• Published 29th Mar 2012
  • 16,320 Views, 271 Comments

Borderline - Lucefudu



Dwelve into the mind of the famous Cupcakes killer, Pinkamena Diane Pie

  • ...
33
 271
 16,320

Author's Notes

Dysphoria
The sequel.


Inspired by:

System of a Down - Holy Mountains

Can... you... feel their... haunting presence?

Liar! Killer! Demon!
Back to the river Aras!
Someone's blank stare deemed it Warfare.
Liar! Killer! Demon!
Back to the river Aras!
Freedom...
We're free...

Can... you... hear the... Holy Mountains?

Liar! Killer! Demon!
Back to the river Aras!
Someone's mouth said: "Paint them all red!"
Liar! Killer! Demon!
Back to the river Aras!
Freedom...
We're free...

They have all returned, resting on the mountain side
We... have learned that you have no...
They have returned, resting on the mountain side
We have learned that you have no...

Honor! Murderer! Sodomizer!
Back to the river Aras!
They have returned, resting on the mountain side!
We have learned that you have no....

Honor! Murderer! Sodomizer!
Back to the river Aras!
Freedom...
We're Free...
Freedom...


Try a YouTube Reading.


Message to MuzzledElk:
A very, very, very, very big fucking THANK YOU for creating those awesome images for the patient's case records! I'm still sorry for pestering you about it, man! Seriously, it is awesome!
(Credit of the Equestria logo goes to: LiquidRadiosity)

Message to Mist:
[strike]I know that you’ve quit FiMFiction[/strike], but I still need to thank you for always giving me a helping hand whenever I needed, even though you had a dislike towards everything Cupcakes-related. He was the one responsible for giving me great pointers to revise the story and pointed out several flaws. You’ve been a good friend and I wish you the best.

This was mainly written to prove that some Cupcakes Spin-Offs aren’t so bad. I’m not saying that this story is exceptional, but it can’t be compared with the other crappy spin-offs that flood the site every now and then.

This is heavily influenced by the infamous Cupcakes fanfic (by Sergeant Sprinkles: World's Greatest Party Clown) and the Ask Pinkamina Diane Pie tumblr (by toriningendesertparty {A.K.A. crookedtrees}).

On the original take of Cupcakes, Pinkie 'corrupted' Applebloom. Since the tumblr showed her 'corrupting' Scootaloo instead, I didn't go into further detail as to whom Pinkamena had 'befriended'.

I tried my best to give some characterization to Pinkamena, while avoiding any solid diagnosis (even though I hinted at Borderline Personality Disorder. As seen on Party of One, you can note that Pinkie Pie has some sort of emotional issues about feeling ignored/abandoned; which is a clear trait of B.P.D..
Pinkie couldn't have that, as the guilt of killing her friends would be too great for her; she would rather kill herself than her friends (for in death, they would be abandoning her). But since this was the trait that most "clung" to Cupcakes' Pinkamena, I decided to name the story after said pathology and trick the doctor in his hypothesis.

I thought about Korsakoff's Syndrome, seeing that Pinkie feeds mainly on sweets (carbohydrates) and has almost zero Vitamin B1 intake.

I even considered Multiple Personality Disorder, but I decided that it would be much more interesting to make Pinkie Pie a persona of the killer, not the other way around.
(If you read the story thinking that she had M.P.D. and, by reading this you understood that she hadn't. I sincerely encourage you to pay more attention whilst reading.)

But please, feel free to speculate. Just refrain from saying the term schizophrenia, though. Pinkamena is not a schizophrenic!

Additional inspirational/research material:
* We Ned to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver - For giving me insight to what would be a more realistic reaction from the characters.

* Charles Manson, as told to Nuel Emmons - For inspiration.

* My Little Amnesia - For giving me creepy ideas in the middle of the night.

* TarbyRocks, for creating Something Broke: The Continuing Tale of Pinkie Pie & Ponycyde. An awesome, near-21 minute long masterpiece. It served me as an inspiration and also as a 'nudge' towards certain parts of the fanfic. Even though our Pinkamenas are different as to their past, the music is terrific... just listen to it! This guy's got real talent!
You can support this artist HERE. (Really, support him. He creates all this awesome, free stuff for us without asking for nothing in return.)

Comments ( 83 )

as soon as i saw the new chapter, i got shivers down my spine, fantastic:pinkiecrazy:

Great work, definitely one of the best if not the best Cupcakes spinoffs.

