• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,443 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,443

PreviousChapters Next
Of Might And Courage Part 2

Author's Note:

The second part of my current crossover. It's been a lot of fun working with shinigamisparda. Did I mention co-authoring is fun?

Upchuck: http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Upchuck

Applejack ran as fast as she could into town, her legs screaming in protest. Not only had she heard the declaration threatening the town, she had also seen the impossible to miss alien creature that had appeared in the Everfree several minutes before.

Barrelling into town, she made for the library, slamming into the door and knocking it off its hinges. “Twilight! Where’s Jason!?” the farm pony asked, panting heavily.

“Applejack, just calm down,” Twilight said, holding up her hooves. “You need to calm yourself.”

“‘Calm myself’ nothing, where is Jason?” Applejack asked a bit more forcefully.

“He uh... went out to fight that thing...” Twilight said, drawing circles on the floor with her hoof.

“He did what!? Why didn’t ya stop him!?”

“I tried b-but he wouldn’t listen! And Slash told me to let him go!”

“You let him go?” Applejack asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

“I let him go,” Slash said, glaring back at her.

“Anything happens to him, and Ah’ll make you pay,” Applejack warned the changeling before running out of the library. Apples stuck together and no one hurt her family if she had anything to say about it.

***
Jason groaned, shaking his head as he tried to shake the sleepiness from his mind.

“Wha… where am I?” he muttered.

“Ah, finally awake. ‘Sup, sport?”

Jason turned his head towards the voice, finally noticing that he was being carried by the guy who had just pummelled him before. “If you broke any of my teeth... I’m gonna chuck you into orbit...”

“Nope. Nothing like that. You actually held up pretty well, considering. I did what little healing I could, but Cure spells aren’t my specialty.”

Jason inspected himself and found that the formerly gushing wounds were now looking well on their way to just being scars. Didn’t get rid of the blood on his clothing, though.

“Ever consider a career as a punching bag?”

“Funny... Rarity is going to be so pissed when she sees my clothes.”

“Ah, ya can’t sweat the little things. Besides, some cold water and detergent should get that right out. So, how’s life Jasonjasonhughes?”

“Why do you keep calling me that?”

“I liked how Reiny kept calling Ben ‘Benbentennyson.’ I just always found it particularly amusing.”

“Don’t mention things from my childhood... they’re trying to kill me... “

“Get used to it pal. You’re a Displaced now, and lots of things you recognize are going to try to kill you, and maybe even a few things you won’t. But hey, maybe you’ll come across someone else like me. Or, well, maybe without the ‘test character’ beating, but still willing to help you out.”

“I already met one... his name is Ben... got turned into Ben Ten.. “

“Is that so? Which version?”

“Alien Force, though he had that crappy iPhone Omnitrix.”

“You mean the green one?”

“Nah, it’s white with a touch pad interface.”

“Huh. Don’t know that one. Honestly, I lost interest in the series after the Highbreed arc, but to be honest I was never much a fan of Alien Force to begin with. Lost a lot of the childish charm that got me to fall in love with the original series.”

“I can see that. Doesn’t explain why I have Ansem and Xemnas running around.”

“Wait, what? That doesn’t make any sense. You should be suffering attacks from other aliens, like I am with bosses from FF V.”

“Well they're here, along with that jackass Arishok from Dragon Age II,” Jason grumbled. “Bastard stabbed me in the shoulder.”

“Didn’t play Dragon Age. Didn’t get to it. But that’s really interesting to hear. I don’t suppose they were trapped in stone for a while?”


“Actually, yeah. I have no idea what Xemnas and Ansem did, but The Arishok went on a genocidal campaign to convert the ponies to his religion.”

“Yup, that’d get Celestia and Luna pissed off enough to use the Elements of Harmony on them. I’m gonna take a wild guess here, but I think those three might also be Displaced like us. First time I’ve heard of more than one being sent to the same universe, though. By the way, can you walk on your own?”

