• Published 20th Apr 2014
  • 1,635 Views, 84 Comments

Ask Lovey Applebloom - Discorded SheepcityUSA



Applebloom falls hopelessly in love with her foalsitter and is constantly trying to woo him. (An Ask Format Story. Takes place before Ask Discorded Scootaloo)

  • ...
7
 84
 1,635

A Little Help From Pinkie

Scootaloo was in the bathroom scrubbing her mane and coat with the shampoo that Rarity had told her about without any mercy to give. Being covered in grey paint was not something she wanted to do again any time soon. Somepony that had no color at all was practically the opposite of Rainbow Dash, who’s mane was abundant with too many to possibly count. If Rainbow had seen her in this condition, she wouldn’t be able to live with the embarrassment.

She looked at her now-clean fur and smiled.

“Much better. Feels good to have all that grey off. I can’t believe how uncool I looked.” She said.

To Scootaloo: You missed a spot of grey. Oh ya the question. Do you plan to get revenge on Sweetie and Applebloom for the paint?

“What?” Scootaloo looked all around her coat, but couldn’t see any grey left on her…

Until she looked in the mirror and saw a small patch of paint on her nose.

“Oh. Thanks.” She said as she viciously wiped the paint off her face with the rag she’d been using.

Once she removed it from her face, she looked back at the question again.

“Nah. It was an accident, so I can let it go for now. They’re just lucky that Rainbow Dash didn’t see me. If that happened, then I’d probably have a bigger problem.” She answered.

To Scootaloo: *gets out a deck of tarot cards and flips one that shows a stick of butter* I see a whole stick of butter in your future. *flips another one thats just blue* I see blue in your future? *flips one last card that shows scootaloo* and yourself? ok why do I even have cards like those three? *flips a bubble table* i dont even know how to use tarot cards

“…Whaaaat? Is it just me, or are you guys getting weirder?”


To Scootaloo: Hey chicken feathers, how about after Applebloom gets her heart crushed by Chrome, you all go hang-gliding?

Scootaloo noticed the presence of the incredibly insulting nickname that some foals liked to use on her and deadpanned.

“Oh haha. Yeah, like I haven’t heard that before.” She said sarcastically.

Looking over everything else the bubble asked of her, she continued to reply.

“Alright look, Chrome cares too much to blatantly hurt Applebloom’s feelings. The thing is, he’s so thick-headed, that there is seriously NO telling how surprised he’d be if Applebloom ever actually tells him …hang gliding huh? I think Applebloom already tried that. In fact, it was one of the first things she did to try and get her Cutie-Mark before we formed the Cutie Mark Crusaders. It didn’t exactly go as planned…then again…Applebloom isn’t a Pegasus, so it’s kinda obvious she wouldn’t know how flight works…but maybe…” Scootaloo turned her head to look at the wings on her back. She was still unable to fly herself, but she did know most of the basic knowledge of flight mechanics. Her main problem seemed to be getting more than a few feet of the ground without tiring herself out.

“Hmmmm.”





“Ummm…Rarity, I think you might be overselling it a little.” Sweetie Belle pointed out, blocking out the obscene amount of light that reflected off of Applebloom’s dress. Opal had actually been disturbed from her slumber by the intense light, and was now sleeping sporting a pair of sunglasses she had “borrowed” from Tank.

“Whatever do you mean Sweetie? Applebloom looks nothing less of dazzling!” Rarity said, pointing at her handiwork. Applebloom stood on a small platform surrounded by mirrors.

“ There is such a thing as ‘too dazzling’ you know.” Sweetie Belle said.

Applebloom didn’t quite know how to react. She just kind of stood there with a blank expression whilst looking down at her dress. She could say without a shadow of a doubt that she would probably blind Chrome if she went in this, and he already endures enough unintentional physical abuse from their crusading as it stood.

To Apple Bloom: I hope you heeded my warning about over doing it. Your just going to Sugar cube Corner.

To Applebloom: Do you regret asking Rarity for help yet?


HEEEEELP!’ Applebloom thought to herself.

Scootaloo was coming back down the stairs, now fully cleansed of all the grey paint. She had been the only one yet to witness Applebloom’s dress…

And she kind of wished she hadn’t when she got an eyeful.

“Gah! My eyes! I’m blind!” Scootaloo cried as a sudden flurry of light filled her vision and was about to fall down the stairs. Rarity quickly managed to catch her in her magical grasp before she could and slowly lowered her back to the ground.

