• Published 19th Jul 2014
  • 1,717 Views, 92 Comments

The Black Apple - Duke of Canterlot



Apple Bloom has met her father and the two seek to change Equestria forever.

  • ...
20
 92
 1,717

Equestria's Newest Alicorn

Apple Bloom looked at her reflection in the lake and grinned. It worked. She had a horn on her head and wings behind her. She was also taller, not as tall as Princess Celestia was but probably close to the height of Princess Twilight.

"Daddy", said Apple Bloom with a giggle, "I suppose you must now call me Princess."

Tirek had changed even more than his daughter in some respects. Tirek was no longer a scrawny baboon-horse creature but a muscular giant of a demon.

"I am King Tirek! Come on, Princess, let's go take what is rightfully ours."

Apple Bloom flew to her father's shoulders and the two of them made their way to Canterlot.


[/hr]

Twilight looked up from the puddle of tears she created to see that there were riots. Celestia was dead and ponies were in a state of panic. Twilight wished she could bring rationality to her scared subjects, but that would prove to be futile.

*stomp stomp*

The loud and booming stomps caused many of the ponies to stop whatever they were doing. The stomps caused the ground to shake.
Ponies began shrieking, including strong fully-grown stallions.

Twilight didn't say anything. She simply watched as the familiar behemoth showed himself to Canterlot.

"Citizens of Equestria", boomed Tirek, "Princess Celestia is dead. You must now worship your true leaders..now!!!"

Twilight wasn't shocked by Tirek. Rather, she was shocked by the alicorn perched on Tirek's shoulder.. Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom flew off Tirek's shoulder and used her magic to paralyze every pony in sight.

"Now you must obey me and my father", said Apple Bloom, "swear your allegiance to us and we promise that you will live. Otherwise, you will die. Easy to understand, right?"

Apple Bloom used her alicorn magic to change Equestria's flags. No longer did it have Celestia and Luna in harmony but rather Tirek the giant centaur and Apple Bloom the alicorn. There was a black apple in between them. Yes, thought Apple Bloom, don't be stupid. Worship her and she'll let them live.

Apple Bloom removed the stun spell from the crowd.

"Anyone dare to object", asked Tirek.

Apple Bloom was pleasantly surprised that none of the other princesses were openly objecting, they probably had some underhanded scheme to overthrow her..but no pony could defeat Apple Bloom.

But some pony did object...

"I object to your rule, you monster", shouted Flash Sentry, one of the Royal Guards.

"Don't do this, Flash", cried Twilight with fear.

"I'll give you one more chance, Flash", said Apple Bloom, "do you object to me as your leader?"

"Yes", said Flash bravely.

Apple Bloom laughed and her horn began to glow.
Flash Sentry was set on fire. He screamed and screamed. Flash tried to fly, but the flames were too strong.
Flash was turned into ash.

The crowd was silent.

"Any pony else object to me?"

No one else dared.

"Tirek, let's go to our new house."

Tirek and Apple Bloom moved into Celestia's castle. Tirek was too large to fit inside but no one would dare cross him.


[/hr]

Twilight was horrified. All seemed hopeless. Spike looked at her with concern.

"I wonder how long it will be until Apple Bloom figures out the four of us were brought back to life."

"She probably knows", said Twilight, "you heard her, don't object and you'll live."

Zecora approached Twilight and Spike. She gave each one a hug.

"I think something Apple Bloom will like. Is an alive Spike."

"Why's that", asked Twilight. Zecora was always filled with riddles.

"Very well. There's a twist to the spell. Celestia can be revived if one of the four no longer thrived."

Spike didn't understand what Celestia was saying but Twilight figured it out.

"You're saying that if one of the four brought back to life were to die..we could bring Celestia back to life?"

Zecora nodded.

"I'll gladly die for Celestia", said Spike with pride.

Twilight shook her head and said, "I can't lose you, who else was brought back to life."

"Someone quite dangerous, the guard Cerberus. Diamond Tiara's goon, Silver Spoon. Not as sweet as a muffin, Gilda the Griffin."

"We need Cerberus. Silver Spoon is only a filly", said Twilight, "we must kill Gilda to bring Celestia back to life. Besides, she killed Silver Spoon and tried to kill Sweetie Belle...perhaps the world is better off without her."

Saying those words made Twilight shudder. That was Apple Bloom's rationale, wasn't it? No, thought Twilight, you're different. You're doing this for Celestia.


[/hr]

Gilda wanted her money. She wanted it now. With Celestia dead and Apple Bloom in charge, Gilda had to get her money back, right?
She flew over to the castle and saw Tirek outside, flexing his muscles.

"What brings you here", bellowed Tirek.

"I am a friend of Apple Bloom. We made a deal some time ago."

"I must go consult with my daughter first, BLOOM!!"

"Yea", shouted Apple Bloom from inside.

"There's a griffon who wants to talk to you. She said you two made a deal some time ago."

"Is her name Gilda?"

"Is that your name", Tirek asked the griffon

Gilda nodded.

"Yes it is."

"Funny, ah could have sworn she was dead, but you may allow her in. If she's lying, she won't come out alive."

Gilda flew in the window. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. This wasn't the same pipsqueak earth pony she saw a year ago. Rather, she was a tall, divine-looking alicorn. She smiled at Gilda and said, "Ah thought you were dead."

"I was. I must tell you how I came back to life, but only if you give me my money."

"What did I pay you again?"

Gilda smirked and said, "a million bits."

"You liar", said Apple Bloom with a unsettling laugh, "I have a photographic memory and know you're lying. Ah only promised you fifty thousand bits. I'm not so sure if I want to give you that now.."

"I know something you don't."

"Oh right, why you're not dead." Apple Bloom created money out of thin air and let it drop in front of Gilda.

"Since ah am so damn generous", said Apple Bloom, "ah gave you double. Now tell me what I must know."

Gilda needed to tell Apple Bloom the truth or she was dead again.

"Alright, a deal is a deal. Zecora, some lame-o zebra from the Everfree Forest, cooked up a spell that can bring beings back to life."

Apple Bloom gasped and said, "oh no..this is awful, my work could all be destroyed..."

Gilda couldn't help but grin at seeing Apple Bloom show some vulnerability.

"But, my Princess", said Gilda with a bow, "you do not need to worry. The spell can only bring four back to life and that's it. Me, Cerberus, Spike, and Silver Spoon live..but it can't be used to bring others back to life."

"Including Celestia?"

"Including Celestia."

"Perfect", said Apple Bloom, "now that you're alive, you can be useful again. How would you like to be my protector? Ah will pay you nicely."

"To stop any losers for infiltrating your castle, definitely, Princess Apple Bloom."

Apple Bloom certainly had it all. She was an alicorn and had all of Equestria living under her will. She smiled sweetly.

Author's Note:

The reign begins.