• Published 12th May 2014
  • 2,012 Views, 55 Comments

Cupid Chrysalis - Nightmare Darkness



Chrysalis is between a rock and a hard place, on one hoof she has equestria that could keep her subjects alive and bountifule for years but cannot conquor it. On the other she has a race of changelings to feed so how do you feed your children?

  • ...
5
 55
 2,012

Counseling Session

The night was clam as she found she could not sleep. Chrysalis standing on the balcony of the crystal palace brought back memories of a time she was young and in love with Sombra. She crushed that memory with a thought as she turned toward the room again. Boren was asleep at the foot of her bed on a pillow and she walked past him not giving him a thought but she entered the room where the changeling was now staying and opening the door the bed sheets were thrown back and the changeling was missing but she chuckled as she picked out a shaking teapot.

"Come now, little one." she said calmly as she closed the door behind her and cast a spell of sound cancellation to negate all sound or allowing anyone to enter. The adolescent changeling burst into flame as she transformed back into her battered and bruised form which again caused Chrysalis's eyes to flare with purple dark magic but it was gone as quickly as it had come.

"Wh-where am I?" She asked as she looked at Highness Heartstrings.

"Still in the palace but under my care. You would do well to listen to me if not for your savior but for your queen..." She said simply as her skin crawled with green flame as she assumed her natural form. The changeling looked at her in awe then after a moment fear.

"Why do you show fear infront of me?" Chrysalis asked narrowing her eyes at the your changeling.

"I-I have put the plan for assimilation in danger of being discovered." She said looking down ashamed. Chrysalis chuckled as she approached the young one.

"What is your name?" she asked

"Glasswing" she said humbly as Chrysalis noticed she had given herself a pony name. Placing a tender hoof under Glasswing's chin she made her look up at her.

"You must be hungry...." she said in a motherly tone as she sat down and pulled her battered body against her chest as her mouth opened slightly as she began to sing a song that conjured a string of pink tendrils of energy that left her chest and enveloped Glasswing in an embrace. The pink energy flowed into Glasswing's mouth softly. Glasswing shuddered as she drunk deep the essence of love from Chrysalis and after several minutes Glasswing's wounds and bruises had fully healed. Chrysalis smiled at her as 'daughter' smiled back at her then unceremoniously gave a small burp. Glasswing blushed awkwardly as she smiled.

"Now...little one they know who you are and for that you cannot hide from them. So as it stands we must be cautious, I am known as Highness Heartstrings... call me by that name and that name only or it may raise suspicions." She explained as Glasswing nodded vigorously.

"Ill do my best." she said confidently.

"Good." Chrysalis said curtly as she stood up and moved towards the door as her body flared with green fire and retook the appearance of her black coated green maned unicorn ponysona.

"Get some sleep now. I will have you accompany Boren in the morning." Highness said as she undid the magic seals and opened the door. She gave a glance back to see the little changeling was crawling into bed and she gave a small smile as she let a small bit of power glow on her horn as she cast a simple nightlight spell that was a dim green that would last till daybreak. She closed the door behind her and turned to her own bed and saw that Boren was still asleep on his cushion. She collapsed onto her bed and pulled her covers over her form, feeding Glasswing had taken alot out of her, there was more damage to her then at first glance.


The morning sun woke her and then a banging on her door made her give a low guttural growl that would befit an Ursa minor. Boren stood up and walked to the door and opened it to see the smiling face of Twilight. Oh how she loathed mornings but even more so was being woken up by somepony else.

"Morning I was hoping you would join us for breakfast." Twilight said as she opened the door further causing Boren to take three steps back and saw that she was still in bed.

"Oh Im sorry I didn't know you were still asleep." She said with a note of apology. Highness Heartstrings lifted the blanket from her slender body and placed her hooves on the floor.

"I am awake now. Please give me five minutes to get ready." She said as she looked to a mirror and saw her mane had major bedhead.

"Of course." Twilight said as the note of apology was quickly replaced with a happy attitude as Boren waved his claw in her face as she was shooed out and then closed the door. Highness stood up and walked towards the mirror and levitated her hairbrush and began to untangle her mane as she sat down on a pillow. A knock on her window caused her to stop and then with a cast of her magic the latch opened and Bolt walked in closing the door behind himself and gave a bow.

"My queen I have news." he said calmly.

"Capitan Bolt I do hope it is this early in the morning." she said crisply.

"The group of changelings her have acclimated well but the family of the one simply known as Glasswing is distraught with worry and have no Idea what has happened to her." He reported. Highness looked at Boren as he was about to lay back down on his bed and Raised and eyebrow without a word. Boren was about to lay down and saw his queen and stopped.

"Boren, please get Glasswing." she ordered and with a grumble under his breath he turned to go get the small changeling.

"You have her in your custody you Highness?" he exclaimed surprised.

"Ye of so little faith." Highness cooed simply as Boren opened the door and after a moment the black chitin of her body glistened in the morning sun, her eyes were the standard blue and her mane was a leathered red hue. Glasswings wings were what really caught the light and created a kaleidoscope of color because of the protective coating that changeling wings had.

"M-morning...Highness." she said with a bow of her head.

"Good morning little one. I would like to introduce my Capitan. Bolt." she introduced as Bold nodded to her in greeting.

"Your highness is this wise? Looking after her will bring more attention to you then I would like." He said unsure and was answered with a light hearted laugh.

"I will be fine. But relay to her family that she will be in my charge till further notice." She ordered and Bolt bowed in acknowledgment as Highness finished brushing her mane to the way she liked it. Highness stood up then and began towards the door.

"You are dismissed." she said simply and with another bow Bolt left the way he came.

