• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 1,666 Views, 355 Comments

Starswirl's Journal - AlesFlamas



Genius, mad scientist or simple unicorn who caught a lucky break? Starswirl's journal shall reveal all.

  • ...
7
 355
 1,666

PreviousChapters Next
Entry #114

I have a lot of thinking to do. Within the span of a year, events have transpired which have managed to completely and utterly change my views on the world and on life as a whole. I fell in love, was married, had a daughter, and then the love of my life died. I've gotten to know and made friends with ponies that I otherwise would have scoffed at. I named a near-complete stranger's daughter and for some reason was brought to tears when I learned of this stallion's death, at the hooves of my beloved's estranged brother no-less. I, with the aid of the other tribe leaders, halted the attempted conquering of the three tribes by the self-same stallion who killed the near-complete stranger. And I banished him to a life of eternal wandering with no hope for respite. And now I have three fillies to raise. What a strange year this has been.

I think I'll be taking a break from this journal. It seems all I ever put into it are dreary thoughts. I can seldom hold it anymore without feeling as though I have lifted a tremendous weight which would be better left where I retrieved it from. Namely, the top drawer of my work desk on the west side of my bedroom. When I have happier thoughts, or maybe when I simply have too much on my mind to contain within my skull, I will write again. But until that time. . .

DATED FOR POSTERITY

FEBRUARY THE TWENTY-SEVENTH OF THE YEAR TWENTY-ONE NINETY-ONE

Author's Note:

Hey everybody. Firstly, I'd just like to thank all of you, for sticking with this story and giving it your support. I never really expected anyone to like it and I was very pleasantly surprised by all of you that did.

Secondly, I want to say that, unfortunately, I've run into some issues that I wish to revise. That will take awhile. In addition, this is my graduating year for high school, and there's a monstrous workload. I'm splitting my attention between this workload and a project which may or may not actually pull through and I'd rather not talk about right now. These two things are going to be priority for me for quite some time. Meaning I won't be updating this story for that same amount of time. Which will be a while. Sorry guys.

But again, thank you all for sticking with this story this far. I hope you continue to enjoy it when I come back to it.

PreviousChapters Next