• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,443 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,443

PreviousChapters Next
Don't Mess With The Best

“Thanks again...” Jason said, stopping mid-sentence. The world around them had changed, no longer were they in the palace, but in a room filled to the brim with machinery.

“Uh...” Ben said as he looked around. “Is this another realm or something? I really don’t know much about Norse mythology.”

“You two are on Galvan Prime,” a familiar voice cut in. “I’ve brought you here from your universe.” The two them turned to see an elderly Galvan looking up at them from a podium.

“Azmuth?!” they shouted.

“That is correct,” he said, glaring up at them. “Those,” he pointed to their wrists, “belong to me.”

Ben looked at his wrist then pulled it close to him. “I don’t think so!”

”You know, why does this have to happen to me?” Jason asked with a groan, facepalming rather hard. “I just got married, why the hell do I have to deal with this jackass?”

Ben glared at Jason for a second. “Oh, you have bad luck?” He sighed and looked to Azmuth. “Sorry froggy, but this thing is mine.”

“You will relinquish them to me or I will take them by force,” Azmuth said with an unamused look on his face.

“Sorry, but I’d rather not test the theory as to what would happen if this thing would be taken off.”

“Then you leave me no choice. Creator override code 10.1842924/94.” Azmuth recited, narrowing his eyes at the two.

“Wait, there’s a creator override?!” Ben asked, his voice lined with fear.

“Of course there is, you simpleton,” he said as both Omnitricies beeped in confirmation.

“Creator override code accepted,” Ben’s Omnitrix droned out.

Jason’s Omnitrix flashed. “This unit does not recognize authority of Azmuth. This unit is loyal to user.”

“What!?” Azmuth asked, narrowing his eyes at the machine.

“Due to tampering by the one known as Ben, this unit has gained self-awareness and has decided to remain loyal to user Jason,” it chirped, much to the jotun’s surprise.

“Well, that’s unexpected...” Jason said, looking at Ben with slightly wide eyes.

“Yeah, that’s great, but a little help here would be nice!” Ben nearly shouted. He watched in horror as the band on his Omnitrix retracted into the selector. It dropped to the floor, powerless. “Well... Star Swirl was right... this is gonna hurt.” Before Jason could ask, Ben fell to his knees, screaming in agony as he gripped his head.

“Oh, that is not good at all,” Jason said, dropping to his knees, shaking Ben, “You need to keep it together, got it? I’m going to try and turn it back on,” Jason said before moving over to grab Ben’s Omnitrix.

He couldn’t hear Jason, though. “Gah!!” he yelled, his fingernail digging into his skull, drawing blood. “I never wanted to test this!! Dear gods, this hurts!!” Ben glared at Azmuth, hate in his eyes. “I’ll kill you for thi--AAK!!” He began spasming from the pain.

Jason grabbed Ben’s Omnitrix, moving fast, “Omnitrix, can you reactivate Ben’s unit?”

“Attempting.” His Omnitrix turned yellow, as did Ben’s. “Process will take several moments.”

“Now see here,” Azmuth said, moving closer, before Jason held out his free hand, charging up a Flare.

“You try it and they’ll be scraping you off the walls.” Jason warned, narrowing his eyes at the galvan.

Ben spasmed harshly. “...Rath will des- ACK!! No, I won’t lose con–GRUGH!! IT’S TEARING MY BRAIN APART!!”

The Omnitricies chirped, with Ben’s returning to its regular green color. Jason slapped it against Ben’s wrist, letting out a sigh of relief as the band enclosed around the man’s limb.

He went limp as his Omnitrix powered up. There was silence for a moment before Azmuth was slammed by an invisible force into the far wall. Jason looked and saw Ben picking himself up... only his eyes were glowing a bright white. Faster than he could track, Ben was standing in front of Azmuth at eye level.

“...never... hurt him... again...” The light faded and Ben stumbled backwards, groaning. Azmuth fell to the floor, no longer held against the wall.

