• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,407 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,407

PreviousChapters Next
Fear and Loathing in Alternate Equestrias Part 2

Author's Note:

Ok guys so again, spoiler warning. I also want to announce that the story is coming to a close. I have all the remaining chapters set up and now I'm just waiting for a few crossovers to get done, including one that I know you'll all love. This also means that I'm no longer taking any new crossovers for this story. If you want one, it'll have to go into the sequel thingy.

“So, more visitors from another version of Equus?” Celestia asked, looking over the group. “I must admit, even hearing about it multiple times, it’s odd to see other versions of those you know.”

The visiting group met inside the palace, gaining some curious looks from those on duty, especially with them seeing double. Still, no one interrupted.

“Or yourself,” 1st Sergeant Rarity added, looking at her insect-winged counterpart.

“At least you’re not like that other Twilight that visited us,” Lady Rarity said, fixing her wings, “I never thought any version of Twilight could be so racist.”

“‘Racist?’” Gilgamesh asked.

“She hated changelings,” Jason spoke up, “Said any world that had peace with them should be avoided. Even went so far as to say she prayed that they all died when they were thrown from Canterlot.”

Commander Chrysalis looked surprised. “I see. I guess my invasion wasn’t quite as casualty-free as it was in this world. But, let’s move onto less depressing subjects, shall we? Have enough doom and gloom here without adding to it. So, you say you are my-I mean her... fiancé?”

“Yup,”Jason said with smirk, his arm around Chrissy, “Been together since a little after she started stalking me.”

“I was not stalking you!” she protested, glaring at him.

“I think most of our friends would disagree,” he teased.

“And the wings?” Chrysalis asked.

“They and the rest of my alterations happened after I assumed the role of empress,” Chrissy said, giving them a buzz.

“‘Empress?’” the queen repeated in shock. “There hasn’t been an empress here since long before even my grandmother. I honestly thought they were just stories.”

“Same in our version, though some of the queens still didn't feel like uniting."

“Unfortunately, there aren’t any other hives to unite in this Equestria.”

“I see,” she said tapping her chin in thought. “I suppose that means you don’t have kings here?”

“‘Kings?’”

“Yeah, I paid a visit to their dimension twice before,” Gilgamesh butted in. “Apparently how things work there is that they’ve got kings who live by themselves and the queens try to woo them so they can start hives. That watch thing on his wrist can analyse any creature and allow him to turn into them for a short time, and it turned out there was a king under their Celestia’s command, in the royal guard. That’s how the whole stalking thing started.”

“Not you too,” Chryssi complained.

“By the way, how is Slash? Last I heard you told me he got a little messed up in that rebellion.”

“More than a little, Celestia had to discharge him from the guard,” Jason said with a sigh, “They pried off pieces of his carapace and electrocuted him. He’s got nerve damage but luckily he’s not crippled.”

“Yeesh. So, if he’s not in the guard now, what does he do?”

“Not much, but he and Celestia are going out now.”

Gilgamesh and Celestia both looked surprised.

“No kidding? Hope it works out. Honestly I’ve yet to meet a version of Celestia who’s actively dating. Maybe you should try getting back on the scene?” he said to the princess, causing her to blush.

“M-Maybe when this is all over.”

“Now Princess Celestia, a war is no reason to put off courting. After all, Spike and I have been getting along quite swimmingly despite the current hardships,” Sergeant Rarity quipped.

“I... don’t want to know,” Jason said, making a bit of a face, as did Rarity and Chrissy.

“What’s with those faces?” she asked indignantly.

“Isn’t he like, twelve?” Chrissy asked, “That would be like me dating one of my drones.” She gagged a bit at the thought.

“Ok, so admittedly he’s bit young in terms of actual age, but as for his mental and physical maturity... well, you should see for yourselves, I think you’d be quite surprised.”

“It still sounds too squicky for me,” Lady Rarity said with a shudder, “I’d never be able to see Spikey-wikey that way,” she said, nuzzling into Jason’s side.

The warrior and three mares looked and the display of affection with raised eyebrows.

“Hold on, I thought Chrissy was your special somepony–er, some... changeling?” Sergeant Rarity said to Jason. “Do you mean to tell me you’re also-?”

“One word: Polygamy.” Jason put his arm around Chrissy, “It’s totally a thing.”

“I take it you don’t have that here?” Lady Rarity asked, buzzing her wings.

“No, we do, it’s just... not that common nowadays,” Celestia replied.

“Dude, poor Spike. Had to finally put your hoof down, huh? How’d he take it?” Gilgamesh asked.

“He stole an ancient book of changeling magic from our castle and gave it to Rarity. Basically it turned her into an addict, changing the town to her twisted vision. It also made her part changeling before Chrissy could stop her.”

Lady Rarity huffed, looking away.

“I still can’t believe that bitch didn’t tell us that book was in the castle,” she turned to Celestia, “No offense to you of course.”

“Um, none taken,” she replied.

“SIR! REPORTING AS YOU REQUESTED AND HERE TO GET THIS FANFIC PLOT MOVING, SIR!”

Everyone turned to see Pinkie Pie standing at attention in front of them.

“Sergeant Pinkie, perfect,” Gilgamesh began. “Listen, Thorax tells me things aren’t doing so great in terms of morale around here. I want to set something up, think you can round up Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, and anyone else you’d need to throw a party for the whole city?”

“Yupperooni, sir! I’ll get right on that!” she replied with a smile.

