• Published 19th Jul 2014
  • 1,717 Views, 92 Comments

The Black Apple - Duke of Canterlot



Apple Bloom has met her father and the two seek to change Equestria forever.

  • ...
20
 92
 1,717

Time Travel

Starlight Glimmer knew it would work. She successfully traveled back in time and would get Our Town back to its glory. Starlight knew that a few ponies would stand in her way. The first was Apple Bloom.

From research of the murders, Starlight learned that the first murder took place at Froggy Bog Pond. Apple Bloom killed a simple-minded classmate, presumably as a test run. If Starlight killed Apple Bloom instead, all the murders would stop.

Starlight landed close to the precise time. She could see Apple Bloom – looking sweet and innocent as a blank flank filly. However, all knew better in her time. Apple Bloom was accompanied by a dim looking unicorn colt with a blank stare. This must have been Apple Bloom’s first victim – Snails.

"Duhhhhh, Apple Bloom, where is you?", said Snails.

"Ah'm over here.. follow my voice. Hmmm.. wait, don't move yet”, said Apple Bloom.

Starlight could see the look in Apple Bloom’s eyes. She was perfectly okay with murdering another pony she didn’t like. Starlight was going to save Snails’ life, the lives of countless other ponies, and most importantly Our Town.

"Hey", cheered Apple Bloom, "why don't we count to ten together?"

"Uhhhhh... okie."

"For every number we count, you take a step. No turning. Just walk straight."

This would be too easy, thought Starlight, Snails had his eyes closed and Apple Bloom probably wasn’t expecting that any pony would follow her.

Starlight Glimmer levitated Apple Bloom into the air.

“W-w-w-w-what”, said Apple Bloom, “what the hell is going on? Snails, are you doing this?”

“Uhh.. I’m not doing anything.”

“Somepony or something is causing me to float in the air. Ah knew you resented me – Snails, but this is too much.”

“I don’t resent you – I l-l-l-.”

“Ugh, okay. So much worse”, groaned Apple Bloom, “whoever is doing this, show yourself!”

Starlight Glimmer had no plans of showing herself. She moved Apple Bloom’s body above Froggy Bog Pond and dropped the body to the ground. Apple Bloom was flailing in the water but it was futile. Starlight had weakened Apple Bloom to the point that the filly could not swim. Apple Bloom drowned in the pond. A moment later, a massive hydra appeared and ate Apple Bloom in one bite – swimming away afterwards. Apple Bloom was dead alright – she had it coming after her crimes. Crimes the filly no longer would be able to commit.

Starlight Glimmer then spoke to Snails.

“Snails. Apple Bloom brought you here because she loved you deeply”, said Starlight Glimmer, “Apple Bloom, unfortunately, committed suicide. She knew the hydra would feast at this time and she wanted to say goodbye to you. I am so sorry. Tell the others.”

Snails was crying and said, “I understand. Who are you?”

“A figment of your imagination telling you to do the right thing.”

“Uhhh okie dokie lokie.” With that, a weeping Snails ran off.

Ponyville would be devastated by the death of a bright and promising filly for sure. They would never know the horrors that Apple Bloom would bring.

Starlight Glimmer needed to kill a few more. She knew that Twilight advised her to go after Tirek. However, the thought of risking everything by going into Tartarus just to kill the centaur seemed like too much. And besides, it was Apple Bloom who helped Tirek escape from Tartarus in the first place. Apple Bloom was an easy kill at her younger state.

Starlight Glimmer knew who she wanted to kill next – Gilda.


Starlight travelled to Griffonstone to find Gilda. She searched long and far for Gilda. Perhaps the griffon wasn’t even in town and terrorizing ponies somewhere. Starlight wished she could figure out more easily where Gilda was during that time but there was no historical record of Gilda’s exact place when she wanted the griffon to be killed – especially since Starlight Glimmer had just changed all of history for Equestria.

However, luck was on Starlight Glimmer’s side.

Starlight saw a terrified griffon couple running as far away as they could.

“You two owe a lot of money”, snarled a gruff griffon which looked like Gilda in weaker but still impressive shape.

“We don’t have the money”, cried the female griffon, “why do you think we owe you things?”

“Your boyfriend has been cooking meth. You’re a real dumbass if you didn’t know that.”

Starlight Glimmer pounced on Gilda.

“Hello there, Gilda”, said Starlight with a smile, “you probably don’t remember me – but I certainly know of you.”

“Who are you? You crazy pony bitch! Get off me! This isn’t any of your business. And fuck you – I can’t even see them anymore. I’ll be glad to kill you instead. With that horn of yours, you can probably make money come out of your asshole.”

“I think it is time that we have different arrangements”, responded Starlight.

