• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 1,668 Views, 355 Comments

Starswirl's Journal - AlesFlamas



Genius, mad scientist or simple unicorn who caught a lucky break? Starswirl's journal shall reveal all.

  • ...
7
 355
 1,668

PreviousChapters Next
Entry #3 January 5, 2190

We encountered certain unforeseen circumstances on our way to Gilded Lily. A snowstorm, unaccounted for in all reports hitherto provided by the weather committees of the Pegasi, prevented us from going any farther today. Blasted bird-brains must be miffed about something or other. Anyhow, we were forced to stop over in one of those mud-child farming villages I'd heard so much about from traveling merchants. It wasn't nearly as dirty as I'd expected it to be. Of course, it was still ridiculously filthy, as were the inhabitants. Amazing how even in months where they are not required to work the fields they can still manage to be covered in at least a layer of dirt. The inn we rested in was no more pleasing to the eye. I was required to sleep on a bed of straw. Literally a bed of straw, The food at least was decent, though I made certain to check it thoroughly for any undesired particulates. Now I'm afraid this entry must end here, as the innkeeper has told me they have a strict lights-out curfew, and as I am writing this entry by candle-light, I am breaking it. Stupid Mud-dweller.....

PreviousChapters Next