• Published 12th May 2014
  • 2,012 Views, 55 Comments

Cupid Chrysalis - Nightmare Darkness



Chrysalis is between a rock and a hard place, on one hoof she has equestria that could keep her subjects alive and bountifule for years but cannot conquor it. On the other she has a race of changelings to feed so how do you feed your children?

  • ...
5
 55
 2,012

Family Matters

The next week became a surprising amount of work. Boren began to belch messages from her new hubs from where her changeling subjects were filtering into pony society. A few incidents but nothing that posed to reveal the changeling population. She has also an increase in walk in ponies. Boren was quick to start a booklet for appointments. Her home was becoming more lively then she had ever known really. Pinkie pie was in charge of "reforming" Sombra. Sombra always looked anyplace besides her when she walked out in public he would always make an attempt to avoid her which she appreciated seeing him stirred feeling of rage and pain she rather lock away.

Diamond Tiara knocked on her door. Boren let her in as she made herself comfortable on the sofa. Diamond had been coming more and more frequently and when she asked Apple Bloom and the other cmc about her, they didn't have nice things to say about her. So she found it odd that she was finding a kindred spirit in the young bully.

"Nice to see you Diamond is your friend still having trouble..." She asked.

"Yea he doesn't get it...but that's not what I would like to talk about..." She looked at Boren unsure. Chrysalis looked at Boren.

"Leave us...please." she almost forgot to say please. Boren raised his eyebrow and nodded going out of the door for a walk.

"What is it. You usually are not so apprehensive." She said observantly. Tiara lifted off her small frail crown and placed it beside her.

"I-my friends parents fight a lot...." She started. Chrysalis raised her eyebrow. As Diamond Tiara continued.

"She's use to it so it not bad,like, its always about work and stuff but I, she heard them yelling at each other and she came up in the argument." She said as her eyes started to water. Chrysalis levitated a box of handkerchiefs to her and she took one.

"I-I really feel sad for my friend." she said quickly as her voice was catching in her throat.

"I can tell...she is very fortunate to have such a caring friend." Chrysalis said as he was watching this small filly come apart.

"She said her mom and dad argued about how they should or shouldn't have kept me." She said as her tears began to overtake the tissues. Chrysalis stood up and walked over sitting beside her slowly as she placed a comforting hoof on her shoulder. Diamond Tiara unexpectedly buried her face into her chest. Chrysalis sighed.

"Diamond, like stallions parents are stupid...they often do not realize how much they influence their children." She said looking down at her as she removed her red rimmed glasses with her magic. Diamond Tiara looked up at her.

"Take what they say with a grain of salt... They love you and whatever they say it more to hurt the other...even if they don't realize the area of effect it has." She smiled down at her.

"Your friend will need your support...I've heard that you bully other fillies and colts. But if you tried to be their friend you will be more adept to handling problems that life will throw at you..." She said chuckling. Diamond sniffed and grabbed her tiara looking at it.

"Why is my cutie mark a tiara...doesn't that mean I'm a princess...I should get respect and all should want to be my friends..." She said sourly. Chrysalis smiled and put a hoof under her chin so she could look at her.

"A crown is a weighty responsibility. But respect is earned never given. My mother once said. 'Life as a royal is a long and lonesome road only the respect and admiration of your followers will keep you going the right path.' Or something like that." She chuckled getting a small smile from Diamond. Diamond nodded and placed the tiara back on her head.

"Thank you Highness...your the real first adult who listens." She hopped down and went to the door. Chrysalis opened it with her magic.

"Have a good day Diamond." She said as she waved and left as she closed the door.

"Wow you're good."

Chrysalis turned around and Discord was laying on the sofa eating candy corn.

"How much did you hear." She asked

"Oh not much only the last bit about your mom...who suffice to say died by your hoof if I'm not mistaken." He said chuckling. She rolled her eyes.

"The right of ascension." She said waving her hoof.

"Not that the old bat had good advice." She said walking to her desk and began to read through reports from trottingham. She blinked and squinted.

"Looking for these." He said holding up her reading glasses. She wrapped them in her magic and placed them on her nose.

"Red really does suit you." He said mockingly. She gave an exasperated sigh.

"What do you want..." She throwing her forehooves up.

"Oh I wanted to invite you to a big old picnic down on Apple acres all my friends will be there. We'll mine and company." He said waving his claw dismissively.

"If it gets you out of my mane I'll go when is it." She asked. He looked giddy for a moment.

"Why now of course." He said snapping his fingers and they poofed to where the entire group was sitting. Twilight was sitting beside Fluttershy who was by Button Mash and Sweety belle followed by Rarity then Rainbow Dash, Pinkie then Sombra then Apple Jack, Apple Bloom and finally Scootaloo. They all looked at her. There was a part of her that wanted to strangle Discord to the point where his eyes would pop out like a stress releasing toy.