“Only one way to find out.” he said, motioning to be set down. He stumbled a bit, quickly regaining his balance. He turned to speak, only to be drowned out by the buzzing of wings.
“Seriously?”

“Step away from my mate, demon!” Queen Chrysalis commanded, landing in front of them, joined by a dozen drones.

There was a long silence, aside from the buzzing and hissing, before Gilgamesh turned to Jason.

“‘Mate?’”

“Meet my stalker,” Jason groaned, shaking his head. “Look I’m not into you, just go away!”

“You say that now.” she said with a grin, making him shudder. “Now watch as I defeat this demon!” she declared, firing a blast of magic at Gilgamesh.

The warrior quickly unclipped his weapon and smacked the blast aside before it hit him.

“Ok, one: Demon? Really? Two: You really don’t want to mess with me. Three: I’m not trying to kill him and Four: Just why the hell is she interested in you?” he asked, directing that last part at Jason.

“She saw me as a changeling king and got all creeper on me,” Jason said, shivering under the queen’s gaze.

“And what a stud of a king he is,” she said, licking her lips. “Nonetheless, have at you!” she shouted, charging at Gilgamesh.

The warrior responded by jumping out of the way and landing on a large tree branch before laughing his head off.

“Oh my god, are you serious!? That’s freaking hilarious! Even better than when Tiny hit on Four Arms!” he managed to say between his laughing fits.



“Shut the hell up, jackass!” Jason hissed, glaring up at him.

Chrysalis flew up at the warrior, baring her fangs. Her movements were graceful, as if she was trying to show off. “Worry not my love! I will defeat this foul demon!”

Gilgamesh could only continue to laugh.

“Hey, here’s an idea! Why don’t you head back into town and let her fawn over you? Hell, you can even carry her bridal style! It’ll be hilarious to see the expressions on everyone’s faces! Uh, everypony’s faces, I mean.”

Chrysalis took advantage of his laughing, bucking him as hard as possible in the back of his head. “Do not mock my love!”

Gilgamesh grunted when he hit the ground, only to continue laughing.

“I’m not! Hey this could be a great opportunity! If you do this you could serve as a bridge for pony-changeling relations! ‘Jason Hughes, making love, not war!’”

Jason just groaned, running his hands down his face.

“What in tarnation is going on!?” a familiar southern drawl called out, interrupting the scene.

“Oh great one of those cursed Elements. Well I’d best be off, until next time my love,” Chrysalis said, blowing Jason a kiss before flying off with her drones.

“Wait, come back! This is the perfect time to get negotiations started! Just think of all the love you can get through having se-!”

“WILL YOU JUST STOP ALREADY!?” Jason shouted.

Gilgamesh’s laughter finally began dying down. “Ok, ok, I’m done.”

“Jason!” Applejack shouted, rushing over to him and throwing her arms around him in a hug. “Ah was so worried...” she said, pausing when she saw the blood. She turned toward Gilgamesh, a look of hate in her eyes.

“Ok, yes, I beat him up. There was good reason for it, or at least I think so. Besides, I healed him as best I could afterwards.”

“Ya’ll hurt mah family?” she asked, pulling away from Jason, her steps slow and deliberate.

“‘Family?’ Wow, have you really gotten that close to them?” Gilgamesh asked Jason. “Wait, she doesn’t mean through marriage, does she?”

“No you idiot. The Omnitrix scanned her and by their logic, I’m related to them through my earth pony form. Also, she looks freaking pissed.”

“Meh, not worried. That part about smashing mountains and levelling cities? Not exaggerating, even if I don’t do that anymore.”

Applejack rushed him, managing to kick a leg out from under him. As he fell she kicked him in the face as hard as she could, sending him into a tree. “Teach ya’ll to hurt mah family,” she said, adjusting her hat and trotting over to Jason.

“Wow. I guess I underestimated the Apple family after all,” he said as he stood up. “Still, like I said, I did have good reason for it. If we could head back to Ponyville I can explain. I don’t want to repeat myself.”