To Rarity: PLEASE!! Just PLEASE DONT over do it, but I think you did ANYWAY!! *sighs* Rarities.

Rarity looked between Applebloom in her overly shiny dress and then to Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, the latter in a severe dizzy fit from the sudden flash of light, and the former trying to revive her friend.

“Oh dear…perhaps I may have overdone it just a bit.” Rarity said with a sheepish look. She lit up her horn and managed to get the dress off Applebloom.

“If you could just excuse me for a moment, I’ll get this dress up to code. Honestly, I can’t even imagine what I was thinking.” Rarity said as she floated the dress upstairs with her to her “Inspiration Room.”

“Ugggh. What just happened?...Am I dead?” Scootaloo asked in her daze once Sweetie Belle managed to wake her up.

“No Scoots, ya ain’t dead. Rarity just made my dress to shiny and Ah guess ya weren’t ready for it.” Applebloom said.

Scootaloo gave a big sigh of relief.

“Phew. Good. For a second, I figured that light was the afterlife or something.” Scootaloo sighed.

“Sorry about that girls. Rarity goes so overboard with these things. Whenever it comes down to her dresses, it’s go big or go home.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Hehe. Ah noticed.” Applebloom chuckled.

To Applebloom: Hiya there Applebloom! Please do tell, IF you can Chrome were in an actual serious relationship, what would the other ponies think? On a side note, I can probably bet that your dress would be very, VERY, sparkly. Let's just hope it isn't.

Applebloom’s ears fell to her head and her face showed that she was a little worried.

“…Ah don’t know what other ponies would think of us. Ah know it ain’t really normal for a foal and a stallion to be together…but as long as we’d be happy why should it matter? He makes me feel so loved, so Ah’m gonna do mah best to show him how much Ah love him too.” Applebloom said, with her usual blush returning to her features.




To that apple horse junior- You know what you need? A cannon...because your a child I won't finish that reference. The Dragonborn of Steel out!

The three Crusaders looked between each other, all of them with equally confused faces.

“…Did any of ya’ll get that?” Applebloom asked.

“Nope!” Sweetie Belle said.

“I got nothin’.” Scootaloo replied, shrugging her shoulders.










In her Insipiration Room, Rarity was doing her best to work on Applebloom’s dress. She was levitating several fabrics, bows, ribbons, and things of that nature everywhere in her sight to try and see what would work the best together. Making dresses for country ponies usually took a bit more creativity on her part, seeing that she was used to nothing less than pure elegance.

“Hmmm? Let’s see now…no…no…Oooo this may work!” Rarity said to herself as her eyes, sporting a pair of red glasses, looked over every piece for a potential dress.

To Rarity: I heard you have a crush on Fluttershy. Is it true? Or is your type the nerdy librarian?

Everything Rarity had been levitating had been dropped to the ground when the text box appeared in front of her.

“W-What?! Y-you must be mistaken darling. I don’t…oh how do I put this…erm…’swing that way’ as it were.” Rarity answered, practically sweating bullets. She couldn’t imagine for the life of her where those rumors had first surfaced, but if she ever found out, she could guarantee that whoever started those would surely get a piece of her mind.

To Rarity: Here is a piece of advise for Applebloom's dress, make it so that it can be complemented by a setson hat like the one that Applejack has, believe me, I know who Aplebloom's crush is (who I can't tell you because I Pinkie pro..., you know, I can actually tell you, but it won't be today, sorry) and he is really interested in cowmare stuff; by the way you look as gorgeous as always Rarity, never change.

“Oh he is is he? Well, that certainly does help quite a bit. My muse can prove to act a little difficult when I’m put on the spot like thi-…oh…thank you darling.” Rarity giggled with a slight blush. Keeping in mind the advice given to her, and a little from what she had done for Applejack’s dress for the Gala, she got down to business. Lighting up her horn with her usual, light blue color, she started to levitate some of the necessary materials; fabric that consisted mostly of white, blue, and a little bit of brown in all the right places, as well as the knowledge of crafting a Stetson from memory of Applejack’s signature hat. Placing the blue fabric on the flank area of the ponican she had nearby, she started to sew a few clear ribbons onto it, and started to craft a brown saddle onto the back.

Rarity focused her eyes intently on her work; her red glasses sitting on her snout and occasionally having to be pushed back up to her eyes as a result from sliding back down her face. A majority of the time, she had her tongue sticking out of the side of her mouth in her deep state of focus.


