• Published 27th Apr 2014
  • 5,591 Views, 188 Comments

Enraged - MineLittleDashie



After being trapped in stone for 7000 years, it's time for Rage, one of the strongest foes Equestria has ever faced, to be released. Except this time, he wants to change for the better.

  • ...
20
 188
 5,591

[edited] Chapter 10

POV: Present Day: Canterlot Express

I let out a long sigh as I sat back against my seat, angling my head towards the roof of the train car. Telling the story from all those years ago had been more taxing on my brain than I had thought.

Dropping my head, I realized that all six ponies were still staring at me, their expressions ranging from slight fear (poor flutters) to shock. Even Pinkie's mane had gone flat.

I glanced towards Twilight, expecting questions to come hurtling my way, but from her cocked head and twitching ears, I think I broke her. Surprisingly, it was Rarity who broke the silence.

"Um, but if you were able to talk during the whole thing, why didn't you just explain the situation to the princesses?"

I nodded slowly. Spending several millennia in stone had given me a lot of time to think, and that same question had presented itself before me several times. Thankfully, I thought I had the answer.

"It's complicated, but basically Ares threatened to harm to my friends unless I agreed to come here and distract the princesses until Discord was ready with his plan, so telling them would've been going against that plan and would've brought my friends harm." I rubbed my left arm bashfully. "Besides, I don't think that they would've settled down and listened after my fight with the guards, or I might have just been stupid about the whole thing."

I felt something land gently on my shoulder. I turned my head and was met with the kind and understanding gaze of the pink maned pegasus.

"Don't feel too bad Rage, we all make mistakes." She said, giving me a small smile.

"Not ones that can almost destroy an entire city without effort." I replied, dropping my head.

Well that kinda killed the mood. The rest of the day was passed in silence, despite some half-hearted attempts by Pinkie to lighten the atmosphere.

Night eventually fell and we lowered the backs of the seats to make beds for ourselves. Since I was bigger than a normal pony, twilight and Applejack gave up their seats so that I had a bed comprised of an entire row of three seats.

I was just getting comfortable under one of the blankets that the conductor had provided us when I heard a shuffle of hoof on carpet, followed by a slight vibration as the unknown pony landed on my bed. I felt a hoof poke me, so I turned over and was surprised to see Fluttershy standing there.

"Mm, What's wrong Fluttershy?" I grunted rather sleepily.

She hid behind her mane and pawed one of the seat cushions before answering. "I-I just wanted to know if I could sleep with you? I-I mean, if that's okay with you."

"Why?" The confusion was clearly audible in my sleepy voice.

"Um, well... You seemed so sad when you told us your story, that I thought you might need somepony to help comfort you."

I smiled. "Fluttershy, you and your friends have been kinder to me than anypony here has ever been before. I appreciate your concern, and accept your offer. I think having a friend close by is exactly what I need right now."

The yellow pegasus mare madea strange squeaking sound, before burrowing under the blanket and snuggling up next to me. I smiled at her for a moment more before turning over and closing my eyes.

"Maybe this won't be so bad after all." I muttered quietly to myself before I lost myself in the dream world.
-----------------------------------------------------

Let it be recorded that I had never had a worse night in the history of my existence. Well, the sleeping part was fine, the dreams, not so much.

And I know Luna had something, no, Everything to do with it.

I mean, why else would she be in every one of my dreams!!!!

Being tortured by Luna! Playing lowly servant to Luna! Running from a giant Luna who continuously screamed "second chances", and who was determined to stomp me into oblivion! She was clearly behind it all!

Thank god Twilight woke me up when she did, otherwise getting smacked by a riding crop made of cacti would've been added to that list.

So yeah, by the time I woke up, we were only an hour from our destination, and Twilight wanted us to triple check that we had everything.

I quick search revealed that I still had my clothing, armor, and sanity, so I was good. Twilight was not amused.

As it turns out, the train actually arrived at the station a few minutes early, which was good because I was getting pretty bored with nothing really to do but talk with the others.