“Good, do it. Dismissed.”

The earth pony saluted before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

“Man, I can still barely believe she’s one of our best fighters,” Gilgamesh muttered.

“Dude, you should see Maud. I asked her to help train some drones for my guard. Dropped them all in under thirty seconds,” Jason said, his eyes widening a little at the memory, “Which reminds me,” Jason pulled out his crown and put it on. “There, now Twilight can’t say this wasn’t a diplomatic visit.”

“Pfft. Dude, I still can’t believe you’re royalty. Then again, I guess we need more royals who the common plebian can relate to.”

“Did I mention some nobles are building a town around my castle? Which is in the middle of the Everfree?”

“Seriously? That’s surprising, even if they do have good faith in you for being the liberator of Equestria. Did they just decide to try something new or what?”

“Well uh... zombie Fenrir kinda uh... broke Canterlot mountain...” Jason admitted sheepishly.

“‘Broke Canterlot mountain?’” Celestia asked in shock.

“‘Zombie Fenrir?’” Gilgamesh asked in terror. “As in ‘the world-eating wolf, Fenrir?’”

“He was resurrected by Animo and a Displaced named Don... I um... did something I really regret and now he’s out to wage war on me because he sees me as a threat. So now Canterlot is half a mountain with a city attached to it, held up by god magic.” He gave Gilgamesh a melancholy look. “That speech you gave Blueblood... it... helped her a lot...”

“‘Her?’” Celestia asked.

“The Forever King, the one who took over Equestria, transformed him,” Gilgamesh explained. “How’s she doing by the way?”

“I-I have no idea,” Jason said, shaking his head, “None of us do.”

“Wh-what? What do you mean?”

“Some time ago, my Luna realized the Nightmare that made her Nightmare Moon was still in her head, so she asked me to help. I did and it used my Omnitrix to create itself a body, a female version of me, complete with her own Omnitrix. She caught us off guard with an Ultima spell and was about to kill Celestia when Blueblood used her magic to overload her Omnitrix. We all assume the blast sent them out of our universe but we have no idea where or even if they’re still alive. It broke Celestia’s heart and she locked herself away for three weeks, crying her eyes out.” Jason finished, looking away.

“Oh god. Well, it sounds like she probably didn’t die in the blast, so there’s that. And you’re telling me you’ve got a Nightmare you running around?”

“Actually two, the one that attacked us took the name Eclipse. The other half just stayed Nightmare Moon. She lives with Fluttershy and Discord. That reminds me, ever heard of Flutterbat?”

“Yes, actually. And you mean to say you’ve got a good Nightmare Moon running around?”

“And I thought things were strange here,” Sergeant Rarity quipped.

“Also thanks to Animo, my Fluttershy is Flutterbat - permanently.”

“Wow. But she’s still the same sweet mare, just with an apple craving?”

“That, fangs, and an extra-powerful Stare, from what I can tell,” Jason said with a nod and a bit of a shudder. “The last two major things to happen recently were those invasions: The Incurseans and those weird sentai dudes.”

“Jesus Christ almighty, looks like we all need a little R&R.”

Just then a technicolor explosion came from outside. A moment later, the warning announcement came on.

“A PORTAL HAS SUDDENLY OPENED ABOVE CANTERLOT! ALL UNITS, PREPARE FOR BATTLE! REPORT TO YOUR STATIONS IMMEDIATELY!”

“Oh god, what now?” he muttered while unclipping his naginata.

Jason peeked out the window, freezing, “Gilg please tell me I’m not crazy. That’s Majin Buu fighting a Super Saiyan Raditz, right?” he asked, pointing out the window at the open portal.

“I dunno, might be SS3 Goku. Then again, he usually doesn’t wear the space armor.”

“Mhm. I see.” Everyone turned to see Chrysalis muttering to herself, her eyes unfocused. She then turned to Jason. “Can your Rainbow Dash open dimensional portals?”

“That’s how we got here,” Jason said with a nod, watching the portal close. “You realize one of those guys was a Displaced right? They were fighting in Ponyville.”

“Oh boy. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it,” Gilgamesh muttered. “Chrysalis, have them call it off.”

“Got it,” she closed her eyes and concentrated. A few moments later, the PA system came on again.

“False alarm. I repeat, false alarm. There is no enemy attack. As you were.”

“Well, now that that’s done with, let’s get all of you a place to stay for a while. Got a big party tonight and need to make arrangements. Girls, if you could handle that, I’ve got a party mare to talk to.” He then cut open a hole and left.

“Well, this is some strange life you live Jason,” Megan said, looking at her son, “This tops even the weirdest stuff I saw back in Ponyland.”

“Yeah, well... it’s just going to get weirder.” Jason said with a laugh.


It had been several hours since they had all met and conversed, the Princesses introducing the alternate versions to the masses so they wouldn’t be suspicious. They had met the other Elements and their friends and family, including R.D.’s father, Rainbow Blaze, and much to Jason and Chrissy's surprise, Chrysalis’ daughter, Princess Nectar. She and Twilight were eager to compare notes on the differences between changeling biologies in their respective dimensions, Twilight being quite entranced with the empresses’ changes, and both paying particular attention to the events that led to the ponies and changelings living as friends together. They were also surprised to see Spike in his now teenaged form, though the visitors managed to hide their grimaces when he and Sergeant Rarity nuzzled.