“Then lets get going. I don’t want to wait around for anything else to show up,” Jason said, starting to walk toward town. Applejack stopped, glaring at Gilgamesh, gesturing with her hoof that she was watching him before galloping after him.

“Well, this should be fun.”

***

“Jason!” Twilight shouted, rushing over to the human to hug him tightly. The townsponies were still hiding, though the Elements and the princesses had arrived.

“This is the creature?” Luna asked, raising an eyebrow. “It doesn’t look like much,” she sounded rather disappointed.

“I would think any warrior would know not to judge by appearances, fair Luna. And if you don’t find me much to look at, I’m happy to say that at least the same is not true in your case,” Gilgamesh replied before winking and clicking his tongue at the azure diarch.

“Ha! See Tia, I told you all that cake was making you fat!” Luna said, rather pleased with herself. “Even this creature knows that I am the fairest princess!”

Celestia just sighed, giving a rather un-princess-like facehoof. “Please try to stay on topic Luna.” Luna just stuck her tongue out, causing Celestia to roll her eyes.

Gilgamesh struggled for a few moments to suppress a giggling fit before clearing his throat. “Well, I believe introductions are in order.” The warrior took a deep breath before posing dramatically. “BEHOLD MORTALS, FOR YOU STAND BEFORE THE MIGHTY WARRIOR WHO TRAVELS THE RIFT SEEKING ADVENTURE AND CHALLENGE! MY FEATS, LEGENDARY! MY POWER, EARTH MOVING! I HAVE BEEN GIVEN MANY NAMES FROM MANY PEOPLES! TO THE DRAKES, I AM THE DRAGON SMASHER! TO THE BUFFALO, THE STORM BRINGER! TO THE GRIFFONS, THE WING CLIPPER! TO THE MINOTAURS, THE HORN BREAKER! TO THE CHANGELINGS, I AM ‘THAT NUTJOB THAT RUINED OUR INVASION!’ TO THE PONIES, I AM COMBAT INCARNATE! BASK IN MY GLORY, FOR YOU STAND BEFORE THE MIGHTY GILGAMESH!

As he finished a tumbleweed came from nowhere and crossed behind him.

“Also summoner of tumbleweeds and bringer of awkward silences,” he added.

“Tia, I am liking this creature more and more!”

Celestia glared at Luna, ignoring her comment. “I would welcome you to Equestria but you did threaten my ponies. Explain yourself.”

“Yes, yes, an unfortunate yet necessary measure to begin my evaluation.”

“Evaluation?”

“Indeed. I am looking for a new student to teach in the art of combat, my second. I received the token and proclamation from young Jason here and decided to test him. I find that one’s true personality and what they hold dear show themselves in desperation, and so I threatened the citizenry before overwhelming him with my power. I myself am pleased at what I have found, and I think you would be too, Celestia. What you have here is a being that would continue to fight and even sacrifice himself for those he cares about even when he knows victory is completely out of his grasp.”

Jason looked away with a blush, rubbing his neck.

“And now that you know this, what do you plan on doing?” Celestia asked, locking eyes with Gilgamesh.

“Teach him, of course. That is if that is what he desires.”

“Teach me?” Jason asked, taken aback.

“Of course! As a follower of Odin, surely you’d be more than willing to gain power. And even if you weren’t, I’d recommend it anyway. As much as many would like to deny it, the strong decide what happens to the weak. If you wish for things like friendship, love, and harmony to win, you must be powerful enough to defend them,” Gilgamesh replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

“I’ll do it.” Jason said, nodding his head. “The Omnitrix is supposed to be a tool of peace and I intend to use it as intended.”

“Good to hear. Although, to be honest, I’ve never trained anyone who wasn’t already a fighter to some extent. Sorry to be harsh, but as far as your courage is concerned, you’re rather pathetic.”

“Yeah, I noticed.”

“Sorry. Oh and if you all could perhaps start fleeing, I could give you a demonstration of my power.”

“‘F-Fleeing?’” Twilight asked in concern as both Celestia and Luna tensed.

