• Published 12th May 2014
  • 2,011 Views, 55 Comments

Cupid Chrysalis - Nightmare Darkness



Chrysalis is between a rock and a hard place, on one hoof she has equestria that could keep her subjects alive and bountifule for years but cannot conquor it. On the other she has a race of changelings to feed so how do you feed your children?

  • ...
5
 55
 2,011

Restraint

The morning again greeted Chrysalis but the cloud cover was a much appreciated change. Getting up from her bed she brushed her hair and turned around making her way downstairs and yelped in shock to see Discord sitting at her kitchen table or what looked like him as a pony. His horns and wings were there but his legs were each a different color as his body was red. He looked up at her from a new paper.

"Good morning highness." he mused.

"What are you doing here." She said recovering and sitting down across from him. Boren was already up making breakfast.

"You know its just so boring being around all these goody good ponies its nice to see an...unfriendly one." He smiled. She couldn't help but facehoof at his comment.

"Well now that it seems almost all the baddies that were done in by the dastardly six have come to ponyville...its an odd occurrence some might even say...chaotic." He chuckled as she realized he was reading the newspaper upside down. She rolled her eyes.

"If that bastard has the gall to talk to me I will kill him..." She glaring at Discord. Who's response was to flip his yellow hoof and a cup full of chocolate milk appeared then he reached for it.

"I wonder how pony's do it..." He said flicking his hoof making it produce fingers then grabbed the cup drinking the glass around the chocolate milk as he set the cup shaped milk on the table. Chrysalis always was amazed at how odd he was.

"Tea?" Discord asked. She looked at him raising her eyebrow.

"Forgive me for not taking you up on that offer." She said as Boren placed a teacup and teapot for her to use at her convenience. Discord looked jokingly hurt but smiled.

"I have to say I have missed your company." He said.

"So Fluttershy?" She dropped on him making him almost fall off his chair.

"You said you would keep it to yourself." He said looking at the dragon who shrugged.

"I know everything that her highness knows. I'm her assistant." He said

"I don't think I wish to have this conversation." He said putting his paper down.

"Oh don't mind me I'm simply making small talk. But please tell me what creature has caught the eye of the great lord or chaos himself. " she asked pouring a cup of tea and lifted the cup up smiling at him. He glared as his mind gears turned.

"Its nothing. Fleeting emotions nothing more." He said flipping his hoof hand.

"You were always good at lies but never with me when it comes to matters of love, the only other that can maybe come close to me it that pink puke of a mare cadance." She said as the very name of her was poisonous. He chuckled.

"Still sore I see about the loss." He pointed out.

"You bet your..." She stopped herself and breathed.

"It was a hard thing to endure...I lost many of my subjects that day... Many of my people had died from starvation and..." Her voice was beginning to tremble with rage at the recurring memories of her having to deal with the amount of bodies that had to be buried. She shook her head to clear it of the dark thoughts.

"I have made a sacrifice for the good of my people, what I don't understand is why you have decided to cow to these ponies being who and what you represent." She asked confused. Discord looked slightly saddened.
"Before everything that happened with the wedding you and Sombra were my friends sure we were the defined versions of evil and all things bad but after Sombra sealed himself away and you became a total recluse only looking to save your "children" I got bored and well took over Equestria and well you know how that old song and dance goes." He shrugged.

"I guess having friends is fun and it seems to be an enlightening experience. Sure they don't fully trust me but I wouldn't trust me either. But Fluttershy gave me a chance and well it seems all I needed was a good friend." He chuckled.

"I see." She said pouring herself another cup.
The rest of the morning was enjoyable to say the least but after several tea cups and old reminiscing of the past. Discord said he had to leave saying something about needing a cake for a picnic which she guessed was for himself and Fluttershy. She was just about to leave when she saw pinkie pie bolt past her door as a pink blur.

"Pinkie?" She asked surprised as Boren locked the door behind them.

"Whoa she's fast..." He said walking up beside her. Pinkie then came back stopping in front of them smiling.

"Hi Highness! You and Boren are invited to the party of a new member of who's who just got into town!" She exclaimed in excitement.

"Oh..." She said looking at Boren who simply shrugged. Pinkie then turned facing the way she was originally going and was gone as a pink blur once again.