After some work behind the scenes, the party had been arranged at the partly destroyed remains of the Royal Canterlot Opera House, with the seats having been removed to make room for tables, a stage and sound system, and what appeared to be a dance floor. Despite Celestia having just set the sun and Luna beginning to raise the moon, the place was buzzing with activity. Jason and the others were surprised to see the diversity of participants, including the addition of horses, diamond dogs, reindeer, and even the occasional dragon. A calm and soothing jazz tune played from the band, and food and drinks from some of the best chefs like Gustave le Grand and Mulia Mild were available for everyone.

After everyone was reasonably situated and the building was relatively full, Gilgamesh got up and stood on stage.


“Everyone! Everyone, may I have your attention, please!” he shouted. He waited for the crowd to mostly quiet before he continued. “I’d like to discuss my thoughts and feelings about these recent events with you. As you know, it’s been nearly a year since this conflict started. I know it’s been hard for many of you. We’ve all lost something over these many months be it homes, livelihoods, friends, comrades, or family. I know that it’s beginning to wear on many of you, and I understand that it’s starting to seem like a grind that just doesn’t seem to stop.” Many of the expressions in the crowd turned somber.

“Now, your hardships and your feelings are by no means inconsequential, but I’d like to take this moment to focus on the great things that have happened during this crisis. When this all started we were stuck hard, Equestria’s capital and many of its great cities were left in ruin. And yet, despite this devastating first strike, we are still here. Equestria is reclaiming what is hers. Not just merely land or things of material value, but things of greater value. Many of you had no experience or training in combat before this started. I’m sure if your past selves were to see you now, they’d be stunned at what they’ve seen you accomplish. You have stood up for what is right and fought admirably, and through your strength you have defeated terrors the likes of those this world has not seen in over a millenium, and some it has never seen. To you, I say, congratulations. Your accomplishments and your development are no small feats. Feel proud, ponies, for you have become those worthy of protecting your countries ideals.”

“Hear, hear!” came a voice from the crowd and many responding to it in kind.

“But we could not have come this far without help. And it is now that I’d like to address those from other civilizations, other lands, even other continents, that that are here now. To you I say ‘thank you.’ Thank you for all you have done for us. You could have easily turned a blind eye to the suffering of this nation, of these people. Instead, you chose to fight with us. Whether you came of your own volition, or came because you were asked, I thank you. You have fought and bled alongside us, and no words can express our gratitude.”

Many voices came in response, cheering or at least responding in acknowledgement.

“So tonight, let us not reminisce on what we’ve lost but instead what we’ve gained. Let us remember the great deeds that have been done by all of you, brave soldiers of Equus, and let us look towards a future that we can all share in. For this one night, let us celebrate and remind ourselves why we pick up our weapons and fight.” He held his glass high, a simple rum and coke with ice. “FOR THE FUTURE! FOR EQUUS!”

“FOR EQUUS!” the crowd shouted back.

As Gilgamesh stepped down the music and the conversations continued, this time with more vigor than before.

“You have a knack for speeches Gilg,” Jason commented, smirking. “Oh yeah, here,” he said reaching into his cube, pulling out a sack that was comparable to Santa’s bag. “Courtesy of Gilda, all kinds of meat products made from Saehrimnir. Think of it as payback for that bag of jerky you made me.”

“Oh man, oh man!” the warrior said with glee as he took the bag, his mouth watering. “‘Scuse me a sec, Jay, I gotta take this into the kitchen. Oh, the griffins and the diamond dogs are gonna love this!” He jogged over to two double doors near the back. “HEY, GUSTAVE! SPECIAL ORDER, WHIP SOMETHING UP!”

“That cube of yours is amazing! What did you call it again?” Twilight asked, looking at the object with renewed glee.

“It’s a hypercube, it has near infinite storage,” Jason said with a smirk. He held his arm out, getting a scan off a passing reindeer. “Heh... never thought I’d get a reindeer scan.”

“Huh, so it really does just scan anything you come in contact with,” Spike commented. “I don’t suppose you’ve got a dragon in there?”

“It does, never used it though,” Jason said with a shrug. “It’s based on my version of you actually.”

“Really? Well, I guess that would make sense. It picks up the first one you come across, right?”

“Thank goodness his earth pony form is based off Applejack,” Sergeant Rarity added. “I shudder to think of craziness that could have transpired if it scanned Pinkie Pie. It sounds like you go through enough strangeness already.”

“You have no idea,” Jason said with a laugh, “I have enough to deal with as it is with Hodgepodge and Hughes in my head.”

“Speaking of, where is Pinkie?” R.D. asked. “I haven’t seen her since this thing started.”

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and the band stopped.

“What is happening?” Luna asked aloud, readying for a fight.

Just then, music came on, blaring from the stereos, as lights began to focus on a figure in the back. Gilgamesh had forsaken his armor for a white t-shirt, red leather jacket, tight black pants, and black shoes. As the song continued he began to strut towards the stage, walking by many of the stunned soldiers, before finally beginning to sing.

“Oh. My. God,” Megan said in disbelief.

“He is the master of ham,” Jason commented, shaking his head. He got up, moving through the crowd, scanning a minotaur, buffalo, and horse along the way.