"Oh Hi Highness. When Discord said he wanted to invite a new friend we didn't expect you of all ponies." Twilight said cipperly. Sombra looked immediately uncomfortable. She ignored him and found a seat close to Sweety Belle and Rarity. Button was acting awkward but was making small talk with sweety belle who was doing most of the talking. Of what they were talking about she didn't know nore really cared. She was handed an apple pastry made by Apple Jack but she politely declined on saying she had a filling lunch which wasn't far from the truth. There were many couples out for a walk that day. Discord was beside Fluttershy as he talked nonchalantly but when she laughed at something he would say he would lighten up and seem to smiled stupidly. He looked at Chrysalis who gave him a smug smile which made him clear his throat as he turned away from her. As the entire group was busy with all of them she closed her eyes and enjoyed a nice green tea then someone sat beside her she opened her eye to see Sombra. She clicked her tongue in irritation.

"What are you doing here." He said under his breath. She opened her eyes and growled hostilely he was unfazed.

"I could ask you the same question." She said levitating her cup to hide her sneer.

"I don't have my magic anymore and well...I was captured. It was this or the dungeons." He said. She didn't know what was funnier his lack of his magic or his capture.

"You got what you deserve." She said sipping her tea. He glared at her with a side long glance.

"I hear you got defeated by these mares." He said trying to get his jab in. She looked at him.

"They were a factor but I almost had all of Equestria till Cadance and Shining Armor pulled off a new spell that has never been seen before to specifically keep out invaders...so I failed because of a miscalculation...you I hear failed because of your brazen act of 'superior' magical talents." She jeered back at him. Sombra gritted his teeth but didn't retort.

"Still slow even after all these years..." She finished chuckling.

"I am sorry." He said, causing her to look directly at him.

"I didn't know that Celestia and Luna were going to attack..." He explained.

"So I missed the wedding because I was fighting for my empire." He said looking at her. She looked away from him and rolled her eyes.

"I am still angry. But I've moved on and so should you...I have my subjects to care for. You now have nothing so just leave me alone." She said taking a sip of her cup. He sighed.

"Also a word of caution Sombra." She placed her muzzle against his ear like she use to and whispered into it.

"Reveal who I am and I will end you..." She pulled away. Somba roboticly stood up walked over then planted himself next to Pinkie who had seen their conversation but not heard the content of it. She looked perplexed. Chrysalis thought of something all to interesting in that moment, and waved for Pinkie to come to her. Pinkie stood up and trotted over to her.

"It seems you and Somby have gotten along rather well." She said, her usual chipper mood slightly soured.

"Oh I was simply giving him advice..." She said smoothly. Pinkie cocked her head.
"On what?" She asked

"Oh I'm not at liberty to say but I can think of a curtain pretty pink pony he might like..." She chuckled Pinkie blinked.

"Oooo do I know her? Or is it a him? Maybe its." She began to go on a rant but she cut her short.

"You." She smiled. Pinkie looked back at him as Scootaloo began to bother him.

"N-nah you pulling my tail." She laughed lightly. Chrysalis raised her eyebrow. Pinkie became a shade of deep pink as she blushed.

"If you ever need to ask a question or have some trouble with him just come to me I think I may know how to deal with him." She nodded suddenly at a loss of words but she made her way back to Sombra but she was a great deal more self conscious of her own feelings for the regal stallion.

Button and sweety began to laugh as they both now had two hoof held goy-boys and were playing together. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo came to them and sat watching them play a game and Button produced two more of the things for all of them to play. Which she thought amazing that he would have that many of the same thing. But she dismissed it.

After the picnic they packed up as the clouds began to threaten rain. Rainbow Dash had also mentioned something about rain planned for the later afternoon. She waved to them as she began to walk home.

Chrysalis had been living there for almost two months now and now she was getting slightly attached to the quaint town. The rain began to fall as she began to run but stopped as she heard crying?

She looked around and saw a sparkle in the gloom of the rain. She approached it and it was a muddied small tiara. She looked around and in the woods she was hiding behind a tree trying to stay out of the rain. She approached her slowly as she was trying to stifle her cries.

"Diamond?" She asked. Diamond Tiara looked up at her and revealed a dark circle under her eye and discoloration on her left shoulder.

"What happened." She asked evenly.

"I..I tripped over a stump." She lied. Chrysalis stepped over her and created a barrier between Diamond and the rain. Pulling her into her chest.

"Daddy had something to drink...*sniff sniff* then mom and dad began to fight.*sniff* But it was different.*sniff* I tried to stop them. But dad was really angry." She grabbed Chrysalis's leg as she shook.

"Come let's get out of the rain. I'll take you back to my place." She said as comfortingly as she could all the while holding back the dam of rage that would consume her if she let it. Chrysalis wrapped her in magic and placed her on her back and walked back to her home where Boren was cleaning up some of the paperwork.

"Where were you?" He asked jokingly but was silenced as her look was grave and angry.

"I didn't do it." He said quickly.

"Not you, you stupid dragon." She said angrily. She walked past him. Boren seeing the filly his eyes widened.

"What happened to her." He asked.

"Never you mind, make something warm for her and tea." She walked upstairs as he hopped to his duty. Entering her room she lifted the filly up and placed her on her soft bed. Diamond Tiara eyes were drooping as Chrysalis placed a towel around her trying her gently. She could see her own children in Tiara, beaten, abused, misunderstood. She would have a talk with her parents as Highness Heartstrings but underneath they would be dealing with one very irate queen.