• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 1,668 Views, 355 Comments

Starswirl's Journal - AlesFlamas



Genius, mad scientist or simple unicorn who caught a lucky break? Starswirl's journal shall reveal all.

  • ...
7
 355
 1,668

PreviousChapters Next
Entry #98 December 23, 2190

The Commander is out and his Lieutenant is starting to worry. He claims that the Commander's tantrums never last longer than twenty-four hours. We are verging on the twenty-seventh hour of his absence. His daughter doesn't seem to miss him much, but there are matters of great import that require discussing. And while the Chancellor and I would love to begin the meeting without him, it would cause no end of problems if he were to return and find us delegating without him. I wonder if all pegasi are this disagreeable.

I'm beginning to notice little quirks in the personalities of each foal. The Chancellor's daughter, Diane, might as well be a ball of pure energy, with how much bouncing around she does. Biscuit's daughter on the other hand seems calm and collected; but boy does she love to play in the dirt. It makes me wonder how she and Platinum are getting along so well, considering Platinum's extreme aversion for filth. But the real confusion lies in the daughters of the Commander and Lieutenant. Never a more opposite pair of fillies have I ever seen. Cloudhopper's daughter is as timid as a bunny rabbit and, while she gets along just fine with the rest of the girls, seems to avoid them ever so slightly; Stormchaser's daughter, in stark contrast, outgoing to a fault and has tried no fewer than seven times to make a flying leap from banister to banister on the second floor. And at the center of it all is my Clover, silently observing and noisily participating as the situation sees fit. I can only imagine how these six would get along as fully grown mares.

Addendum: The Chancellor asked how often I shave, and when I said never he replied that he wasn't surprised. Apparently I've been growing quite the goatee in the last few months, and as I ran my hoof across my face, I could feel other pieces of the figurative facial hair puzzle falling into place. Perhaps I should let it grow out. The Chancellor agrees that a beard might be a good look for me.

PreviousChapters Next