Gilgamesh had finally made it to the dance floor, continuing to sing and dance... and actually be pretty good at it. Many of those in the crowd had began chuckling or even laughing at the song, though just as many were completely stunned. The light then cut out, only to refocus on stage where Pinkie Pie was expertly playing a guitar solo. As the instrument reached critical mass the pink mare disappeared in an explosion of what Jason could only guess was meant to be pure awesome. The lights refocused on Gilgamesh who continued the song, now dressed like a chef complete with toque hat and an apron that read “Kiss the Cook” in bright red letters. Now the entire crowd was laughing and applauded as the song came to a close.

Jason clapped, smirking up at him, “You’re such a goof, ya know that? Always thinking up ways to make people smile.”

“Hey, they need it, now more than ever. Now take a step back, me and Pinkie got one more performance. Hopefully after that everyone will be drunk and/or happy enough to come to the dance floor.”

“Alright, alright, do your stuff,” Jason said, taking a step back from the stage.

Right then the lights cut out and another song started up. The lights shined on Vinyl Scratch and Octavia on the stage behind the turntable, the unicorn dressed in a sparkly gold jumpsuit and the earth pony dressed in a silver one. Gilgamesh and Pinkie Pie then appeared on stage as the lights began to fill in, both dressed in black jumpsuits and wearing the iconic helmets of Daft Punk, Pinkie wearing Guy-Manuel’s helmet and Gilgamesh wearing Thomas’. How in the hell Pinkie knew the proper dance moves to go along with him I’ll never know. The entire crowd was either bobbing on tapping to the beat, and applauded when it was finally finished. Just then, the meat from Saehrimnir got wheeled out by Gustave, many in the crowd drooling and diving in while the next song started.

Pinkie and Gilgamesh both spun rapidly and were suddenly dressed in the same outfits as John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. As Gilgamesh began dancing, Pinkie was pulling others onto the dance floor, which was now lighting up several colors.

“Hey, something I grew up with,” Megan said, bobbing her head along to the beat.

“...Aw, buck it,” Celestia said suddenly before downing her drink in one big gulp. She then walked towards the dance floor before sliding across and stopping right next to Gilgamesh, both of them dancing with each other in perfect sync, looking so good it almost looked planned.

“So... do you think he plans it out or just makes it up as he goes?” Lady Rarity asked, watching them dance.

“I think its a little bit of both,” Jason said, looking between his two lovely mares, smirking, “Hey, I got me an idea.”

“What?” Chrissy asked, raising her eyebrow.

“Well, we’re gonna steal the spotlight of course!” he grinned, a plan forming in his head.

“Oh that does sound fun.” Chrissy grinned, a mischievous smile on her muzzle.

The lights cut out again, leaving everyone on the dance floor confused until [ur=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CmwsrT0cY]the next song began. The lights came back on, many of the dancers looking confused before trying to get into the beat, rocking back and forth before they all began to feel it. Spike took Sergeant Rarity onto the floor, R.D. pulled Thorax onto the floor with her, much to his own confusion. The changeling clearly didn’t know how to dance, but he at least seemed to be loosening up. Meanwhile on stage, Gilgamesh and Pinkie were lip syncing, both dressed in hoodies with gold chains and backwards caps. The song ended and everyone either laughed or cheered.

“Have you two been planning something like this for a while?” Lady Rarity asked as their little group made their way to the stage.

“Well honestly we had some stuff planned for the wedding and we figured, ‘hey, everyone is partying, why not bust out a routine?” Jason asked, browsing through his Omnitrix.

“Your part is easy Rarity, no worries,” Chrissy said, giving her a big smile.

“Alright... I trust you two won’t do anything... insane.” Lady Rarity sighed, steeling herself as they explained the bit to her.

Once again the lights cut out, but instead of another song being played immediately, Gilgamesh, Vinyl Scratch, and Octavia appeared on stage, all dressed in black suits and fedoras with Gilgamesh on the piano, Vinyl on drums, and Octavia ready to play the strings.

Just before they began a very massive blast of wind knocked them all off stage and into a heap off to the side.

Jason stepped into view, clearing his throat. “Sorry about that, ladies and gentlemen, but we’ve had a change of plans: Instead of whatever the band was about to play, allow me and my two lovely girlfriends to serenade you with our version of the classic song “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.” He took out his sword and stabbed it into the stage, cloaking it in darkness. After a moment, two changelings faded into view; one of them was Chrissy and the other Jason in his Changeling King form, both wearing brightly colored military garb. Music started to play, with the two singing the lyrics in a duet. As they sang, the blackness behind them shifted, taking on the appearance of the various locals described in the song, with Lady Rarity taking the role of Lucy. At the conclusion of the song, the stage returned to normal and the three of them took a bow. “We now return you to your regularly scheduled program,” Jason said before the three of them hurried off stage. Despite the unscheduled nature of the performance the audience still applauded.

“Bit of a dick move, kid, but I’ll forgive it on account of Beatles,” Gilgamesh called before using his gravity powers to levitate everything back onstage. “Everyone please drink and eat up while you llisten to the awesome tunes of eighty-eight fingers Meshie.”

The next song began, a quick yet still smooth tune that most of the crowd was fascinated with. The next was quicker, but having more personality to it and slowly grew in complexity, with Pinkie Pie adding the brass. The third, surprisingly, came with Pinkie Pie on the electric guitar, rocking her own version of the song alongside Gilgamesh. It even looked a bit like he and the pink mare were dueling against each other.

“Wow, he’s really good,” Megan said.

“Yeah, keeps surprising me every time I see him,” Jason added.

“Maybe we can get him to play at our wedding?” Lady Rarity suggested.