“Oh yeessss. This is turning out quite well.” She said to herself.


To Rarity: You say that after you teach to Apple Bloom no stallion can resist her but... I think Blue Blood resisted your charms, maybe you forgot

Rarity halted for only a moment to read the new question. Seeing the mention of Blue Blood, her face conveyed that she was overly disgusted by the memory.

“Uggh. No. How could I ever forget? Dear, Blue Blood just doesn’t know how to treat a lady. Honestly, he didn’t even deserve my attention. Hmph.” Rarity said as she pushed her elegant mane out of her face…






Back downstairs in the boutique, Applebloom was pacing back and forth, eagerly awaiting on her dress from Rarity to be completed. At the same time though, she was incredibly jittery.

“Ooooh, ah’m so nervous! Why can’t I get this achin’ feeling in mah stomach to go away?!” Applebloom whined.


Sweetie Belle patted her friend’s back. She didn’t think she’d seen Applebloom this uneasy since before family appreciation day at school. She had been so afraid of Granny Smith embarrassing her that she had been on edge the entire week.


“Applebloom, you need to relax. You’re just having some pre-date jitters. It happens.” She said, comforting the yellow filly. It didn’t appear to accomplish too much, because just the thought of a date with Chrome made her face heat up.

“A-Ah jus’ don’t know what to do! Ah’ve never done nothin’ like this before!” Applebloom said.

Sweetie realized her attempt to calm Applebloom down had backfired pretty badly, so she turned to the orange Pegasus in the room for further assistance.

“Uh Scoots? Can I get a little help here?” Sweetie asked.

“How the hay should I know how to deal with this? You know I don’t get this girly, lovey-dovey, mushy junk.” Scootaloo asked.

Sweetie Belle deadpanned.

“Scoots, you and I both know you have a crush on Rumble.” She said.

Scootaloo’s face matched the same color that was currently on Applebloom’s face, and she started to stutter at her friend’s accusation.

“I-I already told you, I d-don’t have a crush on him!” Scootaloo shouted. She was getting pretty sick of this. Firstly, how the holy mother of Celestia did they find out about her crush on Rumble, and secondly, why were they so Tartarus-bent on getting her to admit it?

Sweetie Belle sighed in defeat. Scootaloo wasn’t being much of a help to Applebloom’s situation, and from the looks of it, neither was she.

To Apple Bloom: do your best and try to win him over and be cute.

That actually seemed to help Applebloom’s demeanor a little. Bigger ponies did say that she looked pretty adorable. Heck, even Chrome had made that comment a few times, which made her blush to an unreal extent.

“Ummmm, alright. How’s this?” Applebloom asked her friends as she attempted to flesh out her cuteness as much as possible by smiling and attempting to make sort of a bashful look about her.


“Wow Applebloom! That’s REALLY good!” Sweetie Belle said.

“I gotta say, that’s pretty impressive AB.” Scootaloo also complimented.


“All finiiiished~” The sound of Rarity’s sing-song voice got the attention of the fillies, prompting them to look in the direction of the stairs as the alabaster mare came trotting back down with a new, much more subtle dress held inside her magical grip.

“Well it took some doing, but I think this one will be much more to your liking Applebloom.” Rarity said, using her magic to fit the clothing onto her.


To Applebloom: oh, yes, I know a Rarity will make you fabulous! Now come on! What are you wearing? How's your mane? Do tell~<3

Applebloom’s new dress included a red and white saddle on her back with some brown around the edges, and a blue skirt with a few apple patterns laced around the bottom, and some clear ribbons sown in for good measure. Rarity also levitated a Stetson with a rose crafted into the fabric onto the farm filly’s head.

“And voila! Well, what do you think?” Rarity asked excitedly. The Crusaders could tell that Rarity was ecstatic over this whole situation from the fact that she was practically beaming. She must have some really high hopes for Applebloom’s romance if she was this happy to help.

“Rarity Ah…Ah love it!” Applebloom exclaimed.

“Woooow Rarity! Applebloom looks so pretty! When she’s dressed like that, she’s sure to win over Ch-mmph!” Scootaloo put her hoof over Sweetie Belle’s mouth before she could spill Applebloom’s secret (for the second time). She also gave Sweetie a disapproving stare as she slowly shook her head.

