• Published 13th Jul 2011
  • 6,613 Views, 73 Comments

My Most Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle - Greki



Life in Ponyville is wonderful for Twilight, but how was Twilight's life before it? Some vignettes showcasing Twilight's, Princess Celestia's and Spike's adventures before FiM.

  • ...
3
 73
 6,613

Praying

Praying


Once, Twilight Sparkle went to the Royal Balcony.

She had been invited by the Princess to accompany her in praying.

It was night.

The sky was clear that day. The moon clearly seen among the stars.

At first the Princess was silent. Her eyes closed in contemplation.

Twilight thought that she had started praying already, and made a move to start her own.

Then Princess Celestia opened her eyes.

It was in an instant. The Princess flapped once, then twice, and her body went into the air just like it had been when she had raised the sun in the Summer Sun Celebration.

Eyes shone a brilliant white.

She prayed.

"IN THE MOONLIGHT A WORM

"SILENTLY

"DRILLS THROUGH A CHESTNUT!"

Twilight knew that from that moment on she would never look at the Princess the same way ever again.

Author's Note:

The Haiku belongs to Matsuo Basho. This is an old chapter that wasn't published here for some reason, even though I had uploaded it. This is what I said the first time I had published it:

Imagine that in the Royal Canterlot Voice, in case you didn't get it. Anyway so this is something I squeezed just before going to work. The Haiku belongs to Matsuo Basho. I was looking for moon poem and I thought this one was strangely fitting. Something of a Celestia reading poetry to Luna every night to help her pass the time or something, in a way that Luna understood, of course. And well, there's hints of the future here, as well.