• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 1,668 Views, 355 Comments

Starswirl's Journal - AlesFlamas



Genius, mad scientist or simple unicorn who caught a lucky break? Starswirl's journal shall reveal all.

  • ...
7
 355
 1,668

PreviousChapters Next
Entry # 85 December 13, 2190

I'm having a few of the royal physicians keep an eye on Rain. Based on information from the notes I read, there's no way of telling when a pony has the Pox of Purpose until it's reached it's fatal, incurable stages. Unfortunately, because of this, there's also no telling when the disease infected it's host, nor is there any way to track it's gestation period. Truly troubling. For all I know, I could have the Pox. But until a time such as I know for sure, I'll just have to carry on as normal... I hope she's okay. I hope Clover is okay. They've only just so recently become parts of my life, but I can scarcely imagine it without them now. I just don't know what I'd do if....

Addendum: I received a notice from the Chancellor. Apparently he and the Commander are already waiting for me at the appointed location, and are only so early because they don't trust the... well, the anything. They don't want to risk infection and traveled in secret far ahead of time. They claim to have enough food to last for at least a fortnight and have told me to depart sometime within that timeframe. I'm only to inform those around me of my departure only as I am about to leave. At least that's what the letter said. There's more than a strong possibility that it's a total fabrication, the handiwork of Duke Sombra. But still, there's really only one way to find out for sure: perfect my teleportation spell, pop in and run away at the first sign of danger. Not the most courageous plan, but in all honesty, I'd rather be a living coward than a dead idiot.

PreviousChapters Next