…Wow, I’m terrible at this.’ She thought to herself. There was almost no doubt that if Applebloom’s secret got out, it would probably be Sweetie Belle’s fault.

All of a sudden, the bell above the boutique’s door rang, signaling the entrance of another pony. Rarity took her attention off the Crusaders for a moment to see who it was, only to find their foalsitter standing at the entrance.

“Oh! Chrome darling, how nice to see you. To what do I owe this unexpected visitation?” Rarity asked the aqua stallion.

“Afternoon Ms. Rarity. I saw the state the girl’s clubhouse was in and kinda put two and two together.” Chrome looked past Rarity and spotted the fillies in question. “You three sure know how to make a mess don’t ya?” he chuckled.

“Hehe. Yeah. Scootaloo got paint all over her.” Sweetie Belle said.

“That was your fault and you know it!” Scootaloo shot back.

Applebloom didn’t even bother to say anything. She knew for a fact that Chrome was very susceptible to adorable things, and so she put on the same, bashful face she had earlier, hoping Chrome would take notice of her new appearance.

He reacted in pretty much the same way he reacts to anything cute.

A big smile whilst biting his bottom lip.

“D-Do yah, like m-mah dress?” she asked nervously.

“...Of course I do! I mean, who wouldn’t? You look adorable!” Chrome said. Applebloom nearly squeed in delight as she trotted up to her foalsitter and nuzzled his chest fur.

“Well, you’re pretty affectionate today aren’t you? Rarity asked.

“Mmmmmm~” Applebloom didn’t even seem to hear Rarity as she continually buried her blushing face in Chrome’s fur.

“…Ummm…alright then…Chrome, while you’re here, can I just tell you how grateful I am that you always watch Sweetie Belle and her friends? What with the amount of work I always have on my shoulders I couldn’t possibly be able to handle them all hours of the day.” Rarity said.

Chrome put up his hoof.

“No big deal Rarity. It’s not like any real time is being taken out of my schedule or anything. Most of my time revolves around farm work and these three little troublemakers.” Chrome grinned while slightly ruffling Applebloom’s mane, making her blush even harder.

“Oh but it is a big deal! Applejack allows you to stay in her home in return for your services, while I haven’t properly shown my gratitude! Ooooh, why does Applejack have to look so good and make me look so bad?” Rarity whined.

Chrome facehoofed. He’d only really met with Rarity a few other times before, and he knew she was supposed to be overdramatic and whiney but…wow.

“Rarity, trust me, it’s fine.” Chrome said.

Rarity wasn’t going to take no for an answer on this one though. She was supposed to be the Element of Generosity, so she was used to being generous to others. It would be incredibly rude and unladylike of her to not return the favor.

Then something came to mind, and her ears perked up.

“…Chrome dear, if I recall, you’re single aren’t you?” Rarity asked with an ever-growing smile.

“Oh dear Celestia, I’m just gonna stop you right there. You’re like the third pony to bring this up today.” Chrome said with a discouraged look on his face, looking slightly at the ground.

Rarity edged herself closer to the stallion,.

“Terribly sorry darling, but something about that just baffles me. After all…hehehehehe…” Rarity put a hoof under Chrome’s chin and turned his head toward her, his muzzle mere inches from hers, making his face turn beet red.

“-You are quite easy on the eyes if you ask meeee.~” Rarity cooed seductively.

None of this helped Chrome’s impending nervousness, as he was practically sweating bullets now.

“R-Rarity, what’re you-“

“Shhhh.” Rarity put a hoof to Chrome’s lips to get him to be quiet, and removed it a moment later.

“Just relax darling.~” Rarity said, moving her lips closer to Chrome’s face.

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! What the actual buck is going on?!?!?!’ Chrome’s head was practically reeling. He was seriously not used to this kind of attention from mares, and it made him feel incredibly nervous.

“Grrrrrr.” Applebloom growled as she pushed Chrome backwards and held possessively onto his left foreleg.

“Wha?-Applebloom, whatever is the matter?” Rarity asked the farm filly.

Applebloom didn’t say anything, but only held Rarity with that “Hooves off” glare that rivaled Fluttershy’s stare, and Rarity could have sworn she could see steam coming from her head.

Applebloom made no attempt to hide her anger over the matter. If she was going to ever get Chrome’s love, she couldn’t let anypony else take him from her. But even as cute as she apparently was, how was she supposed to compete with any of the other mares in Ponyville?