"I really don't like that one..." She said as her eyes became half lidded.

She and Boren completed a walk around town talking to her guards to see if they had settled in without problems. Which she was pleased to hear that nothing was going wrong. The time the party for the new arrival was at hoof and she made her way to the golden oaks library then knocked on the door. Twilight answered and smiled.

"Come in Pinkie is bringing him here." She and Boren walked in quickly it was dark, to dark as she stood there next to another pony who grumbled angrily.

"Why must I have this blindfold on I am a king!" He proclaimed. Chrysalis stepped away from him a knot of fear and anger as the lights in the room turned on and all the ponies there shouted.

"SURPRISE!" They said as pink confetti and streamers exploded in the room as Boren and Chrysalis looked around in surprise. A banner welcoming them to ponyville. She dropped her gaze to the black stallion in his regal attire and armor pulling off his blindfold in a fit of anger. Pinkie pie smiled and appeared between them both pulling them together.

"Were going to have the best time!" She exclaimed which was seconded by the cheers of the other ponies. As the party got under way many ponies approached her and welcomed her. She politely thanked each one of them as she tried to find her own spot where she could get away from everypony and Sombra. Sombra was being a loner in the corner glaring at the ponies as pinkie pie annoyed him to a point she almost found it worth being there.

Pinkie pulled Sombra up and brought him over to introduce to her. This was something she dreaded.

"Highness Heartstrings this is the "former" king Sombra." She introduced cipperly. Both of them simply stared at one another with deadpan expressions. Sombra was tall by pony standers but she met him at eye level.

"Hello." He said rolling his eyes. She wanted to buck him across the face. Her hoof moved on its own coming at his muzzle but she quickly gained control and stopped it making her look like she was putting her hoof out to shake. He looked down at it and sighed taking it with prompt from Pinkie. She squeezed it making him look at her. Her anger and hatred bubbled over making her eye flicker to her changeling original. His eyes widened.

"Its nice to meet you...Somby." she said her nickname for him behind clenched teeth. Sombra smug attitude dropped as his eyes opened wider and his pupils shrank in horror. Pinkie chuckled.

"Somby?! I like that what do you think Somby?" She said smiling. He didn't say anything the only thing that escaped his lips was a high uncharacteristic squeak. Chrysalis released his hoof.

"I hope your stay in ponyville is a comfortable one... I know I'm not going anywhere." She said smiling cruelly like she did when she would look down on a helpless animal. She wanted to crush him right now....oh did she ever but to save face she looked to pinkie.

"I think he likes that nick name make sure to call him that all the time." she let out a good natured laugh.

She slipped out of the party after an hour and began to walk home Boren was too busy with spike eating cake and what looked like he was humoring the purple dragon. She was about to open her door and a little hoof nudged her. She looked behind her and a pink filly with a small tiara looked up to her.

"I here you are a love pony or something like that." She said pointing out. Chrysalis didn't want to deal with anything but she turned to look down at the small filly.

"I may be..." She said cryptically.

"Can you give me some advice." She asked. Chrysalis raised her eyebrow.

"What is it." Chrysalis questioned.

"I-my friend Silver spoon has a crush on this stupid colt. She likes him but doesn't want to lose face. How would you go about showing him you like him but not letting other find out." She asked. Chrysalis closed her eyes and sighed.

"Your...friend should be kind to him but not to kind...play for his attention but I'll simply say this. If you stay the course of just being aloof and untouchable he won't come to you stallions are stupid...always act on that assumption...you have to literally tell them for them to get it." She said placing a hoof on her small shoulder. Then continued.

"About keeping face...you can't. If you like him enough to change slightly for him...I say slightly never give who you really are. Also ask yourself are you the kind of pony you he would want to know. Say if he's a well meaning stallion and you are a bully and a cheat would he want that." She said as the little filly looked down at the ground.

"Thanks I'll tell my friend..." She then looked up at her.

"By the way I'm Diamond Tiara." She finally introduce.

"Highness Heartstrings." She said as the filly nodded to her and scampered off. 'What an odd filly.' She thought and went back into her home closing the door and made her way to her bed to escape to her dreams.