• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 1,189 Views, 41 Comments

Mind of the Dark - Silver Melodies



What happens when you mix a room full of ponies with chaos and fear? Well, Discord wants to find out, and he has a little game planned that won't end well for anyone. Can the ponies defeat Discord's game, or will their fear cause them to tu

  • ...
7
 41
 1,189

Goodbye...

Blood. Redness filled her sight. She tumbled across the floor, her pink combatant in tow, leaving a pool of blood in their wake. Fluttershy didn't even know where it was all coming from. Her body felt fine, no major cuts or anything to let that much blood out. A quick look over Pinkimena's body proved she suffered very few wounds as well, only scratches...

Fluttershy rolled over to strike her foe in the jaw, sending the pink mare reeling. Fluttershy followed up with a kick to the ribs, which caused Pinkimena to fall over, head still spinning. Even the delusional mare was feeling the pain in Fluttershy's strikes. But that didn't mean it slowed her down.

Pinkimena sprung up and forward, tackling Fluttershy to the ground. Fluttershy struggled to fend off the rain of blows that was coming from her assailant. She blocked a few, but most found their mark on her face or stomach. She fought off the dizziness, not used to this kind of pain. She rolled with Pinkimena until the came to a stop at the base of a wall, where she bucked her off and jumped back to her hooves. She brought her fore legs up and smashed down, catching Pinkimena in the face. Of course, even though Fluttershy was hardened, she still wasn't very strong. The blow brought Pinkimena to the ground, but didn't do much damage.

Fluttershy noticed that her enemy was missing her cleaver. She didn't remember knocking it from her hoof...

Did she drop it? Maybe she did, so she had a better chance of winning... maybe she could do this! She was holding her own, surprisingly... though most of the time it was a blur... maybe the cleaver had broken, so Pinkimena had left it... or...

Maybe not.

She found it... sticking out of her stomach, now almost lodged all the way in... how the hell had she NOT noticed that? She looked down at her wound. The cleaver was buried almost hilt deep in her stomach... and blood was pouring out profusely.

Ah... so that's where the blood came from... huh...

She surprisingly didn't feel any pain from it... but she was feeling the loss of blood. Her head began to swim, and her limbs grew weak.

Her heart sank. Looked like she wasn't going to survive... this was her end. She wasn't scared, just... not scared. Not brave either... more of a... it is what it is attitude. Like she didn't really care her life was coming to an end.

She would make her last few minutes count, and she would bring this beast Pinkimena down with her.

She tackled the mare and drove her hooves down with all her strength, and then some. Pinkimena dodged her attack mostly, but her left foreleg was caught in the hoof slam. And it snapped in half. Pinkimena yelped in pain, and Fluttershy stared at the wound she had just inflicted. She had... she had just broken one of Pinkimena's legs... for all her thoughts, she hadn't actually expected to bring any serious injury upon the mare.

She reared up and crashed back down again, this time catching Pinkimena in the face. The mare's nose broke in, sending blood everywhere. Fluttershy didn't cower from the blood. She found it... fascinating... as if it was drawing her... She eagerly smashed Pinkimena again, this time cracking her cheek, sending her coughing up blood. Fluttershy looked intently at the blood, and for a second contemplated what it tasted like...

In that second Pinkimena bucked her off of her and sprang up. She kicked Fluttershy in the stomach, plunging the Cleaver in the whole way, now beginning to poke through her back. Fluttershy fell back onto her rump, staring in disbelief at nothing.

She had... what was she thinking? Why did she do that? Where did that strength come from? She looked down to her stomach, now horrified by the blood that flowed. She had done it... she had turned into a monster... she was evil... she had a mind of the darkness...

A loud crash brought her attention the wooden splinters that flew from a nearby door frame. She saw that tongue, slithering through the air, searching for prey. Pinkimena stumbled out through one of the doors. Fluttershy ran away from the monster, crashing into a wall. She scrambled across the wall, trying to find the door when the tongue slid out of the darkness and wrapped around her ankle.

All of her rage, strength, and adrenaline melted into fear. She screamed as the beast dragged her across the floor. She was desperate, and she knew she would die soon anyway... she just didn't want to die by being eaten.

Fluttershy grabbed the cleaver in her stomach and yanked it out, causing her extreme pain. Her open wound suddenly flared with pain as she slid the metal across her flesh. But she had to ignore it. The beast hung her in the air, right in front of its face. It seemed to smile as it opened its mouth.

Fluttershy swung the cleaver and sliced through the monster's tongue, sending her falling to the floor. She scrambled up, but fell right back down, the pain in her stomach almost too much for her to bear. Why did the pain have to show up right when she was running for life?

She got up and ran again, falling once more, sliding to a stop in front of the door. She yanked it open and stumbled through it. She locked the door and turned to see she had made a fatal mistake...

She had locked herself in a dead end...

She ran around, trying to find a door, something, a way out... she didn't want to die this way! She found nothing.

The walls seemed to close in around Fluttershy as she cowered in the dark room. She struggled to slow her breathing, but she was terrified. She had never gone through something like this in her life. She wished she could just leave now and be done with this sick game. But she couldn't. All the doors were locked and she was trapped. She had no where to go now.

She looked to her wound once more, seeing her blood beginning to slow in its flow.

The door to her room was blown apart, and a silhouette stepped inside. Fluttershy screamed as the wood splintered and pelted her face. She curled up even tighter, as if she could protect herself from the horror that stood before her.

But she couldn't... a tongue slithered towards her, grasping her hind legs, dragging her towards her death that awaited her so eagerly. She screamed again. Her spirit was broken. She had given up. She was dead. She had failed... she wouldn't live to see the new day, grim though it may be. This was it.