To Applebloom: Guys love it when you compliment their hair. I know I do. Do that!

“Ummm…your mane looks…really nice.” Applebloom said, almost in a whisper.

Chrome was trying to get over the initial shock of Rarity’s assault. No mare he had ever met ever put the moves on him like that…save for that one time where Applejack kissed his cheek when they were foals. But it was his birthday that day, and her aunt made her do it, so that didn’t count. Applebloom managed to snap him out of it though; finally he was able to get some relief.

“Really?” Chrome looked up at his blown-back styled mane. No matter how hard he tried, there were quite a few pesky hairs near the front that just refused to stay down.

“…I dunno. Looks kinda scruffy to me. Thanks for the compliment though Bloom. You’re such a sweet kid.” Chrome said with an amused smile, lightly patting Applebloom’s Stetson-covered head, once again making her blush. She looked to her friend on the other side of the room; Sweetie Belle looked like she was about to release a massive squee, and Scootaloo gave her a smirk and a nod.

Rarity was quite put off. Just a moment ago, Applebloom was absolutely seething with rage over Celestia knows what, and now she looked just about as happy as she could be when Chrome complimented her and gave her mane a little noogie. This didn’t quite add up…Not that she was complaining really. Applebloom didn’t look like she wanted to kill her anymore.

“So Applebloom, I was wanting to see if you felt like, maybe going to Sugarcube Corner. After all, you DID bake me a pie, so-“

“YESYESYESYESYES!” Applebloom squealed. While she did know it was coming, thanks to the mysterious bubbles, hearing the love of her life’s own voice say it made her heart nearly explode from glee. Already, she started to nudge Chrome toward the door, hoping to get to her “date” as quickly as possible.

“Woah! Geez Bloom, can I at least finish my sente-AHHHH!” Chrome yelled as he stumbled out the door, nearly tripping over his own hooves, leaving behind the all too well knowing Crusaders, and a quite misinformed Rarity.

“…She seemed quite happy to see Chrome, didn’t she?” Rarity asked.

“She’s happy to see him all the time Rarity. What’s your point?” Sweetie Belle asked, slightly hoping that her sister wasn’t catching on.

“I don’t know, She looked so…unnaturally giddy. I can understand a foal being happy to spend time with her foalsitter but…not THAT much. Even then, it still wouldn’t explain why she got so angry when…oh dear.” Rarity’s eyes widened in realization. “This can only end in disaster.”







The entire walk to Sugarcube Corner felt strangely awkward for Chrome as for some reason, Applebloom was walking unnaturally close to him. She still held that blushing, smiling face and she also seemed to have a slight bounce in her trotting.

“You’re pretty excited huh?” Chrome asked with a raised eyebrow.

Applebloom happily nodded her head, her Stetson falling over her eyes for a moment before she put it back to her head.

“Uh huh. Ah…Ah really like spendin’ time with ya Chrome. You’re always so nice to me n’ mah friends, even after ya’ll get hurt so bad around us.” Applebloom said.

“Hehe. Well, I’d be lying if I said I enjoyed pain. But it’s not your fault. It’s me being a clumsy idiot trying to keep you guys out of trouble…Hey uhh…what was up with that grumpy face back at the boutique? You looked pretty mad when Rarity was getting all flirty with me.” Chrome said.

Applebloom went from happy to terrified in less than a second, suspecting that Chrome could be getting wise to her crush, at a time when she didn’t know if she was ready to confess.

“W-Well A-Ah just…Ah ummm,,,” Applebloom stumbled over her own words, while Chrome looked at her with a questioning face.

“Hmmmm…Oooooh, I think I see the problem here.” Chrome said.

Applebloom’s face turned as red as the apples her name represented, and she could feel a little sweat forming on her forehead as she feared the worst.

Ohnoohnoohnoohnoohno! Please don’t tell me he’s-

“You like spending time with your foalsitter so much that you don’t want a mare getting all the attention do ya? Don’t worry about it Bloom. I’m pretty sure Rarity was just engaging in a bit of flirtatious teasing.” Chrome said.

“Wha….Yeah! Yeah that’s totally it!” Applebloom shouted, grateful for once that Chrome had such a thick skull.

‘Yeah, it ain’t like Ah wanna marry you n’ be by your side for the rest of mah life. Hahahaha……Oh Celestia, I want you to love me so bad.’ Applebloom thought to herself.