600866 My answer is: Read it again and pay more attention.

no shes not schizophrenic i am:rainbowkiss:

600872 Really? Please elaborate upon positive and negative symptoms and their correlations with the medicaments needed to treat such ailment. :twilightsmile:

600875
I see my dead grandmother but don't really need to take any pills:moustache:

600885 Hallucinations are indeed a symptom of schizophrenia, but it isn't enough to diagnose it.
And be careful; schizophrenia can be progressive.

600893
thank you have moustaches:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

GODDAMN IT FLEE ALL YOU PONIES
FLEA
FLEA
PINKIE PIE IS MAKING CU---
OH MY GOD! NO! NO! STOP! OW! AH! SOMEPONY HELP ME--
I'm back everypony, did you miss me?

593539
Oh, and you should totally finish it.

602643 In the tumblr there isn't a backstory of how she corrupted Scoots. But on Ask Scootaloo The Sadist (which is now deleted, but you can find the images on ponybooru), it is explained that both parents abused the lil' filly and one day, Pinkamena came to kill her dad.
Since I'm a nice guy and all, I'll give you the image that explains it:
img.ponibooru.org/_images/3d0f853fbb3af7193dcc50978f87a09d/57168%20-%20artist%3AStraightShrubs%20ask%20ask_pinkamena_diane_pie%20ask_scootaloo%20ask_scootaloo_the_sadist%20backstory%20Cupcakes%20gore%20meta%20pencil%20scootaloo%20scootaloo%27s_parents%20spinoff.PNG

Oh, and in the original Cupcakes, Pinkie does corrupt Applebloom.

602908 :facehoof:

Did you read the story?

Psychiatrist's Daughter = Juna
Psychiatrist's 2nd Patient = Velvet Rose

602973 Yes, there are two different versions (by the same author).
The first, after Pinks kills RD, shows Silver Spoon (or Diamond Tiara... I don't remember) being strapped to a bed or something. Pinkie comes along and picks up a knife. Applebloom appears out of nowhere and tells Pinks to stop. SP (or DT) is glad for a moment, until Applebloom mutters "You said it was my turn!" Applebloom proceeds to show SP (or DT) what she did to DT (or SP) and the story ends abruptly, leaving the reader to his imagination.
The second is the one you read.

603578 The credit is given and both images link to your DevArt! :heart:
But I uploaded Velvet Rose's on my DA. If you're uploading on yours, I shall remove it from mine (and link you nevertheless)

603604 Ah, good stuff.
I'm far too lazy to actually upload it on mine, just link me or something if it really means that much to you. :pinkiesmile:
WHY CAN'T I WRITE THIS CLOP!?

603612 WRITE THE DAMN CLOP!

I thought you would like to upload it there because it is a great image. But if you're feeling lazy, I won't bother you. :rainbowlaugh:

603623 NO!
It's horrible! :fluttercry:
LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

602908
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:pinkiegasp:

604163 No! Velvet Rose is another patient!
His daughter is named Juna!

604176
yeah i know thats why i said oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:pinkiegasp:

608341
:trixieshiftleft:
:trixieshiftright:

. . .

:facehoof:

Did you read the story? Did you pay attention to the names? Did you read my reply to that comment before commenting yourself? Did you not notice that her case report is written in the same way Pinkamena's is? Didn't you notice the patient's number that is written, IN BOLD LETTERS on the chapter?
No. No you didn't. :ajbemused:

sigh
This is the last time I'm repeating this. If this questions pops up again, I'm going to delete that comment.
Juna = Doctor's daughter
Velvet Rose = Patient

It's not that hard.


Here's a tip. A tip you can apply on both stories and on your day-to-day life: If you want to say something about anything, be sure to pay attention beforehand.
Otherwise this happens.

Well..
What to say...
Well first off, this is a quite refreshing view on the whole 'cupcakes' story, nice to see something that shows the afteraffects without going into massive gorn porn.
The Good.
It's a new and refreshing take on a old classic, the story well paced and well explained, thus making most (I'll say why only most in a bit) of it make perfect sense and easy to read.


The bad.
The pov changes.
At first it's clear enough, we are seeing this from the a normal 3rd person view, like say a Camera.
But there are pionts, (I'm looking for the damned quotes)
(Edit, found it: "She sighed. This would be the fifth time she would need to tell them about what she had done. She already know what she had done; what sense they thought it would make to remind her one more time about it? Regret? The only she had -- apart from being apprehended -- was not being able to go back in time and do it all again.")
It seems to switch to Pinkamenas view for a while, but it wasn't really that clear a first, thus causing me to re-read the paragraph in question, once doing so the pin dropped. (Though this may have been just me.)