We retrieved our luggage and stepped off the train. Ponies standing at or by the station stared at the sight of me, but I ignored them. It was decided that since my arrival was rather unexpected, the first course of action, after dropping off our luggage, would be to introduce me to the mayor and explain the situation. It was elected that I should go with Twilight and that we would all meet up in front of town hall in half an hour.

After saying goodbye to the other five element bearers, I began following Twilight through town towards her house, which I was interested to see. Luckily, nopony freaked out, but we did get some strange looks from several ponies. I had hoped that looks would be the worst of it, but at one point, shit happened.

We (Twilight and I) were crossing through the market square, when Twilight stopped and her ear twitched. She frowned, before turning her head and looking behind us. Her pupils shrunk, and she let out a resounding gasp before dropping to the ground, hooves over her head.

I spun around to get a glimpse of the potential threat, only to have my sight blocked as something hit me at high speed and latched onto my face. I let out a muffled scream of surprise followed by the ever telling noise...

*POOF*
------------------------------------------

3rd POV

Twilight heard Rage's quiet scream, followed by a familiar sound. She raised her head and turned around to find a very confused Mint colored unicorn sitting on the ground.

"W-where'd it go?" The unicorn gasped, her head twisting almost in a full circle.

It was then that Twilight noticed the tiny flailing hooves in the unicorn's grasp.

"Let go! He can't breathe!" She screamed in horror.

The mint colored unicorn looked down in surprise, before her expression changed to one of horror, and she jumped away from the one she had unintentionally held prisoner in her grip.

"Oh my gosh! Are you ok? I'm soooooo sorry!" The unicorn stammered, staring at the rose-red colt that she had been suffocating only moments earlier.

The colt took a huge breath, greedily sucking in any available air, then exhaled slowly before answering.

"Y-yeah, I'm f-fine. You just s-startled him."

The mint green unicorn wiped her forehead. "Oh, good. Hey, you haven't happened to see a-"

"LYRA HEARTSTRINGS! Just what do you think you're doing?!" Shouted Twilight, marching up to the pair, both of whom had their ears laid back.

"I-I.....thought I saw a human." Lyra whimpered meekly, refusing to meet the eyes of the angry librarian.

Twilight continued to glare at the human obsessed unicorn for a few moments, before rolling her eyes and turning away.

"Come on Rupert." She snorted.

With one last glance at Lyra, who was now being comforted by Bon-Bon, the little colt quickly chased after his guide.

'My will to control this power.... is pathetic.'
---------------------------------------------------

Back to 1st POV

It was several minutes until Rage reappeared, breathing heavily.

"What was that?" I gasped. My heart felt like it was beating a million miles a minute, while tumbling in a clothes dryer. Twilight didn't even turn around to face me.

"Just our crazy neighborhood anthropologist. I apologize though, she can get a little out of hoof."

I frowned as a thought struck me. "An anthropologist? How would she know about humans?"

Twilight shrugged. "I don't know, but we have more pressing matters on our hooves. Such as getting you settled into Ponyville."

"Right."

We walked in silence for a few more minutes before a new conversation broke out. However, this time it was Twilight who started it.

"Hey Rage, can I ask you something?"

I grinned widely and opened my mouth.

"And yes, I know that I just asked one, but seriously though."

My grin disappeared. "Sure."

The purple unicorn turned around to face me, her face twisted in confusion, but I could see her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"What was it like, being petrified. The others that escaped had all seemed to have lost a good chunk of their sanity, if they had any at all to begin with. But you came out just fine. Why?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Who said I was still sane?" I asked, my face contorting into a joker-like grin. "Maybe I'm just better at holding it in than most."

Once again, Twilight looked unamused.

"Jeez Twi, at least crack a smile will ya." I said, returning my expression to a neutral frown. "But seriously, it helped that I was asleep for 3000 years of it. It's like dreamless sleeping, I went to sleep then woke up. No time for me to go crazy then."

"What about the other 4000 years?" Twilight had started walking again.

I thought about that for a second. "Well, how many of the escapees had multiple 'characters' in their head? I think talking to Rupert helped."

"Hmm. Seems plausible." Twilight admitted. "But what about you being up-to-date on changes in the world? I know the train didn't exist 7000 years ago, but you didn't even bat an eye at it."