When the two finally made it to Sugarcube Corner, Chrome again slightly dreaded going inside, knowing the pink menace that surely awaited him on the other side of the door. But for Applebloom’s sake, he was going to go through with it.

To Chrome Hoof: Hey, just warning you, Sugarcube Corner might be a bit...er...fancier than you expect.

“What are you guys talking abo-“ Chrome didn’t get the rest of his sentence in when he opened the door and took in just what was presented to himself and Applebloom. Unlike usual, Sugarcube Corner was dimly lit, every table had a vase of roses on it as well as a few candles. Over in the corner, they saw Octavia and her band playing a seemingly endless romantic tune.

Applebloom was beaming at the romantic setting in front of her, but to say that Chrome was confused would be an understatement.

…What in the world? Why’s everything all…fancy looking? And…Oh no.’ Chrome looked back and forth when he realized that he didn’t see Pinkie Pie anywhere. It’s never a good sign when that mare isn’t in your direct line of sight.

Chrome would soon find out how fatal it can be to let your guard down in Pinkie Pie’s domain.

“HI!”

“Aaaaah!” Chrome jumped a few feet forward and let out what could be perceived as a rather girly screech when he heard Pinkie’s squeal of delight come unexpectedly from behind him. Being a boxer, he was used to being able to predict his surroundings pretty well. But with Pinkie Pie that was next to impossible.

Applebloom was slightly snickering at seeing Chrome startled so badly.

Hehehe. He’s so cute when he’s scared.’ Applebloom thought.

“Hi Chrome! What’s up?! Huh huh huh?!” Pinkie asked with a happy grin.

“…My blood pressure.” Chrome sighed, trying to relax after having the living Celestia scared out of him. This was why he mostly kept his distance from Pinkie. Freaking jumpscares.

“Woooow Applebloom you look so pretty! Are you trying to catch the attention of a certain somepony by any chance? Hmmmm?” Pinkie asked, slightly nudging Applebloom’s foreleg with her own and giving a slight wink.

Pinkie, can you not!?’ Applebloom yelled internally, looking a little nervous.

To Pinkie: I can trust you, here, have a medal *Gives pinkie a big chocolate coin on a candy ribbon*

The item in question appeared on Pinkie’s neck, prompting her to start drooling at the sight of it, and she hungrily licked her lips.

“Soooo, you guys want somethin’? I got a new cupcake I think you two’ll REALLY like. ” Pinkie said gleefully.

“Ooooo. What is it?” Applebloom asked eagerly.

Pinkie giggled.

“Why don’t you two just sit tight for a bit, and I’ll get it right out for you! Just…enjoy the atmosphere.” Pinkie laughed as she hopped into the kitchen out of sight of the two ponies.

Chrome was still pretty out of it. Pinkie wasn’t scaring him nearly as bad as she had at his “Welcome to Ponyville” party, but something was seriously wrong with this entire setup. The lighting, Pinkie acting all weird, the romantic music.

He didn’t get it.

Applebloom meanwhile, found herself just staring at the stallion of her dreams with a look of total admiration in her eyes. No colt in her class would be able to compare to the understanding and compassion Chrome had for her and her friends. It didn’t matter to her if he was older than she was. It’s only a ten year difference.

The two of them sat at one of the tables across from one another, Applebloom still giving Chrome her smitten look, which unfortunately for her, didn’t go unnoticed.

What is up with that look? She seems way happier than she should be.

“…Bloom, what’re you lookin’ at?” Chrome asked.

Applebloom snapped out of her trance at that and tried her best not to look Chrome in the eye.

“N-Nothin’.” She stuttered.

What was that all about? Did that nickname embarrass her or something? He hoped not, he’d already been calling her that for quite while.

To Chrome: I will kill you if you hurt AB

To Chrome: I swear to the might of Celestia, God, and Faust herself, if you hurt Applebloom emotionally, physically, or mentally, I will send the entirety of the Army of Northern Virginia to burn down Equis and gut you like a fish. (I will also have a bullet in my 44. just for that moment.)


“Woah, hold on now! I would never, EVER even consider hurting Applebloom! Why would you think I’d even do something like that?!” Chrome responded.

Applebloom giggled to herself.

Hehehe. You’re so sweet Chromey.’ She thought.

“I’m baaaaaack~” Pinkie said as she came bouncing back into the room and tossed two cupcakes onto the table. Both had green icing and a slice of apple on the top. Applebloom took a bite out of hers and licked the icing off of her lips.