The warrior simply smiled before moving behind the princesses in a barely perceptible flash of speed, his arm raised threateningly. They gathered magic in their horns, ready to retaliate, only to stop as he smashed his fist straight into the ground. A moment later he retracted it, grasping a black coated figure in his hand.

”Well Hidey-Ho, neighbor!” he shouted with childlike glee before slamming his other fist into the bipedal being’s face, sending it tumbling.

“It looks like my brother was right, a new player has entered the game,” the being responded, getting to its feet. It threw back its hood, revealing its face.

“Xemnas!” Celestia shouted, powering up her horn.

“Only a temporary player, unfortunately. But I intend to make quite the impact while I’m here,” Gilgamesh replied.

“I am afraid I can’t allow that,” the Nobody responded, summoning his ethereal blades.

“Mares, gentlecolts, Jason,” he began, causing the boy to grunt in annoyance, “if you could please stand back. It’s time for me to put on a show, and this one isn’t audience participation.”

Celestia hesitated, looking between the two beings, before nodding. “Very well, but I expect you to do what you can to not endanger our subjects.”

“Of course,” the warrior replied before he unclipped his weapon, music beginning to radiate from him. “Can’t promise much in terms of property damage, though.”


“What!?”

“IN THE NAME OF HIRONOBU SAKAGUCHI, HAVE AT THEE!” he shouted before dashing forwards.

The two combatants clashed weapons before moving in and out between each other, dodging and deflecting each others attacks with incredible agility. Xemnas jumped backwards and summoned bolts of power, firing them at the armored warrior before disappearing in a swirl of darkness.

Just as Gilgamesh finished deflecting the last bolt Xemnas appeared behind him in the same manner he had vanished, with his blades ready to strike. He found his attack intercepted - the warrior planted his weapon into the ground, using it as a support and slammed both feet into his opponent’s face, sending him flying.

Gilgamesh followed only for the Nobody to vanish mid-flight. He reappeared several yards away, giving himself space to recover.

“Quite the zealous one, aren’t you?” he commented.

“‘Zealous?’ I’m not zealous! I’M HOT-BLOODED!” the warrior shouted back before dashing towards his opponent with his weapon at the ready.

“You’re one of those idiots aren’t you?” Xemnas asked, the slightest hint of a frown on his otherwise blank face. Just as the warrior was about to strike he raised his barrier to repel the attack. The warrior surprised him, however, by jumping above it and swinging his weapon down, only for the attack to be repelled again as he used his other hand to summon another barrier.

Xemnas quickly sent out a copy of himself that proceeded to unleash a volley of strikes with its blades upon the armored man. “You’re actually a challenge,” the Nobody said with a nod, a determined look in his eyes.

As the clone continued to strike his opponent the original Xemnas summoned a swarm of bolts around himself. The copy flew upwards before he launched the hailstorm of energy at his opponent, knocking him onto his back. The duplicate then proceeded to dive down, ready to deliver the finishing blow.

”PENETRATING BEAM!”


Gilgamesh fired a searing hot laser from his eyes that took off the clone’s head, causing it to disperse into nothing, before quickly hopping to his feet.

“Who’s the idiot? The dumbass or the one who gets beaten by him?”

“I see I will have to get serious,” Xemnas said, touching his left shoulder to summon forth his keyblade armor. He held out his hand, a keyblade forming in it.

“Well that’s unexpected. Then again, so is this!” Gilgamesh shout before unclipping his shield and hurling it at his opponent.

Xemnas moved to swat the shield aside only for it to take more effort than he thought. Still, it didn’t damage him, and he turned to face his enemy again, only to find him missing.

“Peekaboo,” came a voice from below him.

He looked down in time for the warrior to grab his neck and jump out of a tear in reality below him. He carried his unwilling companion high into the air.