"Discord filled me in. He's elected himself as "chairman of current events", and goes out of his way to inform the others of important events throughout history."

Twilight shook her head. "Questions for another time. Ah, here we are!"

I looked up and gaped at the huge tree that stood before us.

"This is your house?!" I gasped. The others had told me that Twilight lived in a tree, but I didn't actually think they meant it!

"Yep!" Twilight looked at me proudly and gestured to the door. "Welcome to the Golden Oaks Library."

I bent over to see inside and gasped in delight. Back on Earth I had been somewhat of a bookworm, so I was ecstatic at the sight of all the books inside the tree.

Ducking under the pony sized doorway, I entered the library with a Twilight right behind me. Taken over by curiosity, I walked over and scanned the shelves. Books like Hover, Float, and Soar: A Pegasus Flight Manuel and Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone lined the shelves, while a few sat on a round wooden table in the center of the room.

"Spike!" Twilight called, and almost immediately there was the sound of footsteps. I turned, just in time to see a purple and green lizard run down some stairs, I assumed these led to Twilight's quarters, and embrace Twilight in a hug.

"Twilight you're back!" He cried excitedly. "What was it the princesses needed you for?"

"Nothing major, just wanted us to help a friend out." Twilight replied, gesturing at me with a hoof.

"Who..." Spike trailed off when he saw me, his eyes growing larger as he took in my huge armored form.

Figuring that I should make the first move, I stepped foreword and crouched, reaching out a hand towards him.

"Name's Rage. How are you?"

"I'm good." Spike said uncertainly as he gingerly reached out and grasped my hand.

Twilight smiled at us as Spike and I shook hands.

"Now I'm going to go upstairs and unpack, so you two get to know each other a bit more. Okay?"

"Will do Twilight!" We responded as the unicorn disappeared up the stairs.

"Ya know," I said, scrutinizing Spike carefully, "if I didn't know better, I'd say you're a dragon."

"You're right, I am! And assistant to Twilight." Spike proudly proclaimed.

I returned to my full hight and shook my head. "A dragon working for a unicorn.... Now I've seen everything."

At that, we both burst out laughing.

Spike and I conversed for a time, asking and answering questions. I told him about my past and my plans of reformation, which he agreed to help with.

Twilight eventually came back down, clearly happy that Me and Spike had hit it off so well.

"Alright Rage," she said, interrupting mine and Spike's discussion over dragons in Equestria vs dragons in myths on Earth. "You ready to go?"

Just as I was about to respond, there was a rapid banging at the door. Using her magic, Twilight opened the door and let in a worried looking Rainbow Dash.

"Dash, what's the matter?" She asked.

"There's a large crowd of ponies heading this way, Twi. And they've got the mayor at the front. I don't think you're gonna have enough time to think of a good explanation that will breeze his history past the rest of the town."

I stood from the chair I had placed myself in and joined the two ponies at the door, just in time to see a large herd of Ponyville residents moving towards us.

"We'll think of something." I winked at Twilight. "I'm sure we will. After all, we've all faced worse."

Author's Note:

Another chapter rewritten and republished. So close to being able to write NEW chapters!

Hope you guys are still interested in this story and I'll keep throwing up chapters for you guys.

Comments ( 22 )

That was fun. Looking forward to more.
Keep up the good work. Deus tecum.

"Twilight, we got a hydra on a rampage! Hurry!" RD yelled, before shooting away.

...Well....that's all I needed to hear. Where's my lawn chair, some popcorn, and a large soda?
dc668.4shared.com/img/BL_kYtsg/s7/13eee4459e8/Dis_gon_b_gud.gif

this story starts during season two. So between discord getting free and the wedding

So... you're saying in this story season two is over four years long? Wow four years and the CMC, elementary students, haven't grown at all!

4956768 I just said second season. It may be half way through. I don't care. Plus, it's alternate universe

Later on he should teach anger management, now that would be interesting!

5029844 I would never do such an obvious irony!
(Note: change teacher idea)

4763291 What does Deus tecum mean?

Spike and I conversed for a time, asking and answering questions. I told him about my past and my plans of reformation, which he agreed to help with.

