• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 27,430 Views, 1,870 Comments

And Then There Were 10...Er...67 - Grey Ghost



A man winds up in Equestria with a working Omnitrix. Hilarity and craziness follow.

  • ...
147
 1,870
 27,430

PreviousChapters Next
Show And Tell, Not Show And Sell

“Jason.”

“Go away...”

“Jason!”

“Go way...”

“Jason! Ah’m ah be late!”

“Ok... ok... I’m up.” Jason said as he opened his eyes, spotting Apple Bloom looking at him with a frown. “Go get ready... I’ll be down...” he said, yawning. He sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

She nodded with a bright smile before rushing out of the room, her early morning energy making him a bit jealous. He quickly got up, knowing that if he stayed in bed much longer, he’d end up falling back asleep. Pulling his jeans on, he made his way to the bathroom, gazing into the mirror.

Looking back at him was a hazel-eyed young man with frizzy, curly hair that fell to his mid-back. He ran a hand through his moderate facial hair, frowning at the black lines under his eyes.

“I really need to fix my sleep cycle.” he mumbled to himself, running his fingers under the water, trying to tame his unkempt hair. It didn’t take long for him to give up with a huff. “Stupid hair...” he mumbled to himself.

He splashed some water on his face before hurrying downstairs. As he entered the kitchen, he was greeted with the glorious scent of pancakes.

“Good morning...” he said, yawning again. “God those smell good.”

“Mornin’ Jason. We were all worried ya’ll would miss Apple Bloom’s class.” AJ said, not looking away from the stove.

“I promised I’d go... no matter how tired I am, I plan to be there,” he said as he sat down and cracked his neck. He smiled wide, licking his lips as AJ placed a plate of steaming hot pancakes in front of him. He grabbed a fork, starting to dig in.

“Mighty big appetite ya got sonny,” Granny Smith commented, watching him devour his pancakes with gusto.

“Damn... right...” he said between bites, gulping down the glass of orange juice that was passed over to him. “Those... were the best pancakes I’ve ever had,” he said, grinning and licking his lips.

“Why thank ya Jason,” AJ said, nodding her head, beaming at the praise.

“Ya’ll ready Jason! Ah’ma be late!” Apple Bloom called, getting impatient.

“Yeah I’m coming,” he said, getting up and cracking his back. “See ya guys later,” he said to AJ and Granny Smith. “Ok Apple Bloom, lets get going.”

“Finally,” the little filly said, rolling her eyes. She started to trot down the path, followed closely by Jason.

“Where is your school anyway?” Jason asked, taking a deep breath of the pure country air.

“On the other side’a town.”

“Seriously!? That’ll take half an hour!”

“Ah tried to get ya up sooner, now Ah’m gonna be late.” she said, looking down with a sigh.

“Oh no you won't,” Jason said, a big grin on his face. He activated the Omnitrix, moving through the silhouettes until he found the correct one. “Here we go!” he shouted, bringing his palm down on it.

“XLR8!” he shouted, now in the form of a vaguely raptor shaped creature. “Come on,” he said, his voice raspy, scooping her up in his arms before blazing down the path and into town, leaving a dust trail in his wake.

Jason grinned under his faceplate, zipping past ponies, taking pleasure at the shocked looks on their faces. The sound of a school bell caught his attention and he steered himself toward it. He skidded to a halt, placing Apple Bloom on the ground.

“Tada!” he said, touching the Omnitrix and returning to his human form. “Um... Apple Bloom, you ok?” he asked, noticing she was wide eyed and trembling.

“T-that... was... amazing!” she shouted, loudly enough to make him flinch.

“God you're loud...” he mumbled to himself, following her inside. Looking around, he noted that the school house was just a single room, much like the old Amish school houses he had seen before. He took a spot in the back of the class, ignoring the looks and whispers he got.

***
“Thank you Mr. Rich for that lovely... presentation,” said the teacher, a mulberry-colored earth pony mare, while looking at a rather stuffy looking stallion.

“You’re quite welcome Miss Cheerilee,” he said as he moved across the room to take a place in the back.

“So,” a snobby sounding pink filly started, looking at Apple Bloom. “Who did you get to come this year? Your kooky old grandma?”

“No,” Apple Bloom said, glaring at the filly. “Ah brought my... uh... cousin, Jason!” she said, nodding vigorously.

“Apple Bloom, you're up next,” Miss Cheerilee called, grabbing the filly’s attention.

“Come on, Jason,” she called, getting up out of her seat to stand in front of the class. He followed after her and stood next to her, arms crossed over his chest.

“Everypony, this is mah cousin Jason,” she said, introducing him.

“Hello everyone,” he said with a smile, waving a bit. “Yes?” he asked, spotting a bluish-green unicorn colt holding up a hoof.

“Um....what are you?” The young colt inquired, his classmates nodding in agreement.

“I am a human, though our scientific name is Homo sapiens,” he replied, leaning back on the chalkboard.

“You look like a hairless monkey,” a grey filly said with a snicker, the pink one from before laughing with her.

Jason glared a bit, resisting the urge to argue. “That is true,” he admitted. “We humans did evolve from primates. Yes?” he asked, this time the pink filly had raised her hoof.

“So do you eat bananas?” she asked, a grin on her face.