EIN!” he shouted before positioning Xemnas across his shoulders, slamming his back against his own as he hit the ground. “ZWEI!” he cried, jumping into the air and repeating the action. “DREI!” he yelled once more, jumping into the air, spinning and taking his quarry with him before positioning them both for a body slam. “ENDE!” came the final shout before the warrior slammed his massive bulk into the ground, flattening his opponent under him. The tall biped backflipped away.

“There’s some German for ya!”

Xemnas laid still for a moment before getting up, his armor rather scraped up. “You truly are quite the warrior. It almost makes me...” he started before shaking his head. “Let us continue.”

The Nobody floated into the air before raising his hand. The ground began to rumble until a loud crack rang out. Everypony turned to see town hall was now floating in the air, spinning before aiming itself at Gilgamesh like a spear.

The ponies all gasped in horror, watching the building soar through the air. Xemnas paused, noticing a young filly standing in the path of the building. He teleported over, grabbed the filly and teleporting away.

“Hey! Let her go! This is between you and me!”

“You misunderstand,” Xemnas said, setting the filly down. “I do not wish to bring unnecessary harm to bystanders.”

Gilgamesh stared back in shock. He was about to speak when Xemnas thrust his arm forward, causing the floating building to fire at him. The warrior took a battle stance and exhaled sharply before taking a large swing with his weapon, slicing the building cleanly in two, causing the pieces to land on either side of him.

“NO! NOT AGAIN!” Applejack shouted. “I HAD TOO MUCH TROUBLE RAISING THE MONEY LAST TIME!”

“I gotta say, I didn’t expect that from you, Xemnas,” Gilgamesh began. “You sure you’re a Nobody? I think I hear a heartbeat.”

“I merely wish to reclaim my heart, only those who stand in my way will be harmed.”

“Personally I don’t think that’s the way to go about it. Why not try to buy into the whole ‘Magic of Friendship’ thing? I have.”

“And, what would you know?” he replied, raising his keyblade skyward. Soon a dome of energy bolts appeared around Gilgamesh.

“Oh shit.”

The Nobody brought his weapon down, signaling for the bolts to begin firing. The warrior managed to deflect them in quick succession with his naginata at first, but the rate of fire increased to the point he was barely able to keep up. For every one he deflected, three more struck him. After nearly a full minute the attack dispersed, leaving a wounded and exhausted Gilgamesh to fall to his knees.

“Ow.”

“Are you ready to give in?”

“Heh. Just because I don’t worship the Allfather doesn’t mean I would be displeased with dying in combat.”

“So be it,” Xemnas replied, raising his weapon for the final strike. Before he could bring the Keyblade down though a gust of wind behind from behind caught his attention. He turned and barely managed to dodge the Genji Shield that was hurtling at his head. The shield was quickly caught and returned to its spot on Gilgamesh’s back.

“However, that doesn’t mean I particularly plan on dying! HENSHIN!” he shouted as he took a strange pose. A flash of light came and in an instant the warrior’s place stood an eight-armed version of himself with different armor and no weapons.

“Pummeling time,” he said with a smirk before dashing forward and unleashing a flurry of punches upon his opponent. “DORARARARARARARARARARARARA! DORA!” he cried as he finished the assault with an earth-shaking punch, sending the Nobody tumbling.

“I made the mistake of giving you a chance to breathe,” he began, raising all eight of his arms and causing one of the pieces of town hall to rise into the air. “Not this time!”

He jumped up, grabbing the building half before slamming it down into his enemy, who had just stopped tumbling. He landed on top of the structure before throwing his head back and shouting a battle cry.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYY!

He then proceeded to slam his eight fists rapidly into the structure forcing it to crush the helpless victim underneath. “MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!” he shouted before finally slamming one of his elbows into the building, unleashing a shockwave upon the ground. He then jumped skywards as the structure crumbled.

NOT DONE YET!

He then began sending out rapid punches, each one creating a comically large boxing glove that fired into the ground and exploded, all while laughing maniacally.

PENETRATING BEAM!

He once again fired the searing beam from his eyes, twice as large as before, before finally falling back to earth.

The ponies were too stunned and terrified to even utter a word as Gilgamesh fell to his hands and knees gasping for breath. After a few moments he stood up began to laugh again.