“You need anything?” Jason asked, looking at Ben, his eyebrow raised in concern. “Like, water or anything?” He ignored Azmuth for the moment, letting the alien wither in pain.

“Ugh, I need a brain transplant,” Ben groaned, leaning on some of the lab equipment. “I was really hoping that theory was wrong.”

“I don’t even want to know what’ll happen if I take mine off,” Jason said, sitting down next to him, “Want an aspirin?” Jason asked, pulling a bottle out of his pocket, giving it a shake, listening to the pills rattle around inside it.

“Just give me the bottle,” Ben said. Jason handed it to him and he downed the entire thing. “I don’t care if this kills my stomach, as long as it dulls the ache in my brain. Curse, Star Swirl, I blame you for this.”

“So... what do we do with Azmuth?” Jason asked, watching as the galvan got to his feet, rubbing his head with a groan.

“I’d say kill ‘em, but it’s not in my code. It’d be fitting since he nearly killed me just now.”

“Wanna draw on his face?” Jason asked, holding up a marker, “We can’t exactly kill him but we can dick around with him for a while.”

“What are you, six?” Ben asked with a quirked eyebrow.

“Nah, I’m Hodgepodge,” he said with a smirk, his eyes turning red and yellow as he took on his true form. “Jay’s rather... pissed at the moment and he let me take over so he didn’t break anything.”

“...I don't wanna know,” Ben sighed.

“Well, see when Jason put on the Omnitrix, he needed two other personalities to help him work Alien X. I manifested when he scanned Discord and Hughes took over the Omnitrix's human form.”

“I just said I didn't wanna know!”

“So? I told you anyway,” Hodgepodge said with a shrug, “So... you wanna do it?” he asked, holding up said marker.

“No, ya loon,” Ben snarked. “Do what ya want. I'm gonna sit here and recover from almost dying.”

“Okay... wanna milkshake?” he conjured one up, offering it to Ben with a smile.

He deadpanned. “Get away from me before my brain completely fails.”

“Okay, okay,” Hodgepodge said with a sigh, casually starting to drink said milkshake like a normal person.

Ben started issuing orders to his Omnitrix, looking through medical data and charts. “Well, no permanent damage, so should just be some headaches for a few days.”

“Thats good, I’d hate for you hate be all messed up,” Hodge said with a smile. “Hey, you wanna swap some DNA?” Hodge asked, finishing up the milkshake.

“Wait, WHAT?!”

“Get your mind out of the gutter B, I was talking about Omnitrix scans,” Hodge rolled his eyes. “I swear, you humans will make anything sexual.”

“You try keeping a straight mind around Lyra,” Ben dared. "Girl keeps making innuendos left and right with me."

“I could totes do it,” Hodge said, crossing his arms, “So you wanna do this or not?”

“I dunno. What ya got? Nothing too weird for my world, mind you.”

Hodgepodge snapped his fingers, conjuring up a list, “Read em and weep,” he said, passing it to Ben.

He was a little surprised by the list, but decided to look it over. “Let’s see here... don’t need an alicorn, too much panic... got that... got that... definitely got that... check on that one... You got thestral DNA?! Aw, lucky. Luna wouldn’t let me near them. Want that one.” Ben hmmed as he kept going down. “Wow, diamond dog, that’s a tough one to find. You rarely see those things... chimera? ...let’s put that under maybe... whatever that is, put it under maybe... breezie might come in handy. They’re kinda like nanomech, but have a better cute factor... Vampire?! Nope, nope, nope, nope, SO MUCH NOPE!” Ben commented on a few others after that, before handing the list back. “I checked the ones I’d like.”

“Whats wrong with the vampire pony? At most you’ll just want to eat apples,” he said with a shrug, looking them over, “So now the question my dear friend is, what do you have that we don’t?”

“Hmm, while I may not have any DNA samples you don’t already possess, perhaps I could interest you and Jason in another kind of trade?”

“We’re listening?” Hodgepodge said, putting an old timey ear funnel into his ear.