He clenched his fists, taking in a breath. “Yes, humans can eat bananas.” Before they could ask another question, he quickly changed the subject. “Now, I don’t exactly have a speech or anything planned, and I’d rather not bore you so, how about I just show you this.” he said, holding his arm up, displaying the Omnitrix. “This is the Omnitrix. It allows me to change into other creatures. Like so.” He popped up the dial, clicking through it before pushing it back down.

“Star Ocean!” he shouted, smirking at all the gasps and hanging jaws. “As you can see, I am now an alicorn.” Jason’s alicorn form stood as tall as Twilight, his coat a deep green while his mane and tail were black with green streaks.

“What else can you turn into?” a white unicorn asked, waving her hoof in the air.

“Yeah, can you be a minotaur?” another asked.

“No, do a griffon!”

“Woah now, calm down.” he said, putting his hooves up. “I don’t have either of those yet.” he said, smiling. “But lets see what else I got.” he said touching the Omnitrix again, reverting to human form. He transformed again, this time now a bipedal, very angry looking tiger.

“Rath? Let me tell you something Omnitrix!” he shouted, pointing at the Omnitrix, located on his chest. “Rath didn’t ask for Rath, Rath wanted Lodestar!”

“Um... Jason...” Apple Bloom said, poking his leg, a frown on her face.

“Not now Apple Bloom, Rath is laying the smack down!” Jason said before going back to berating the Omnitrix for the mistransformation.

“Is he really yelling at an inanimate object? How bright is he?” the pink filly asked with a snicker.

“Lemme tell ya somethin’, tiara wearing pink filly!” Jason shouted, getting up in her face, pointing a finger at her. “Rath does not like you calling Rath dumb!”

“W-what are you gonna do about it?” she asked, gulping.

“Now see here,” Filthy Rich said, not about to let his daughter be attacked.

“You're her father right?” Jason asked, turning to him and narrowing his eyes.

“Yes I am, and I...”

“Lemme tell ya somethin’, father of that disrespectful filly!” Jason shouted, poking the stallion’s chest with a beefy finger. “Rath thinks you need to teach your daughter some manners! Like Apple Bloom! She has great manners!”

“Jason... please...” Apple Bloom said, tugging on his other hand.

“Ok, ok.” he said, frowning. “You best learn some manners!” he instructed the filly before returning to normal. Once back in human form, he noted the class, adults and foals, were all staring at him. “Yeah... sorry about that... Rath isn’t very smart and he tends to yell a lot...” he explained, rubbing the back of his head.

“That was so cool!” an orange-colored pegasus filly shouted, hoof pumping. A few others joined in, mumbling their praise.

“Well thanks,” he said blushing a bit, smiling cheekily.

“Yes... that was quite interesting,” Miss Cheerilee said, clearing her throat. “I believe it’s time for recess,” she said, and as if on cue, the lunch bell rang. All the foals rushed outside, the white unicorn and orange pegasus quickly joining Apple Bloom.

“Ahem,” Filthy Rich said, clearing his throat.

“So yeah... sorry about the yelling...” Jason said with a sheepish laugh, looking anywhere except the stallion.

“I’m willing to look past it Mr. Jason,” Rich said, fixing his tie. “Now, this Omnitrix, how much would it take for you to relinquish it?”

“You want to buy the Omnitrix from me?” Jason asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Yes and I will pay handsomely for it.”

“Why do you even want it for?” Jason asked, sitting on one of the desks.

“My daughter of course. With it, she can truly be the princess she was meant to be.” Rich said, a smile on his muzzle.


“Sorry to break this to ya but I’m not selling it. Besides, it doesn’t come off,” Jason said, demonstrating by tugging on it. “See? Don’t come off.”

“Hmph. I respect your decision but I think you should take my offer, it’s not everyday one such as yourself gets an offer like this.”

“Did you just insult me?” Jason asked, standing and glaring down at the stallion.

“Of course not, I merely meant that you are alone here, it would be a good idea for you to make some connections,” Rich said, looking him in the eye.

“We’re done here,” Jason said in disgust before walking off. “I’ll see ya back at the farm, Apple Bloom,” he called, barely registering her response as he headed for the library.

***

The still atmosphere of the afternoon air that permeated the royal gardens was broken as a grinding, crackling sound echoed in the empty gardens. Three of the statues that made up the garden’s collection started to shake. The first one shattered, releasing the being that had been trapped.

“Ah, it feels so good to be free,” he said, taking a deep breath. He cracked his neck and a grin spread across his face. “Come Xemnas, the spell is weakened.”

The second statue shattered, releasing the being known as Xemnas back into the world.

“Of course brother, it is very good to be free,” he agreed, stretching his body out. “What of the Arishok?” he asked, turning to the third statue, which was still cracking.

“Leave him, he will distract those pathetic ponies while we make our escape,” Ansem said, as he held his hand out to create a portal of darkness. “Let’s take our leave, brother,” he said, stepping through it, followed quickly by his brother, the portal closing behind them.

The final statue shattered not long after, allowing the Arishok to go free. He stood up to his full height, surveying the area.

“Finally, the curse is broken. I shall bring order back to this world,” he vowed to himself, hefting his sword over his shoulder as he started to move out of the garden.

PreviousChapters Next