• Published 27th Apr 2014
  • 5,591 Views, 188 Comments

Enraged - MineLittleDashie



After being trapped in stone for 7000 years, it's time for Rage, one of the strongest foes Equestria has ever faced, to be released. Except this time, he wants to change for the better.

  • ...
20
 188
 5,591

[edited] Chapter 3

POV: 7000 years ago: Earth

"Let me get this straight. You want to send me to another world, where I need to distract two incredibly powerful princesses until a friend of yours comes up with a successful plan to take over said world. Once this is accomplished, I will be brought home to this very moment in time. Am I on the right track?" I asked for the sake of clarification.

"That's it." Ares replied. "Sound simple enough?"

"Not really."

Ares shrugged. "You'll figure it out for yourself soon enough"

Wow, helpful much?

I looked down at the scroll in my hand. "So it's either this, or Jimmy dies?"

The god of war nodded.

"No way out?"

"Nope."

I breathed in, then released my breath slowly. "Fine."

Ares clapped his hands, his happy face re-emerging. "Good! Glad we have a deal. By the way, you won't be totally helpless. I'll give you some kind of ability to help keep you from dying too quickly."

"Gee, thanks." I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. The god of war merely grinned wider as he opened the passengers side door (he must have magically unlocked them when I wasn't paying attention) and climbed out. He closed the door and I heard the sound of a motorcycle rev before silence re-emerged. Not wanting to deal with anything else crazy that evening, I started my truck and shifted into drive. The next thing I knew, the seat had disappeared out from under me, and I was falling through an endless black tunnel, screaming my head off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV: Present day: Canterlot

I didn't feel any different. The last thing I remembered was being jumped by the elements of harmony, and that giant rainbow ready to wrap me in stone once again. I tried to move my body, but got no response. I began to sweat. 'Maybe they had killed me this time!... Maybe this was some new form of punishment..... What if....' I continued with this line of thought for some time before I registered the sound. A crying noise..... Combine that with the lack of control over my body.....

'Oh s***, not again!'
----------------------------

Twilight and the others surveyed the smoking crater where Rage had previously stood. As the smoke started to clear, it was obvious that there was no body. Most of them seemed to take this as a bad sign, but Celestia had a ready explanation.

"It is possible that he was still weak after being encased in stone for this long, and since he had only gotten out recently, he didn't have enough strength and was disintegrated." She said when Twilight had thrown a questioning look her way.

"I didn't think that was possible," Twilight replied.

Princess Celestia shook her head. "No pony understands everything about how the elements work, Twilight."

A pink blob appeared in Celestia's line of sight. "Now can we have a party?" Pinkie pie pleaded impatiently.

Celestia started, then laughed. "Of course! Even though he didn't put up much of a fight, you six did save Equestria once again."

Everypony turned to head back inside the palace, when they were stopped by Luna.

"Sister, dost thou hear what we hear?" Luna asked, cocking her head to one side.

Celestia paused. Then she and the bearers all listened closely. There was a quiet, sobbing noise coming from inside the crater!

The two royal sisters shared a look of fear before the sun princess called out to the elements, "Beware, for this battle is not yet over!" And with a mighty flap of her wings, the remaining smoke cleared from the crater, revealing the last thing anypony would have expected to be there.....

A colt.

It was a rose-red earth pony with a black mane and tail. In terms of age it appeared to be no older than 7 years. And it was sobbing intently. Fluttershy attempted to fly down to the colt, but was stopped by one of Luna's wings. "Stay where thou art Fluttershy," the moon princess ordered. "Tis one of his tricks!" As Twilight and her friends gaped disbelievingly at Luna, Celestia called out to the colt.

"Rupert! Give control to Rage now! We want to help you!"

The colt (Rupert was his name, Twilight assumed) shook his head. "N-n-n-nooooo!! Leave him alone! He just got free and doesn't want to be stone again!" He began to sob again,"Please don't hurt him." From the look on Celestia's face, this was clearly not what she had expected the colt to say.

"Uuuuuummmmm, princess? Can you possibly explain to us what this is about?" Rarity asked, her bulging eyes still stuck on the sobbing little pony in the crater.

"Well," Celestia thought for a moment, "it's more or less an ability of his. When he feels angry, Rage gets stronger, but when he gets scared....this happens, and Rupert, the colt mind takes over. By the way, this also explains why he isn't stone right now."

Twilight looked at her mentor, "Oh, I get it! Because he changed mentally, the elements sensed an innocent colt instead of a threat to harmony! But princess, how did you know about this?"

"We've met," Celestia said. "But now we will have to wait. Rage won't be able to take control of the body again until his poor alter ego here settles down." She then addressed the colt, "Rupert, would you like to come inside and have some pudding?" The young colt sat up a little bit at the name of the delicious chocolatey treat.

"Pudding?" he asked.

"Yes, sweet pudding for the sweet colt," Celestia cooed.

The colt stood up on four still shaking legs, took one step towards the solar diarc, noticed the rest of the those present, then leapt back about three feet and curled into a ball, whimpering.

"It's all right," Celestia cooed again. "These mares won't hurt you. In fact, they're going to eat pudding with you!"

After a few more false starts and a ton more soothing words from Celestia, the mane six and the two princesses were finally able to convince Rupert to join them in the palace for chocolate pudding.

That's right folks, the alter ego of one of Equestria's most dangerous enemies can be bribed with pudding.....

'I hate myself.'

Author's Note:

Quick shout out to Winged Sheath for being my first commenter ever!

Comment if you liked the alter ego surprise