• Published 27th Apr 2014
  • 5,591 Views, 188 Comments

Enraged - MineLittleDashie



After being trapped in stone for 7000 years, it's time for Rage, one of the strongest foes Equestria has ever faced, to be released. Except this time, he wants to change for the better.

  • ...
20
 188
 5,591

[edited] Chapter 9

Continued from last chapter.

I stood in the middle of Manehatten, watching as the two beings approached. If these were the princesses I had been warned about, I wouldn't be able to just knock them around carelessly as I had the guards. Instead, like any good strategist would do, I began to analyze and compare ourselves.

I stood about 48 feet tall (imagine standing beside a brachiosaurus), my back spikes were now 8-9 feet long, I had a spiky tail that measured about 28 feet long, and claws on both my hands and feet that were 4-5 feet long. My body was covered in a mixture of green scales and brown hair/fur.

Both princesses looked like the average pony, except possibly larger and they had both horns and wings. The similarities ended there. The first princess was white with a tri-colored mane, and wore golden armor that shone like the sun. The other one, who was smaller than the first, was a dark blue color, as was her mane, and wore black armor.

I was just taking in the last few details when I realized that the larger of the two had been addressing me. I flicked my eyes back to her and gathered that she was expecting some sort of answer.

"Pardon?" I asked, catching them by surprise. Clearly they hadn't expected me to actually say anything intelligible. (It was also pleasing to find that my voice had that giant echo-y effect).

After a moment, the white one repeated her question.

"Creature, who are you and why are you here?"

I couldn't help but chuckle. (which, because of the echo, sounded a lot more menacing than I'd like). Here I was, destroying the city, and instead of instantly attempting to stop me, she wanted to do exchange pleasantries first!

"Why, the name's Chris." Clearly they were expecting something darker, or more bestial. "And as for why I'm here...well, let's just say I'm here to take your mind off a certain someone." This was followed by another low chuckle.

"Discord." The smaller princess growled in anger.

I shrugged. "Perhaps, but how about you two introduce yourselves. After all, I do like to know who my opponents are before I beat them." I hoped that bluffing my amount of experience would make me seem more dangerous. If it did, the two alicorns didn't show it.

The white one spread her wings, assaulting me with sunlight. "I am Celestia, and this is my sister Luna. We are the rulers of Equestria and the ones who guide the celestial bodies across the heavens!"

'Hm. So they control the sun and moon? Interesting.'

"Well met, princesses! Although I wish that we had met under better circumstances, there is nothing I can do about that now," I said truthfully.

The one called Celestia was about to respond, when I was hit with a sudden blast from behind!

I stumbled forward a few steps, before regaining my balance. I turned around and found myself staring Luna in the face, which by the way, was priceless. I had never seen a mouth drop that far.

'Wait a second...'

I glanced back around towards Celestia, and sure enough, the Luna who had been there not half a second ago, was behind me. 'Hmm. Note to self: don't underestimate these two.'

Luna seemed to be trying to figure out why I was still standing. "That was the strongest paralyzation spell known to us! Yet it didn't even hurt him!"

Launching a sneak attack was not what I expected of a princess. I had expected that they'd at least give me a proper fight. I began to get a bit upset. What, was I not worthy of one, or were they really just cowards?

"I dunno, it might have hurt. Tell me, did it feel like this?!" I shouted. Luna looked up in surprise, before she was sent flying from my massive backhand. I watched her disappear into the sky with a twinkle.

"Luna!" cried Celestia, before I bitch slapped her into the side of the castle, causing one of the towers to break off and fall to the ground, shattering on impact.

"Huh, too easy." I commented. Then I heard a loud *BANG* and was confronted with the sight of a blue meteorite from the heavens. She hit me in the chest and succeeded in impaling me about 20 meters into the ground. It would take me a moment to gather myself after a hit like that, so I just lay there quietly, waiting to get my revenge.
-------------------------------------------------

Luna stood at the edge and looked down into the crater where the creature lay. He had seemed so tough in the beginning, but she guessed he might have gotten worn out by fighting the guards earlier. Nevertheless, he was finished. She heard a wheezing noise, and turned to see a heavily breathing Celestia approach.