I'm going to assume that he didn't tell him much as Spike has been known to be quite easily scared, I mean come on he's a baby dragon! I doubt Spike would be reasured to know that someone who can level cities with little effort is living with him, or even the same town as him.

This story has potential but needs some serious revision and the pacing is kinda fast, I mean you've only just gotten to PonyVille and already you're throwing him into some more action, kinda' oveerkill seeing as the last chapter was entirely devoted to describing the fight between Rage and the Sisters. I know you sai you're a new writer and all and I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh but this is all to help you make the best story you can, it doesn't have to be a masterpiece just your best --Although it would be cool if you managed a masterpiece first-try, it's almost definetly impossible-- with that said I'll be watching and correcting any major plotholes or such and I'd like to reiterate this story is full of potential and you're doing a great job for a starting author.

5119162: I admit I asked those same questions myself, but I'm one of those people who gets the direction of the story down before going back and adding details, which I'm actually working on right now ironically.

Although, one thing I like to hear from a major critic is what they liked most about the story. Any I put on that?

5119567 The premise, I myself was labeled as someone who had "anger issues" and people would always take the piss because they knew they'd get a reaction, in addittion I like the basic story you've put out so far, "a guy with anger issues is made incredibly powerfull when they get mad", I don't think anybody's done that before although I wonder that since he was still cohearent while he was like 50 *cringe* feet tall I wonder how big he'd be if he was actually in an all-consuming rage:pinkiecrazy:. I like your story, it's of a good quality for a starting author.

This is a very good story so far, and I can't wait to read more of it. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Rage, huh?

...I got nothing better to do.

Not bad, not bad. I'll give this a favorite. I look forward to being on this adventure with you, MineLittleDashie.

5396084 Actually, that is kinda Rage's mindset when he gets angry

>>or maybe they dont want to see a corollation going on.:rainbowderp:

Convenient Everfree critter on a rampage for the super-powerful protagonist to beat down? Come on, man, all the previous chapters show you can do better than that tired common-place.

Tracked, anyway.

5586794 that is the funniest mlp profile picture I have ever seen:rainbowlaugh:

Dropping my head, I realized that all six ponies were still staring at me, their expressions ranging from slight fear (poor flutters) to shock. Even Pinkie's mane had gone flat.

Noone died in his story. There was only property damage and a few bruises. He never killed anyone but the Elements of Harmony themself can seemingly kill him and even throw a party afterwards? Dubious morals if you ask me. :duck:

The story is a nice read, but there are some plot holes in it.

"LYRA HEARTSTRINGS! Just what do you think you're doing?!" Shouted Twilight, marching up to the pair, both of whom had their ears laid back.

Wait. Twilight is first afraid and then mad towards her? And then Bon Bon is conforting her? I actually would have expected Bon Bon to scold her for her rudeness, as for the Twilight thing, I didn't quite understand her reaction.

8051487 Have you ever heard the expression "turning the other cheek"? Celestias goal is to help Rage figure out how to resolve conflicts without always resorting to violence. But don't worry, i don't plan on turning Rage into a doormat.

As for the self-defense, assuming that a pony would attempt to assault Rage, there are ways for Rage to defend himself that don't require him to throw punches in turn.

Finally, if you're worried about him hurting the ponies emotionally and getting turned back to stone, I think you're reading a little too deep. I do admit that I wrote "don't hurt the ponies in any way," in Celestias contract, but it seemed to me the best way to write it with a more general meaning. Saying to "just not Physically harm them", seemed like Celestia didn't really care what harm her subjects could come to mentally or emotionally, and simply saying, "and don't harm them," seemed incomplete to me.

And hurting the ponies on accident? Once again, reading a little too much into it. Celestias a fair ruler, im pretty sure if Rage accidentally knocked over a ladder or chopped down a tree and ended up putting somepony in the hospital, Celestia would forgive him considering he wasn't angry and intentionally trying to hurt them.

8051918
Do you plan on turning him into a puncturing doormat then.

Login or register to comment