She was lifted once more into the air. She couldn't fight. Somehow she had lost her cleaver. She stared at those deathly eyes, that wicked grin, and the blood dripping from the jagged teeth. She wished only one thing now...

"Discord..." She whispered as the maw opened before her.

A single tear fell from her cheeks, landing on the floor with a light touch, scattering its water fluids across the surface.

"Don't let Rarity remember this..."

And she was no more.


Discord stood in the fields. His cheeks were wet with tears, as he had only recently finished crying. What had he done? Was this his destiny? To, in his love for chaos, destroy everything he knew...

And everything he held dear?

Sure, Twilight and them, they could die, he didn't care. But Fluttershy... even though he had resented her loving spirit, he was still drawn to it. He hated her for that, so he had done this to break her... that way they could rule the land in chaos together... without all that mushy 'friendship is magic' shit...

Of course he hadn't been looking for two minutes... he had been busy with chaos. he came back to see... Fluttershy was being eaten. He rushed down to save her, but even for a god of chaos, he couldn't move fast enough... he heard only one last sentence from her... before she died... one last request, and he vowed to carry it out... it was the lest he could do.

Pinkie Pie, who had turned back to normal, and Rarity stood, or laid, next to him. They were both depressed... and why shouldn't they be? They had gone through something worse than hell... the murder of their loved ones. Pinkie Pie was crying, her hair looking like someone had dumped a bucket of water on her head. Rarity, on the other hand, was hurling everywhere. She was bawling, screaming, moaning, ripping her mane out... she had eaten her friends... of course she was upset... more than upset... not even depressed... Discord didn't know the word. Utter despair?

He reached over and laid a hand on her head, letting more tears fall as he removed her memory of the events that happened. She stopped writhing and closed her eyes, now in a deep slumber. He looked to Pinkie Pie... who was gazing across the city of Ponyville. How would she cope now? He wouldn't remove her memories, Fluttershy didn't ask that... but he still felt a little bad for her...

He sent them away in a flash of light, back to their homes... he didn't ever want to see them again... he just wanted to see Fluttershy... his dear, sweet Fluttershy...

But she was no more.

He curled up in a ball and let himself cry. He wept aloud, shedding tears for his own stupidity... if only he hadn't done this whole game... if only he had been watching more carefully... if only, if only, if only....

He whispered one word... to his lost love... to the one he would never see again... thanks to his own actions...

"Goodbye..."

Author's Note:

And we're done! That wraps up this story. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as i did writing it! If you have suggestions, ideas, alternate endings, anything... tell me in the comments, please!

Comments ( 27 )

Wow didn't expect that ending and it was a great one. My favorite part of the fic was easily the fact that discord regreted his actions :fluttercry: to me that is what made the ending for me it changed it from an average ending to a great ending. Great job :pinkiehappy:

Holy...









Ok I'm done with everything labeled 'dark' for a while now.
*immediately forgets this and moves on to The Secret Life of Rarity because I'm an idiot*

OH CELESTIA IS THE PONY IN THE COVER ART RARITY???

4142767 Yes... the whole reason why Fluttershy is in the games becomes crystal clear at the end. I hope you're enjoying this as much as I assume you are...

4143097 Yeah I liked it. It was a great story
Just
Uh
I didn't need sleep tonight anyways.

4143192 I have no idea how I put a jump scare in this story... it just...

*magical pixie dust sound*

happened...

H-h-how could u-u-u make m-m-me c-c-c-c-r-r-r-y-y???:fluttercry::fluttercry:

4331200 Um... uh... I... OH LOOK! PINKIE PIE!

:pinkiecrazy:

Oh, that's Pinkimena... um... Fluttershy?

:fluttershyouch:

Oh yeah... last try... Twilight?

:facehoof:

4331210 *sniff* I... G-g-guess u didn't do it on -p-p-purpose :fluttershysad::fluttercry::fluttershysad::fluttercry:

4333692 Well... I wouldn't say I wasn't trying... maybe...

4333705 WHAT THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!!!how could u toy with me like that!!!!!! I must say u did made me cry more then I do when I read something this sad....:fluttercry::fluttercry:

4333753 I mean u got many emotion for the every pony die in the story MY HEART BROKE WHEN FLUTTERSHY FUCKING DIEDso yeah :3 :twilightblush:

4333794 Glad I could make you cry! ... wait... uh... I mean... :twilightoops:

4333916 Merp.um I actually like crying it lets all my emotions out on my favorite ponys soo um this?:twilightblush::pinkiehappy:

4333930 Let's put a SMILE on that face... :pinkiecrazy:

4334000 Why is she happy? Uh... I am confuse... :derpytongue2:

If only, if only the woodpecker sighs
The bark on the tree was as soft as the sky
And the wolf waits below, hungry and lonely
He cries to the moon if only, if only

If only by Fiction Plane

Id say for a alternate send in my badass oc who walks up to discord from a portal from hell and says he can undo fluttershys death but at a cost discords life and yes i said hell my guys part demon

This story need more views! A lot more. If someone read this and put in effects and everything and posted it on youtube, it would get seriously popular. It is a well-written short gore story. I need more. Luckily this site is filled with awesome stories like this.

I think there were a few too many ponies with the addition of some OCs (Glaze, Tomb, and Mic), which stretched out things a bit. Would've probably been better as Mane 6 + siblings (including Scootaloo). That said, Derpy had the most impactful death aside of Fluttershy herself.

Login or register to comment