• Published 19th Jul 2014
  • 1,717 Views, 92 Comments

The Black Apple - Duke of Canterlot



Apple Bloom has met her father and the two seek to change Equestria forever.

  • ...
20
 92
 1,717

Panic at the Top

Where the hell was Twilight's head, thought Apple Bloom.
She needed to know. Perhaps, Tirek took it.

Apple Bloom rushed outside and saw that Tirek was still working on the wall.

"Daddy", shouted Apple Bloom, "did you take Twilight's head?"

"It has gone missing?"

"Yes it has. So, you didn't take it."

"No."

"Something happened. Ah don't think I'm going to like the answer."

"When you have the power, my daughter, you also need to be on guard every second."

"How the hell? Who would have gotten away with murder? Ah would have noticed.. unless... oh shit, do you think?"

"Do I think what?"

"Suicide. One of those four might have killed themselves to resurrect Twilight.. and I think I know who it was."

"Spike", responded Tirek with a chuckle.

"That little piece of shit. I give him protection and this is how he repays me!?!?!? I'm sure it was him."

"So, you know this means Twilight will have to stay alive."

"Ugh", groaned Apple Bloom, "how.. could... I... have not thought about that?"

"Relax", said Tirek softly, "you will figure out a way."

"I can't exactly ban suicide. What sort of punishment do I give a pony who kills himself or herself?"

"Who brought them back to life anyway?"

"Ah am sure it was Zecora. She always has this crazy voodoo magic to do crazy stuff.. like bringing ponies to life."

"You know what you must do."

"Eeyup, destroy any trace of the spell and then kill Zecora."

"Exactly, get to work."

"Ah wish I could use Gilda, but she could be killed. That would be bring Celestia back to life."

"You may be a princess, but never be afraid to do your own dirty work."

"That is my only option, isn't it?"


Twilight opened her eyes. What the hell happened? Why was she in Zecora's hut?
Twilight saw a bodybag. It looked small, like that a baby dragon could fit in it.. oh no. Twilight shrieked.

Zecora approached Twilight and said, "Welcome back to Equestria."

"I died?"

"Yes, you did and.."

"Spike.. why did you? Oh no.... why Spike?"

"Spike couldn't live without you, that's what he told me. He then shot himself in the head.."

"And you didn't stop him!?!?!?!"

"I tried, but Spike really believed in this. You should have seen him. If I stopped Spike from killing himself in my hut, he would have killed himself elsewhere."

"So, how did I die?"

"Oh, it was brutal. In trying to bring Celestia back to life, you took Gilda to the Everfree Forest to kill her. You were going to chop her head off, but Apple Bloom found out. Bloom chopped your head off instead."

Zecora saw Twilight wince, but Twilight would have eventually heard about her decapitation.

"That would be really creepy if my head is somewhere."

"I don't think so", said Zecora, "the spell is designed to bring a pony back to life in a pre-death state. Hence, why you have no memories of your death."

"That's something I suppose I am glad I can't remember. What the hell are we going to do? Apple Bloom is far too strong. Nothing can stop her."

"She has gotten even worse since Tirek joined her."

"The creep is her father, can't you believe that?"

"It does make sense. Have you ever heard the tale of the black apple?"

"Applejack mentioned it to me once.. that reminds me, poor Granny. She was old, but she shouldn't have died the way she did."

"What was the ending of the tale?"

"The poison was sapped away from the black apple, turning it into a red apple."

"Perhaps we can do that for Apple Bloom."

"Apple Bloom doesn't deserve such a happy ending, look at all of the destruction she has caused."

"The story is a sign. Apple Bloom can be turned good again."

"That is human shit", grumbled Twilight, "in fact, I have another analogy from the story that shoots what you're saying down."

"What is that?"

"The tree that grew the apples. It needed to be chopped down."

"Isn't that Tirek?"

"Both of them need to be destroyed."

"Apple Bloom is always ten steps ahead of the rest of us. I don't see how we can destroy her. You probably have an easier time destroying Tirek."

"Zecora, I don't believe you. It sounds like you're giving up, because it's too hard."

"It's impossible as far as I'm concerned, Twilight Sparkle. You tried to kill Gilda in secret to save Celestia. Apple Bloom figured out what you were doing instantly. She has far too many powers. Any pony who tries to destroy her will be destroyed instead. Whoever touched the black apple was killed, the apple needed to trust the cleansing which made it good."

"There has to be something. I was able to defeat Tirek when he was at his strongest that one time. There has to be a way to defeat Apple Bloom and Tirek."

"Good luck, Twilight. If you die again, I will not bring you back to life."

"I agree, please bring back Celestia or Spike instead."

"Good."

Twilight left Zecora's hut.


Apple Bloom flew to Zecora's hut. Now was the time to destroy the zebra and her brew.
Her method of murder would be most symbolic. She planned to use the Apple Boom. It was much like Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom or Twilight's alicorn boom. It was one which would land right on Zecora's hut and set it ablaze.
Such a boom was traditionally considered an act of bravery and heroism. This boom would be one which simply sought to keep Apple Bloom the killing machine she wanted to be.

Apple Bloom flew high up in the air and dashed downwards. Any pony who saw her fly downwards would see that only darkness emitted from her body. The alicorn filly let the boom be created as she approached the roof of Zecora's hut. It set the hut on fire as predicted. Where was Zecora and her stupid brew now? Surely, the resurrection brew would be vanquished as well as Zecora.

The hut was destroyed but much to Apple Bloom's anger...

"Apple Bloom, daughter of Cherry Blossom and Tirek. You may have destroyed my home and my brews, but you have not destroyed my memories."

Zecora vanished into thin air.

"Fucking zebra", screamed Apple Bloom, "come back here and obey your queen!"
Zecora did not return. Who the hell did she think she was? Zecora was so dead...
If there was ever a time to panic, it was now. She needed some advice from her daddy on what to do.
Apple Bloom flew back to her castle.

Author's Note:

Has Apple Bloom finally met her match?