Starlight created a magic blast so powerful that it caused Gilda to be caught on fire. The griffon began running around and screaming for help. Nope, thought Starlight, Gilda had no qualms about killing Starlight. She would have no problem killing Gilda.

After a painful fiery five minutes, Gilda succumbed to the fire.

Starlight shrugged. She doubted any one decent would miss Gilda.

The griffon couple rushed over to Starlight wanting to share their thanks.

“If you really want to thank me. Join me at this place called Our Town. We could use some griffonfolk.”

“If you can offer us protection, the authorities have been after me too“, said the male griffon.

“Oh – so you have been cooking meth”, squawked the female griffon, “I’m breaking up with you!” She flew away.

“Uh”, said the male griffon, “I guess I’ll go to this Our Town. My name is Gold.”

“And I am Starlight Glimmer. Our Town is about 50 kilometers west of Canterlot. I will be back soon – just need to take care of one more target.”


Starlight Glimmer arrived at Canterlot. She looked through the list of ponies who had been killed because of Apple Bloom. Starlight knew there was one more who didn’t deserve to live.

Starlight stormed into Canterlot Castle where the Royal Guard stood in place. She saw two straight lines of loyal ponies who were ready to guard Princess Celestia with their lives.

However, there was one in the room who didn’t care so much about the life of Princess Celestia.



Starlight eyed a pegasus dressed up in armor who spent his time ogling and drooling over Starlight.

“Hey hot stuff”, said the pegasus, “why don’t you and me go somewhere for a little fun?”

“Shut up”, said another guardpony, “any more talk like that and I will ensure you’re fired. I don’t care that you’re dating Twily.”

“Oh Shining Armor, chill out.”

“Hmm”, said Starlight, “I can take this ruffian off your hooves for a little bit. Seems like he has some pent-up sexual frustration.”

“Sure thing”, said Shining, “I will tell Celestia and Twilight about this though.”

“I’m getting some hot unicorn ass”, said the pegasus, “I don’t give a damn.”

Starlight thought this would be too easy.

Starlight and the guardspony exited Canterlot Castle and went to a secluded wooded area.

“They say I am well-endowed”, said the guardspony, “I am Flash Sentry – you will have the best fuck of your life.”

“Oh”, said Starlight coyly, “I like to play it rough.”

Starlight Glimmer took out a knife and began to stab Flash Sentry all over. Flash screamed louder with every cut.

“When are we…ow.oww..getting to the fun stuff”, groaned Flash.

“You nimkapoop. If you haven’t figured out what I’m doing to you now – you never will. Did you actually think that I, Starlight Glimmer, would ever sleep with you? You are pathetic.”

“I am dating Princess Twilight Sparkle so I am the most desirable of all ponies.” Flash was far too chatty for someone who was just stabbed over a dozen times.

“Time for your throat”, said Starlight. Flash tried to fly away but it was no use. Starlight made one final slash to Flash Sentry at the throat and left the stallion dead. She doubted any one would care about this loss.

Starlight was well assured that her future was as safe as it could be. Our Town would live on – unlike Apple Bloom, Starlight swore that she would never kill another pony unless it was self-defense. It almost made Starlight uneasy how well she could play Apple Bloom’s game. However, Starlight didn’t have grand ambitions to rule over Equestria. Our Town was enough to satisfy.


Starlight Glimmer returned to Our Town where she saw her villagers cheering her return including Double Diamond, Night Glider, and Sugarbelle.



“Welcome back, Starlight Glimmer”, said Double Diamond, “we missed you so much!’

The newest resident, Gold, was already getting well acclimated to the town. Even though he was the only griffon – he could abide by Starlight’s rules and proving harmony existed even for nonpony folk.

Starlight smiled. All was good in Equestria again.

Author's Note:

So, this is the end of "The Black Apple"!
I hope everyone enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.

Comments ( 4 )

And this is the absolute perfect ending! Starlight is victorious! Apple Bloom dead and Gilda dead, you can't beat that!.....oh and her killing Flash Sentry as an added bonus, PERFECT!

i.postimg.cc/j2Nw07t7/StarAnger.png

Okay Killing Apple Bloom I get but why Gilda and Flash Sentry, Gilda wouldnt have done anything if AB is dead

10609788

She killed Gilda because she was a bitch and would cause problems regardless. Killing Flash Sentry, well I'm sure Duke had his reasons for Starlight killing him....maybe him causing Twilight problems.

This is really my biggest problem with time travel, that it can invalidate an entire story. Starlight just basically replaced everything in the original fic and this one with killing three characters fans disliked. Worst of all, this is in the context of the story previously setting up a situation where certain characters must die for others to be revived, which allowed for revivals that didn't just erase the entire effect of deaths.

Also, Apple Bloom may be a murderer, and not allow dissent, but I'd still trust her dictatorship over Starlight's...things just aren't going to go well with Starlight in power.

Login or register to comment