“Well... we did have a thing planned, I think he’d enjoy helping us put it together,” Chrissy said, rubbing her chin. “We’ll ask him before we go home.” The others nodded in agreement.

“Ok everybody, enough watching us be awesome, back on the dance floor!” Gilgamesh called before the next song began.

“Come on, girls,” Jason said getting up. “Let’s go dancing! Omnitrix, Ditto,” he commanded, shifting forms. He split in two, each taking the hoof of either mare, “Shall we?”

“Lets see if those dancing lessons paid off, shall we?” Chrissy smirked before heading to the dance floor. Rarity smiled at her Ditto, the pair following after them.

A few minutes into the song Chrysalis couldn’t help but focus on how her counterpart was laughing as she danced with her transformed mate.

“She looks so happy,” she muttered.

“You don’t have a special someone?” Megan asked, sipping at her drink, “That’s rather surprising.”

“I’ve... well, I’ve been too focused on trying to keep my hive alive for the past few hundred years. It’s not easy to keep a race that’s both feared and hated, which also happens to live on love, afloat. That, and I’ve got my daughter Nectar to think of.”

”I can relate. I may not be as old as you but I’ve had to deal with a lot of things. Tirek, Katrina, the Smooze.” She shuddered, a look of utter fear on her face that quickly vanished, “Then spending the next thirty years being told I was crazy and imagined it all. Chrysalis, don’t be like me, half my life is gone and I have nothing to show for it.” She cast a glance at Jason, a smile worming onto her face, “Well, maybe thats not quite true, but you get my point.”

Chrysalis smiled sadly, chuckling. “You know what’s ridiculous? Nectar had always believed we could live in harmony with the other races, that they’d be open to it if we just approached them up front and asked. But I was too blinded by hatred and fear. Hatred for the ponies who had nearly driven our race into extinction, not to mention the Princesses for letting it happen, and fear that I was just one big mistake from having us all wiped out. Even after my failed invasion she still believed there was a chance. Then I find out that the Princesses had no idea that we were being destroyed and it was all because of one crazy supremacist pony. And to top it all off,” she continued and turned to see her daughter dancing with Twilight, laughing all the while, “It seems like this war has made it so her dreams are well on their way to becoming true. I can’t help but wonder, was I just too stubborn to see the truth or was this all just luck?”

“It’s tough to tell. In our world, Chrissy invaded because her hive was starving and she was desperate. From what I’ve been told, she lost hundreds of her children that day, and she felt every single one of them die... and yet there she is, having a great time with the ones she loves. I don’t think I could do that. Hell, if it wasn’t for Jason, I don’t think she’d be alive right now,” Megan said, brushing some hair out of her face, “She’s a version of you, if she could be strong like that, so can you.”

“Hm. You may be right. If nothing else, I can be sure things are going to be different from here on out.” She shook her head. “No, things are different. And despite all the hardship and death it looks like that’s going to be a good thing.”

“I’m glad. Hopefully, things can turn out here like they did back home,” Megan paused, tapping her chin, “You know... I’m rather curious about what their children will look like.”

Chrysalis just stared for a moment. “Huh. You know, that’s a good question. I mean, I don’t know about your Equus, but here the only outright hybrid species have been hippogriffs, with the parents being both pony and griffin. I mean, sure they’re been pony and zebra crossing, even pony-mule relations, but I haven’t heard about much else. I wonder if some of the species can crossbreed.” She then looked at Spike and Sergeant Rarity dancing. “Well, perhaps one possibility will be answered soon enough. As for changelings, if my drones do happen to be responsible for births with ponies they always turn out to be ponies, but that’s mostly because they had been in pony form when they were impregnated.”

“Jason can mate with anything, and I don’t mean because of the watch,” Megan said with a chuckle, “His grandfather is notorious for having the weirdest children: a giant wolf and a giant snake and this is with a woman of the same species as him. Tell me, did Gilgamesh ever tell you the story of Sleipnir?”

“N-No. I don’t believe he has,” Chrysalis replied with a stunned look on her face.

“Ok so, Loki, Jason’s great-grandfather, had to cheat a bet right? So his brilliant plan was to turn into a mare in heat and distract a stallion. Eleven months later he gave birth to Sleipnir, an eight legged foal that can walk on land, air and sea.”

Chrysalis just stared, her mouth agape. “H-How-? Wh-What... what was the bet?”

“The gods tasked a builder to build them a new home. If he could do it in a certain amount of time, he’d win the hand of a goddess along with the sun and moon. He won anyway but when they found out he was a giant they bashed his skull in.”

“His relatives sound... rather violent.”

“I personally never met them, they died a very long time ago,” Megan said, with a dismissive hand wave.

“I... I think a stiffer drink,” Chrysalis said before chugging her cider.

“Heh, I hear that,” Megan said with a laugh. “Well, would you look at that? Looks like our ride just got here.” She looked towards the door to see Dash draped across R.D’s back, out cold.

“Damn girl passed out from mixing mead, vodka, cider, rum, and Celestia knows what else,” R.D. said as her counterpart groaned.

“Great, anyone know a sobering spell?” Jason asked as he walked over, reverting to normal. “Anyone?”

“I do,” Luna replied. “Though I would like something for my services.”

“You want your DNA spliced?” Jason asked, holding up the Omnitrix.

“...Okay, two things. But first, what were you thinking?”

“How much do you know about what's in the Omnitrix?”

