• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 1,667 Views, 355 Comments

Starswirl's Journal - AlesFlamas



Genius, mad scientist or simple unicorn who caught a lucky break? Starswirl's journal shall reveal all.

  • ...
7
 355
 1,667

PreviousChapters Next
Entry #5

Finding nothing to do in this dreary town but eat, and already having consumed a good portion of my funds (and many, many doughnuts) I made the mistake of taking a midday nap behind the inn (as the innkeeper does not allow daylight tenants.) I awoke to the sound of many young fillies and colts playing in the snow, in itself not a problem. When I opened my eyes to find a young mud-dweller filly sitting in front of me watching me sleep- that was a problem. After screaming like a mare and getting over my initial shock, I asked her why she'd been watching me. Apparently she'd never seen a unicorn before. Not surprising in the least. She asked me if I'd ever seen a Pegasus before. Only in passing, I told her. Then she asked me why Pegasi, Unicorns, and Earth Ponies (her words not mine) couldn't get along with each other. I told her it was because we were all different. She asked why being different meant we couldn't get along. I wasn't sure how to answer that, as I myself was unsure of the answer. Needless to say, the filly forced me to ponder an issue I would rather not ponder.

Note to self: Take no more naps behind the any inn.

PreviousChapters Next