The ending.
I understand what miss Pie meant when she killed the Celestia-voice patient "No. I made it of no further use to her" but applying it to the Doctor...
I mean, the other patient attacked her and had something so wanted, but the Doctor?:rainbowhuh:
Unless she was gaining pleasure from watching his life falling apart, accumulating with the murder of his daughter. (By nice to see the morgues report on her).

Thats it really, over all It's a great story, but you did tell me to nickpick so... I did.:pinkiecrazy:

608382 Well you don't need to be a jackass christ. Someone made a mistake. I read the story over again and yes it was Juana, I'm sorry its been three months. If Juana was the one who died why is her hairband on Velvet Rose's paper? Here's a tip for you: stop being sutch an asshole and move on, jeez. And if you think I was trying to be rude to him, you're wrong. :ajbemused:

604163 Inkairous is right but If Juana was the one who died why is her hairband on Velvet Rose's paper?

618137
It says that you replied to a comment of mine, but I can't see which one, or where.
What did I say?

Also: damn, I didn't even realise there were new chapters for this! There were only two when I first read it...

616042 I'm sorry, I did act as a jackass and I apologize.
I don't know if this is of any comfort, but I was in a pretty shitty week. Still, that doesn't give me the right to have done that, and once more I apologize.

I know how... asshol-y I sound when I read back those comments of mine. And now that I'm calmer and in a thinkable state of mind... those mistakes are probably my fault to an extent.
I'll try to address them on my revision.

Huh...whadya know, I'm scarred for life...oh well. :pinkiecrazy:

626842 Don't worry... scars tend to fade with time. On the distant future, you'll look back to that alabaster mark on yourself and think: "Oh god..."

623065 heh...I guess I was a bit of a jackass too, sorry.:twilightsheepish:

You know its funny I actually just wrote a paper for my psych class about Pinkie, and I came up with the same diagnosis. Fragile attachment to her friends, heavily affected by others perceptions of her, extreme reactions to said perceptions. Btw really loved this fic it honestly had me invested and wide-eyed right up to the very end. definite thumbs up

640948 Borderline kind of suits pinkie. I mean- she really is attached to her friends, but she doesn't have delirium in the show... not to mention that she isn't manipulative when it comes to her feelings.
And this fanfic's Pinkamena is also very far from having BPD.

Never liked Cupcakes.
In fact, I have a burning hatred for it. :twilightangry2:

But, damn, dude, was this fic smart, entertaining and down right creepy.

Almost makes that abomination worth having around since this is based on it. :pinkiehappy:

600893 Vell I did a report on the Schizophrenia, Yes it will make you see things but also hear things that aren't there as well. If you played Dead Space 2 even though they say Dementia, Thats basiclly what Schizophrenia is so there you go hoped it sorta helped :/

721323 To reiterate: Although auditive hallucinations are the classical manifestations of the early stages of Schizophrenia, they aren't enough to establish a firm diagnosis. And sorry, I'd rather follow the guidelines imposed by the American Psychiatric Association (or better yet, the Canadian Psychiatric Association) than relay on what games "teach" me.

721464 OI Games can be informitive!

721587 Wrong information is still wrong, sorry. I'd rather obtain my knowledge from trusty sources.

721610 Well what I said excluding the Game Part Is preatty Much true...And before i Go on FIND THE W VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVWVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

721628 What you said is true for some cases of Schizophrenia.
Found the W in 3 seconds. :ajbemused:

721652 Oh....*sigh* Well good luck~! Oh btw, Pinkies behind you...Dont turn...

723043
Didn't read it in time.
Oh well. At least I had the pleasure of reading this masterpiece dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/Scootaloo_lolface.png

723100 Pssst. Check the author's notes.
It's there!

This sounds interesting, I do love myself a good game of cat and mouse, its why my favourite show of all time is Death Note

723299 Y'know. I think you're the first one who understood it. (No, I'm not being sarcastic)

this fic was amazing, and the song you linked works great as a sort of credits song to the fic, I WANT THIS FIC ANIMATED AND FULLY VOICED WITH THAT CREDIT SONG DAMIT!

383918 Pinkie Pie was simply her making a persona to hide her self, when she broke down, she thought she was her persona she created, when the whole time she murdered people and all that, it was her acting. The Docter thought she had a persona with friends, and when pinkemena showed herself, she went murdering people. Pinkie basicly said that she was always Pinkamena, that she simply was acting that she was this random individual.

593539
Well, for what it's worth, I don't think you should take it down. This is a great story and your hard work would go to waste if you threw it out with last week's garbage :ajbemused: Of course, we would all like to see it continued, but if you don't want to... Well, it is your story after all.

S.Y.O.D.= Pinkie music, and my favorite band of all time

Oh. I thought this was a multichapter thing...

Login or register to comment