“Well, we were told that you were the one responsible for his absorbing and copying ability. I don’t know much more than that.”

“I do have something in mind for you, the species of one of my default forms, Ghostfreak,” he said, shifting into said form. “You’d gain invisibility, intangibility, the ability to possess others, all the good ghost stuff. Oh and others won’t be able to track you via mana.”

Luna looked surprised. “I see. Well, you know better than I.”

“Hey, can the rest of us get in on this too?” R.D. asked. “After seeing Dash here open a portal with a Rainboom, I’m kinda feeling a little... less awesome.”

“AH AM TAH BIFROST! AIN’T NOPONY GONNA STOP ME FROM GETTIN MAH SAUSAGE!” Dash shouted in a drunken slur before falling off her counterpart and groaning again.

“Sure, though I’m gonna warn you all now, your appearances might change,” Jason said, reverting to normal.

“As long as I don’t grow another head or something weird like that, I think I’m cool with it.”

“Okay, you ready Luna?” Jason asked, looking up at her.

“As I could ever be to have my body transformed, I suppose,” she responded.

“Okay, here we go. Omnitrix, splice target alicorn with ectonurite DNA,” Jason commanded. The Omnitrix chirped, sending out a green burst of energy at Luna.

Luna flinched in surprise but soon recovered. “I don’t feel particularly different. Are you sure it worked?”

“Oh, it worked,” R.D. assured her.

“See for yourself!” Pinkie said, appearing behind them with a full-length mirror.

Luna was surprised to see her coat now had a pale blue series of lines snaking around it, contrasting her darker coat. It wasn’t anything too extravagant, a few across her barrel, one on each leg, and even left her face and cutie marks untouched.

“Interesting. Now let’s see if-” she began only to suddenly turn invisible. She gasped in surprise before chuckling. “Oh, quite amusing, indeed!” she exclaimed, returning to a visible state as she levitated herself in the air. “I didn’t know it was possible to fly without magic or wings. Not quite as fast though.” She then chuckled mischievously. “A moment while I retrieve my sister,” she said before phasing through the floor.

“Who’s next?” Jason asked with a smirk.

“Hit me!” R.D. responded with a smirk. “And it better be awesome, or I’ll hit you!”

“Just try it, skittles,” Jason teased, “ Omnitrix, splice target pegasus with Crystalsapien DNA.” It chirped, doing so.

R.D. looked over herself and frowned. “What the hay! I don’t look any different at all!”

“Ooh, Chryssi, hit her with a magic blast!” Pinkie said.

“Wait, what!?” R.D. asked.

The changeling empress fired a short burst of magic at the pegasus who flinched. She opened her eyes as she noticed she was unhurt and was surprised to find her body sparkling.

“Wh-What!?”

“You can now absorb and fire off energy at will,”’ Jason said. “Surprised you didn’t get the horn as well.”

“Horn? You mean I could’ve looked like an alicorn! Aw, hay.” The pegasus sulked for a moment before observing her body again. She fired a small beam of light at the floor, enough to scorch it black, causing her body to lose it’s crystalline shine. “Heh. This’ll make those bastards think twice about hitting me with magic,” she smirked.

“Okay, next?” Jason said, looking at the gathered friends. “Applejack?”

“Well, might as well. Go ahead and give it whirl!” the farm mare replied.

“Omnitrix, splice target earth pony with Talpaedan DNA,” he commanded, watching as it did so. “You should be able to vibrate your limbs enough to cause earthquakes and dig through the ground.”

“So, what, she’s part Diamond Dog now?” R.D. asked.

“Hm,” Applejack muttered, focused on trying to get her new powers to work. Suddenly her forelegs were encased in orange armor and drills grew out of the end of her hooves. “GAH!” she shouted in surprise, only for them to turn back.

“And apparently your form changes when you want to use your powers,” Jason added.

Applejack tried again, her entire body now encased in armor, as all four of her legs vibrated. The entire building shook, catching everyone’s attention. “Uh, sorry, ya’ll!” she quickly apologized, returning back to her normal state.

R.D.’s mouth had dropped open before she turned to Jason with an angry face. “WHAT THE HAY!? NOW SHE’S ALMOST COOLER THAN ME!”

“Whoo-wee! This’ll make Applebuck Season easier!”

“Seriously? That’s what you’re thinking about?”

“Ok... so Rarity, you want something? I got the perfect thing for you!” Jason said with a smirk.

“Well... alright, I suppose. Just... please don’t ruin my appearance! You have no idea how hard it is to look fabulous during times of war. I have to give the troops something to look at, after all,” the sergeant replied.

“Hey, what do you mean ‘give the troops something to look at!?’” Spike asked in a clearly jealous tone.

“Oh come dear, you know I have to put on a performance. Besides,” she stood up and gave the dragon a kiss on the cheek, “it’s not only the troops I’m trying to look good for.”

Spike blushed at that, while Jason, Lady Rarity, and Chryssi shuddered a little.

“Okay... Omnitrix splice target unicorn with Merlinisapien DNA,” he commanded, which the watch did.

Rarity looked herself over, not noticing anything different. “Well, no unsightly protrusions or color changes. So what did happen?”

“You should be able to change your colors at will, like a chameleon, enough to turn invisible.”