"Tia, thou hast been wounded!" She cried in shock when she saw the sizable bruise on her sister's side.

"Yes, crashing through a building will do that to you, but it's nothing to worry about." Celestia smiled at Luna. She then looked towards the crater. "Is he finished?" The sun princess asked curiously.

"Indeed, the creature..."

"Chris."

"Hm?"

"Luna, he gave us a name, so use it."

"Hmph. Fine, Chris hath been defeated through..."

"Someone call me?"

Luna was once again interrupted, but not by Celestia. Not that she cared anymore. She was too busy staring at the huge figure that was just pulling itself out of the large hole in the ground.
--------------------------------------------

Having finally reoriented myself, I figured that it was time for a change of scenery. As I shifted, I heard voices from above. One word that caught my attention was my name, so I did the natural thing. "Someone call me?"

I reached up and gripped the lip of the crater, then pulled myself out. Once I was standing, and had taken a moment to brush off the dirt, I returned my gaze to the two alicorns, who had their mouths open in surprise.

I popped my neck, which sounded like thunder. "Damn, that hurt."

The elder of the two spread her wings and charged her horn, looking furious, while the younger seemed ready to cry from disappointment.

I cracked my knuckles intimidatingly, as if daring them to try. Celestia took me up on that offer, shooting up into the air towards me. Luna followed a few seconds later.

I swung at the sun goddess, but she dived and my punch missed. Well, missed her anyway. Luna, following behind her sister, was nailed instead, and flew into the ground, creating a mile long ditch in the cobblestone street.

Celestia dodged my next punch as well, but she forgot about my tail, which volleyball spiked her into one of the few apartment buildings still standing. Well, it was one of the few standing.

"Someone get a camera, 'cause I'm making the next Godzilla movie!" I laughed, before shooting a nuclear beam into the castle.

Okay, so that last part didn't actually happen, but you know it would've been cool.

The next several minutes were spent swatting at the two members of royalty, who flew around and shot beams of magic at me. But nothing they threw at me did any damage. They were getting tired, and I had barely broken a sweat.

Eventually, I began getting bored playing whack a princess, but fortunately for me, or was it for them, the game would soon take an exciting turn.

I had just gotten a bullseye on Celestia with a shoryuken uppercut, when I noticed the absence of the moon princess. I had a quick look around to make sure she wasn't setting up another sneak attack. But not seeing her, I shrugged, before turning back to my new plaything. Surprisingly, she wasn't there either.

'What? Had they submitted to cowardice and left?! You can't leave in the middle of a fight! Shame on them!" I don't know how I had been able to stay this size for so long, but the thought of being abandoned in the middle of a fight rekindled my anger.

Just then, I registered a bright light out of the corner of my eye. I turned, and threw my hands up over my face to keep from being blinded. I allowed myself to adjust to the change in lighting, before raising a hand into almost a shield over my eyes, to block any extra light. That was the last thing I remembered for a while.
----------------------------------------

Celestia and Luna landed back on the ground, the elements of Harmony dropping to the ground beside them. The two could only stare at the eventual addition to their statue collection. They were surprised at how different he looked now. He had shrunk down to about Celestia's size, the scales, tail, and claws had disappeared, and the only sign of fur, was on top of his stone head. He also wore something that could be called armor, though the sisters had never seen anything like it before.

They then looked around at their city. Thankfully, only half had been destroyed, but it was still more destruction than they had ever hoped to see.

(I know it's not Canterlot, so don't give me grief about it).
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/289/5/c/destroyed_city_by_smolik666-d4d0mqq.jpg

"I do not think the name Chris fits him." Luna stated simply, "Instead, let him be called Ruin, in memory of what he brought us."

"No." Celestia replied. "I spoke with the guards, and I believe that this was all caused by anger. Terrible, Uncontrollable anger."

The two divine beings shared a look, before staring back at what could arguably be their greatest enemy.

It was at that moment, that I was given a new name. Now, at first I was upset when I found out that my name had been changed without permission, but when I thought about it, it did sound better.

'Rage...'

Author's Note:

Yes, another chapter done!

I am simply surprised that so many people, (or ponies, if there are any reading this), like this story. I appreciate all those who pointed out mistakes and/or gave positive comments.