"Well hate to ask...but have you thought about what you are going to do about the session today with Princess Cadence and Shining?" Boren asked as he opened the door.

"Ill cross that bridge when I get to it." she said through clenched teeth. She left the door and looked back to see Glasswing hesitate to follow her.

"Come now." she said calmly and Glasswing didn't hesitate further as she followed her.

"Boren what do you plan to do today?" Highness asked as they made their way towards the dining hall.

"I was thinking taking her to the library or maybe just out into the gardens." Boren said simply.

"Don't allow anything to happen to her do you understand?" she said and Boren nodded simply as she turned to Glasswing.

"You as well don't simply take any abuse....be proud of who you are." She said confidently and Glasswing nodded with a look of misery.


The door to the dining hall was guarded by two crystal pony guards who eyes the group suspiciously as they opened the doors for them. Highness made a note of that and walked into the room everypony was there save for Rarity and Spike. The room became silent as all eyes turned to Glasswing. Highness ignored the silence and found herself a seat as Boren jumped up into the seat next to her followed by a timid Glasswing who sat on Highnesses right and begun to sing slowly into her seat wanting to hide. The pregnant silence was breached by Pink party pony who smiled at her.

"Whats your name? Im Pinkie and this is...." she stopped and took a large breath and then with rapid succession slammed out the names of everypony.

"TwilightSparkleApplejackRainbowDashPrincessCadenceShiningArmorFluttershy" she stopped briefly to catch her breath.

"And Rarity and Spike will arrive in three two.....one" Pinkie counted down and the doors to the hall opened again to admit Rarity and Spike.

"How does she do that..." Twilight asked baffled as Rarity and Spike took their seats, Spike beside Twilight and Rarity next to Fluttershy.

"I-I'm G-Glasswing." she said quietly.

"What will ya eat I thought changelings only eat love?" Applejack asked and Glasswing looked at her then up at Highness who only nodded.

"Well we can eat normal food...but that wont sustain us." She said simply.

"what do ya mean? If ya eat food then why did ya invade canterlot? " Applejack asked and Highness thought to herself that Applejack was going for the throat.

"Um...I...I don't..." Glasswing began to say.

"As I understand it." Highness interjected as everpony looked to her.

"Eating food over eating love is like eating dry bread and water over a full meal as royalty." She stated

"Am I correct" she asked as she looked down at Glasswing who simply nodded.

"You were a lot more...banged up when we last saw you." Spike said as if he was broaching a touchy subject.

"You are not wrong." Highness agreed.

" I felt that she would be hungry after being starved for so long and so I Gave my love to her." Highness said simply and that drew frowns and looks of confusion from the rest of the table.

"How you give love is simple, just open yourself to have the changeling in question feed." Highness explained calmly.

"W-well I am glad to see that our blunder was so easily rectified." Cadence said and Highness looked at her with a blank look on her face. 'I'll have to talk to her later about that.' she thought to herself.

"Well...who's hungry?" Shining Armor said breaking through the discussion.


Breakfast was a simple affair and not long after that everypony began to get up and meet at the end of the table. Highness looked at Twilight who had been casting glances at Glasswing all breakfast. Twilight looked up at her and smiled sheepishly.

"How are you?" she asked and Highness waved a hoof.

"If you want to talk to her then just go. Boren will be taking her around today as I do some work and I think He would not mind the company. I would consider this a valuable learning experience." Highness said with a smile. Twilight nodded.

"Your right...of course I just feel uncomfortable around her." Twilight confided.

"If your feel uncomfortable imagine her...she's surrounded by pony's who not that long ago had her imprisoned." Highness said with a raised eyebrow.

"Fair point." Twilight seceded and after a moment she straightened her posture and strode over to Glasswing who was standing by Boren.

"You are amazing." Came a male voice as Shining Armor stood beside her. She felt her heart quicken as her blood raced.

"O-oh I do what I can." she mentally gave herself a shake and then looked at him.

"But I think we should move onto your problems." She said simply and now Shining Armor looked uneasy as Cadence walked up beside him and he looked to her then down at the ground.

"Ill see you both in my room in a half hour." she said as she walked off. a small smile on her face. It felt good to make him feel uncomfortable.



Highness Heartstrings saw in a chair that was provided when asked for as well as a soft loveseat across from her with a coffee table between the two. Her bed had been made in her absence during breakfast and now she opened the door to the balcony. A soft knock on the door and it opened admitting Cadence and then Shining Armor.

"Please come have a seat." she offered as the two found a seat on the opposite sides of the loveseat. She took notice of this but said nothing. Her horn glowed and the room simmered in a sound nullifying field.

"What are you doing?" Shining Armor began in alarm.

"All my sessions are confidential so we cant have anypony else overhear our sessions." She said simply and Shining Armor relaxed only slightly. She found her seat across from them and lifted her red rimmed reading glasses over her muzzle and looked at them. She could kill them right here and now and no one would hear. But she pushed that thought aside.

"So...what seems to be the problem?" Highness asked simply and Cadence was the first to speak.

"He wont tell me what happened between Chrysalis and him when I was imprisoned!" she exclaimed and Shining Armors face fell and Highness Heartstrings Heart stopped.

Comments ( 5 )

I’m happy that this story continues but oh crap about the cliffhanger. My money says that Shining Armor just says ‘I love you’ to Chryalis

Nice, thanks for the update. It's good to see this story alive and kicking.

So this session will be uncomfortable for every sapient in the room. Excellent, I will make popcorn.

Welp, this is going to be awkward.

well. it was a very exciting reading. The story is really addictive and entertaining. After the modern stories of the Changelings, this one feels like a breath of fresh air. It is a pity that we are unlikely to see the continuation.

Login or register to comment