“Oh come on! We both know you’re not done yet!” he said with a disturbing amount of enthusiasm.

“W-What!?” Jason stuttered.

Xemnas staggered out of the crater, his armor cracked and broken.

“Oh you have got to be freaking kidding me!” he shouted. He didn’t know what was worse, that Gilgamesh could dish out that kind of damage or that Xemnas could take it.

“How... why can’t I beat you?” he asked, his keyblade slipping from his hand and dissipating. “Tell me why!” he demanded with what sounded like anger.

“Well, I could say that I’m stronger, faster, and more experienced. That’s probably true. But the real truth is that this outcome was inevitable. After all, I’m fighting for more than just myself,” Gilgamesh answered simply.

Xemnas just stared at him, holding out his hand. He opened a dark portal and stepped through it, making sure to seal it after himself.

“What!? Running away already!? Oh come on! I didn’t even get to use this form’s weapons against you!” he complained in a childish tone. “Meh. Whatever.” In a flash he returned to his previous two-armed form.

“That was quite... impressive, Gilgamesh.” Celestia said as she looked over the damage.

“Gah! This is going to take days to clean up!” Twilight moaned with a pout.

“I got this,” Jason said, using his Omnitrix to change into Perk Upchuck. The gathered group watched in fascinated horror as the little creature proceeded to devour the debris.

“It’s like a train wreck, it’s horrible to watch, but I just can’t look away,” Rarity said.

“Yes, well, thank you for protecting Ponyville, Gilgamesh,” Celestia said, trying to ignore the feasting Jason.

“Like I said, I couldn’t make any promises about property damage. But I’m pretty sure Ponyville’s suffered worse.”

“How do we know we can trust you? This could all have been an elaborate ruse to make us lower our guard.”

“... Are you seriously asking me that?” he asked with an incredulous tone.

“True, after everything you’ve done here it is unlikely, but considering your power and your… fervor for battle, I’m afraid I must err on the side of caution for the sake of my subjects. If you could provide me some sort of proof, I will gladly forget such possibilities.”

Gilgamesh threw his arms up into the air. “HOW IN THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO-!” he began, only to suddenly stop. “Wait a minute… Maybe…” He then reached into his scarf. “Kinda making some assumptions here, but... voilà!” He pulled out a medallion emblazoned with the two alicorn sisters circling the sun and moon.

“Is that... the badge of honor?” Luna asked, looking at it, clearly shocked.

“Sweet! So you guys do have it here! And yeah, that’s what I was told when Luna gave it to me. Well, when that other Luna gave it to me.”

“Other Luna?” she asked, tilting her head.

“Oh, right, um, I don’t suppose Jason told you about the whole ‘alternate reality’ thing going on?”

“Oh he did, it’s just, rather strange to think about.”

“Yeah, believe me, I know. You’re the seventh Princess Luna I’ve met. Not that I’m complaining, mind you,” he added with a suggestive tone.

“Oh. Oh, my,” Luna said with a blush.

“I-In any case!” Celestia interrupted.

“Hey, I have a question,” Jason interrupted, waddling over to them. “Can you send Displaced home?”

“Oh hey, that’s right! Give me a sec,” Gilgamesh said, putting the medallion away before reaching behind him, pulling out a folder. “Here you go, this was sent out a while ago by another Displaced who goes by Auric Fulcrum. One of the best of us, in my opinion, and I don’t just mean in terms of power.”

“Isn’t that the ‘praise the sun’ guy?” Jason asked, scratching his head. “You know, from Dark Souls?”

“Um, I never played the game, but I think that guy’s name is Solaire. Although, from what I've heard there’s actually a Displaced version of him, too. This guy’s from a Golden Sun version of Equestria. Anyway, here, take a look.”

The warrior handed him the folder and the human-turned-alien opened it and began to read.