“Mmmm. Tastes like apples.” Applebloom said in delight.

“Well of course it does silly! Wouldn’t be an apple cupcake if it didn’t taste like apples!” Pinkie cheered.

Chrome took a bit out of his as well.

“Wow Pinkie. This is awesome! Where’d you learn to bake this good?” Chrome said, his wariness around Pinkie Pie starting to tone down a little.

“Oh, I had this recipe ready when you guys came by!” Pinkie said.

“…And how’d you know we whe…you know what? Forget it. I don’t wanna know.” Chrome said, slightly covering his muzzle with his hoof.

“Okie dokie lokie!...Oh I got something else for you guys! Gummy! Come here!” Pinkie yelled. Not even a moment later, a small, green reptile stood up held a single, strawberry milkshake on his head and slowly placed it on the table.

The most noteable thing about it though, was that there were two straws in it.

Applebloom pulled her Stetson over her reddening face and squealed into it.

Chrome still had no clue what was going on.







The door to the Apple Family’s farmhouse opened later that night. An extremely tired-looking Chrome Hoof trotted into the house, with an already-asleep Applebloom sprawled across his back. Applejack appeared to be the only one awake right now, and after seeing such an adorable sight, she slightly laughed to herself.

“So Ah take it Sugarcube Corner went well? How ya’ll feelin?’” she asked.

“Tired. You would not believe the day I’ve had AJ.” Chrome sighed.

Applejack tilted her head.

“What? Somethin’ happen?” Applejack asked.

Chrome rubbed his forehead a little, apparently suffering from a slight headache. The fact that it could have been induced by too much exposure to Pinkie Pie, was not entirely out of the question.

“I went to Carousel Boutique to pick up Applebloom, and Rarity…started flirting with me.” Chrome replied. Almost immediately after Chrome said that, Applejack’s ears fell to her head, and she looked almost worried.

“…Really? Well…ain’t that a good thing? Ah mean, ya’ll were complainin’ about not havin’ a marefriend n’ all.” Applejack said.

“AJ, you know how I get when I’m around mares don’t you? I can’t get a marefriend because I’m always too freaking flustered and scared…ugh. I don’t know why I keep griping about it. It’s my own fault.” Chrome sighed

Applejack put a hoof under Chrome’s chin and lifted his head up, looking straight into his eyes.

“Chrome, that’s enough. Bein’ a little shy around mares ain’t nothin’ to be ashamed of. Besides, ya’ll can talk to me just fine, so…that helps don’t it?” Applejack asked.

Chrome blushed slightly and sheepishly smiled.

“Hehe. Yeah, I suppose it does.” Chrome said.

Applejack patted his shoulder.

“Ya see? Now, Ah’ll take Applebloom to her room. Ya’ll look like you could use some rest.”

“Phew. Thanks Applejack.” Chrome managed to shift Applebloom onto Applejack’s back, relieving himself of the weight on his back. Applejack carried the little filly to her room leaving Chrome to go to the guest bedroom that he slept in and plop himself down on the bed, starting to contemplate his current “mare issue.”

“Hmmm, AJ is right though. I can already talk to her really well, I’ve known her for years and…heck, I’d definitely be lying if I said she wasn’t attractive and-“ Chrome slapped a hoof over his mouth before he said anything else.

Urrrgh! Stop that Chrome, you bucking idiot!

Author's Note:

It's aliiiiiiive! :D

And good God, this felt like such a long chapter. I had most of this done for quite some time, but got stuck at a few points.


Anyway, Chrome's having some conflicted feelings about Applejack right now. Poor guy. Let's face it though. A lot of platonic friends of the opposite gender end up questioning their relationship with the other one at some point.

Comments ( 18 )

To AB: Sorry for say this, but Chrome see you as a foal, every move you try is like a game for him... Just look what happen with Spike and Rarity... Spike try everything for Rarity but she treat him like a slave... Do you want that with Chrome? Maybe Rarity was after all a bad idea, and besides you can't take the train to the Crystal Empire just to ask the Princess of Love...

Maybe there is a potion or something in Zecora hut to make you a adult, like that you could get his love before somepony steal him. You already see how is Chrome and you know is time before another pony like Rarity try to seduce him and you can't watch him all time.