“‘Change color?’” she echoed before looking back at herself. A moment of concentration led to her coat changing to black. “Oh my! Oh, this will certainly help in my inspirations! Oh, idea!” she exclaimed before turning invisible. “Et voila!” she said as she reappeared, her coat back to its white color but now with an elegant violet vine-like pattern extending from her cutie mark to her hind legs, and also highlights in her mane and tail of a familiar shade of green. “What do you think, Spikey?”

Spike looked to his own spines and blushed, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. Their friends giggled and rolled their eyes.

“Got an idea for you too, Spike,” Jason smiled, looking at the dragon.”That is, if you want it.”

“Go right ahead. Anything that’ll help me protect my friends better,” the drake replied.

“Ok, Omnitrix, splice target dragon with Orishan DNA,” It beeped, doing so.

“Omnitrix power near 50%,” it chirped.

“Thanks for the heads up,” Jason said, glancing at it. “So, you should be able to spray pressurized water out of your hands. Oh, and also be immune to radiation.”

Spike took a look at his claws and noticed there appeared to be some sort of slits near his wrists. He pointed his arms up and a small amount of water began to gush from them.

“A dragon that can use both fire and water? Sweet! Now I won’t have to worry about accidentally burning something important.”

“Ok... who wants to go next? Twilight? Pinkie? Fluttershy?” Jason asked, looking at the remaining trio.

“Or, perhaps, I could have a chance?”

The group turned to see Celestia approach them, but she looked a bit strange.

“If We are to protect our subjects We must make use of every means available to Us,” she declared proudly.

“P-Princess Celestia? Are you alright?” Twilight asked.

“Ok... let’s see... ah, I got it.” Jason nodded, “Omnitrix, splice target alicorn with Polar Manzardill DNA,” he ordered, watching the beam hit Celestia, “‘You now have ice breath, can survive sub-zero temperatures and I assume breathe underwater.”

“Hm. Interesting that she gets the opposite power while I get the complimentary one,” Celestia said, only for Luna to phase out of her, leaving the Princess of the Sun to glare at her sibling.

“That. Was. Not. Fun,” she said harshly.

“I disagree. It is about time I got you back for all that teasing you gave me in our adolescence. Don’t think I’ve forgotten the time you covered my bed in itching powder,” Luna smirked back.

Celestia continued to glare for a moment before smirking. She inhaled sharply before puffing out a quick breath, encasing Luna’s head in ice, her face frozen in surprise.

“It seems the alcohol has gone to your head, sister. Please cool it.”

Luna’s body became intangible, causing the block of ice to fall to the ground and shatter. “Don’t think this is over,” she replied with her own smirk.

“Heh, reminds me of home,” Jason said with a laugh, “Next!”

“Um... I’d like to go next, if no one minds,” Fluttershy replied.

“What would you rather have, control over plants or the ability to multiply yourself?”’ Jason asked, looking down at her.

“Give her the plant one,” Pinkie Pie said. “I don’t think this universe can handle this much adorableness multiplying.”

Fluttershy blushed but nodded. “Um, yes, I’d like the plant one, actually. It sounds like it would help me get closer with my animal friends back home.”

“Ok, Omnitrix, splice target pegasus with Florauna DNA.” The Omnitrix did so with its customary chirp.

“Power below 50%.”

“So, um, what can I-?”

“Fluttershy, what are those things on your back?” Twilight asked in worry, pointing to the four slits between her wings.

“Oh my! Um, did everything go ok?”

“Yeah, those are where your seeds grow... I think,” Jason said, leaning closer for a better view. “If I’m right you can choose what they’ll do each time you grow them and I believe you can cover your body in thorns, grow vines and um... maybe regenerate yourself? Not sure on that last one.”

“Wait, I thought you said you’d give her control over plants, not turn her into plants!” R.D. yelled.

“Oh, I really don’t mind,” Fluttershy assured her. “Besides,” her eyes glossed over dreamily, “now I can be a tree!” A wide smile spread across her face as she daydreamed.

“So... which one of you wants to go last?” Jason asked, looking between Pinkie and Twilight.

“I don’t mind waiting for last,” Pinkie answered.

“Well, I guess that settles it,” Twilight said. “Now let’s see. I’m already adept at magic, and I’m getting pretty good at flying. Maybe you can give me some that will help me in physical combat?”

“I got a few, a race of very angry tiger people, a race of four armed bipeds, the list goes on, really,” Jason said, looking at her.

“Uh, I don’t really want to get all angry, and I kind of like having just four legs. Maybe something that works in tandem with their strength?”

“But having eight legs is fun. My uncle was a horse with eight legs, let him fly through the air and walk on water.” Jason laughed, shaking his head, “Ok... let me think here. Ah I got it, electrical powers for you! Whaddya say?”

“Sounds as good as anything else. Go for it!” she replied, looking absolutely giddy at the prospect of gaining new powers.

“Omnitrix, splice target alicorn with Amperi DNA,” he ordered, watching as it did.

“Omnitrix power level near depletion. This unit can perform one more gene splicing before mandatory recharge is required,” it chirped.

“So shoot some lightning already,” Jason commanded.

Twilight focused for a moment and sparks began to dance along her body. She then extended her wings and electricity began to arc between them in a high voltage energy arc. The alicorn squeed. “Oh, I can’t wait to test out all the scientific applications for this!”

“Okay so, you should also be able to turn intangible, convert yourself into pure energy, enter electrical cables, read thoughts via electrical impulses in the brain and absorb and redirect electrical blasts,” Jason listed off, causing Twilight’s eyes to sparkle in delight. He then looked to Pinkie, “I already have the perfect choice for you.”