To you who find this folder-

If you are reading this, you are what I refer to as a Displaced. Some of us are being held here, in worlds not our own, by one known as The Merchant, a Void-Dweller of great power. If you can use these notes to find your way back to your relative home, I wish you the best of luck, for one of two reasons - either because The Merchant is not to be trifled with, or because finding your relative Earth in all the Multiverse is like trying to find a grain of sand in a sandstorm.
Personally, I have no desire to leave. True, abandoning my life on Earth seems cowardly. But the power I now wield confers a responsibility, one that I fulfill willingly. And life in Equestria is more likely to be peaceable than life on Earth.
To those that want to return, I wish you the best of luck, and tell you that the best of results could be gathered by using something that you brought with you.
To those that wish to remain, I tell you that these notes can easily be reversed and used to shield your home from intrusions. Most notably, Discord could find them useful.
To those of you that wish to try to fight The Merchant, I tell you that he will likely not go down easy. Your best bet is to find the one known as Xante and team up with him.
And to those of you that wish to drag us all back...

Do not test me.
-Auric Fulcrum, Master of Psynergy, Wielder of the Flames of Alchemy, Slayer of the Wise One, Knight of the Eclipse, Lord of Eureka, Blade of Understanding.

“Well that’s... informative, but I was hoping for a way to send The Arishok home.”

“You wish a war criminal to go free?” Luna asked, narrowing her eyes.
“Of course not but if we send him home, he can’t come back. He won’t be anyone special, he’ll just be another human among a billion.” Jason countered.

“True, but that works under the assumption he won’t keep his form when he goes back,” Gilgamesh said. “Personally, I think you should find a way to get into his head, find out why he did what he did. It might surprise you, but not everybody gets to be the same person in their head when they become a displaced. Hell, there is even a group of three known as the ‘Triad of Madness.’ Guess why?”

“They went mad?”

“Worse. The items that give them their powers and brought them to their respective universes made and are keeping them insane. And they run the risk of inflicting the same effect on others.”

“Nonetheless, until we know for certain, The Arishok is to remain in Tartarus.” Celestia said, a hard look on her face.

“Wow, kinda harsh for you Tia. Then again, as the saying goes, ‘beware the nice ones,’” Gilgamesh stated.

“He did commit genocide,” Jason reminded.

“I wish he was the only one,” the warrior muttered.

“What was that?”

“Nothing, just... remembering some of my failings as a teacher,” he replied sadly.

“Oh.”

“Since the situation seems to be well in hoof, I place this under your watch Twilight, farewell everypony,” Celestia said, taking off. Luna sauntered over to Gilgamesh, removing his faceplate with her magic and giving him a kiss. She returned it with a wink before following her sister.

The ponies stood in shock will Jason was laughing his ass off.

“Oh, now who has the stalker?!”

The warrior simply stood there for a moment before smiling back.

“Hey, at least I enjoy this one stalking me.”

“Girls, I think Twilight is broken. Again,” Rainbow called out, noticing Twilight was a gibbering mess at the moment.

“It’s fine,” Jason said, waving his arm dismissively. He touched the Omnitrix and returned to normal. “Let’s get her back to the library,” Jason said, picking up Twilight, grunting a bit as he did so. The girls said goodbye, heading off to their homes now that the danger had passed.

***

Xemnas didn’t really feel the cold, one of the few perks of being a Nobody. Currently, he was waiting for Ansem to come back from one of his tasks. He scowled, his mind drifting to the warrior’s words.

“Something to fight for...”

“Are you alright Xemnas?” Trixie-Ansem asked, startling him out of his reverie.

“Of course brother, I’m fine,” he lied, turning to them.

“Good. I’m happy to inform you that my mission was a success.” they said, levitating the alicorn amulet into view. “That zebra didn’t hide this very well.”

“I would hope not,” Xemnas said, nodding.

“Soon our plan will be complete and you will be whole again,” Trixie-Ansem said, gazing at the pink shield of the Crystal Empire with a predatory grin on their muzzle. All the while, Trixie’s screams of agony went unheard to all but Ansem.

PreviousChapters Next