• Published 12th May 2014
  • 2,010 Views, 55 Comments

Cupid Chrysalis - Nightmare Darkness



Chrysalis is between a rock and a hard place, on one hoof she has equestria that could keep her subjects alive and bountifule for years but cannot conquor it. On the other she has a race of changelings to feed so how do you feed your children?

  • ...
5
 55
 2,010

Idea?!

The fire roared in her study as Chrysalis looked at her reports of her dwindling reserves of love struck ponies, the source of sustenance for her people. Equestria was abundant in love but she was denied the right, she thought to own it all and feed her children. Slumping against her chair she let out an exasperated sigh.
Then three sharp knocks on her door pulled her attention away. She sat up and put on her regal mask.


“Enter.” she commanded. The door opened, one of her guards let in her dragon assistant Boren, a black scaled dragon with green spines who looked similar to that troublesome Twilight Sparkle’s pet dragon if only a head taller. He bowed his head to her as the guard closed the door.


“Boren where have you been.” She said glaring at him. He simply shrugged off her hateful glare.


“A dragons got to eat.” he said making her look him over again. her horn glowed as she lifted him up bringing her to him.


“Oh hey! What!” he protested. Chrysalis saw jem dust on the side of his face.


“OH for all things dark and unholy I told you to stay out of the treasury we need that to buy off ponies!” she cursed. He looked at her sheepishly.


“If it's any consolation they were divine.” he said smacking his lips. Of all her subjects Queen Chrysalis had under her, Boren was by far the most insubordinate. She calmly removed her read reading glasses and stood up from her chair.
Walking in front of her desk she levitated Boren in front of her.


“Boren...do you know why I keep you around?” she asked dismissively. Boren gulped, just because he could get away with things did not mean that there weren't always repercussions.


“Umm, cause I am a dragon and can send messages quickly with my flames?” he smiled


“Yes...and what else?” she asked nodding her head. He didn't like where this was going.


“My sunny like disposition.” he said with a small laugh. Her eye twitched.


“Guess again.” she said through clenched teeth.


“Cause i'm...very durable?” He said with a uncertain laugh.


“You got it!” she said then slammed him into the ground, his body lay flat for a moment as his tail twitched, he lifted his head up as his eyes rolled around of their own accord. Shaking his head he looked up at her.


“You are more wound up than usual, what is really bothering you?” she levitated him and slammed him into the ground three more times. He put his claw up and waved a surrender .


“Got it. Leave it alone.” she turned around toward the fireplace and sat down sighing.


“It's the food shortage, I am their Queen and they look to me to lead them but if I cannot feed them, what separates me from my predecessors? My mother, hers before hers, and so forth, our species has always struggled to survive. I don't want that for my people.” she conveyed. Boren brushed off the dust that he had accumulated.


“If I may be so bold.” he interjected. She looked at him dangerously but didn't stop him.


“Maybe you're thinking about how to feed your subjects the wrong way…” he said. She glared at him.


“Are you saying every Queen of my line has been wrong?” she said dangerously. Boren backed up holding out his claws out in ephesus.


“No no never! Just your reign has brought us closer to a better lives, but if only we could create love.” he said.


“You just can't create love out of thin air! You have to work at it, Mold it!” she glared at him standing.


“Love is something very powerful, that if done right can yield a power unrivaled even by the elements of harmony, I can lecture you the complexities of relationships and how strangely opposites attract but all it takes is an event and love is created…” she stopped at herself. Boren then looked at her oddly.


“You know a lot about relationships and love don't you. I bet you could give old pony cupid a run for his bits.” Boren said chuckling. Queen Chrysalis’s eyes widened as she looked at her assistant then grabbed him by the cheeks and lifted him up in euphoria.


“THATS IT!” she exclaimed. Boren looked at her confused.


“Whaths it?” he said between his smushed mouth.


“I am going to play cupid, and so will my children! All the ponies in Equestria will have lovers and from their created love my people will never starve again!” she exclaimed. Boren looked at her incredulously.


“How are you going to accomplish that?” he asked putting his claw up in question. She looked at him with a dull look all her happiness vanishing from her face. She dropped him letting him land face first into the floor.


“Why it's simple dear Boren...I shall become a pony and make myself Equestria's number one matchmaker, and for my services, all they need to do is check in with me every few weeks.” she said rubbing her hooves together maliciously. Boren raised his claw then stopped but not quick enough for her not to see.


“What! My plan is genius!” she said growling at him. He jumped back in shock at her eruption of anger.


“I do agree it is a good idea but...it's odd that they would have to come back after a few weeks.” he pointed out. She raised her hoof to laugh and put holes through his logic, but she then realized that it was not going to work like that.


“Maybe you can benefit from not just making them couples but living alongside them?” he suggested. She clenched her teeth and growled at him.
She had never lived anywhere besides her castle, unless she went out to look for large pockets of ponies in love to bring back to her changelings. Chrysalis looked at her subject after some thought.


“I have come up with an idea. We will infiltrate their country but not to invade, just to feed. I cannot take on the alicorn sisters...but I also cannot run away from such a bountiful source of love.” She took in a deep breath and steeled herself.


“We are moving into Equestria to live, just to survive just like our changeling ancestors did before us we shall do the same, but not to conquer to live alongside in secret.” she said finally. Boren's jaw dropped, he quickly recovered himself.


“Bu-but your highness how will you live?!” he asked. She felt bile rise up in her mouth as she said it.


“As a pony.”

Author's Note:

Well this is the beginning of a small thing, a fan of the story "A Day in the life of Chrysalis" asked if I could do something so I thought up of this. I will have some fun with it for sure but I will need cannons which people will want to see together.

This is a story about Queen Chrysalis trying to live in secret as well as play matchmaker to ponies and feed of the love they develop for one another. so heavy on romance but eh why not right :D so if you have any ideas please just pm me or comment below