• Published 19th Jul 2014
  • 1,717 Views, 92 Comments

The Black Apple - Duke of Canterlot



Apple Bloom has met her father and the two seek to change Equestria forever.

  • ...
20
 92
 1,717

One Of The Four

Zecora figured it was worth a try, perhaps the prophecy was wrong. She prepared the brew again in the comfort of her hut.
The only to save Equestria was to bring Princess Celestia back to life. Celestia would bring hope to the defeated citizens of Equestria.

Once the brew was ready, Zecora said "Princess Celestia". She waited for ten minutes, but Celestia did not appear.
Zecora sighed. The only way that Celestia would be brought back to life was to kill one of the four which were resurrected.

Who should be killed? Zecora wondered if a pony was already taking matters into his or her own hooves.


A pony certainly was. Twilight Sparkle had captured Gilda while the griffon was on patrol looking for suspicious activity.
Twilight stunned Gilda with a spell and dragged her to the Everfree Forest.
Gilda needed to die.. for Princess Celestia.
Better Gilda dead than one of the other three.
Gilda wasn't even that nice of a griffon.

"Our leader, Apple Bloom, will destroy you", snarled Gilda, "she certainly will."
Twilight looked down at the stunned Gilda with a look of anger and duty. Twilight had an axe hovering over Gilda's head.
Twilight wanted Gilda dead for the chance to bring Celestia back to life and nothing else.
Twilight was preparing to bring the axe down but suddenly..

"Stop this madness right now", shouted a pony behind Twilight.

Gilda smiled. She saw that the alicorn, Apple Bloom, was behind Twilight.
Twilight was amazed at how Apple Bloom looked now. She was much taller now, even taller than Twilight.
Twilight shuddered. Apple Bloom's magical abilities were probably stronger than her own.
Apple Bloom also looked older. She still had the red bow, but she didn't look much like a filly anymore.
Apple Bloom was an alicorn now.

"Perhaps, ah should take your magic away, Ms. Twilight", said Apple Bloom, "you certainly don't appear to be using it for good."

"You're a monster", growled Twilight, "you put me into this predicament."

"Hmmm, ah think ah figured out why you're doing this to poor Gilda", said Apple Bloom, "why hasn't Princess Celestia been risen to the dead? That's been on my mind since I learned that some were resurrected. I don't know exactly how you brought these four back to life, but ah figured that there was a limit to the resurrection spell. Otherwise, you would have brought all of my victims back to life. Twilight, you think you are so goddamn smart. You are, but I'm just a little smarter."

Apple Bloom used the stun spell on Twilight who fell to the ground.

"First, I'll take your magic", said Apple Bloom, "all of it for me. Tirek taught me how to sap away the magic."

Twilight couldn't move. She could only watch what was happening to her. She could also hear the gleeful laughter from Gilda who had avoided death, thanks to the sociopathic alicorn. Funny thing to think, huh?
Apple Bloom huffed and puffed, causing a mist to emit from her body. The mist landed on Twilight, sapping away her magic.
Twilight shrunk in size and her wings disappeared.

"Last but not least, it's time for you to die."

Apple Bloom took the axe and brought it down right onto Twilight's neck. Apple Bloom didn't miss her target.


Apple Bloom sent a decree to the citizens of Equestria.

"My subjects, ah have decided to designate four honorable ones as protected citizens. They cannot be killed by anyone, including myself. I am pleased to announce that the protected citizens are Spike the Dragon, Gilda the Griffon, Silver Spoon, and Cerberus. Anyone caught killing or attempting to kill any of these four will be murdered instantly.

"Ah have the head of the former Princess Twilight Sparkle right here. She took every measure to ensure that her attempted murder of Gilda was done in secret, but I still found her. Twilight stunned Gilda and brought her to the Everfree Forest to kill her in cold blood. Let this be a warning to the rest of you. I am the most powerful pony in all of Equestria. No one can doublecross me."

Zecora shook her head. Perhaps, it was impossible to defeat Apple Bloom. Twilight tried and lost her head.
Zecora began to cry upon seeing Apple Bloom holding Twilight's severed head. She could barely believe what was happening.
Apple Bloom seemed so good-natured and kind. She was incredibly bright and curious about the world around her.
Wasn't she one simply a filly eager to get her cutie mark? But as all knew now, Apple Bloom did get her cutie mark - it was one of evil.
There had to be something which could be done to defeat Apple Bloom.. thought Zecora optimistically.. Zecora just had no idea what that was yet.

Author's Note:

I hope you're all enjoying the story.