• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 1,668 Views, 355 Comments

Starswirl's Journal - AlesFlamas



Genius, mad scientist or simple unicorn who caught a lucky break? Starswirl's journal shall reveal all.

  • ...
7
 355
 1,668

PreviousChapters Next
Entry #104

How is it that death can be so beautiful? Perhaps it is morbid to say so, but I cannot help but look upon her and smile, just as she smiles. She sits upon her throne, a crown upon her head, and I can only imagine what a wonderful queen she might have been. Surely there must be something wrong with me. Others would gaze upon the corpse of their beloved and burst into tears. But all I feel is nothing. No emotion whatsoever. I've never felt an emptiness like this before and I fear it might swallow me. What scares me is that I'm not sure I care.

How can she smile? How, in death, could she possibly smile? Didn't she understand everything she left behind? . . .What am I saying? Of course she knew. She knew exactly what she was doing. The issue is, that I don't. I can't handle the confusion and my lack of emotion right now is more overwhelming to me than any breakdown I could possibly have. I need answers. But the only mare capable of giving them to me. . . why, Rain?

She left a letter. She left me a letter. It had fallen beside the throne, and I failed to notice it right away. She really knows. . . knew me all too well. Whatever lies within this letter though, it will be bittersweet at best. I don't know if I actually want to read it. But regardless of what I want, I suppose I'll have to sooner or later.

PreviousChapters Next