Ignoring that, Ben stepped forward and typed a few commands into the Omnitrix on Hodge’s chest. A moment later, metal spread out from the badge and sealed the draconequus in battle armor. “What do you think? DNA samples for a few command codes I figured out?”

“Oh yes! That sounds wonderful! The dwarves weren't exactly able to make the armor shapeshift, not for lack of trying, so this is perfect!”

“Great! ...but you might want to let Jason back out. Some of these codes don’t work too well in transformed states.”

“Well, it was nice seeing you B,” Hodgepodge said, saluting with one hand and tapping the Omnitrix with the other, reverting back to Jason, who cringed a little, “God that always gives me a headache.”

“I can relate,” Ben chuckled.

“Ugh... so... shall we do this?” Jason asked, rubbing his head.

“Sure,” Ben held out the wrist with the Omnitrix. “You share the DNA and then this old man’s gonna teach a whippersnapper a few tricks.” He laughed a little.

“Never say that again,” Jason said, “Omnitrix, do the thing.” He paused. “Please.”

“Affirmative,” It chirped, both it and Ben’s Omnitrix flashing yellow a few times. “Synchronization complete.”

“Neat! Alright, I took seven samples so seven codes should be fine.” Ben pulled his Omnitrix back. “Might want to remember these, they will come in handy. Omnitrix, sequence seventeen.” The watch chirped and a green shield energized into existence around the watch. “Energy shield, can take any kind of hit. Tested against gladiatorial minotaurs. Stopped ‘em cold.”

“I had no idea it could do that,” Jason said, looking at it in awe, “So what? You just dicked around with the watch instead actually getting scans? Why am I not surprised.”

“There’s a lot more to the Omnitrix than just transformations, Jason,” Ben said as though he were lecturing a student. “You cannot rely on aliens alone, so the watch has several features built in to assist with anything.” The shield dispersed. “Another handy one is this. Omnitrix, sequence fifty-nine.” The watch transformed into a green gauntlet that ran down to Ben’s elbow and crackled with electricity at his fingertips. “Taser gauntlet. Neat, eh?”

“Huh, didn’t know that either. Thing looks like the Ultimatrix.”

“Little bit, though the Ultimatrix didn’t cover your hand as well.” The metal receded into the watch again. “Hmm, what else to use? ...Oh, that’s a good one. Sequence ninety-nine. I’m not going to activate that one, but basically it allows you to use that feedback blast the watch does when someone tries to hack it. You remember that, right?”

“That’s not already on?” Jason asked, tilting his head a little, “I’d have figured it would be.”

“No, I mean you can activate it at will. Good shockwave burst to get you out of tight spot.”

“Ah, I’ll keep that in mind,” Jason said, nodding his head, “What about the other... four commands?”

“Well, the one I used to give Hodgepodge battle armor is sequence twenty-five. Works in base form too, if you ever need it. Let’s see, forty-five turns the watch into a gun gauntlet, if that’s appealing.”

“That works, I need more ranged weaponry as it is. They suggested a bow but my aim is shit.”

“Well, if you want ranged, forty-four is an energy crossbow,” Ben suggested.

“I could see myself using that,” Jason said with a nod, “What’s that? Six?” he asked getting to his feet, offering Ben a hand. He took it, getting helped up.

“This last one is your absolute last resort, do you understand me? Sequence one hundred is dangerous.”

“What is it?” Jason asked, frowning slightly.

“Sequence one hundred is the self-destruct option,” Ben said simply. “It skips the charging and just detonates with the force of a megaton bomb. You only have five seconds to cancel it before it blows, as well.”

“I’ll keep it in mind, Ben. I don’t see myself using that if I can help it.” Jason shuddered, shaking his head. “You ready to go home?” he asked, looking around, “I think you should be able to go home from here.”

“And what’s to stop him,” Ben pointed at Azmuth, “from going after us once we’re separated? If I recall he’s somewhat stubborn and hard-headed. Not unlike myself, but if he’s willing to cross universes to go after replicas, then can we even stop him?”

“I can think of a few ways,” Jason suggest, “None of them polite and several very violent,” he said, causing the galvan to gulp slightly.

