• Published 13th Jul 2011
  • 6,613 Views, 73 Comments

My Most Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle - Greki



Life in Ponyville is wonderful for Twilight, but how was Twilight's life before it? Some vignettes showcasing Twilight's, Princess Celestia's and Spike's adventures before FiM.

  • ...
3
 73
 6,613

No Ending

No ending.

Once, Twilight Sparkle discovered a book.

It had no ending.

“What! Where is it? It can’t end like that!”

She searched everywhere. In every single corner, in every single book. She searched throughout all the library and when she was done with that she went through the castle.

But still no ending.

The pages were... just blank.

It was terrible.

Now she would not know the end of the tale.

She cried.


It was by chance that Celestia seemed to pass by.

With a small tickle in her ear, she heard the filly crying around the corner.

“Oh,” she exhaled. “What do we have here?”

She went over, knelt beside trouble filly and covered her with one wing.

Her gaze was like calm sea.

“What troubles you so, my little pony?”

But Twilight could not respond. She could only sob.

Something stole Celestia’s glance.

“Ah!” she exclaimed, drawing Twilight’s gaze. “You found it!”

Twilight blinked her huge watery eyes. “What--?”

“My favorite book. You have found it, Twilight Sparkle. Thank you!”

But Twilight was aghast. “B-but… how can this be your favorite book? It doesn’t have an ending!”

The Princess smiled.

“Ah. But you assume that it has no ending because its last pages are blank. You assume that it was not finished… But what if its pages were meant to be blank? What if they were left blank on purpose?”

“HUH?”

“I prefer to think, my dear Twilight, that I can create my own ending every time I read the book. That every time I can make it so much sweeter. Or maybe, never ever end it.” She leaned close and winked. “The Journey has just started…”

Twilight Sparkle’s eyes never shone any brighter.

Author's Note:

I can't even begin to explain why I died so long ago and just came back. I just can say that time passes by way to quickly and sometimes life is more intense and scary and changing than a story could ever be. Thank you, though, for sticking with me. You're awesome.

**And forgot to add this in: Thanks to Cerulean Starlight (I don't know how to... tag people, I guess) for all his corrections.