• Published 13th Jul 2011
  • 6,613 Views, 73 Comments

My Most Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle - Greki



Life in Ponyville is wonderful for Twilight, but how was Twilight's life before it? Some vignettes showcasing Twilight's, Princess Celestia's and Spike's adventures before FiM.

  • ...
3
 73
 6,613

Dancing

Twilight Sparkle, it was said, was awful at dancing.

It was not uncommon to be unskilled, to say the truth -- particularly for a pony as inclined to studies as herself -- but it was of general interest to take note of this.

Because Twilight Sparkle was a very good study, they said. So good, in fact, she was excellent at replicating what she saw.

So the truth and interest of the matter lay not in that Twilight was awful at dancing, but from whom she learned dancing from.

~~~

“Today, Twilight, I must teach you on the importance of self-control,” said the Princess, while going to a phono-graph placed prominently in the middle of a room. She stood beside it. “Self-control, Twilight, is what allows us to do the many things we must in this life. Without it, nothing would be accomplished. Please meditate on this.”

Twilight vowed to not only meditate but to be the very best in self-control. Ever.

“There are many methods to teach oneself self-control--” Twilight listened attentively. “Some say to climb the highest mountains--”

Twilight was starting to reconsider that vow.

“Others, to bathe oneself in cold water every morn--”

Yep, totally reconsidered.

“Personally, I believe there is a better method to this myself.”

Oh?

Twilight perked up as she felt the anticipation. Princess Celestia raised her head in regal pride. Her eyes were closed.

“Dancing.”

Huh.

Princess Celestia’s horn lightened and, with delicacy and grace, picked the small, roundish needle-thing -- cartridge, her books would later say -- and placed it in the middle of the disk-thingy -- turntable-- for the music to play.

Harmonious music would surely--

Hi dee diddly um de dum de day!

Well, that was not quite what she expected.

“What a merry time we’ll have upon your wedding day!”

And then Celestia did something that Twilight would never forget.

Dancing.

Author's Note:

Yup, I'm alive! And I can totally see Celestia dancing to that song like that. And everyone always says Twilight's just awful at dancing. Who's to say she didn't learn it to perfection?

Anyway I know it's not much but I promised sakuralovelight that I would spin off a chapter over this month. It's almost over so I didn't have much time. Besides, these were designed to be vignettes, so I just ended as I usually did with the others. Lemme see if I can work on some more with more quality. Even if it takes another lifetime. I need to build the habit back up. Sorry 'bout that.

Thanks for all you people that still follow this little story! You make me happy!

Comments ( 5 )

These shorts are amazingly cute.

I'd forgotten about this story, but I'm very happy to see it update. And I also love the idea that Twilight's dancing isn't so much terrible as several centuries out of date.

6556881
I wrote that before Season 1 was over. Such a long, long time ago. I don't think the thing with the Cake existed back then, yet. And thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad you like them!

6557100
Oh! It makes me that you still follow it after all this time. Thank you very much! And yeah, I had the silly thought yesterday. Made me smile so I decided, why not?

6556881 I agree wholeheartedly!

Awwwwwww........ I love this story!!! So will it have more?

Login or register to comment