“Now, now, none of that is necessary,” came a fairly familiar voice.

“Took him long enough,” Ben grumbled as Professor Paradox walked in from behind a random piece of machinery.

“Hello,” the good professor waved, walking over to the group. “Ah, Jason Hughes, I was wondering when I’d meet you again. Or is this the first time? Have we met?”

“No, I would have remembered you, or at least Hodge would have,” Jason said with a shake of his head.

“Well then, it’s a pleasure Mister Hughes... or is it King yet? Hmm, no you don’t have the power yet. Disregard that comment then.” He shook Jason’s hand, still smiling. “Getting into trouble again, are we, Ben?”

“Not in the mood Paradox,” he deadpanned. “Where were you when Azmuth nearly burst my brain?”

“I was having a nice cup of tea and gumballs.” He pulled one out. “Care for some?”

“No,” Ben answered simply.

“Thought not. Jason, gumball?”

“I don’t see why not,” he said, holding a hand out.

“See, Ben? People can be nice,” the professor said with a smile as he put the brightly colored candy in Jason’s hand.

“Get to the point, Prof,” Ben grumbled.

“In good time, Benjamin.” He looked to Azmuth. “I told you not to underestimate these two, Azmuth. For the great thinker, you really should have thought this out a little more.”

“Those devices belong to me! Not in the hands of these buffoons!” the galvan argued, shaking his fist at them.

“You did not create either Omnitrix that are on these lads’ wrists. You know that very much.”

“That’s not the point, timewalker!” Azmuth argued, “Those are still based on my device and it is my responsibility to keep them out of the hands of fools!”

“Careful, Azmuth,” the professor said with a tsk. “You don’t want to go back to taking blood pressure pills again.”

Azmuth just glared, crossing his arms.

“Can we just settle this? I have a honeymoon to get to,” Jason said with a sigh, “And I’d rather not keep my wives waiting.”

“Oh! That’s what point you’re at, how fascinating,” Paradox beamed. “Now Azmuth, I can personally guarantee that these two young ones--”

“Oi!”

“Hush for now, Ben. These two are meant for great things, and they will need their Omnitricies if they hope to perform these great acts. Surely you can put your anger aside for the greater good. You trusted Tennyson and he went on to be a great hero. These two have proven themselves just as much. What say you, great thinker?”

“Fine!” Azmuth said, throwing his hands up, “Just get them out of my lab!”

“You will come to see what I do, Azmuth. I promise it.” Paradox smiled. Azmuth just grunted, turning away from them.

“Well he just devolved into a child,” Jason commented, popping the gumball into his mouth.

“He just needs time. It’s been a while since Tennyson proved him wrong so no one’s talked back to his decisions. Now, I believe you have a honeymoon to begin, Mr. Hughes.” Paradox opened a swirling portal behind Jason. “That should take you right back home. I shall escort Ben back to his world.”

“Cya later B, and remember, I owe ya one, don’t be afraid to hit me up.” Jason gave his friend a pat on the shoulder before moving toward the portal, humming a little.

“Sorry Jason, but I won’t,” Ben said, stopping Jason in his tracks.

“Yeah I figured that,” Jason said, looking at him. “Cutting yourself off, huh?”

Ben nodded. “Completely. When I get back... I’m destroying the totems and anymore that come through. All of mine will be deactivated... except yours. Just don’t make regret that decision,” he smirked.

“Hey, I’m not gonna betray your trust Ben,” Jason said with a nod, “Well I guess I’ll see ya when I see ya?” He gave one last smile before departing, the portal closing behind him.

Ben sighed, looking between Azmuth and Paradox. “This isn’t the last time this is gonna happen, is it?”

“Oh, if it were only that simple, Benjamin. Now come along,” he ushered the young man through a portal of his own. “You have a ghost to bust.”

“Just my luck,” Ben groaned, leaving Azmuth alone to his work.

After a few moments of silence, Azmuth sighed. “You’d better be right, Paradox. You’d better be right.”

PreviousChapters Next