“And suddenly, I’m terrified,” Spike commented.

“Omnitrix, splice target earth pony with Gourmand DNA.” The Omnitrix did so before emitting one final beep and changing to a red color.

“Omnitrix power depleted, entering recharge mode. Estimated recharge time: twenty-four hours.”

“So, feel any different?”’ Jason asked her.

“Hm,” she pondered before turning to face a cake off in the distance at the buffet table. Without a word she opened her mouth and a group of three pink tentacles shot out, latched onto the cake, and pulled it into her mouth, swallowing it all in one gulp.

“Oh god,” Megan muttered with a horrified expression.

“And now I’m scarred for life,” Chrysalis muttered.

Twilight looked utterly broken. “Wh-what!?”

“Neato!” Pinkie said with a smile.

“You should be able to regurgitate anything you eat as an energy bolt... oh and propel yourself through the air with said energy bolts... and survive in space...” Jason said, rubbing his chin. “Upchuck is a little weirdo.”

“Just like me! Except I’m not little!” she then stopped and her expression turned quizzical. “Well, I suppose I am little compared to a dragon. But not to an ant.” She then gasped. “What if there really isn’t such a thing as little or big! WHAT IF IT’S MPHMMPHMPHMMMPH!”

“That’s enough of that, sugarcube,” Applejack said as she held her hoof over the pink mare’s mouth.

“Well, that was interesting,” Jason said before turning to Luna. “So what was that other thing you wanted?”

Luna smiled. “I am to understand that our visiting version of Rainbow Dash possesses some quality mead.”

“Oh that, we have tons of that,” Jason said, taking out a few bottles and tossing them to Luna, “Straight from the goat’s teat.”

“Wait, what?” Spike asked.

“We have a goat who produces this mead instead of milk.” Jason cracked his neck, looking around, “You mind casting that sobering spell on Dash? I’m gonna go ask Gilg something.” Jason walked off, looking for the human.

Luna’s horn lit up for a moment, Dash springing up to her hooves a second later. “What-who-when-what-where-how-why?”

“You got drunk off your flank,” R.D. replied with a smirk. “And now Luna drank the rest of your mead.”

“WHAT!?” the living Bifrost shouted before turning to see Luna licking her lips as she set down the flask.

“Ah! ‘Tis a taste we had long thought we would never experience again! I thank you.”


“Yo, Gilg!” Jason called, looking around. He was surprised to find the warrior back in his armor, aside from his helmet resting on the table, sitting alone and sipping another rum and cola quietly. “Gilg?”

“What?” Gilgamesh replied, turning to face his friend. “Oh, Jay. Sorry, a bit out of it.”

“It’s cool,” Jason said, joining him at the table. “Hey uh... I wanted to ask you something rather... important.”

“Go ahead kid. I’m still a bit busy, but I always try to make time for friends.”

“Well... I never thought of Mr. Hughes as much of a father and well... you’re the closest thing I’ve had so um... would you be my best man?” Jason asked, twiddling his thumbs a little.

Gilgamesh just stared for moment. “M-Me? The best man? At your wedding?” Jason nodded. “I... I don’t think I’ve ever been asked to participate in a wedding before. Hell, I’ve never been to a wedding before.”

“Neither have I and I’m marrying two people!” Jason reminded, sighing a little, “You have no idea how nervous I am.”

“Actually, I think I do. When this war started everyone wanted me to be in command of the entire Equus military despite me having little, if any, experience commanding others and absolutely no knowledge of military strategy. I guess that’s what happens when you’ve got thousand year old legends talking about how awesome you are.” Gilgamesh chuckled. “I’d say I was about half as nervous then as you are now.”

“Gee, that makes me feel a whole lot better,” Jason said with a small smile.

The warrior laughed himself a moment. “Jason, if I can spare the time, I would absolutely be honored to be your best man. It’s the least I can do for a great friend like you.”

“At least someone thinks I’m great... well besides Serah and Tomas, but thats another story for another time,” Jason said getting up, “I’m glad we could catch up but, now that Dash is up, we should get home. No telling what’s invading in our absence.”

“Godspeed, my student. I’m sure you’ll be a great husband.”

Jason nodded and turned to walk away.

“Hey Jay, one last thing before you go.”

“Yeah?”

“Have you and your betrotheds already... you know... consummated the relationship?”

“Gilgamesh, I’m going to leave you with this: what do you think a pair of shapeshifters do in bed?”

Gilgamesh’s eyes widened. “You lucky son of a bitch.”

Jason just smirked, tossing Dash some jerky, which she snatched out of the air and greedily devoured despite the mostly disgusted looks of those around her. “Let’s go, Dash,” he said, walking outside. The others followed him, with Dash bolting into the sky to make the portal. “Hey,” Jason said, turning to Gilgamesh, “Thanks for everything.”

“See ya, Jay! Send me a video!” Gilgamesh called back, causing his friends to look at him in confusion.

“What are you, Master Roshi?” Jason laughed as Dash came back, wrapping the group up in her contrail. “Catch ya later... Dad,” he said with a sincere smile before Dash bolted through the portal, taking the group home.

Gilgamesh just stared as they disappeared, everyone else giving him a shocked expression. Soon a smile tugged at his cheeks. “Dad, huh? Kinda like the sound of that.”

PreviousChapters Next