging her friend back.

“You girls ok?” Jason asked, walking back over to them, his clothes burnt in several places.

“Yeah sugarcube, we’re alright,” Applejack said, giving him a tired smile.

“Heh, things are never dull around you guys huh?” the pegasus from before asked, landing next to Jason.

“What are you doing here?” Dash asked, glaring bitterly at the new arrival.

“You know her?” Jason asked as Zed padded over to him, having found herself some food.

“Yeah, her name’s Lightning Dust, a Wonderbolt Academy washout,” Dash sneered, trying to compose herself.

“Wonderbolt washout huh?” Jason asked, looking at Lightning Dust. “How would you like to join my guard?”

“What? You serious?” said pegasus asked, looking rather surprised.

“Hell yeah I am, I could use more than just changelings guarding me,” he said with a smirk.

“I wholeheartedly accept, sir,” she said, standing up straight and saluting.

“Don’t call me sir,” Jason said, frowning a bit. “I’m not my father.”

Dust smirked, looking up at him, “Yes, sir.”

Jason just glared at her before turning to the others. “Spike, take a letter.” he said, shaking his head. Celestia was not going to be happy about this, not at all.

PreviousChapters Next