To Sweetie and Scoots: You need help with AB and it seems Rarity can't help... What about if you ask the Great Expert? Take the train and go to the Crystal Empire, who is better that the Princess of Love itself? And who knows, maybe in the way you both win a Cutie Mark or Scoots find the answer for her problems.

"A big smile whilst biting his bottom." did you mean to put lip at the end of that?

To Chrome: Did you know there is a mare named Screwloose that loves to help ponies? You should ask her for advice. Be warned though, she's a little random.

To Applejack: You should sit Applebloom down and talk to her about crushes. I have a feeling she might have one.

To Chrome: Well, aren't you big ol' lovestruck maggot sack right now? And before you even think about Mcbitchy pants, (A.K.A. Rarity) know that she is pompus, arrogant, and is just a complete whore. I swear, if she got a nickel for every guy she slept with, she'd be richer than fucking Donald Trump!

To AB: Just know, that even if you do all this stuff for Chrome, he is never gonna like you. Get this through your thick head: You. Are. A FOAL! If society thinks that fillyfoolers are taboo, then a foal loving a stallion would be 10x worse! Just try a better target. I hear Flash Sentry's little brother is in town.

And before I go-
*Explosions sound off in the distance*
"Sergeant, we have incoming hostiles!"
*Gunfire is heard in the distance*
Aw crap.
*Clanking of metal and various sounds is heard in the back round*
Eat it maggot sacks! Hahaha!
*More and more gunfire is heard*
"Sir! Incoming missile!"
*Static*

To Chrome:
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, MAKE A MOVE ON RARITY! IT WILL END IN DISASTER, I PROMISE YOU!
... No pressure.

To Chrome: Yo buddy! How's that blood pressure of yours? Still high as ever?

To Pinkie: HEY PINKIE!! Good job on that event at Sugarcube Corner! I don't have any money to give as a reward....so.....here! Have this! *presents a small toy pistol* It's magically made. If you think of whatever flavor you want, it will shoot out a syrup of that flavor! And it's infinite! Have fun!

To Applebloom: Ok. Picture this, you and Chrome having foals of your own! How does that sound? Seems pretty nice, eh?

To Applejack: Hi Applejack, here I come with some information, one: You better become more active about Chrome, yes I know you have a thing for him, the thing is that there are some mares that want him right now, and they are already making moves on him, you need to catch up before he is taken, I'm on your side; two: Would you belive me if I tell you that little Applebloom has a crush? it appears that your little sister is growing up, try to have a sister talk to her, and don't ask her who the lucky colt is, it would be intrusive, wait until she tells you herself, or present him to you, just don't try to kill the poor guy ;D.

To Chrome: Man, did you know you are bad at reading body language? didn't you notice how worried she became when you talked about Rarity flirting with you? I'm telling you, she likes you, you should really take the opportunity to ask her out, she will say yes, trust me.

Chrome: I've had those your best friend may be your crush moment and slapped myself too. A suggestion friend, just promise me you won't be gay at the end of this. Cuz I can see that happening... Ugh...

AB: hey, it's me again, the Professor. Maybe u being cute is nice and all but that will make chrome not treat you seriously! Try to be logical, heck maybe decorate has a "Mellow mood" potion to give him.

Comment posted by ParadoxPony deleted Mar 19th, 2015

I do not want to be that guy, but when will you write the next chapter?

5756680 I've gotten half of it written mostly, but I haven't had the time to work on any of my ask stories really. I'll be getting around to the getting the next one up hopefully soon. Sorry for the long wait. :twilightblush:

To Chrome: How do you feel about the little flowers that bloom on apple trees before apples come in (That may or may not be in the form of a tiny horse. It's hard being a dimensional traveler...)? ~New Dawn~

To Applebloom: Just a quick question and I don't mean to make you upset but... What if Chrome doesn't return your feelings? Don't get mad or anything but still, consider the possibility. Anything can happen in love. ~New Dawn~

ETA on the next chapter? You've gotta admit it's been a while.

6361645 I'm fully aware of this. Motivation on quite a few of my fics has been kinda "bleh" lately, plus I'm starting college. I'll do my best to get the next one out as soon as I can. :twilightblush:

To AB: Hmmm... bit of an odd question, but would you ever consider telling Babs or Twist about your crush? On an unrelated note, Chrome seems like the kind of guy who will like you better as yourself. Not that a bit of dressing up doesn't hurt, of course. Try getting to know more about him, maybe get a laugh out of him. Best of luck!
-P.P.P.

Login or register to comment